Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay

cdgacoltsfan

I disagree with all of this Irsay criticism. He hasn't said anything wrong or inappropriate, especially not about Wentz.

I also don't understand why people keep acting like pointing out Wentz's problems means the other team problems aren't being acknowledged. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Superman said:

I disagree with all of this Irsay criticism. He hasn't said anything wrong or inappropriate, especially not about Wentz.

I also don't understand why people keep acting like pointing out Wentz's problems means the other team problems aren't being acknowledged. 

Ya, I agree. I find an owner who shares his passion with his team to be refreshing. Being "embarrassed" by the action of the owner of the team you follow.... seems a "self" issue within the finger pointer. 

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Is his team, he can say whatever the heck he wants about the team, its players, and any former players. When you all have an NFL team you can as well lol

Pretty sure everybody here already says whatever they want.Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was more embarassed by those last 2 weeks of the season in which Wentz had key role than by 1000 Irsay interviews. And every time he needles the point about Wentz I appreciate him just a bit more. 

FWIW, Wentz still doesn't seem to be taking layups as a Commander and looks farther ahead in his progressions taking sacks and having stalled drives. Chris and Frank were right to cut their losses and move on. As far as Irsay, once the season comes along, the hope is that the bad vibes and memories of the previous one fade, and it will happen to him just as much as it happens to any of us fans. 

43 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was more embarassed by those last 2 weeks of the season in which Wentz had key role than by 1000 Irsay interviews. And every time he needles the point about Wentz I appreciate him just a bit more. 

Season ends, fans are livid, and everyone is complaining because they want the team to be held accountable. Irsay holds people accountable, and fans start complaining that he's talking too much.

I think Irsay has been reserved in his criticisms so far. I have no problem with what he's said or done since the end of the season. I think his tone was important, and needed. And I have zero concern over Wentz's feelings, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Season ends, fans are livid, and everyone is complaining because they want the team to be held accountable. Irsay holds people accountable, and fans start complaining that he's talking too much.

I think Irsay has been reserved in his criticisms so far. I have no problem with what he's said or done since the end of the season. I think his tone was important, and needed. And I have zero concern over Wentz's feelings, that's for sure.

He's done everything I wanted him to do - he refused to accept mediocrity and he made it clear that this is precisely what he's doing and why he's doing it. And if Wentz turns into the recurring expression of that sentiment, I have no problems with that. Irsay paid him 25M last year to % the bed in the most important games of the season. He's a grown up man, he can cope with his ex-boss vaguely expressing dissatisfaction with his performance when EVERYBODY expressed that dissatisfaction at the time. 

50 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's done everything I wanted him to do - he refused to accept mediocrity and he made it clear that this is precisely what he's doing and why he's doing it. And if Wentz turns into the recurring expression of that sentiment, I have no problems with that. Irsay paid him 25M last year to % the bed in the most important games of the season. He's a grown up man, he can cope with his ex-boss vaguely expressing dissatisfaction with his performance when EVERYBODY expressed that dissatisfaction at the time. 

Irsay, CB, and Reich KNOW what Wentz committed to with mind and effort.

And Wentz's overall play was showing holes not long after mid-season.

I would bet that Frank was telling Irsay and CB that Wentz was just not doing what was expected of him and therefore Taylor was given the ___ ball.

Basically Wentz sucked (uncoachable) and was fired 2 years in a row.

This is what it looks like when the man writing your BIG FAT paychecks loses respect for you.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

The problem is..   this might be the 3rd time Irsay has done this.   He got bad reviews from former players and media the first time, and yet he’s continued to do it.   

Arguing that he’s the owner and he can do what he wants misses the point.   It was tacky and unprofessional the first time, and it has only looked worse each time since.   He needs to move on.  How many more times before you say “OK, enough.”    If it’s not helping the franchise than it’s hurting it.  Irsay needs to see the Big Picture and move on. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

It’s bad business Supe.  But you, jimmy ,and I are all three entitled to our opinions.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The problem is..   this might be the 3rd time Irsay has done this.   He got bad reviews from former players and media the first time, and yet he’s continued to do it.   

