Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay tweet about QB (MERGE)

CurBeatElite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So you think he’s bought land in Tennessee so he can play in Indiana?!?  

Come on, that’s more than a little far fetched.   

Millionaires own homes and property in lots of places.    He isn't coming here,  but him buying property in Nashville isn't a the reason.    

35 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think you will see Carson Wentz under center this year... I think the sooner we put our arms around that, the better we all will be

Better how? haha

JMO. But it's difficult to see ways where the Colts (or us fans) will be better in a scenario where Wentz is under center this upcoming season. And I'd imagine a pragmatic guy like Ballard sees that.

Lots of offseason left though...so we will know a lot more in the coming weeks.

9 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Better how? haha

JMO. But it's difficult to see ways where the Colts (or us fans) will be better in a scenario where Wentz is under center this upcoming season. And I'd imagine a pragmatic guy like Ballard sees that.

The endless speculation about how we could get that QB or another QB..... is the dialog that I am referring to 

There have been 155 threads (I may have missed 20-30) on Rodgers and Wilson coming to Indy

The reasons why not have been hashed and rehashed,

Could it happen...... SURE.....  but my retirement is not driven in a hope on a longshot, like hitting the lottery

I think our options are truly MUCH better AFTER this year to get a rookie QB that we can count on for the next 10-12 years

There are some really, REALLY good prospects coming out

This is a great watch on next years QBs

Its a message board, so you expect and actually LIKE varied opinions.......  

If there is truly something new.... shout it out, but there doesnt seem to be even a close way forward to get Rodgers or Wilson

Sort of like the lottery

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I could see either coming here myself but it would require a big move.

The rogers to Tennessee news is over blown, building a house doesnt mean he is signing there.  The titans said they are not pursuing him too, they are more committed to RT than we are to CW

Jim is getting impatient, something could happen 

No, it doesn’t mean Rodgers is going to play for the Titans.   AR might decide to stay in Green Bay.   Or ask to be traded to Denver.   But I don’t see him building an off-season home in Tennessee and then agreeing to be traded to Indy to play out the rest of his career.    That, I don’t see happening.  

Jim can be impatient as much as he wants.   But both Rodgers and Wilson have leverage with their current team AND with the team they agree to be traded to and restructure their contract for.    Indy is not happening. 

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Better how? haha

Id respectfully beg to differ.   Wentz May never be as good as we want/need him to be, but there are actually all sorts of reasons to think he’ll be better this coming season.  

1.   Wentz will have a training camp.  Last years was lost to a broken foot. 

2.   Wentz should actually have a much better pass blocking O-line in 2022.   The line should look much more like our 2020 or 2019 O-line.    Much better.   That should help Wentz. 

3.  Wentz gets an off-season to study all that he did wrong and all that he can do better. 

4.  Wentz won’t have to play the first month-plus with TWO sprained ankles, one of which was a high ankle sprain.   

5.  Wentz will have better weapons.  New weapons either by draft or FA or both.  And more experienced/healthy weapons coming back.  Campbell, Dublin, Patmon, Strachan, Granson should ALL be better.  This should help Wentz too. 

It’s not hard to see Wentz winning 10-11 games next year, as we should have done this year,  and getting us back in the playoffs.  I think THAT is what Chris Ballard would tell you and all of us here. 

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

Gotta disagree with you here NCF. It’s likely Rogers bought the land in Tennessee for his permanent low tax residence. But he can play anywhere. Rivers came here from San Diego as he moved his family to the Bama/Florida coast for their permanent, low tax home. 
Now, do I agree with you that Rogers won’t be coming here? Absolutely. He’ll stay in Green Bay to try for one last title. 

Indiana looked pretty good to Phillip Rivers because we were the only team interested.   We also offered Frank Reich  who believed in him.  We also offered $25 million.  

It was either that, or retirement.   Indiana looked great!!

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Id respectfully beg to differ.   Wentz May never be as good as we want/need him to be, but there are actually all sorts of reasons to think he’ll be better this coming season.  

1.   Wentz will have a training camp.  Last years was lost to a broken foot. 

2.   Wentz should actually have a much better pass blocking O-line in 2022.   The line should look much more like our 2020 or 2019 O-line.    Much better.   That should help Wentz. 

3.  Wentz gets an off-season to study all that he did wrong and all that he can do better. 

4.  Wentz won’t have to play the first month-plus with TWO sprained ankles, one of which was a high ankle sprain.   

5.  Wentz will have better weapons.  New weapons either by draft or FA or both.  And more experienced/healthy weapons coming back.  Campbell, Dublin, Patmon, Strachan, Granson should ALL be better.  This should help Wentz too. 

It’s not hard to see Wentz winning 10-11 games next year, as we should have done this year,  and getting us back in the playoffs.  I think THAT is what Chris Ballard would tell you and all of us here. 

