Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots and the Packers are the best teams in the league to me, but the NFC always seems to surprise us so I'll say Super Bowl 47 will be Patriots vs. Bears, with defense winning championships yet again. Cue the Jay Cutler is an elite QB talk...

Actually 11/7/05 Colts 40 Pats 21 . A blowout in Foxboro, Ma.

OK, so... you proved my point. My post stated that the last blowout either way was back in 2005 or 2006.Since that game, every matchup between the Pats and Colts has pretty much gone down to the wire, including the seasons Brady was out ('08) and of course last year's near comeback by Indy.

2006 - Indy wins, 27-20

2007 (playoffs) - Indy wins, 38-34

2007 - NE wins, 24-20

2008 - Indy wins, 18-15

2009 - Indy wins, 35-34

2010 - NE wins, 31-28

2011 - NE wins, 31-24

So that's seven straight games over 6 seasons where the margin of victory was 7 points or less. Seven games decided by a GRAND TOTAL of 29 points.

Pretty closely fought, wouldn't you say?

OK, so... you proved my point. My post stated that the last blowout either way was back in 2005 or 2006.Since that game, every matchup between the Pats and Colts has pretty much gone down to the wire, including the seasons Brady was out ('08) and of course last year's near comeback by Indy.

2006 - Indy wins, 27-20

2007 (playoffs) - Indy wins, 38-34

2007 - NE wins, 24-20

2008 - Indy wins, 18-15

2009 - Indy wins, 35-34

2010 - NE wins, 31-28

2011 - NE wins, 31-24

So that's seven straight games over 6 seasons where the margin of victory was 7 points or less. Seven games decided by a GRAND TOTAL of 29 points.

Pretty closely fought, wouldn't you say?

Maybe? GoPats i will agree , but only this time. Because when Nov. comes around it's on like donkey kong. Colts vs. Pats the Andrew Luck Era.....The Rivalry is reborn!

Maybe? GoPats i will agree , but only this time. Because when Nov. comes around it's on like donkey kong. Colts vs. Pats the Andrew Luck Era.....The Rivalry is reborn!

I'm pretty confident that Indy will be a lot more competitive this season than most analysts are giving them credit for right now. And Luck doesn't appear to be your typical rookie 1st round QB. Belichick usually does a good job of throwing enough looks at younger signal-callers to confuse them, but I doubt that will happen with Luck to the same extent.

It'll be hard to rekindle the rivalry though. Brady's probably only got 5 years or so left, and Luck is just starting out. And the Colts-Pats matchup seemed like an annual thing because both teams consistently finished first in their respective divisions. This year the schedule has the AFCE matching up with the AFCS, so we get the match-up, but they won't play again for a few years unless they both finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc-etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a vivid dream the other night the Saints won the NFC. I don't know who they beat. Heck I was in a bar where a smirking Sean Payton was sitting in too. :)

If the Saints end up in the SB they win it. Nobody would beat them in the dome with that crowd.

I will be bold and go with NO winning it all next year then. The league would LOOOOOOOOVE it. :)

From July 1st. I am sticking with the Saints for now unless some other team grabs me.....or changes my mind.