Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay

cdgacoltsfan

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Though the Cowboys had a good coach in Johnson and it was his idea,  I think it's more accurate to say the Boys won all those SBs because Minnesota gave away like 19 farms for Herschel Walker, so Johnson as a de facto GM made it possible in large part for them to be so good.   That team was incredibly talented and you'd have to coach really poorly to screw that thing up. Russell Maryland, Emmitt Smith, and 3/4 of their secondary came from trading HW lol.   

It was all JJ and JJ couldn't stand that. 

I agree the Herschel trade brought them an all-star team but it was Jimmy's doing, he con'd the Vikings into it. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only great move I give Jerry is (Post Jimmy era), he was able to lure Deion to Dallas, taking him away from the 49ers in 1995. That insured Dallas would win in 1995. Outside of that, Jerry has made decisions that some people in this forum could have made better. Jerry hired Chan Gailey, then Dave Campo, Bill Parcells when Parcells was out of his prime, Jason Garrett for a decade lmao and now McCarthy Season 4 Falling GIF by The Simpsons- The year GB beat them in the playoffs which was 2016 I think, Dak Prescott had no business playing in the divisional round because Romo was healthy and ready to go. Dak was a rookie and was only playing because Romo was injured but Romo was 100% healthy when the playoffs begin. Of course Mr Know it all plays Dak anyway lmao  and the Cowboys waste a 13-3 season.

Irsay seems to never let things go. Wentz has been totally quiet, but as he did with Peyton Manning with the one Championship stuff , he just keeps going on and on. 

If I were Wentz I would just say bud, you and your dad destroyed football in Baltimore and have won one Championship in 50 years. Sometimes you have to examine your own record and take some responsibility for both the good and the bad. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

I would just say bud, you and your dad destroyed football in Baltimore

Lol. Jim had absolutely zero influence on the Colts leaving bmore. Zero. 

And if it had destroyed football in that town, they would never have received another team opportunity. That would be like saying All Davis destroyed football in Oakland, L.A. Oakland again, almost Texas, and almost Carson California. We'll have to wait and see on Las Vegas. 

20 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

And if it had destroyed football in that town, they would never have received another team opportunity. That would be like saying All Davis destroyed football in Oakland, L.A. Oakland again, almost Texas, and almost Carson California. We'll have to wait and see on Las Vegas. 

Waste of time. It's ironic to see this poster talk about someone else not being able to let something go...

9 hours ago, Four2itus said:

By destroying Baltimore football I meant the losing ways for the most part, post 1972. With the exception of three good years, it was a disaster. 
Jim touts his 50 years of NFL experience. So if we are to believe him , then he bears responsibility for the losing record in Baltimore , and also Indy 84-97. You can’t have it both ways. 

My point is it’s not totally Wentz’s fault for the mediocre year, or Peyton’s fault that the Colts only got one Championship, or Luck’s fault he had to retire because they couldn’t put an offensive line in front of him.  

It’s not all Jim’s fault either , but he’s the one throwing the shots out there, not those guys. 

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Waste of time. It's ironic to see this poster talk about someone else not being able to let something go...

Interesting because I never mentioned the move at all. The bottom line is this is the third time he lit into Wentz. Fine , he was disappointed , made his initial comments , and got good trade value for Wentz, all things considered. Let the man play in peace in Washington. 

Archived