Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay

cdgacoltsfan

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth…..

The Colts we’re the winningest franchise in the NFL from 2000 to 2009, and the 4th winningest franchise from 2000 thru 2021.  That all happened on Irsay’s watch.  He hired Polian and Ballard.   

Irsay may be a deeply flawed human being, but that shouldn’t stop knowledgeable fans from giving him credit.   That we’ve had so much success for so long is not a coincidence.  Give the man his due.  

Typically, blame for bad franchises goes to the owner.   Seems fair that credit should go to good franchises to their owner as well. 

Yep. Case in point, look at my Cincinnati Reds… Been rebuilding for practically 25 years with no success, and most of the blame falls on the owner. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. Case in point, look at my Cincinnati Reds… Been rebuilding for practically 25 years with no success, and most of the blame falls on the owner. 

Don't mean to turn this into a baseball thread, but 1.) Your owner is dirt cheap 2.) He treats the fans like garbage and 3.) He trades his talent away instead of extending them to bigger contracts when they perform. That's a team that is horrible from the ownership down, and the fans don't deserve it.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't mean to turn this into a baseball thread, but 1.) Your owner is dirt cheap 2.) He treats the fans like garbage and 3.) He trades his talent away instead of extending them to bigger contracts when they perform. That's a team that is horrible from the ownership down, and the fans don't deserve it.

Check, check, and check. It’s one of the worst run teams. 

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

Man you comment on just about every topic and I agree with a few of your idea but disagree with most of them.  You also seem to feel like you are some sort of regulator of the way people should think about everything Colts football and the way people should communicate about Colts football.

if you want to talk ball I’m down with that.  If you don’t I’m down with that too.  If you want to be sheriff of what I say I’m not going to accept your authority.

you generally start commenting on my posts rather than the opposite.  I am not a huge Irsay fan.  What is that to you?  Yeah say something about 15 year old SB appearances when we had the best QB in history at the time.  I find that to be more coincidental than causal personally.  Apparently, you don’t.  That’s what’s funny to me. 

then you count likes.  Did you notice that there are several posters that agreed with me about Irsay.  I’ve personally never been impressed with what I’ve seen from Jim Irsay in anything.  So what?

if you don’t like my opinions or style, I have a suggestion .  Don’t respond to them .  You laughed at my first post in this thread.  And I just looked.  I got three likes lol,for it.

and dude you are just hard to ignore on this board.  You are everywhere all the time and then you are upset because I laughed at one,if you’re ur posts.

If you think Irsay is a bad owner or you don't like the way he runs the team, so be it. Everyone has opinions, nothing personal.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you think Irsay is a bad owner or you don't like the way he runs the team, so be it. Everyone has opinions, nothing personal.

Fair enough

It’s no so much bad but I don’t see anything I’d call good.  Lots of arguments can and have been made about the club under achieving with Manning.  It’s an interesting argument.  Not sure even after all these years what I think of it.

the way I remember it, though this site wasn’t a thing I was around then is Irsay stayed out of it under Polian.  There can be an argument that Irsay messed the bed when he didn’t stick with Manning.  And the way I remember it, it was Irsay doing. I’m actually on the side of it was the prudent decision with Luck available and Manning’s question marks.  In retrospect it would have been better to trade the Luck pick for king’s ransom. It’s not that I question.  

since polian he seems to take a more public role and to me it ain’t working out.

I think the original idea I think is about continuing to bring up Washington’s QB.  Cringy to me.  Sure he has the right.  

but that’s it .  Don’t think he’s a saint or a devil 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Fair enough

It’s no so much bad but I don’t see anything I’d call good.  Lots of arguments can and have been made about the club under achieving with Manning.  It’s an interesting argument.  Not sure even after all these years what I think of it.

the way I remember it, though this site wasn’t a thing I was around then is Irsay stayed out of it under Polian.  There can be an argument that Irsay messed the bed when he didn’t stick with Manning.  And the way I remember it, it was Irsay doing. I’m actually on the side of it was the prudent decision with Luck available and Manning’s question marks.  In retrospect it would have been better to trade the Luck pick for king’s ransom. It’s not that I question.  

since polian he seems to take a more public role and to me it ain’t working out.

