Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

The best 6 qbs in the league right now have won SBs. All the rest havent. Cassel is far from being in that elite group, and therefore the Chiefs arent winning anything. Their team is highly talented but Cassel will be their downfall. Afc is a lock every year, it'll be Ben, Brady, or Peyton representing the Afc. Nfc has a lot of teams that could make it all depending on match-ups. I think this is the Eagles year and they'll lose in the SB to the Broncos :)

Is Vick truly an elite QB you think? I see Rogers,Brees, Eli, or even Cutler teams rep the NFC.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't but that doesnt mean he cant get to the SB. The elite QBs win SBs, the very good qbs dont make it that far or lose the SB. Eagles have a very good team this year and unless major injuries strike will do very well.

I agree they are VERY talented and were so last year, but they so badly underachieved they scare me away. Also I love that Ray Lewis Quote, he proved be so right LAST year.

Fixed it JUST for you LuckyCharm. All the other colt fans please ignore as I am just playin with the troll hehe

Ha! Ha! Very funny Jim, but if im right i thought Andrew Luck was the #1 pick in the draft not Chandler Jones. U know he's a rookie too. Or did u forget that OMG! "Another costly penalty on C.Jones for hitting A.Luck helmet to helmet"! Someone needs to teach that young man how to tackle correctly.1st. down Colts! "Luck is picking New England appart and they r getting frustrated"!

Ha! Ha! Very funny Jim, but if im right i thought Andrew Luck was the #1 pick in the draft not Chandler Jones. U know he's a rookie too. Or did u forget that OMG! "Another costly penalty on C.Jones for hitting A.Luck helmet to helmet"! Someone needs to teach that young man how to tackle correctly.1st. down Colts! "Luck is picking New England appart and they r getting frustrated"!

OMG Luckycharm, I didnt know THAT!! (sarcasm) and umm Jones had a very impressive game 1 preseason as well against a better team in the Saints and HE faced their top talent and the Pats D held up pretty well as Brees had 2 3 and out and the BACKUPS were able get 2 FG all game.

My prediction is as likely to happen as yours, heck I will say more likely as BB is a PROVEN coach and defensive guru while the Colts new HC is proving himself. That isnt an insult just the truth I think the Colts will be vastly improved I think a .500 team this year and prbl 2-3 place in the division.

OMG Luckycharm, I didnt know THAT!! (sarcasm) and umm Jones had a very impressive game 1 preseason as well against a better team in the Saints and HE faced their top talent and the Pats D held up pretty well as Brees had 2 3 and out and the BACKUPS were able get 2 FG all game.

My prediction is as likely to happen as yours, heck I will say more likely as BB is a PROVEN coach and defensive guru while the Colts new HC is proving himself. That isnt an insult just the truth I think the Colts will be vastly improved I think a .500 team this year and prbl 2-3 place in the division.

Blah! Blah!Do not want to hear it the Colts are not getting a fair share ima give an example: If N.E. had released Tom Brady and drafted Andrew and they let go a lot of there veterans. The Experts still would not have ranked N.E. dead last in power rankings. They would have made an excuse like Robert Craft going to make sure this team will compete and make the playoffs and blah! blah! excuses. The Colts 1 of the elite teams for the past 12yrs. had 1 bad yr. And now they r one of the worst for the next 2yrs or so. They still have key players on the team who have won a Super Bowl, but people seem to forget that.

Blah! Blah!Do not want to hear it the Colts are not getting a fair share ima give an example: If N.E. had released Tom Brady and drafted Andrew and they let go a lot of there veterans. The Experts still would not have ranked N.E. dead last in power rankings. They would have made an excuse like Robert Craft going to make sure this team will compete and make the playoffs and blah! blah! excuses. The Colts 1 of the elite teams for the past 12yrs. had 1 bad yr. And now they r one of the worst for the next 2yrs or so. They still have key players on the team who have won a Super Bowl, but people seem to forget that.

1st it is KRAFT.

2nd the Patriots did have a FULL Year without Brady with EVERYTHING staying the same, you know what happened? The Pats went 11-5 with a QB who had NOT SARTED SINCE HS!!!! So the Pats went through a ELITE QB down year and survived, I believe most of your fellow Colt fans will agree with me when i say last year showed the Colts were WAY WAY to dependant on Manning to win. Imagine if Manning had BB as his head coach and GM since he started... (Colt fans stop drooling over the thought of multiple Lombardies lol)

1st it is KRAFT.