Arguing that he’s the owner and he can do what he wants misses the point.   It was tacky and unprofessional the first time, and it has only looked worse each time since.   He needs to move on.  How many more times before you say “OK, enough.”    If it’s not helping the franchise than it’s hurting it.  Irsay needs to see the Big Picture and move on. 

To the contrary, I don't think it was tacky in the first place. I think it was necessary

And these recent comments are so innocuous, really. Among several other things, he said "we went through the season with some inconsistency at quarterback that led to massive problems." Inarguable fact. Why is it considered sacrilegious for him to say this?

47 minutes ago, Superman said:

To the contrary, I don't think it was tacky in the first place. I think it was necessary

And these recent comments are so innocuous, really. Among several other things, he said "we went through the season with some inconsistency at quarterback that led to massive problems." Inarguable fact. Why is it considered sacrilegious for him to say this?

We traded Wentz away after one season where we traded a 1 and 3 to get him.   We didn’t move off of any other major player.   By our action, we’ve basically said Carson Wentz was our big problem last year.   And that was before Irsay said anything.  I can live with it once.  Now it looks like we’re beating a dead horse after we threw it under the bus (to mix my metaphors).   As I asked before, how many times before enough is enough?

I think it looks small and tacky.   Wentz looks classy by saying nothing.   He could’ve responded about how bad the OL was pass blocking, especially the LT, but hasn’t.   He could’ve trashed our WR room as one of the worst in the NFL, but hasn’t.   One person looks like they’re taking the high road while the other looks like they’re taking the low road.   I think we’re on the wrong side of that dynamic.    

I typically defend Irsay during his poorer moments.   I just think he needs to get past this and move on.  We’re better off today, so we’ve won the issue.   But Irsay has made our game with Washington Must-See-TV.   It will get great attention that week.   Sure hope we win,  because if we don’t,  we’re going to hear about it long and loud.   

1 hour ago, Superman said:

What’s also forgotten is his answers are just that answers.  He gets asked questions and he responds.  What do people want him to do?  Lie?  Deflect?  Then people would jump on him for that.  

I also agree with you it’s not like he’s trashing Wentz when he talks about him.  What he says is pretty mild manner.  What he’s trying to do in a nice way is explain why he felt the team needed to change the franchise QB after one season.  That’s THE major story of the Colts off-season so he’s going to get asked about it.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My argument is not that he's the owner and he can do whatever he wants. My argument is that HE IS RIGHT and what he's doing is neccessary! And that for the nonsense this team pulled in the last 2 weeks last year, anyone involved in that fiasco is more than deserving of a reminder that this is unacceptable. 3 times. Or 5! Or a 100 times! 

I don't believe it's hurting the franchise. Irsay is setting a standard. And if players are so sensitive that they cannot handle the MILDEST OF MILDEST of criticism in the form of "we had inconsistency at QB last year" then they probably don't have what it takes to compete in the highest level anyways. 

Who the hell cares what the media says? Wasn't the media the same one that lulled them in the false sense of security? "The team that noone wants to meet in the playoffs". Juggernaut. 7 pro-bowlers. What did that accomplish? Irsay is RIGHT! What happened last year is UNACCEPTABLE and those mild reminders of just how unacceptable what happened was are perfectly good in my books. Those players are not some wilting flowers that cower in the corner the moment faint hint of previous failure is mentioned. And if they are, then they are not long for this league. 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

YES! Exactly! 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473j78jgodr67z0jimmj

I have no idea why people have this hard of a time processing it. This was and is NECESSARY! This is the owner setting a standard for a team that had low standards last year and it ended up biting them in the *. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

My argument is not that he's the owner and he can do whatever he wants. My argument is that HE IS RIGHT and what he's doing is neccessary! And that for the nonsense this team pulled in the last 2 weeks last year, anyone involved in that fiasco is more than deserving of a reminder that this is unacceptable. 3 times. Or 5! Or a 100 times! 

I don't believe it's hurting the franchise. Irsay is setting a standard. And if players are so sensitive that they cannot handle the MILDEST OF MILDEST of criticism in the form of "we had inconsistency at QB last year" then they probably don't have what it takes to compete in the highest level anyways. 