I think the original idea I think is about continuing to bring up Washington’s QB.  Cringy to me.  Sure he has the right.  

but that’s it .  Don’t think he’s a saint or a devil 

I am not sure where this franchise would be without Manning to be honest. I think Irsay is a good owner but Manning is a top 3 QB of all-time, he was our Michael Jordan. To have that on your side is huge.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People complaining about Jim Irsay are comical. He is one of the best owners in football and his passion for winning is priceless. Maybe he is still mad at the way the season ended last year. He is the owner of the team, he can complain about any player he wants too as he is the one paying them 10, 20, 30 Mill a year, etc..

Since he has been owner = 1998, we have been to 4 AFC Title Games - 2003/2006/2009/2014, 2 SB's - 2006/2009, and we have won a SB - 2006. If people don't like him complaining or what he says, I have a suggestion, Tune him out and ignore him.

Irsay is going to Irsay. Reporters realize this and ask him these types of questions to trigger these responses. Most owners speak very little and you really don't get a lot of insight. Jim is completely different and I appreciate how candid and open he is about the team. 

I usually tune him out if he is starting to harp on a certain topic. I really don't think he's doing that now. He was asked a legit question and answered it with his evaluation of the situation. Whether I agree or anyone else does is irrelevant. He signs the checks. I've ragged on punching bag Carson enough at this point though. Those were team losses. Jim just seems bound and determined Carson was the biggest problem. When you foot the bill you can say what you want.

I do think he has a point but is suffering from a little tunnel vision. Carson was inconsistent but really the whole team was. I think It's very hard to win and gameplan when you have no idea which Colts team is going to show up.  Are they going to be the team that stomped a mud hole in the Bill's or are they going to be the team that gave up a huge lead to Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure where this franchise would be without Manning to be honest. I think Irsay is a good owner but Manning is a top 3 QB of all-time, he was our Michael Jordan. To have that on your side is huge.

Right,  was Krause a good GM. It was impossible not to have at least a high level of success when MJ was on the squad,. The key players didn’t seem to think so, but what do they know?  Lol.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Right,  was Krause a good GM.  The key players didn’t seem to think so, but what do they know?  Lol.

I think Ballard is just as good as Polian. Polian knew he had #18 so he really had a huge advantage regarding the draft and team building. Polian also had Jim Kelly in Buffalo so he had a franchise QB there too. If Andrew Luck would not have retired I think by now we may have won a SB with Ballard, if not we would have at least been in 1 or 2 AFC Title Games battling with KC. Having that franchise QB is gigantic, Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, I just hope he has 2 or 3 good years to show it. I thought Rivers was good here. I think Ballard feels good with Matt here just by the way he drafted and he didn't draft another QB as well.

19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Right,  was Krause a good GM. It was impossible not to have at least a high level of success when MJ was on the squad,. The key players didn’t seem to think so, but what do they know?  Lol.

Without MJ they have 0 Championships. As great as the Lakers were in the 80's, I doubt they have any Championships without Magic, eventhough they did have Kareem. When Buss and West lucked in to getting Magic (draft) in 1979/80 they hit the Lottery. West actually wanted to draft Moncrief instead of Magic, Buss stepped in and said NOPE haha . 

6 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Agree, CW was not the only problem. I hope he held responsible also the defense and OL leaders for that W18 ridiculous showing and has only not spoken out loud because they're still on the team

I think Irsay had met with Ballard and Reich for hours after the Jacks loss. That is what some are saying in here and that he ripped into to them, I am just going by what I have read so I am not sure.

I think the biggest issue imo is Irsay like I believe with Hilton as well as I think he was the vet that Irsay said came to him about Wentz was sold a bill of goods. Carson was talked up like he had Andrew-like traits as Hilton said and maybe from a never say die play approach, but no where near clutch, leadership, or winning mentality.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

I like Him and respect him but he needs to dial it back a bit. His constant droning on about his displeasure with Carson Wentz is embarrassing himself and the organization. Just thank Carson for his service ...it didn't work out. Let it go and move on. 

