Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I tell u who going to win this year Superbowl in this order: One of these teams will be Superbowl 47 champs bank on it!!

1.Houston

2.Denver

3.Greenbay

4. Indianapolis

5. ChicagoAnd im sticking to these prediction. I also tell u who will not win the Superbowl 47 in New Orleans in this order:

NOT THIS YEAR! TEAMS

1.Eagles reason: Michael Vick is not a good enough field general lose to a playoff defense.

2.Patroits reason: Tom Brady is good, but its a weakness in his game he does not always recognize pass russ blizes like P.Manning does that's why he lost to New York not going to happen trust me plus there dfense is not top tier.

3.Baltimore: There defense is good against the run, but against the pass they suck they may rank. 1 or 2 stats why's, but against the better offenses in the league they get toasted all day.

4. 49ERS reason: Alex Smith?? Need i say more really do u think they can win it all with him at the helm please.As far as defense they good, but let's see how they do against the Packers in week 1 before we call them contenders. And against a heathy Bears team.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sticking with my Denver vs Chicago prediction assuming both teams make it through the season injury free, and the new pieces on both sides click relatively quickly.

Chicago was able to hang with every NFC team as it was...now they have legitimate weapons on Offense to go with Cutler and Forte, by the additions of Marshall (who Cutler already has chemistry with) and also Alshon...that gives them two good WR targets and they also added Michael Bush, so they have a great RB combo, also.

Denver...well, i think they have a good young D and a good young Offense...throw a very determined Peyton Manning on the team, with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself to the doubters, and i just have a feeling that he will win his 2nd Super Bowl trophy within the next 2 seasons.

I'm a Colts fan, and i'm happy to have Luck...but i'm also a Peyton Manning fan, and will miss seeing him on OUR team...so while i expect us (the Colts) to struggle for a year or two, i will be pulling for Peyton to win another Super Bowl or two in the mean time, while we're getting better and able to compete.

That would be nice to go out on top. Brady said his fav SB ring is the next one. I personally believe Brady has all the SB rings he's going to get. I believe Rodgers will get at least 1 more SB ring possibly 2. 1 more for sure

VL I am sure Charger fans thought the same thing about Rivers. In the NFL nothing is certain, and GB going have a tough in their own division, with Chicago and Detroit. Heck it is very possible GB will not even make the playoffs. While NE has umm maybe Buffalo to worry about but def no other team in the division with a great QB.

But i can see your a rabid pack fan lol, which is good they are a cool franchise. I actually see the Packers v 49ers, and the 49ers D proves the difference and they win 21-10 Then in the SB its probably going be either NE/Texans v 49ers.

Denver...well, i think they have a good young D and a good young Offense...throw a very determined Peyton Manning on the team, with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself to the doubters, and i just have a feeling that he will win his 2nd Super Bowl trophy within the next 2 seasons.

You did see Brady torch them TWICE last year right? and they looked tough against BAD Teams on D but were smoked by many good O in the league. (Minus Pitt in the playoffs lol)

You did see Brady torch them TWICE last year right? and they looked tough against BAD Teams on D but were smoked by many good O in the league. (Minus Pitt in the playoffs lol)

Their weakness was in the secondary, and they addressed that by picking up Tracy Porter and Drayton Florence along with Jim Leonard...they also drafted Omar Bolden CB who was a top round talent who fell because he missed last season with injury and they still have Champ Bailey.....they should also have a better defensive front, with the addition of Derek Wolfe and a healthy Ty Warren, and remember that this is only Von Miller's second season, so as good as he was last year he will improve this year.

On offense, they added Peyton Manning...so now the D wont be playing from behind the whole game, which will also help them a lot.

SO yes i did see Brady torch them twice last year...but that was last year. The D look good against everyone but New England last year, and that was playing from behind due to a lack of scoring on offense...everyone knows that a good Offense makes a Defense look that much better.