Who the hell cares what the media says? Wasn't the media the same one that lulled them in the false sense of security? "The team that noone wants to meet in the playoffs". Juggernaut. 7 pro-bowlers. What did that accomplish? Irsay is RIGHT! What happened last year is UNACCEPTABLE and those mild reminders of just how unacceptable what happened was are perfectly good in my books. Those players are not some wilting flowers that cower in the corner the moment faint hint of previous failure is mentioned. And if they are, then they are not long for this league. 

At the moment of the meltdown and Team failure is not the time to be the Optimistic Leader.

This was Patton on the tarmac raising bloody cain right after the game, and his GM and HC and it publicly reported to have been immediately pulled on the carpet. 

Irsay set the tone, veterans were moved on from, coaches left, the standard is set.

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Irsay is only blasting Wentz.   He hasn’t been blasting the whole team.   He’s been putting the entire blame for the epic failure on his former quarterback, and none on his current players.   That’s a bad, bad look. 

Move past it.  Start looking forward.   If you want to remind the current Colts about the egg they laid,  either do it privately, or do it without beating up Wentz who has been taking the high road and looking classy. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We traded Wentz away after one season where we traded a 1 and 3 to get him.   We didn’t move off of any other major player.   By our action, we’ve basically said Carson Wentz was our big problem last year.   And that was before Irsay said anything.  I can live with it once.  Now it looks like we’re beating a dead horse after we threw it under the bus (to mix my metaphors).   As I asked before, how many times before enough is enough?

I think it looks small and tacky.   Wentz looks classy by saying nothing.   He could’ve responded about how bad the OL was pass blocking, especially the LT, but hasn’t.   He could’ve trashed our WR room as one of the worst in the NFL, but hasn’t.   One person looks like they’re taking the high road while the other looks like they’re taking the low road.   I think we’re on the wrong side of that dynamic.    

I typically defend Irsay during his poorer moments.   I just think he needs to get past this and move on.  We’re better off today, so we’ve won the issue.   But Irsay has made our game with Washington Must-See-TV.   It will get great attention that week.   Sure hope we win,  because if we don’t,  we’re going to hear about it long and loud.   

It's an overall 'meh' for me. I think Irsay is being more honest than diplomatic, which is his default setting. To the bolded, yeah, he can't sneak in a subtle dig at Wentz every time he talks for the rest of the season. But I get the feeling this topic will be resurrected before the Commanders game, possibly even by Irsay himself. The game was always going to be a big ticket, with raised stakes for the Colts. Again, we need to rise to the occasion; it will be a good self-check halfway through the season.

Wentz is good at being the jilted dumpee. He's been getting a lot of practice lately. What will ultimately matter is how he plays, and how the Colts look without him. Neither of those questions can or will be answered in a press conference.

What I don't agree with is that it makes Irsay look small, or tacky, or is one of his poorer moments. I think that's all sensationalism, and this is ultimately a non-issue. 

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's an overall 'meh' for me. I think Irsay is being more honest than diplomatic, which is his default setting. To the bolded, yeah, he can't sneak in a subtle dig at Wentz every time he talks for the rest of the season. But I get the feeling this topic will be resurrected before the Commanders game, possibly even by Irsay himself. The game was always going to be a big ticket, with raised stakes for the Colts. Again, we need to rise to the occasion; it will be a good self-check halfway through the season.

Wentz is good at being the jilted dumpee. He's been getting a lot of practice lately. What will ultimately matter is how he plays, and how the Colts look without him. Neither of those questions can or will be answered in a press conference.

What I don't agree with is that it makes Irsay look small, or tacky, or is one of his poorer moments. I think that's all sensationalism, and this is ultimately a non-issue. 

Yeah, I know what you are saying.  I guess it's not that big a deal.  It just seems to me among other things, . . . well dumb.  And it seems like the kind of thing weak minded people do when things don't go their way. ie. blame someone else, find a scapegoat, deflect responsibility, pile on.  Especially, on someone who you know won't fight back, which it appears the way CW is. 

I think it's a bad look for the franchise.  We already were known as the team that cried to Mommy about droopy balls and this is just Jim being Jim.