That's the thing about being an owner..... You get to do what you want.  He's had his issues, but Jim is a pretty good guy and owner.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I think the biggest issue imo is Irsay like I believe with Hilton as well as I think he was the vet that Irsay said came to him about Wentz was sold a bill of goods. Carson was talked up like he had Andrew-like traits as Hilton said and maybe from a never say die play approach, but no where near clutch, leadership, or winning mentality.

Imagine how TY felt in the locker room after the Raiders loss. The game where Carson had TY open for an easy 70 yard TD and he overthrew him by a lot. That game was just as bad as the Jacks loss IMO. That is why people like Irsay and some fans still have a hard time getting over the way last season ended. It wasn't like Carson just had 1 bad game, he had 2 chances to clinch and failed. If he hits TY on that pass, it was game over! and it was an easy play, a great call by Frank that will get overlooked because Carson can't throw a 10 yard pass accurately. SMH

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine how TY felt in the locker room after the Raiders loss. The game where Carson had TY open for an easy 70 yard TD and he overthrew him by a lot. That game was just as bad as the Jacks loss IMO. That is why people like Irsay and some fans still have a hard time getting over the way last season ended. It wasn't like Carson just had 1 bad game, he had 2 chances to clinch and failed. If he hits TY on that pass, it was game over! and it was an easy play, a great call by Frank that will get overlooked because Carson can't throw a 10 yard pass accurately. SMH

That did suck, but the defense had a chance to win the game too

On 8/20/2022 at 3:31 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

My issue here isn't even necessarily why Jim keeps going after Wentz. It's why Jim doesn't blame Ballard and Reich more about this situation. Wentz didn't force his way into Indy. Ballard and Reich wanted him and traded for him. They are the duo who made the (wrong) decision to bring Wentz on the team and let him be our QB for a year and waste a 1st round draft pick. Why isn't Irsay mad at them? 

It's like being the owner of a Fortune 500 company, and the GM or person doing interviews does a poor job of either doing a background check on someone or interviewing someone properly. The person hired makes the company look terrible in some way (bringing national attention to it), and drives stocks down 25% (just as a hypothetical), because of said reason (be imaginative). 

Does the owner of the Fortune 500 company get more mad at the person who did this, or the people who were responsible for bringing him in that caused his company to look bad? This is the closest example to an actual football team I can give, and I'm guessing in that example, the person (hypothetically) who did that interview and hired the person who made that company look terrible would be fired on the spot.

All I'm saying is, Wentz didn't hire himself. Yes, he was bad, but Ballard and Reich brought him in. If Irsay is mad at anyone, it should be those two. 

What makes you think Irsay hasn’t blamed Ballard and Reich more?    By all accounts,  Irsay lit into them the night of the loss, which was very uncommon for him.  He didn’t wait even a day.   And it went on for hours and hours.

Irsay was furious.   Ballard and Irsay both said they got their rear end chewed.    What more do you want?   What more are you expecting? 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That did suck, but the defense had a chance to win the game too

2006Coltsbestever .... ?

Indy 17 - 13..... 

Then 4Q started... 