For the life of me I dont see why people keep saying that Denvers D was good last year, They ranked 24th in points allowed a game, Allowing 24.4 points per game 19th in first downs allowed a gamed, 17th in defensive penalties, 16th worst in in yards allowed a play, 23rd in the league in completion percentage allowed. Folks if Tebow come in last year and they keep Orton in then Broncos dont sniff the playoffs and Tennessee is the one thats in, they played better anyway

For the life of me I dont see why people keep saying that Denvers D was good last year, They ranked 24th in points allowed a game, Allowing 24.4 points per game 19th in first downs allowed a gamed, 17th in defensive penalties, 16th worst in in yards allowed a play, 23rd in the league in completion percentage allowed. Folks if Tebow come in last year and they keep Orton in then Broncos dont sniff the playoffs and Tennessee is the one thats in, they played better anyway

They played alot better down the stretch but I agree ultimately they were still a subpar unit. I know the Pats O is really really good but they put that on display twice towards the end of the season but cakewalking to 40+ points.

I hope they did do enough to fix that side of the ball. I really am rooting for Peyton to get another ring.

I have been watching football for a long time and seen some great teams like the (90's Cowboys,90's 49ers,98 Broncos.) If u going to judge a team by stats for example: last year Broncos judge them by the opponents the play not by stats. Because stats only tell some of the story. Yeah they rank 24th , but ask me this Baltimore and Pittburg rank what #1 & 2 in defense. But how many explosive offenses did they play really none except New England and they are overrated compared to the Packers and Saints for sure. Trust me.

Baltimore did play Houston, but a unhealthy Texans team i do not believe Baltimore could handle a healthy Texans team they too explosive on offense and defense. The Texans is more explosive on offense than New England and a better overall team in my opinion.Understand my fellow football fans stats is not everything If the Chicago Bears had the Brown and Bengals well the whole AFC North as a division then they will rank 1st in defense because all those teams have no offense that can exploit there weaknesses. But look at Chicago schedule last year 1st 3gms Falcons,Saints,Packers need i say more. When was the last time u saw Pittsburg or Baltimore play all three teams in there 1st 3gms probally never. Plus Chicago played Eagles,Panthers,Cowboys, and Lions(twice) yet in 10 gms they were 7-3 before injurys. Let's see what happens with the Ravens and Steelers with this schedule no playoffs i bet.

If u want to test a up and coming team(49ers) put them against a NFC North team like Greenbay and Chicago. U know why? Because u know if those teams are healthy they going to be hard to beat and always play 60mins. of football on Sundays trust me. If Luck can beat Chicago in Soldier Field and the offense looks good then i know for a fact the Colts can score on anybody! I'm proud as a fan to have Houston Texans as a division opponent because they only going to make the Colts better. Just like the Manning Colts made them better as a team that's why they so good.

I have been watching football for a long time and seen some great teams like the (90's Cowboys,90's 49ers,98 Broncos.) If u going to judge a team by stats for example: last year Broncos judge them by the opponents the play not by stats. Because stats only tell some of the story. Yeah they rank 24th , but ask me this Baltimore and Pittburg rank what #1 & 2 in defense. But how many explosive offenses did they play really none except New England and they are overrated compared to the Packers and Saints for sure. Trust me.

LMGDAO I love how people put jabs into a team in a post like this. The Pats O was overrated never mind SIMPLE facts that they were held to only 17 points ONCE and 20 points twice in the regular season... Ya facts just get in the way.. Funny how the only O's you can think are better than NE are in the NFC... hmm ya overrated.. lmao

That said the Broncos D was lit up by every good O they faced and tebow WON one of those games in a shoot out.

LMGDAO I love how people put jabs into a team in a post like this. The Pats O was overrated never mind SIMPLE facts that they were held to only 17 points ONCE and 20 points twice in the regular season... Ya facts just get in the way.. Funny how the only O's you can think are better than NE are in the NFC... hmm ya overrated.. lmao

That said the Broncos D was lit up by every good O they faced and tebow WON one of those games in a shoot out.

