Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay tweet about QB (MERGE)

CurBeatElite

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The games Carson won with his magic.....Jimmy G does not likely win. The games where we lost because Carson didn't make the layups?....Jimmy G might very well have won. Seems like kind of a trade off to me. Let's dance with the one we came to the dance with. 

Exactly. It’s kind of a wash. What one does well there are things the other one does bad. They do different things well but both have a downside.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was listening to Kevin Bowen this morning and that man can't stand Wentz by the way he talks haha . He said he would take Jimmy G over Wentz.

I can’t listen to Kevin or Jake anymore. It’s gotten bad. Jake won’t stop talking about Wentz vaccination status and Irsay wants him gone just because of that. He fails to mention then the entire oline and Leonard should get cut too. Jake was  so angry this morning at a caller. I saw it on Twitter the clip. 

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I can’t listen to Kevin or Jake anymore. It’s gotten bad. Jake won’t stop talking about Wentz vaccination status and Irsay wants him gone just because of that. He fails to mention then the entire oline and Leonard should get cut too. Jake was  so angry this morning at a caller. I saw it on Twitter the clip. 

I can’t believe local reporters are openly going after Wentz like that.  He is most likely our quarterback this coming season.  What are they trying to gain?   I don’t understand it.  Is it possible that they really know he will be gone and have been told off the record that is the plan?

55 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can’t remember the numbers but Ballard gave Brisett a pretty rich two year contract a few years back.  That shocked me at the time.  So I wouldn’t be surprised at all on what possibly could go down.  It’s like they’re using Monopoly money.  It’s crazy.

You are correct. But Irsay is frustrated this time and Brissett was right after Luck retired. I dont see him getting rid of Wentz to sign Jimmy G. Again I could be wrong but I just dont see him doing it. I think Irsay will be more hands on this year. 

21 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Is this local sports talk, or is this a podcast?

Because talk radio is the worst everywhere you look in the country.   Almost by design, it generates heat, but not much light.   It generates noise, but not much clarity.  It’s just audio click bait.  Please stop torturing yourself!!   

If it’s a podcast, there are others to select.  

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can’t believe local reporters are openly going after Wentz like that.  He is most likely our quarterback this coming season.  What are they trying to gain?   I don’t understand it.  Is it possible that they really know he will be gone and have been told off the record that is the plan?

I commented on the post too because I was so mad. They are turning into eagles media. Let me see if I can find the segment.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because talk radio is the worst everywhere you look in the country.   Almost by design, it generates heat, but not much light.   It generates noise, but not much clarity.  It’s just audio click bait.  Please stop torturing yourself!!   

It’s the local Indy radio. Let me find the segment. Kevin had gone down hill since he got the radio gig

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Like who?

5 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

You are correct. But Irsay is frustrated this time and Brissett was right after Luck retired. I dont see him getting rid of Wentz to sign Jimmy G. Again I could be wrong but I just dont see him doing it. I think Irsay will be more hands on this year. 

Jimmy G isn’t a sign.   He’s not a free agent, so we’d have to trade for him and extend at the same time, as we did with Buckner.  

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s a wash. Jimmy does some things better then Carson. But Carson does some things better then Jimmy.

Unless there really is a trade market for Wentz. I don’t see it.

I honestly believe Wentz will be sent packing before he is traded other then that we are stuck with him.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I commented on the post too because I was so mad. They are turning into eagles media. Let me see if I can find the segment.

It’s the local Indy radio. Let me find the segment. Kevin had gone down hill since he got the radio gig

Kevin is Kevin Bowen?   That Kevin?   If so, that’s very disappointing.   Very.   He’s a very good writer.   Perhaps Radio is a bad fit for him?   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Jimmy G isn’t a sign.   He’s not a free agent, so we’d have to trade for him and extend at the same time, as we did with Buckner.  

You are correct. What I was trying to say is Irsay is not going to trade for Jimmy G and pick up his salary.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah I heard it, not good. 

I would argue that since Wentz production dropped off the weeks following his daughters birth, that the birth and assumed long nights with a newborn, probably had far greater impact on his play than the exposure to Covid had. 

While I am not anti-vax, I do support an individual’s rights to decide what to put in their bodies. Period. That includes athletes. 