• LVR - TD (Indy D sucked)
    • 1st & 10 at LV 38
    • (14:39 - 4th) J.Jacobs left guard to LV 39 for 1 yard (G.Stewart, C.Williams).
    • 2nd & 9 at LV 39
    • (14:03 - 4th) D.Carr pass deep left to Z.Jones to IND 19 for 42 yards (G.Odum).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 19
    • (13:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Jacobs left guard to IND 18 for 1 yard (A.Muhammad). #8 Mariota in at QB for LV.
    • 2nd & 9 at IND 18
    • (12:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to P.Barber pushed ob at IND 16 for 2 yards (I.Rodgers).
    • 3rd & 7 at IND 16
    • (12:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to H.Renfrow to IND 11 for 5 yards (K.Moore).
    • 4th & 2 at IND 11
    • (11:18 - 4th) Hunter Renfrow Pass From Derek Carr for 11 Yrds D.Carlson extra point is GOOD, Center-T.Sieg, Holder-A.Cole.
  • Colts - FG (only had possession)  
    • (11:18 - 4th) D.Carlson kicks 65 yards from LV 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 25
    • (11:18 - 4th) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor left tackle to IND 27 for 2 yards (D.Perryman; Q.Jefferson).
    • 2nd & 8 at IND 27
    • (10:35 - 4th) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to IND 35 for 8 yards (R.Teamer, D.Philon).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 35
    • (9:50 - 4th) J.Taylor up the middle to IND 40 for 5 yards (Q.Jefferson).
    • 2nd & 5 at IND 40
    • (9:12 - 4th) J.Taylor right tackle to 50 for 10 yards (K.Wright, D.Deablo). PENALTY on IND-B.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 40 - No Play.
    • 2nd & 15 at IND 30
    • (8:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to M.Pittman to IND 42 for 12 yards (R.Teamer).
    • 3rd & 3 at IND 42
    • (8:02 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Wentz right end to IND 49 for 7 yards (D.Deablo).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 49
    • (7:16 - 4th) C.Wentz pass incomplete short left to M.Alie-Cox.
    • 2nd & 10 at IND 49
    • (7:07 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz scrambles left guard to 50 for 1 yard (D.Philon).
    • 3rd & 9 at 50
    • (6:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass incomplete short right to Z.Pascal (N.Hobbs). PENALTY on LV-N.Hobbs, Defensive Pass Interference, 11 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.
    • 1st & 10 at LV 39
    • (6:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor left tackle to LV 35 for 4 yards (D.Philon).
    • 2nd & 6 at LV 35
    • (5:33 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 32 for 3 yards (D.Philon).
    • 3rd & 3 at LV 32
    • (4:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short middle to J.Taylor to LV 26 for 6 yards (D.Deablo) [Y.Ngakoue].
    • 1st & 10 at LV 26
    • (4:03 - 4th) J.Taylor right guard to LV 25 for 1 yard (N.Hobbs).
    • 2nd & 9 at LV 25
    • (3:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short left to N.Hines to LV 25 for no gain (S.Thomas).
    • 3rd & 9 at LV 25
    • (2:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to N.Hines to LV 22 for 3 yards (N.Hobbs).
    • (2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
    • 4th & 6 at LV 22
    • (1:56 - 4th) M.Badgley 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Nelson, Holder-R.Sanchez.
  • LVR - FG with less 2min.... (Indy D sucked)
    • (1:56 - 4th) R.Sanchez kicks 65 yards from IND 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    • 1st & 10 at LV 25
    • (1:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to F.Moreau to LV 34 for 9 yards (D.Leonard).
    • 2nd & 1 at LV 34
    • (1:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to J.Jacobs to LV 38 for 4 yards (R.Ya-Sin) [D.Buckner].
    • 1st & 10 at LV 38
    • (1:08 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Carr pass short middle to Z.Jones to IND 48 for 14 yards (R.Ya-Sin).
    • (1:03 - 4th) Timeout #1 by LV at 01:03.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 48
    • (1:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete deep right to H.Renfrow [T.Stallworth].
    • 2nd & 10 at IND 48
    • (0:58 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short right to B.Edwards.
    • 3rd & 10 at IND 48
    • (0:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep right to H.Renfrow for 48 yards, TOUCHDOWN [K.Turay]. The Replay Official reviewed the runner was not down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep right to H.Renfrow to IND 24 for 24 yards (K.Moore) [K.Turay].
    • (0:48 - 4th) Timeout #1 by IND at 00:48.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 24
    • (0:48 - 4th) J.Jacobs up the middle to IND 22 for 2 yards (Z.Franklin).
    • (0:44 - 4th) Timeout #2 by IND at 00:44.
    • 2nd & 8 at IND 22
    • (0:44 - 4th) J.Jacobs up the middle to IND 17 for 5 yards (B.Okereke, Z.Franklin).
    • (0:39 - 4th) Timeout #3 by IND at 00:39.
    • 3rd & 3 at IND 17
    • (0:39 - 4th) J.Jacobs left guard to IND 15 for 2 yards (B.Okereke, D.Buckner).
    • (0:02 - 4th) Timeout #2 by LV at 00:02.
    • 4th & 1 at IND 15
    • (0:00 - 4th) Daniel Carlson 33 Yd Field Goal

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What makes you think Irsay hasn’t blamed Ballard and Reich more?    By all accounts,  Irsay lit into them the night of the loss, which was very uncommon for him.  He didn’t wait even a day.   And it went on for hours and hours.