2nd the Patriots did have a FULL Year without Brady with EVERYTHING staying the same, you know what happened? The Pats went 11-5 with a QB who had NOT SARTED SINCE HS!!!! So the Pats went through a ELITE QB down year and survived, I believe most of your fellow Colt fans will agree with me when i say last year showed the Colts were WAY WAY to dependant on Manning to win. Imagine if Manning had BB as his head coach and GM since he started... (Colt fans stop drooling over the thought of multiple Lombardies lol)

Maybe Belichick and John Fox should switch jobs, and for the next five years we should see if Manning can win as many SBs as Brady. That would put the argument as to who is better to rest lol.

Maybe Belichick and John Fox should switch jobs, and for the next five years we should see if Manning can win as many SBs as Brady. That would put the argument as to who is better to rest lol.

Iol both are GREAT QB's one just had the good fortune have a GREAT HC as well... I am positive he would have at least 3 if BB was his HC.. maybe even more.

Do people if they look back and check the Bill Belicheck record as a head coach he was 1 of the worst before Brady came along.What people do not know is Pete Carrow build that N.E. team then they fired him and handed the team to Bill so....... U can argue with me about that, but it's the truth.It's other coaches who had to start from scratch and now have or had a respected football team.He's not the best coach in my opinion i just think he's a master of knowing what to do with a good football team who is ready to win a championship.

Do people if they look back and check the Bill Belicheck record as a head coach he was 1 of the worst before Brady came along.What people do not know is Pete Carrow build that N.E. team then they fired him and handed the team to Bill so....... U can argue with me about that, but it's the truth.It's other coaches who had to start from scratch and now have or had a respected football team.He's not the best coach in my opinion i just think he's a master of knowing what to do with a good football who is ready to win a championship.

1st it is Pete Carroll

2nd BB has had ONE losing season as a HC of NE, that was his FIRST YEAR in NE with the crap from Carroll drafts on the roster. The players who stayed with BB were not drafted By Carroll but by BB and Parcells when they were in NE. (Bruschi,brown etc.) OR who he picked up for cheap on the FA market. (Vrabel,Pfeifer comes to mind here) A LOT were drafted by BB , SEYMOUR,WILFOLK,WARREN. So Lucky you are talking out of your butt here as it is so false it is scary.

1st it is Pete Carroll

2nd BB has had ONE losing season as a HC of NE, that was his FIRST YEAR in NE with the crap from Carroll drafts on the roster. The players who stayed with BB were not drafted By Carroll but by BB and Parcells when they were in NE. (Bruschi,brown etc.) OR who he picked up for cheap on the FA market. (Vrabel,Pfeifer comes to mind here) A LOT were drafted by BB , SEYMOUR,WILFOLK,WARREN. So Lucky you are talking out of your butt here as it is so false it is scary.

No u only brought up Bill history with N.E. what about his history before he came to N.E. Yes Carroll had Martin, Bledsoe, Vinateri,L.Brown,McGinest etc.... they had a good football team when Bill got there so u can cut that they had a bad football team crap out. Well Martin may have move to the Jets by then, but if im correct Bill 1st. yr. in he was Martins last yr with the team.

No u only brought up Bill history with N.E. what about his history before he came to N.E. Yes Carroll had Martin, Bledsoe, Vinateri,L.Brown,McGinest etc.... they had a good football team when Bill got there so u can cut that they had a bad football team crap out. Well Martin may have move to the Jets by then, but if im correct Bill 1st. yr. in he was Martins last yr with the team.

he was HC of the Cleveland Browns for 2 years. The 1st year they improved enough to make the playoffs, the second year the owner announced they were moving and the wheels fell off. So hardly one of the worst like you discribed.

Martin had moved to NY BEFORE BB got here. And ALL the players you mentioned were drafted by Parcells and BB NOT CARROLL.. under Pete Carroll the Pats record got progressively worse. But you know what BB PEARS consider him a HOF HC and one of the best of all time... Matter fact I do remember hearing the HC of the Saints saying BB "was the GREATEST HC of his generation!!!" I think his peers speak better than anyone else.

Thanks Peytonator, I love the Chiefs sorta the Patriots Midwest lol, that said their one weakness is QB imagine if Peyton had landed there wow...