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I would argue that since Wentz production dropped off the weeks following his daughters birth, that the birth and assumed long nights with a newborn, probably had far greater impact on his play than the exposure to Covid had. 

While I am not anti-vax, I do support an individual’s rights to decide what to put in their bodies. Period. That includes athletes. 

A respectful question.   Does that include members of the military?    I understand if you don’t want to respond here.   Perhaps you can send me a PM with your answer if you prefer.   

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A respectful question.   Does that include members of the military?    I understand if you don’t want to respond here.   Perhaps you can send me a PM with your answer if you prefer.   

Only comment I’ll make because it’s off topic completely. Regarding the morning talk show and other things. I think the Covid Vaccine has turned so many people against each other and turned people into stuff they aren’t. Regardless of pro vax or anti vax everyone seems so touchy anymore. You can’t hold Wentz to a different standard than Lenoard. You can argue Lenoard missing a game is almost as important as Wentz. 

54 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Only comment I’ll make because it’s off topic completely. Regarding the morning talk show and other things. I think the Covid Vaccine has turned so many people against each other and turned people into stuff they aren’t. Regardless of pro vax or anti vax everyone seems so touchy anymore. You can’t hold Wentz to a different standard than Lenoard. You can argue Lenoard missing a game is almost as important as Wentz. 

I don’t disagree.   I personally wish CW got vaxxed.   He’s the QB, the top leader of the team.  He typically sets the example.  But the players association and NFL management agreed that players had a choice and must not be punished. 

I was only asking CSMOPAR because he’s in the military and I wanted to get his perspective regarding that specific aspect.   Hope this clarifies….  

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In my personal opinion, yes, yes it should. 

that said, the military has long had some clauses in the contracts and in law that basically when you join the military, you accept a certain amount of loss of constitutional rights. I’ve never agreed with it but it’s part of the sacrifice one must weigh. This is the clause being used by the military to enact their vaccine mandates. 

the military already vaccinates against tons of illnesses, the reason I don’t think this one should mandated be YET, is simply because it is new in terms of medicine. There’s no way for anyone to actually know the 5-10 year effects. Combine this with the military’s history of problem with new medicines and mandates, plus the racial trials they did back in the 50-60s on black service members, I can get why some in the service don’t want the shot. A majority of the ones I serve with that are refusing actually are black. But to me, even though as a black man I understand the racial worries and distrust, i personally don’t feel those and I’m close to retirement, plus I signed up to protect the community and nation and accept the risks and sacrifices that go with it, so I got mine, eventually. 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

In my personal opinion, yes, yes it should. 

that said, the military has long had some clauses in the contracts and in law that basically when you join the military, you accept a certain amount of loss of constitutional rights. I’ve never agreed with it but it’s part of the sacrifice one must weigh. This is the clause being used by the military to enact their vaccine mandates. 

the military already vaccinates against tons of illnesses, the reason I don’t think this one should mandated be YET, is simply because it is new in terms of medicine. There’s no way for anyone to actually know the 5-10 year effects. Combine this with the military’s history of problem with new medicines and mandates, plus the racial trials they did back in the 50-60s on black service members, I can get why some in the service don’t want the shot. A majority of the ones I serve with that are refusing actually are black. But to me, even though as a black man I understand the racial worries and distrust, i personally don’t feel those and I’m close to retirement, plus I signed up to protect the community and nation and accept the risks and sacrifices that go with it, so I got mine, eventually. 

Appreciate you sharing your views.   And frankly, appreciate all you do for our country.  

On 2/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, richard pallo said:

They’re expressing the popular opinion, which is; Wentz reluctance to get vaccinated not only contributes to society’s struggle to contain a global pandemic, but is also directly responsible for the collapse at the end of the season.

Some of us don’t think that’s forgivable.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Actually, you can. For two reasons: Wentz is the QB and as such carries more leadership responsibilities than any other position. Also, Leonard didn’t seem to as impacted by COVID as Wentz and the starting O line.