Irsay was furious.   Ballard and Irsay both said they got their rear end chewed.    What more do you want?   What more are you expecting? 

It's obvious that he's more mad at Wentz than Ballard and Reich. All his thoughts that he is saying are anti-Wentz, even 8 months later, to a guy who isn't on the team anymore. The only instance we've heard of Irsay being upset with Ballard and Reich were one time after the game. 

The whole logic is backwards to get mad at Wentz instead of the guys who hired or signed Wentz and wasted the 1st round pick. However, this is Irsay, and he is emotional, which is obvious by what he says. My original post you quoted comparing this situation to a Fortune 500 company is very logical and the most likely comparison of a real-life situation that could happen. Only YOU disagree with it. The pro-authority guy. Doesn't matter if it's Irsay, Ballard, or Reich. You always side with the authority figure.

The fact that all of Irsay's hate has gone toward Wentz makes me think he hasn't blamed Ballard and Reich more. The fact that he forced Ballard and Reich to get rid of Wentz immediately makes me think he hasn't blamed Ballard and Reich more. The fact that Ballard and Reich BOTH still have a job makes me think he hasn't blamed them more. 

Wentz was the scapegoat. For some reason, Irsay thinks that he was the sole problem here. Besides getting a tongue lashing, Ballard and Reich get off scot-free. It should be obvious by the fact that Irsay is still mad at Wentz and says nothing negative about Ballard and Reich, and Irsay is the one owner who would talk before thinking, so he's fully capable of saying something dumb (like something negative about Ballard and Reich while they are employed). The fact that he doesn't proves he doesn't blame Ballard and Reich at all, and all his anger is toward Wentz.

Again, it's backward thinking, blaming the guy who was the poor hire instead of the people doing the hiring that was poor. 

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's obvious that he's more mad at Wentz than Ballard and Reich. All his thoughts that he is saying are anti-Wentz, even 8 months later, to a guy who isn't on the team anymore. The only instance we've heard of Irsay being upset with Ballard and Reich were one time after the game. 

The whole logic is backwards to get mad at Wentz instead of the guys who hired or signed Wentz and wasted the 1st round pick. However, this is Irsay, and he is emotional, which is obvious by what he says. My original post you quoted comparing this situation to a Fortune 500 company is very logical and the most likely comparison of a real-life situation that could happen. Only YOU disagree with it. The pro-authority guy. Doesn't matter if it's Irsay, Ballard, or Reich. You always side with the authority figure.

The fact that all of Irsay's hate has gone toward Wentz makes me think he hasn't blamed Ballard and Reich more. The fact that he forced Ballard and Reich to get rid of Wentz immediately makes me think he hasn't blamed Ballard and Reich more. The fact that Ballard and Reich BOTH still have a job makes me think he hasn't blamed them more. 

Wentz was the scapegoat. For some reason, Irsay thinks that he was the sole problem here. Besides getting a tongue lashing, Ballard and Reich get off scot-free. It should be obvious by the fact that Irsay is still mad at Wentz and says nothing negative about Ballard and Reich, and Irsay is the one owner who would talk before thinking, so he's fully capable of saying something dumb (like something negative about Ballard and Reich while they are employed). The fact that he doesn't proves he doesn't blame Ballard and Reich at all, and all his anger is toward Wentz.

Again, it's backward thinking, blaming the guy who was the poor hire instead of the people doing the hiring that was poor. 

Goodness gracious, Jared….   The Wentz trade was NOT an offense that a good GM or HC get fired for.    The cost of the trade was Pennie’s on the dollar.   And I said this the day we made the Wentz trade back in March of ‘21.   We almost made the playoffs and should have made the playoffs.   You don’t get fired over that.  So much for your professed liking of Chris Ballard.    

And I don’t defend Irsay trashing Wentz.   I’ve already posted that in this thread and other threads whenever Irsay rants about CW.   It’s a bad look and he shouldn’t be doing it.  

By the way, no one knows that Irsay forced CB to make the trade.  Ballard and Reich were likely on board with the move.   I’m sure Irsay would’ve forced them if CB and FR wanted to keep him,  but I think they were ready to move on.   A quickie divorce was best for all concerned. 