Yeah i said it New England offense is overrated!They offense is knowhere near as good as Drew Brees Saints or Packers offense! They will mop the floor with New England trust me!And the Broncos defense is good. Everybody knows that the QB plays a important role on gms. With that being said Tebow did not produce enough to keep that defense off the field which means eventually the get worn out. I can not wait until Denver plays N.E. watch the Broncos going to blow them out! As long as the main players are still healthy.

Yeah i said it New England offense is overrated!They offense is knowhere near as good as Drew Brees Saints or Packers offense! They will mop the floor with New England trust me!And the Broncos defense is good. Everybody knows that the QB plays a important role on gms. With that being said Tebow did not produce enough to keep that defense off the field which means eventually the get worn out. I can not wait until Denver plays N.E. watch the Broncos going to blow them out! As long as the main players are still healthy.

ROFL You simply do not know football. It is obvious by your constant "the Broncos D is good" in week SIXTEEN the gave up 40 points to the scary BUFFALO BILLS Offense. An offense whose O was relying on a QB who had broken ribs!!! The week before they gave up 41 to NE, and TWO Weeks before that gave up 32 to MINNESOTA!! so stop with they were a good defense, I know all Tebow fault I mean the fact they stunk collectively BEFORE he started and were 1-4 means nothing.

And you know what I had no ill will for denver before your foolish coments, I kind of hope they get crushed WORSE than they did in the playoffs last year now by the Pats. Oh and the D was so AWESOME then Brady broke the RECORD for most TD passes in a half, but thats Tebow fault for them not stoppping NE ONCE!

2.Patroits reason: Tom Brady is good, but its a weakness in his game he does not always recognize pass russ blizes like P.Manning does that's why he lost to New York not going to happen trust me plus there dfense is not top tier.

LOL... what?

But how many explosive offenses did they play really none except New England and they are overrated compared to the Packers and Saints for sure. Trust me.

Hmm, seeing a trend here.

The Texans is more explosive on offense than New England and a better overall team in my opinion.

Yup.

Let go of the hate. Those painful losses to the Patriots were years ago, and have long since been avenged by 2006. Manning is a great QB and there's nothing wrong with being the second most accomplished QB of his era. (Zing!)

:shake:

;)

LOL... what?

Hmm, seeing a trend here.

Yup.

Let go of the hate. Those painful losses to the Patriots were years ago, and have long since been avenged by 2006. Manning is a great QB and there's nothing wrong with being the second most accomplished QB of his era. (Zing!)

:shake:

;)

I see what you did there

Texans or Patriots represent the AFC, IMO. The darkhorses are the Steelers. They have drafted real well and despite Mike Wallace holding out, they will still be good, IMO. Ravens have not been able to hold them off consistently in the division either. Besides, the Steelers have made the SB every single year after a Pats' SB appearance since Big Ben was drafted (2005, 2008).

Packers or Eagles/Falcons represent the NFC.

Pats pass rush is going to be improved this year and I do expect Brady's numbers to go down a tad bit but their D being improved this year will help offset that and enable them to be contending at the top of the AFC again.

"Tom Brady is good, but its a weakness in his game he does not always recognize pass russ blizes like P.Manning does that's why he lost to New York not going to happen trust me plus there defense is not top tier."

--Luckycharm

"LOL... what?" --GoPats

I'm with GoPats on this one. Tom Brady is an exceptional QB. To suggest that he isn't on the same level as Peyton in blitz pickup is not being honest or fair to Brady at all. Rex Ryan loves to run overload blitzes, even seasoned future HOF field generals can't always ascertain who the true blitzer is on every down. I know real talent when I see it and Brady is a master at dissecting LB, DB, CB, and safety pressure IMO.

Just to be different, and if I'm right then I can take the credit - :lions: v :bills: with the Lions winning their first Super Bowl and Buffalo losing a record 5th Super Bowl

Be a FUN SB no matter who won because who can honestly say they hate either squad? lol

Just like the Manning Colts made them better as a team that's why they so good.