On top of that there will be (IMO) a lot of help added to the D so he won't have to play as much hero ball to make a comeback 

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

The endless speculation about how we could get that QB or another QB..... is the dialog that I am referring to 

There have been 155 threads (I may have missed 20-30) on Rodgers and Wilson coming to Indy

The reasons why not have been hashed and rehashed,

Could it happen...... SURE.....  but my retirement is not driven in a hope on a longshot, like hitting the lottery

I think our options are truly MUCH better AFTER this year to get a rookie QB that we can count on for the next 10-12 years

There are some really, REALLY good prospects coming out

This is a great watch on next years QBs

Its a message board, so you expect and actually LIKE varied opinions.......  

If there is truly something new.... shout it out, but there doesnt seem to be even a close way forward to get Rodgers or Wilson

Sort of like the lottery

Sure. I get that. But IMO the constant QB speculation is at least worthwhile discussion in the doldrums of Feb when you are the fan of a long-eliminated team.

Plus it gives us hope. I was mostly being snarky about the whole situation because I believe that ripping off the band-aid is the way to go. And not doing so has only downside. But admittedly, I am biased (but that doesn't mean I am wrong). 

5 hours ago, fatboy said:

I love the ”Rodgers wouldn’t want to live in Indy…” thought.  Aside from several retired Colts making Indy home, Indy is Milan, Paris, and Rome combined next to Green Bay.

Maybe, but Rodgers didn't CHOOSE Green Bay. He was drafted there. Just because Indy is better than Green Bay by comparison doesn't mean it's better by comparison to other NFL cities he might have to choose from.

23 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I seriously doubt that.

Why?

He had a very good season for the Colts in 20.    And when we didn’t show much interest in bringing him back, what did he do?   Retired.    You’d think after the year he had for the Colts there would have been serious offers?   Apparently not.   No reason to think there were other offers in 20 when he was coming off his career worst season in 2019. 

49 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

or he could come here, Denver isnt special.  the house in Tennessee means nothing, the titans said they are not interested too.

Denver is in a tough division and they finished last 

Maybe you don’t follow much media, but the team most linked to trading for either Rodgers or Wilson is Denver.   You may not think much of them, but they are viewed as having a top roster — without having a quarterback.   Just the way Tampa was viewed favorably by Brady two years ago.   Just one missing piece away.   

The rest of your arguments sound like fan arguments.   Play up the home team, play down the opponents.    I try to be as objective as I can while acknowledging I’m a Colts fan and want them to win.  Being a realist is helpful to me.   Your mileage may vary. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe you don’t follow much media, but the team most linked to trading for either Rodgers or Wilson us Denver.   You may not think much of them, but they are viewed as having a top roster — without having a quarterback.   Just the way Tampa was viewed favorably by Brady two years ago.   Just one missing piece away.   

The rest of your arguments sound like fan arguments.   Play up the home team, play down the opponents.    I try to be as objective as I can while acknowledging I’m a Colts fan and want them to win.  Being a realist is helpful to me.   Your mileage may vary. 

Russell Wilson is a huge possible. I have seen it on several websites. Will he come here? Probably not but that is up to Irsay and Ballard and if Wilson really wants to leave Seattle. 

This whole want to live here argument is silly.  Free agency has proven 99 times out of 100 guys go to who pays them the most because it’s a job to these guys.  These guys have all kinds of money they can live where ever they want they only have to be in Indy during football season.  Lots of players have an apartment or something where they play and live somewhere else.  

With that said I highly doubt the Colts are getting Wilson or Rodgers but saying it’s because they don’t want to live here, especially when you are talking about a guy who has lived most of his adult life in Green Bay and been fine with it, is a silly reason.  

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Russell Wilson is a huge possible. I have seen it on several websites. Will he come here? Probably not but that is up to Irsay and Ballard and if Wilson really wants to leave Seattle. 

Wilson has a no trade clause and hasn’t listed the Colts as one of the teams he wants to go to.  Also, the Colts will be far from the only team that wants Wilson and those teams will have a first round pick in this draft.  That’s going to be near impossible to over come when putting a deal together.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Anyone that thinks we're getting Wilson or Rodgers are not living in reality. I would love for you to come up with a trade package that is logical and realistic enough to persuade the Seahawks or Packers along with outbidding 10+ other QB needy teams.

You got a lot of likes for that post and you are probably right but with Wentz what % would you give us winning the SB? Fair question. Then what % would you give us with Wilson winning the SB. Then what % would you give us winning a SB with Rodgers?

Wentz = I would say 10%

Wilson = 40% - because only 1 team can win it all

Rodgers = 50%

47 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

watson or trevor go all out to get one of them

The Texans aren’t going to trade Watson within the division.