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

2006Coltsbestever .... ?

Indy 17 - 13..... 

Then 4Q started... 

• LVR - TD (Indy D sucked)
    • 1st & 10 at LV 38
    • (14:39 - 4th) J.Jacobs left guard to LV 39 for 1 yard (G.Stewart, C.Williams).
    • 2nd & 9 at LV 39
    • (14:03 - 4th) D.Carr pass deep left to Z.Jones to IND 19 for 42 yards (G.Odum).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 19
    • (13:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Jacobs left guard to IND 18 for 1 yard (A.Muhammad). #8 Mariota in at QB for LV.
    • 2nd & 9 at IND 18
    • (12:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to P.Barber pushed ob at IND 16 for 2 yards (I.Rodgers).
    • 3rd & 7 at IND 16
    • (12:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to H.Renfrow to IND 11 for 5 yards (K.Moore).
    • 4th & 2 at IND 11
    • (11:18 - 4th) Hunter Renfrow Pass From Derek Carr for 11 Yrds D.Carlson extra point is GOOD, Center-T.Sieg, Holder-A.Cole.
  • Colts - FG (only had possession)  
    • (11:18 - 4th) D.Carlson kicks 65 yards from LV 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 25
    • (11:18 - 4th) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor left tackle to IND 27 for 2 yards (D.Perryman; Q.Jefferson).
    • 2nd & 8 at IND 27
    • (10:35 - 4th) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to IND 35 for 8 yards (R.Teamer, D.Philon).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 35
    • (9:50 - 4th) J.Taylor up the middle to IND 40 for 5 yards (Q.Jefferson).
    • 2nd & 5 at IND 40
    • (9:12 - 4th) J.Taylor right tackle to 50 for 10 yards (K.Wright, D.Deablo). PENALTY on IND-B.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 40 - No Play.
    • 2nd & 15 at IND 30
    • (8:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to M.Pittman to IND 42 for 12 yards (R.Teamer).
    • 3rd & 3 at IND 42
    • (8:02 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Wentz right end to IND 49 for 7 yards (D.Deablo).
    • 1st & 10 at IND 49
    • (7:16 - 4th) C.Wentz pass incomplete short left to M.Alie-Cox.
    • 2nd & 10 at IND 49
    • (7:07 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz scrambles left guard to 50 for 1 yard (D.Philon).
    • 3rd & 9 at 50
    • (6:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass incomplete short right to Z.Pascal (N.Hobbs). PENALTY on LV-N.Hobbs, Defensive Pass Interference, 11 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.
    • 1st & 10 at LV 39
    • (6:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor left tackle to LV 35 for 4 yards (D.Philon).
    • 2nd & 6 at LV 35
    • (5:33 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 32 for 3 yards (D.Philon).
    • 3rd & 3 at LV 32
    • (4:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short middle to J.Taylor to LV 26 for 6 yards (D.Deablo) [Y.Ngakoue].
    • 1st & 10 at LV 26
    • (4:03 - 4th) J.Taylor right guard to LV 25 for 1 yard (N.Hobbs).
    • 2nd & 9 at LV 25
    • (3:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short left to N.Hines to LV 25 for no gain (S.Thomas).
    • 3rd & 9 at LV 25
    • (2:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to N.Hines to LV 22 for 3 yards (N.Hobbs).
    • (2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
    • 4th & 6 at LV 22
    • (1:56 - 4th) M.Badgley 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Nelson, Holder-R.Sanchez.
  • LVR - FG with less 2min.... (Indy D sucked)
    • (1:56 - 4th) R.Sanchez kicks 65 yards from IND 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    • 1st & 10 at LV 25
    • (1:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to F.Moreau to LV 34 for 9 yards (D.Leonard).
    • 2nd & 1 at LV 34
    • (1:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to J.Jacobs to LV 38 for 4 yards (R.Ya-Sin) [D.Buckner].
    • 1st & 10 at LV 38
    • (1:08 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Carr pass short middle to Z.Jones to IND 48 for 14 yards (R.Ya-Sin).
    • (1:03 - 4th) Timeout #1 by LV at 01:03.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 48
    • (1:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete deep right to H.Renfrow [T.Stallworth].
    • 2nd & 10 at IND 48
    • (0:58 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short right to B.Edwards.
    • 3rd & 10 at IND 48
    • (0:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep right to H.Renfrow for 48 yards, TOUCHDOWN [K.Turay]. The Replay Official reviewed the runner was not down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep right to H.Renfrow to IND 24 for 24 yards (K.Moore) [K.Turay].
    • (0:48 - 4th) Timeout #1 by IND at 00:48.
    • 1st & 10 at IND 24
    • (0:48 - 4th) J.Jacobs up the middle to IND 22 for 2 yards (Z.Franklin).
    • (0:44 - 4th) Timeout #2 by IND at 00:44.
    • 2nd & 8 at IND 22
    • (0:44 - 4th) J.Jacobs up the middle to IND 17 for 5 yards (B.Okereke, Z.Franklin).
    • (0:39 - 4th) Timeout #3 by IND at 00:39.
    • 3rd & 3 at IND 17
    • (0:39 - 4th) J.Jacobs left guard to IND 15 for 2 yards (B.Okereke, D.Buckner).
    • (0:02 - 4th) Timeout #2 by LV at 00:02.
    • 4th & 1 at IND 15
    • (0:00 - 4th) Daniel Carlson 33 Yd Field Goal

