Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait til week 1 to give my prediction.

Good strategy there ManningToCollie, at least let's go through training camp & preseason for all 32 teams first. Me, I usually hold off any Superbowl team predictions until about week 8 myself.

If you back me into a corner right now, I'd say the Houston Texans. A great running game, a solid defense, but QB Matt Schabb has got to stay healthy IMO.

Not sure.

I am predicting the Packers have a sense of urgency to avoid another one and done after this recent and lackluster playoff performance following a spectacular regular season.

So I am predicting early the Packers (barring major injury) make it back to the playoffs again and get to the title game. Once there I don't know who they play or if they win but I think they will advance this year at least to the conference finals.

I say Baltimore/Houston vs. Eagles/49er's. I know I'll catch heck for the Eagles pick, but I think last year was just a fluke.

Does not look too bad to me, will switch Niners for the Packers then. I would then be nervous for a week that Green Bay loses to Vick and yet another NFC East team for a trip to the SB.

Bronco's :):P

I love your optimism AustinCollie17. I really do. It won't happen though. Too many variables...Manning's arm strength will need a year to fully recover, his neck is fine, real team chemistry takes about 1 season to fully gel & solidify, & the Broncos are still installing a new hybrid offense that #18 will feel comfortable with. Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will win Superbowl 48 the following year in my estimation.

I love your optimism AustinCollie17. I really do. It won't happen though. Too many variables...Manning's arm strength will need a year to fully recover, his neck is fine, real team chemistry takes about 1 season to fully gel & solidify, & the Broncos are still installing a new hybrid offense that #18 will feel comfortable with. Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will win Superbowl 48 the following year in my estimation.

Apparently my smiley face with the tongue sticking out didn't make a point. I was joking man in all honesty I think as it stands right now, pre-draft, the 49ers, Giants and Packers along with the Ravens have a good shot. 49ers win it all.

In the AFC it will be the Steelers over the Colts in the title game. The Colts take the league by suprise finishing as a 9-7 wildcard a la 1995 cardiac Colts style in stunning fashion, before losing on a dropped Hail Mary in Pittsburgh. In a game where the Steelers get all the breaks from the refs in a relatively low scoring game where Luck gets the pounding of his life, but survives unharmed.

With it begins the birth of one legendary Andrew Luck after his rookie season, but many rival fans claim the Colts new and improved D is the reason for this success and not the QB. The league and Colts fans will never be the same again after experiencing such excitement. Irsay tweets non stop all offseason after his stunning run to the title game and claims Luck is finally on our side again for the future.

I made my pick earlier in the year - it was Eagles vs Steelers

Eagles/NFC East team vs Falcons in NFCCG - Eagles win to go to the SB.

Steelers vs Ravens in AFCCG - Now, I am not sure who wins but I am leaning Ravens now, though wanted to say Steelers.

Eagles vs Ravens/Steelers - Yeah, if the Ravens go to the SB, Joe Flacco with his moustache says "I told ya so, I am still the best QB in the NFL, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!" :)

I disagree. He would not have gotten that contract if his arm was still in question. Plus the receivers he has been throwing to has said it seems good to them. Now for the chemistry thing...It may take a full year for most QBs and the rest of the offense to gel, but with Peyton you can basically count his off season as that season with the amount of hours he puts in haha. He is going to have OTAs, training camp and pre season to gain that chemistry. Peyton will have those guys ready to go, bank on it.

I disagree. He would not have gotten that contract if his arm was still in question. Plus the receivers he has been throwing to has said it seems good to them. Now for the chemistry thing...It may take a full year for most QBs and the rest of the offense to gel, but with Peyton you can basically count his off season as that season with the amount of hours he puts in haha. He is going to have OTAs, training camp and pre season to gain that chemistry. Peyton will have those guys ready to go, bank on it.

fvantagio, I have never doubted Peyton's determination & work ethic, which are 2nd to none. The Broncos will make the Playoffs this year, but how far they go will be determined by Champ Bailey & their secondary IMO. The running game will take a huge burden off of #18. It would be interesting to see the Broncos in an AFC Championship Game against either the Ravens or the Patriots.