But I don't see a possible positive purpose that it serves.  It can be used as fodder for motivation, and he is setting himself up to look like a total fool if Wash comes in here and wins. 

Personally, I'd rather have a real businessman as an owner than a self confessed Fanboy like Jimmy, and I don't mean that as an insult.  That's what he is.  I think a cold, calculated business guy would usually be better.  I think Jimmy gets a little emotional about stuff like Grigs, Pagano for instance to the detriment of the team. Now it's his team and he has every right to do what ever he wants.  That is not an issue for me at all. 

I would like to see his memorabilia collection though.  That's some cool stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

The reason it’s getting so much attention from so many media outlets us because it typically just isn’t done.    Execs use the standard line about how unfortunate it is that it didn’t work out fir both sides and wish him luck at his next stop.   That’s what people say. 

I don’t understand how/why you think it’s NOT small and tacky?    Who else does this?    How can this be a non-issue when Irsay won’t seem to move past it?   This is a head scratcher for me……

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

What’s also forgotten is his answers are just that answers.  He gets asked questions and he responds.  What do people want him to do?  Lie?  Deflect?  Then people would jump on him for that.  

I also agree with you it’s not like he’s trashing Wentz when he talks about him.  What he says is pretty mild manner.  What he’s trying to do in a nice way is explain why he felt the team needed to change the franchise QB after one season.  That’s THE major story of the Colts off-season so he’s going to get asked about it.

I don't disagree with any of this. In this specific instance, Irsay wasn't answering a direct question about QB, he was more giving a long-winded explanation of why he thinks the team is better equipped to succeed now. And like most fans, he thinks better, more consistent QBing is a major factor. It's a football discussion, we changed QBs, it's going to be a topic, especially during camp when everyone is looking for evidence of improvement.

He could be diplomatic and avoid saying anything that could be construed as a shot at Wentz. I think at some point everyone needs to accept that Irsay will generally be more honest than diplomatic, and in this case, the honesty wasn't even all that pointed. It was pretty tame, like you said.

I especially agree with the bolded. When team officials toe the line, we criticize them for giving sanitized, insincere responses. When Irsay gives even the tiniest indication that he was not happy with the QB situation, he gets criticized for not toeing the line. 

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't disagree with any of this. In this specific instance, Irsay wasn't answering a direct question about QB, he was more giving a long-winded explanation of why he thinks the team is better equipped to succeed now. And like most fans, he thinks better, more consistent QBing is a major factor. It's a football discussion, we changed QBs, it's going to be a topic, especially during camp when everyone is looking for evidence of improvement.

He could be diplomatic and avoid saying anything that could be construed as a shot at Wentz. I think at some point everyone needs to accept that Irsay will generally be more honest than diplomatic, and in this case, the honesty wasn't even all that pointed. It was pretty tame, like you said.

I especially agree with the bolded. When team officials toe the line, we criticize them for giving sanitized, insincere responses. When Irsay gives even the tiniest indication that he was not happy with the QB situation, he gets criticized for not toeing the line. 

To the bolded:  I used to but as I get older, I see the prudence in doing it the sanitized way.   There is usually nothing to be gained from a mouthy CEO.  Some of the guys are so great they are above the law so to speak, but it isn't usually productive for the run of the mill average CEO.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The reason it’s getting so much attention from so many media outlets us because it typically just isn’t done.    Execs use the standard line about how unfortunate it is that it didn’t work out fir both sides and wish him luck at his next stop.   That’s what people say. 

I don’t understand how/why you think it’s NOT small and tacky?    Who else does this?    How can this be a non-issue when Irsay won’t seem to move past it?   This is a head scratcher for me……

To the bolded, that's not the litmus test for whether something is small or tacky. If you say it's unconventional, of course it is.  (Although even that's arguable. Jerry Jones recently threw a former first round pick under the bus, totally unprompted. If you want to see unconventional, small and tacky all at once: Jerry Jones on Taco Charlton)

I don't think Irsay was dwelling on the past. He was talking about his expectations for the 2022 season, and explained some of the reasons he thinks the team will improve on their performance from last season. In that response, he made a minor comment -- minor, but very accurate -- about how QBing played a role last year. He was talking about the state of the football team, and made a valid comment. 