Dude are you seriously leaving out TY being wide open which would put us up by 11 in the 4th qtr (24-13). Man you are something else. Everyone in here knows the play. OMG = 14:55 left in the game and Wentz over throws TY which would have been a RAC for 70 yards and a TD. Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- this is the poorest post I have ever seen you make not to acknowledge that play. That would have been ball game. You must love Wentz lmao 

We had the ball to start the 4th Qtr, you are wrong 

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dude are you seriously leaving out TY being wide open which would put us up by 11 in the 4th qtr (24-13). Man you are something else. Everyone in here knows the play. OMG = 14:55 left in the game and Wentz over throws TY which would have been a RAC for 70 yards and a TD. Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- this is the poorest post I have ever seen you make not to acknowledge that play. That would have been ball game. You must love Wentz lmao 

We had the ball to start the 4th Qtr, you are wrong 

LOL.... 21 seconds.....

Our D sucked.

Moore... 7vs7... 158.3 rating.... 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bifp9uzuqvox8lrrkyh9

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You think we blow an 11 point lead in the 4th Qtr and Leonard even had an INT in the 4th Qtr. Quit acting like Skip Bayless Funny Face GIF

Wentz wasn't perfect... but zero INTs... 

Carr 84.8

Wentz 86.8... (Reich.... less than 20 passes until 4Q possession).... 

And 4Q... defense sucks.... 

Renfrow.... spanked ... Moore...

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wentz wasn't perfect... but zero INTs... 

Carr 84.8

Wentz 86.8... (Reich.... less than 20 passes until 4Q possession).... 

And 4Q... defense sucks.... 

Renfrow.... spanked ... Moore...

Yeah Renfrow played out of his butt but it shouldn't of came down to that. We should have won that game going away had Wentz hit TY, plus we only gave up 23 points which isn't great but not bad either. We should win most games holding teams to 23 points + we created 2 Turnovers. As an offense I expect us to score 24-27 most games and make the game winning plays, that is just me. I usually hammer the defense if we give up 27 or more, 27 is a lot. The difference between 23 and 27 doesn't seem like much but it is unfortunately because teams are so even. We gave up 26 against the Jags but gifted them 7 points when Wentz threw that INT deep in our territory. 

I think with Matt Ryan if we give up 23 points a game we will win 11 games pretty easily. I see us averaging 27 or so is why. We averaged 26.5 last year a game with Wentz.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Renfrow played out of his butt but it shouldn't of came down to that. We should have won that game going away had Wentz hit TY, plus we only gave up 23 points which isn't great but not bad either. We should win most games holding teams to 23 points + we created 2 Turnovers. As an offense I expect us to score 24-27 most games and make the game winning plays, that is just me. I usually hammer the defense if we give up 27 or more, 27 is a lot. The difference between 23 and 27 doesn't seem like much but it is unfortunately because teams are so even. We gave up 26 against the Jags but gifted them 7 points when Wentz threw that INT deep in our territory. 