Another thing to remember: Peyton hasn't been hit hard yet by a LB or DE in LIVE game speed with real rounds in the gun for 1 full season now & you can barely touch a QB in practice as a member of the defensive squad. I wish Peyton no harm of course, but #18 has yet to be "welcomed" back into the NFL again. He will have good season, but I still stick to my original position; Yoda will raise the Lombardi Trophy in victory in Superbowl 48. fvantagio, you do make so very valid points that I cannot dispute.

I like the Bears pick from the NFC, too. They were rolling before Cutler got hurt.

I'd love to trade them Osi and maybe a pick for Forte, but that'll never happen.

I was convinced this was a Saints year before the bottom fell out. I guess a team never will be able to host its own Superbowl.

I don't see the 9ers repeating the same success this year.

Maybe the Ravens finally frickin' get there after playing the NFC East. Just no more Steelers or Pats. It's old.

• 1 month later...

As of today, June 13, and no one is hurt and lost for the year....

In the AFC....

-- Patriots

-- Ravens

-- Texans

In the NFC

-- Packers

-- Eagles

-- 49ers

We'll revisit this before the first game of the regular season.... lots could and likely will happen to change things... but that's my WAG for now...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a vivid dream the other night the Saints won the NFC. I don't know who they beat. Heck I was in a bar where a smirking Sean Payton was sitting in too. :)

If the Saints end up in the SB they win it. Nobody would beat them in the dome with that crowd.

I will be bold and go with NO winning it all next year then. The league would LOOOOOOOOVE it. :)

darn Jules once I saw this thread bumped again, I was going to post that I'm back to picking the Saints. But your premonition powers haven't been too fruitful. However, I still really like the Saints this year. They win a playoff game on the road too. Maybe here or Philly.

Had a vivid dream the other night the Saints won the NFC. I don't know who they beat. Heck I was in a bar where a smirking Sean Payton was sitting in too. :)

If the Saints end up in the SB they win it. Nobody would beat them in the dome with that crowd.

I will be bold and go with NO winning it all next year then. The league would LOOOOOOOOVE it. :)

Your dreams frighten me lol. Wasn't there another one about the Jets winning it all as well? All these undesirable teams hoisting the Lombardi lmao. But to be on topic I say...and forgive me if I'm being a homer hahaha...San Diego/New England/Houston vs. Philadelphia/Green Bay/Chicago. I know Rivers doesn't have a true number one but if the Chargers can get that running game to step up I think they'll be okay. New England because, well, Tom Brady is still playing like he's 21. Houston for obvious reasons :D. It's about time an AFC team won the big game, it's been far too long.

Your dreams frighten me lol. Wasn't there another one about the Jets winning it all as well? All these undesirable teams hoisting the Lombardi lmao. But to be on topic I say...and forgive me if I'm being a homer hahaha...San Diego/New England/Houston vs. Philadelphia/Green Bay/Chicago. I know Rivers doesn't have a true number one but if the Chargers can get that running game to step up I think they'll be okay. New England because, well, Tom Brady is still playing like he's 21. Houston for obvious reasons :D. It's about time an AFC team won the big game, it's been far too long.

haharotflmao:lol: Your 1st line made me laugh pretty good QuizBoy. Thanks. [Jules, you know I have a ton of respect for your stellar football knowledge, savviness, & intuition. Always remember that okay.]

I still say this is Houston's year to win it all personally. QB Matt Schaub, RB Arian Foster, DE J.J. Wyatt, WR Andre Johnson, & DC Wade Phillips. All the pieces are in place for a SB run IMO. Losing LB Demeco Ryans to Philadelphia does worry me a tad bit though because he was their field general on defense.