So not only did the Texans win the division because of Peyton's absence, but the only reason they are now good is because of him as well. Jeez, maybe we should put a statue of him in front of Reliant too?

So not only did the Texans win the division because of Peyton's absence, but the only reason they are now good is because of him as well. Jeez, maybe we should put a statue of him in front of Reliant too?

Vance, I think we probably should ignore LuckyCharm as his opinions seem far fetched and not based on any true measure of football. ANYONE watched the Texans KNEW last year if you had Shaub you been the AFC champions, heck even without him you almost defeated the Ravens w a 3rd string QB!!! (I picked Pats/Texans v 49ers for this yrs SB..)

Texans or Patriots represent the AFC, IMO. The darkhorses are the Steelers. They have drafted real well and despite Mike Wallace holding out, they will still be good, IMO. Ravens have not been able to hold them off consistently in the division either. Besides, the Steelers have made the SB every single year after a Pats' SB appearance since Big Ben was drafted (2005, 2008).

Supposedly Wallace is intending to show up before Week 1.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8267770/mike-wallace-pittsburgh-steelers-back-week-1-sources-say

Which means I will be keeping him in FF after all!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I tell u who going to win this year Superbowl in this order: One of these teams will be Superbowl 47 champs bank on it!!

1.Houston

2.Denver

3.Greenbay

4. Indianapolis

5. ChicagoAnd im sticking to these prediction. I also tell u who will not win the Superbowl 47 in New Orleans in this order:

NOT THIS YEAR! TEAMS

1.Eagles reason: Michael Vick is not a good enough field general lose to a playoff defense.

3.Baltimore: There defense is good against the run, but against the pass they suck they may rank. 1 or 2 stats why's, but against the better offenses in the league they get toasted all day.

4. 49ERS reason: Alex Smith?? Need i say more really do u think they can win it all with him at the helm please.As far as defense they good, but let's see how they do against the Packers in week 1 before we call them contenders. And against a heathy Bears team.

I love how 3 of the 4 conference finalists are on your 'NO WAY NO HOW' list...the defending champion isnt even listed as a maybe, and the 2-14 Colts are one of your top 5.

I love how 3 of the 4 conference finalists are on your 'NO WAY NO HOW' list...the defending champion isnt even listed as a maybe, and the 2-14 Colts are one of your top 5.

His reasons stunk as well. I mean if he said:

Pats -- Unproven defense and a rather shakey looking O line (I would agree.)

Baltimore -- The D getting older and losing Suggs could be a killer, and does their QB scare anyone....

49ers -- Great D but a wildcard in moss and still a shakey WR core at best and it could be said they won in spite of their QB last yr.

Eagles -- they imploded last yr what makes this yr any different?

I'm not sure where to start.

IF you believe the media than great. I'd bet the Texans win the division, if I was going to bet, but I don't see the Texans as a contender. We'll see.

Patriots vs. Texans, AFCCG. Well, if the Patriots actually fix up that defense. Otherwise, replace them with Baltimore. That's just my opinion though.

Patriots vs. Texans, AFCCG. Well, if the Patriots actually fix up that defense. Otherwise, replace them with Baltimore. That's just my opinion though.

New England

Denver

Houston

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

San Diego

That's the most likely playoff lineup out of the AFC. There's at least 2 very difficult games.

I use the word "contender" in the sense that I'd expect them to win.

Packers

Giants

Saints

Patriots

Stilers

Those teams are "contenders". Other team's are playoffs teams, or good teams. The Colts were contenders!

New England

Denver

Houston

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

San Diego

That's the most likely playoff lineup out of the AFC. There's at least 2 very difficult games.

I use the word "contender" in the sense that I'd expect them to win.

Packers

Giants

Saints

Patriots

Stilers

Those teams are "contenders". Other team's are playoffs teams, or good teams. The Colts were contenders!

I'd take Houston over the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers any day of the week. My contenders would be: Baltimore, Houston, Patriots, Bears, 49ers. Other than that, everyone else might have a chance to get to the big game. The Giants sure as heck aren't doing it again lol.