I think with Matt Ryan if we give up 23 points a game we will win 11 games pretty easily. I see us averaging 27 or so is why. We averaged 26.5 last year a game with Wentz.

Maybe you should take note of your last sense bestie.

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Maybe you should take note of your last sense bestie.

I get your point but the problem with Wentz was he made crucial mistakes, we put 31 up against Tennessee but he his 2 INT's basically gave Tennessee 10 points and the game. Statistically Wentz looked good on paper without looking at the whole picture and the way he blew games against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and Raiders and Jags. I really don't want to go down this road again because I come off as a Wentz hater but even when we beat the Pats he played lousy, we won because of the D and Taylor that game even.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get your point but the problem with Wentz was he made crucial mistakes, we put 31 up against Tennessee but he his 2 INT's basically gave Tennessee 10 points and the game. Statistically Wentz looked good on paper without looking at the whole picture and the way he blew games against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and Raiders and Jags. I really don't want to go down this road again because I come off as a Wentz hater but even when we beat the Pats he played lousy, we won because of the D and Taylor that game even.

That's the whole problem with you and Irsay's line of thinking. You want to put all of the blame on Wentz for the losses and credit the rest of the team for the wins. I think that's a bad way of looking at a team sport. You can say every game comes down to a handful of plays too but that's a bunch of bunk IMO as well. Who do you blame for the Baltimore loss? That game could have had us in the playoffs too. Why does the defense and special teams get that game forgiven???

1 minute ago, Coltsfan98 said:

That's the whole problem with you and Irsay's line of thinking. You want to put all of the blame on Wentz for the losses and credit the rest of the team for the wins. I think that's a bad way of looking at a team sport. You can say every game comes down to a handful of plays too but that's a bunch of bunk IMO as well. Who do you blame for the Baltimore loss? That game could have had us in the playoffs too. Why does the defense and special teams get that game forgiven???

I don't put all the losses on Wentz, he played great at Baltimore. Our FG kicker and defense was to blame for that game. I just gave several examples of games where Wentz played bad and it is factual. There are people in here that blame Frank for everything? Is that right in your book?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't put all the losses on Wentz, he played great at Baltimore. Our FG kicker and defense was to blame for that game. I just gave several examples of games where Wentz played bad and it is factual. There are people in here that blame Frank for everything? Is that right in your book?

I don't blame anyone for everything that's the whole idea. Everyone has some blame but why is Irsay continuing to put it all on Wentz 8 months later? JFC move on already! 

8 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

I don't blame anyone for everything that's the whole idea. Everyone has some blame but why is Irsay continuing to put it all on Wentz 8 months later? JFC move on already! 

I really don't have a problem with Irsay still complaining, the season ended in a disaster way. QB and coach are always the main 2 that most look at when a team fails. Fair or not, it has been like since I have been watching football in the late 70's. Having said that, I will agree with you it is time to move on. We have Matt Ryan now and that is Irsay's choice of QB. I don't think it will happen but if Matt doesn't pan out then that will be bad look for Irsay and the Colts. I think Matt is a definite upgrade over Wentz but only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

A lot of people at the end of the season were saying they were hoping Irsay was angry.  Well turns out he was.  Fans got what they wanted and now some are turning on him for it.

Yeah I was going to post that as well. Some in here say we are soft have been soft for years and then when Irsay puts his foot up on some butts he is in the wrong lmao . 

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

A lot of people at the end of the season were saying they were hoping Irsay was angry.  Well turns out he was.  Fans got what they wanted and now some are turning on him for it.

No the problem is putting it all on an easy scapegoat. He deserves a bunch of blame too IMO. He'll really look like an * if this team misses the PO's again this season.

1 hour ago, Coltsfan98 said:

I feel the same.   Wentz deserves some blame, the defense deserves some blame, Ballard deserves some blame and Reich deserves some blame.  I blame Reich the most.  He chose Wentz.  He could not control his QB.  He had periods of bad play calling.

Still he has not given up the play calling duties. 

Archived