True that. They were where wanted him to land, but Elway swindled him into picking an extremely mediocre Broncos team. I still think he'll keep them competitive, and they may very well come away with the division, but KC is going to keep it interesting.

he was HC of the Cleveland Browns for 2 years. The 1st year they improved enough to make the playoffs, the second year the owner announced they were moving and the wheels fell off. So hardly one of the worst like you discribed.

Martin had moved to NY BEFORE BB got here. And ALL the players you mentioned were drafted by Parcells and BB NOT CARROLL.. under Pete Carroll the Pats record got progressively worse. But you know what BB PEARS consider him a HOF HC and one of the best of all time... Matter fact I do remember hearing the HC of the Saints saying BB "was the GREATEST HC of his generation!!!" I think his peers speak better than anyone else.

The only thing i will say that i like about Bill is this and i can not believe I'm saying this about Mr. Belicheck he's a master at game planning against great QB's, but what i really like about him is he wins by all means neccesary even if cheating is included and if he can get away with it.

The only thing i will say that i like about Bill is this and i can not believe I'm saying this about Mr. Belicheck he's a master at game planning against great QB's, but what i really like about him is he wins by all means neccesary even if cheating is included and if he can get away with it.

LOL why is it when people start losing a disagreement the pull out the cheating card LOL. I am not going argue that its been done to death and like beating a dead horse. BUT I think I would be wrong if I didnt point out that since then the Patriots Offense been better than during spygate.

I want to apologize to the COLT FANS (minus LuckCharm) I didnt mean to hijack this topic and send it off into Patriot land. I just have a hard time letting this go if I feel the statement is wrong. Again sorry to the OP and all colt fans hijacking the thread :)

I want to apologize to the COLT FANS (minus LuckCharm) I didnt mean to hijack this topic and send it off into Patriot land. I just have a hard time letting this go if I feel the statement is wrong. Again sorry to the OP and all colt fans hijacking the thread :)

Well as a Colts fan i apoligize to all my other Colts fans if i refuse to believe the Colts is the sorriest team in the league and just the least talented i do not believe that. I bleed Colts blue and i can name a lot of teams i know for a fact the Colts would beat right now if the season started today.Even if the Colts have a rookie QB. Who happens to be considered the most NFL ready QB since Manning, and Elway who if u look at history were both drafted by guess who? The Colts! That's 3 decades of great QB play. 2 already in the books. John Elway may have played for the Broncos, but the Colts is who eyed him first.

In the AFC Championship Game this year, I wanna see Houston Vs New England. Tom Brady vs Wade Phillips. Bill Belicheck Vs. Gary Kubiack. Aaron Foster Vs. Vince Wilfork. A great matchup IMO.

In the NFC Championship Game this year, I wanna see Green Bay Vs. San Francisco. McCarthy Vs. Harbaugh, Rogers Vs. Willis, Woodson Vs. Moss. Another great matchup.

SB=Houston Vs Green Bay. Final score: Houston 41. GB: 35.

Do people if they look back and check the Bill Belicheck record as a head coach he was 1 of the worst before Brady came along.What people do not know is Pete Carrow build that N.E. team then they fired him and handed the team to Bill so....... U can argue with me about that, but it's the truth.It's other coaches who had to start from scratch and now have or had a respected football team.He's not the best coach in my opinion i just think he's a master of knowing what to do with a good football team who is ready to win a championship.

This thread took an amazingly awesome turn.

Can we bring back the forum awards and start the nominations with the 'Least knowledgable poster who oddly enough thinks he knows the most but is wrong about everything' category?

In the AFC Championship Game this year, I wanna see Houston Vs New England. Tom Brady vs Wade Phillips. Bill Belicheck Vs. Gary Kubiack. Aaron Foster Vs. Vince Wilfork. A great matchup IMO.

In the NFC Championship Game this year, I wanna see Green Bay Vs. San Francisco. McCarthy Vs. Harbaugh, Rogers Vs. Willis, Woodson Vs. Moss. Another great matchup.

SB=Houston Vs Green Bay. Final score: Houston 41. GB: 35.

TBH I am starting to have some concerns over GB sadly. I have to wait and see though. The o line and run game worry me a tad. And Jennings has had some concussion/injury issues.

I stil have to see the D improve as well. They might have already lost Desmond Bishop for the year too.

If the Pack do not win the North I favor the Lions more then the Bears. More people seem to be into the Bears so I will be different here. Urlacher is having issues and reports are he has had possibly multiple surgeries this year. I also am not sure I trust that Bears o line either.