That's not small or tacky to me. He didn't drag Carson Wentz. The comments in this thread make it seem like Irsay tracked down a reporter to say 'you see how much better the offense looks? Good thing we got that other bum out of here!' 

17 minutes ago, Nickster said:

To the bolded:  I used to but as I get older, I see the prudence in doing it the sanitized way.   There is usually nothing to be gained from a mouthy CEO.  Some of the guys are so great they are above the law so to speak, but it isn't usually productive for the run of the mill average CEO.

34 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yeah, I know what you are saying.  I guess it's not that big a deal.  It just seems to me among other things, . . . well dumb.  And it seems like the kind of thing weak minded people do when things don't go their way. ie. blame someone else, find a scapegoat, deflect responsibility, pile on.  Especially, on someone who you know won't fight back, which it appears the way CW is. 

I think it's a bad look for the franchise.  We already were known as the team that cried to Mommy about droopy balls and this is just Jim being Jim.

But I don't see a possible positive purpose that it serves.  It can be used as fodder for motivation, and he is setting himself up to look like a total fool if Wash comes in here and wins. 

Personally, I'd rather have a real businessman as an owner than a self confessed Fanboy like Jimmy, and I don't mean that as an insult.  That's what he is.  I think a cold, calculated business guy would usually be better.  I think Jimmy gets a little emotional about stuff like Grigs, Pagano for instance to the detriment of the team. Now it's his team and he has every right to do what ever he wants.  That is not an issue for me at all. 

I would like to see his memorabilia collection though.  That's some cool stuff. 

Not gonna see eye to eye on this. I disagree with your characterization of Irsay's recent comments, and your characterization of Irsay in general.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If people are annoyed with Jim Irsay, I would hate to see this forum if we had Jerry Jones as an owner with his mouth.

I'm not sure ole Jerr is that popular man.  Lol. And look it's not a popularity contest, but the Boys have won three playoff games in the last 25 years.  Not many teams have done worse than that but the Lions, so I'm not sure his methods are the greatest.

He is the classic meddling owner to the point where he's the GM, lol.  Not sure Jerr's emotional managment works from a team success standpoint. 

But boy has he made the money.  So if you look at it from a bottom line standpoint, Jerr is the greates.t

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I'm not sure ole Jerr is that popular man.  Lol. And look it's not a popularity contest, but the Boys have won three playoff games in the last 25 years.  Not many teams have done worse than that but the Lions, so I'm not sure his methods are the greatest.

He is the classic meddling owner to the point where he's the GM, lol.  Not sure Jerr's emotional managment works from a team success standpoint. 

But boy has he made the money.  So if you look at it from a bottom line standpoint, Jerr is the greates.t

I think the point is that Jerry Jones actually is what people accuse Irsay of being. 

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

To the bolded, that's not the litmus test for whether something is small or tacky. If you say it's unconventional, of course it is.  (Although even that's arguable. Jerry Jones recently threw a former first round pick under the bus, totally unprompted. If you want to see unconventional, small and tacky all at once: Jerry Jones on Taco Charlton)

I don't think Irsay was dwelling on the past. He was talking about his expectations for the 2022 season, and explained some of the reasons he thinks the team will improve on their performance from last season. In that response, he made a minor comment -- minor, but very accurate -- about how QBing played a role last year. He was talking about the state of the football team, and made a valid comment. 

That's not small or tacky to me. He didn't drag Carson Wentz. The comments in this thread make it seem like Irsay tracked down a reporter to say 'you see how much better the offense looks? Good thing we got that other bum out of here!' 

OK….    Your last two paragraphs I think are your strongest arguments to date on this.  I think these are fair and reasonable. 

On the other hand, citing Jerry Jones as another owner who does this I think is one for my column.   The owner who is still sticking the needle into Jimmy Johnson nearly 30 years later, and claimed falsely that Johnson was groveling to be in the Ring of Honor,  is not good company to be in if you ask me!  