The Jags aren’t going to give up on Lawerence, the guy viewed as the best prospect since Luck or Manning, after one season.  Even if they did, which again they won’t, they sure as heck aren’t trading him within the division.  The Jags have made it clear they are going to build around Lawerence so you are living a pipe dream thinking the Jags would even consider a trade for him.  

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wilson has a no trade clause and hasn’t listed the Colts as one of the teams he wants to go to.  Also, the Colts will be far from the only team that wants Wilson and those teams will have a first round pick in this draft.  That’s going to be near impossible to over come when putting a deal together.

Maybe, we could give up our 2023 and 2024 1st round picks and package Wentz and Hines in a deal and it would even work salary cap wise. Seattle would be getting 2 1st rounders for a QB that doesn't want to be there in a rebuild at 33. We can win now.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe, we could give up our 2023 and 2024 1st round picks and package Wentz and Hines in a deal and it would even work salary cap wise. Seattle would be getting 2 1st rounders for a QB that doesn't want to be there in a rebuild at 33. We can win now.

Settle isn’t going to want the Colts crap QB and Hines and future picks they are going to want picks now AND future picks.  Wilson also still has a no trade clause and his leaked list of teams he’d accept a trade too still doesn’t include the Colts.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Texans aren’t going to trade Watson within the division.

The Jags aren’t going to give up on Lawerence, the guy viewed as the best prospect since Luck or Manning, after one season.  Even if they did, which again they won’t, they sure as heck aren’t trading him within the division.  The Jags have made it clear they are going to build around Lawerence so you are living a pipe dream thinking the Jags would even consider a trade for him.  

some dreams come true

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sure you can call and offer.  Everyone is just telling you Settle and Green Bay is going to tell you no.

Wilson has a no trade clause but that still doesn't mean we couldn't trade for him. That gives Seattle power of course but if we offer them 2 #1's + Wentz and Hines and Wilson wants out, who knows? They won't want a QB that doesn't want to be there. Wentz is actually above average so he doesn't suck. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wilson has a no trade clause but that still doesn't mean we couldn't trade for him. That gives Seattle power of course but if we offer them 2 #1's + Wentz and Hines and Wilson wants out, who knows? They won't want a QB that doesn't want to be there. Wentz is actually above average so he doesn't suck. 

There will be teams with a first round pick this year that want him that we don’t have. Wilson is either going to stay in Seattle or go to a bigger city.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There will be teams with a first round pick this year that want him that we don’t have. Wilson is either going to stay in Seattle or go to a bigger city.

We will see, but I think Seattle would take a 1st in 2023 and 2024 + Wentz and Hines. I would probably even do that if I am the Seattle GM lmao if I have a QB that doesn't want to be there and in a rebuild.. We are built to win now IMO.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Sure. I get that. But IMO the constant QB speculation is at least worthwhile discussion in the doldrums of Feb when you are the fan of a long-eliminated team.

Plus it gives us hope. I was mostly being snarky about the whole situation because I believe that ripping off the band-aid is the way to go. And not doing so has only downside. But admittedly, I am biased (but that doesn't mean I am wrong). 

The problem becomes..... who do you rip off the band-aide for?

If I had a REMOTE belief that Wilson wanted to come to Indy, I would be excited (I just dont see it or hear anything about it)

IF he had interest..... what would we offer?  Having a 2nd round pick in a draft with average QB talent isnt going to excite anyone

In regards to Rodgers...... I have questions about how long the guy is a viable NFL player?  in almost all cases, history has shown that 38 years old means 1-2 years of play left......  thats a short window

Now.... if the Bears said that they were DONE with Justin Fields (They arent).... THEN , I am packaging my next 2 first round picks (and my puny 2nd round to get him) and maybe our center......

But... thats fantasy land.....

Lets get Wentz some actual talent at WR and LT.... AND get a DE that can actually rush the passer..... THIS team is in the playoffs

NEXT year..... when their may be 3-4 franchise level QBs available..... THEN you move heaven and earth to get the QB of the future

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see, but I think Seattle would take a 1st in 2023 and 2024 + Wentz and Hines. I would probably even do that if I am the Seattle GM lmao if I have a QB that doesn't want to be there and in a rebuild.. We are built to win now IMO.

I think you all would do yourself a favor if you didn’t keep fantasy about Wilson and Rodgers. Rodgers I don’t think would mind coming to Indy. He has played in GB his entire career but we don’t have draft picks and why would he want to come here will all the bad weapons we have. Plus denver has the 9th pick to give up and his former OC.

Instead of being so fixated on wanting Wentz gone maybe put more energy into how we can help him with more skill players. Mahomes wouldn’t be Mahomes without all the elite guys he has. All the elite QB have weapons way better then the colts.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It does if he says no I don’t want to be traded there.  That’s the whole point of a no trade clause.  If he’s saying I will only accept a trade to these teams and you aren’t on it you aren’t getting him.

Archived