I like Stafford and a rising Lions D to potentially challenge Green Bay this year more then the Bears.

He isn't but that doesnt mean he cant get to the SB. The elite QBs win SBs, the very good qbs dont make it that far or lose the SB. Eagles have a very good team this year and unless major injuries strike will do very well.

Was Brady considered elite when the Pats won the SB in 2001? Was Eli considered a top QB in 2007 when they won it all? Was Ben considered a top QB in 2005?

We were a few miscues away from Alex Smith and Joe Flacco in the SB this past season.

This thread took an amazingly awesome turn.

Can we bring back the forum awards and start the nominations with the 'Least knowledgable poster who oddly enough thinks he knows the most but is wrong about everything' category?

Ima tell u why even tho New England made it to the Superbowl they are still too overrated. Now of course N.E. was clearly the best team in the AFC last yr.That's why they went to SB46, but how can u lose to a team (3) times in 1 season how? They played New York Giants in the preseason, reg., and SB46 and still could not explode offensively in a least 1 of those gms.Something is wrong with that now look that up im pretty accurate on that Dynasty! I do not believe the Giants could beat Greenbay or New Orleans (3) times in one season and not expect some type of offense explosion in a gm.If Brady is such a master he should have figure them out when they played in SB46 they say u only as good as the competion u play i guess Baltimore didn't prepare them enough to be ready for the Giants i mean Baltimore do have one of the most feared Dfenses in the league right?

TBH I am starting to have some concerns over GB sadly. I have to wait and see though. The o line and run game worry me a tad. And Jennings has had some concussion/injury issues.

GB just acquired former Bengals RB Cederic Benson, Center Jeff Saturday is a great protection caller on the line, and they can win with WR's Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, and TE Jermichael Finley easily IMO even with Gregg Jennings absence.

I stil have to see the D improve as well. They might have already lost Desmond Bishop for the year too.

DC Dom Capers and LB Coach Kevin Greene will whip that defense into shape quickly due to their experience and tenure in Pittsburgh. As long as DB Charles Woodson is healthy and active, everything will flow smoothly.

If the Pack do not win the North I favor the Lions more then the Bears. More people seem to be into the Bears so I will be different here. Urlacher is having issues and reports are he has had possibly multiple surgeries this year. I also am not sure I trust that Bears o line either.

I like Stafford and a rising Lions D to potentially challenge Green Bay this year more then the Bears.

Detroit won't knock GB out of a division title. This squad is overflowing with young talent who haven't mastered the art of winning yet and off the field criminal indiscretions yet. A sign of a lack of focus and immaturity. Stafford and Megatron are great, but mental mistakes by Suh and others at the worst possible times in games will cost the Lions a Playoff berth IMO.

Ima tell u why even tho New England made it to the Superbowl they are still too overrated. Now of course N.E. was clearly the best team in the AFC last yr.That's why they went to SB46, but how can u lose to a team (3) times in 1 season how? They played New York Giants in the preseason, reg., and SB46 and still could not explode offensively in a least 1 of those gms.Something is wrong with that now look that up im pretty accurate on that Dynasty! I do not believe the Giants could beat Greenbay or New Orleans (3) times in one season and not expect some type of offense explosion in a gm.If Brady is such a master he should have figure them out when they played in SB46 they say u only as good as the competion u play i guess Baltimore didn't prepare them enough to be ready for the Giants i mean Baltimore do have one of the most feared Dfenses in the league right?

Question.

Who do you think the best quarterback of the last...say....10 years or so was?

Was Brady considered elite when the Pats won the SB in 2001? Was Eli considered a top QB in 2007 when they won it all? Was Ben considered a top QB in 2005?

We were a few miscues away from Alex Smith and Joe Flacco in the SB this past season.

Yet those miscues didnt happen. Atm, elite qbs win sbs. I still believe there can be a rare carry by an amazing defense for a ring but that is going to happen less and less imo. I think there are a few qbs who have the potential to be elite but none of them are in the afc atm.

Question.

Who do you think the best quarterback of the last...say....10 years or so was?

That's easy P.Manning 4 MVP awards say more got to 49td's passes in 13gms! Not in 16 gms. in the 4Qrt. like a certain QB had to do, to get 49&50td's for the yr. L.O.L. Team of the decade probally New England tho. So there u have it best QB P.Manning.