Either way, you’ve made a strong effective argument, and I really appreciate it!     :thmup:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK….    Your last two paragraphs I think are your strongest arguments to date on this.  I think these are fair and reasonable. 

On the other hand, citing Jerry Jones as another owner who does this I think is one for my column.   The owner who is still sticking the needle into Jimmy Johnson nearly 30 years later, and claimed falsely that Johnson was groveling to be in the Ring of Honor,  is not good company to be in if you ask me!  

Either way, you’ve made a strong effective argument, and I really appreciate it!     :thmup:

I think maybe my point about Jerry Jones wasn't made clearly. To clarify, I think there's a world of difference between what Jones does, and anything Irsay has said about Wentz. 

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think the point is that Jerry Jones actually is what people accuse Irsay of being. 

Not to that point, though I do think he's Jonesish.  Just ish.   Steinbrenner is another example, seems like when he shut his mouth and let the good people he hired do their jobs the Yanks were successful.  Because when I was growing up in the late 70s through the 80s and early 90s they weren't.  Don Mattingly was from down here too, so they were always in the local news. 

21 hours ago, Nickster said:

As an owner the guy is a genius, he knows how to make money, but football wise he ruined the Cowboys but will never admit. He is living off his 3 SB's in 4 seasons from 1992-1995 and they won those because of Jimmy Johnson in reality. They haven't been to an NFC Title Game since 1995. Give me Jim Irsay all day over  him, Jim hires GM's at least to run the team, Jerry thinks he can do it all. I could care less how great Jerry is as a business man, I want a GM that cares about winning and is a fan of his team best interests. 

Jerry and his ego hired Barry Switzer in 1994 (which screwed the 3-peat up) to try and show Jimmy he could win with any coach which was a complete joke. Those were Jimmy's players and at that point the Cowboys knew how to win with Troy, Emmitt, and Michael so they won in 1995. I could of took the headset and coached that team, Jerry proved zero with that move in my book.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As an owner the guy is a genius, he knows how to make money, but football wise he ruined the Cowboys but will never admit. He is living off his 3 SB's in 4 seasons from 1992-1995 and they won those because of Jimmy Johnson in reality. They haven't been to an NFC Title Game since 1995. Give me Jim Irsay all day over  him, Jim hires GM's at least to run the team, Jerry thinks he can do it all. I could care less how great Jerry is as a business man, I want a GM that cares about winning and is a fan of his team best interests. 

Jerry and his ego hired Barry Switzer in 1994 (which screwed the 3-peat up) to try and show Jimmy he could win with any coach which was a complete joke. Those were Jimmy's players and at that point the Cowboys knew how to win with Troy, Emmitt, and Michael so they won in 1995. I could of took the headset and coached that team, Jerry proved zero with that move in my book.

I give more of the credit for them being good to the Hershal Walker trade,

RB Emmitt Smith

DT Russell Maryland

CB Clayton Holmes

CB Kevin Smith

S Darren Woodson

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

RB Emmitt Smith

DT Russell Maryland

CB Clayton Holmes

CB Kevin Smith

S Darren Woodson

Jimmy Johnson was the one who wanted to trade Herschel and Jimmy was the one who made those picks. Jerry gave Jimmy that power back then. Dallas was great because of Jimmy. Jimmy also knew how to coach coming off of a National Championship with Miami. Jimmy also was the reason why Dallas took Troy Aikman #1 in the 1989 draft, Jerry wanted Barry Sanders. Jimmy was against it and said we need a franchise QB to start this process. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Though the Cowboys had a good coach in Johnson and it was his idea,  I think it's more accurate to say the Boys won all those SBs because Minnesota gave away like 19 farms for Herschel Walker, so Johnson as a de facto GM made it possible in large part for them to be so good.   That team was incredibly talented and you'd have to coach really poorly to screw that thing up. Russell Maryland, Emmitt Smith, and 3/4 of their secondary came from trading HW lol.   

It was all JJ and JJ couldn't stand that. 

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

RB Emmitt Smith

DT Russell Maryland

CB Clayton Holmes

CB Kevin Smith

S Darren Woodson

I was in the process of writing that.  That was Johnson's idea, but good Lord MN.

Archived