Look, I was defending Wentz all season long to my friends despite his vaccination status, which I admittedly I didn’t like. But I thought he was being extra careful and didn’t think he’d be stupid enough to let his guard down at the most important time. You can say Omicron was too contagious to avoid but that’s why those of us who are vaccinated and boosted has no problems dealing with when it hit us.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, Aaron86 said:

I really dont think Irsay wants to pay basically another Wentz 28 mil and pay Wentz 15mill. 43 million tied up in two very very average QBs and be further from your end goal. Nope dont see that one happening. But I have been wrong before.

Agreed. 2022 season is not looking like a fun one.

9 hours ago, Los1sol said:

Actually, you can. For two reasons: Wentz is the QB and as such carries more leadership responsibilities than any other position. Also, Leonard didn’t seem to as impacted by COVID as Wentz and the starting O line.

Look, I was defending Wentz all season long to my friends despite his vaccination status, which I admittedly I didn’t like. But I thought he was being extra careful and didn’t think he’d be stupid enough to let his guard down at the most important time. You can say Omicron was too contagious to avoid but that’s why those of us who are vaccinated and boosted has no problems dealing with when it hit us.

Leonard and some of the oline missed a game completely and didn't play well in the last 2 games either so why all the blame on Wentz? Did Wentz get stuffed at the goal line? Did Wentz miss tackles and give up TD drives against one of the worst teams in the league the last game? JFC there's plenty of blame to go around for the epic collapse to the season!

16 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

Leonard and some of the oline missed a game completely and didn't play well in the last 2 games either so why all the blame on Wentz? Did Wentz get stuffed at the goal line? Did Wentz miss tackles and give up TD drives against one of the worst teams in the league the last game? JFC there's plenty of blame to go around for the epic collapse to the season!

I don’t get it either. That is why I was so mad at Jake Querry  on the radio. He was not mentioning any of the other guys. Was so angry at Wentz it showed a very bad personal thing against him that I don’t know where it came from.

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t get it either. That is why I was so mad at Jake Querry  on the radio. He was not mentioning any of the other guys. Was so angry at Wentz it showed a very bad personal thing against him that I don’t know where it came from.

It was even worse when Gregg Doyle was on. That guy is unbearable and that segment really turned me off to the show. 

41 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I've never been fond of Jake Querry. Sorry to hear he's teamed up with Kevin Bowen. 

11 hours ago, Los1sol said:

The very reason vaccine came into existence in human history is to be safe than sorry when it comes to taking preventive measures against dangerous and contagious diseases. I can't fathom people being against it. I can understand if someone's existing medical conditions could be impacted by a new vaccine and if there are valid medical concerns for an individual recommended by a medical professional. But for a group of society to be against as "personal preferences" is just humanity going backwards. And to associate that with religion or any cult belief is just bad. I can't believe how many educated people are not for it, I don't know if they wouldn't go to hospital in case of childbirth or emergency and I don't know how exactly they justify not taking a vaccine for a personal belief. 

Sorry if it's a topic that shouldn't be discussed here, and mods can please delete this message if that's the case. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If the plan is to draft a QB why trade. Just keep the guy that has been here and knows the playbook.

I think getting Matt Ryan would help have the team continue to compete while waiting for the right opportunity to draft the right QB, as opposed to staying around middle of the league and not getting either better or worse. 

I think Ryan hasn't had a good defense in many a recent year now, and colts defense could benefit him. 

Not sure if Atlanta has any willingness to offer him though. 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think getting Matt Ryan would help have the team continue to compete while waiting for the right opportunity to draft the right QB, as opposed to staying around middle of the league and not getting either better or worse. 

I think Ryan hasn't had a good defense in many a recent year now, and colts defense could benefit him. 

Not sure if Atlanta has any willingness to offer him though. 

Wentz had them competing too. If not for TC stuff we would of been in the playoffs. We best multiple playoff teams. We were one game from playoffs. If there wasn’t a 17th game colts clinched playoffs after cardinals win. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wentz had them competing too. If not for TC stuff we would of been in the playoffs. We best multiple playoff teams. We were one game from playoffs. If there wasn’t a 17th game colts clinched playoffs after cardinals win. 

Can't look at it that way. 

Can't eliminate a divisional game (loss to Jax)

You'd have to remove Balt, TB, or LVR.

Those are all losses, and that's a good thing, but you'd have to do that for the other teams competing for a spot too. 

Archived