That's easy P.Manning 4 MVP awards say more got to 49td's passes in 13gms! Not in 16 gms. in the 4Qrt. like a certain QB had to do, to get 49&50td's for the yr. L.O.L. Team of the decade probally New England tho. So there u have best QB P.Manning.

No need to try and justify your opinion by undermining another's accomplishments. That alone is telling.

I knew you'd say Peyton Manning.

I only asked because you make a statement asking how if Brady is such a master, how could he possibly lose to the same team 3 times in a row. Well...you think the Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of the last decade, and I'm fairly certain you would also make a case for him being one of, if not the, best of all time. So if Peyton is such a master, shouldnt he have figured out, to use your terminology, how to beat the Patriots when they beat him- what was it...6 times in a row a few years ago?

No need to try and justify your opinion by undermining another's accomplishments. That alone is telling.

I knew you'd say Peyton Manning.

I only asked because you make a statement asking how if Brady is such a master, how could he possibly lose to the same team 3 times in a row. Well...you think the Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of the last decade, and I'm fairly certain you would also make a case for him being one of, if not the, best of all time. So if Peyton is such a master, shouldnt he have figured out, to use your terminology, how to beat the Patriots when they beat him- what was it...6 times in a row a few years ago?

Not responding to your whole discussion with lucky because I havent read it all, however, peyton did figure out how to beat the pats. A few years ago is not accurate....they beat him all those times in a row about a decade ago, with the last lost in the row occuring in 2004, 8 years ago. There were many factors involved in the losses, including the usual phsycial dominance of the colt receivers by the patriot cb. BB and romeo also did outsmart peyton during those years, but it wasnt just him that was getting outplayed. Peyton didnt have a great mind like BB with him to help solve the defense like brady has had.

I agree with you that the colts should not be at 32 in the power rankings and should be somewhere in the middle of the pack, say 12-20 range . . . actually you should be happy that the the colts are viewed at the bottom of the power rankings, becuase if they were not viewed at the bottom of the rankings (and viewed higher like you and I both agree), those same talking heads would be scratching their heads at how could a perennial 10+ win team end up with just 2 wins . . .

Not responding to your whole discussion with lucky because I havent read it all, however, peyton did figure out how to beat the pats. A few years ago is not accurate....they beat him all those times in a row about a decade ago, with the last lost in the row occuring in 2004, 8 years ago. There were many factors involved in the losses, including the usual phsycial dominance of the colt receivers by the patriot cb. BB and romeo also did outsmart peyton during those years, but it wasnt just him that was getting outplayed. Peyton didnt have a great mind like BB with him to help solve the defense like brady has had.

I'm not arguing the facts of why or why not whatever team won when. Objective fans...people who truly understand this game...know what went down. I'm simply applying the same 'logic' to the argument that Lucky was. Peyton lost to the Patriots 6 times in a row. Peyton, who lucky thinks was the best quarterback in the league. Then he goes on and has the audacity to question how a 'master like Brady' could lose to the same team 3 times? His argument makes no sense...and thats why this thread has become so amusing.

This guys a joke...we're all just playin with him.

to be fair supercolts, Coach Dungy is no average coach . . . Indeed the colts run of 10+ wins seasons started with Coach Dungy's first year (and PM having already been there 5 years prior . . . this is not a shot at PM but a data point to show how effective Coach Dungy was). . . also Dungy, as a former D back for the 70s steelers and the father of the Tampa 2, was no defensive dummy . . . any knowledge gained by TB from BB was not that greatly outpaced by what PM gained from Coach Dungy . . .

As for PM getting better . . . I think it has a lost more to do with how strong the teams were as opposed to one player figuring out a system . . . the pats were the better team in 03-04 and the colts in 05-06 . . . .we had a lot of injuries and FA losses after the '04 . . . . Indeed I am not sure if the colts ever beat the Pats with Rodney Harrison at safety . . . all of our losses 04-08 Harrison was not on the field (or got injuried during the game) . . . 08 we had Cassell and almost won and we split in 09/10 with the pats getting a big lead and the colts coming back in one and not the other . . .

Yeah, I'm not really feelin' the Packers this year....not like I was last year. These things go in cycles. It's seemed like, over the last few years, excluding last year, our Colts would be straight-up dominant one year, and the next they would be an extremely flawed team. I think Matty Ice and them dirty birds could make some noise in the NFC.