Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haharotflmao:lol: Your 1st line made me laugh pretty good QuizBoy. Thanks. [Jules, you know I have a ton of respect for your stellar football knowledge, savviness, & intuition. Always remember that okay.]

I still say this is Houston's year to win it all personally. QB Matt Schaub, RB Arian Foster, DE J.J. Wyatt, WR Andre Johnson, & DC Wade Phillips. All the pieces are in place for a SB run IMO. Losing LB Demeco Ryans to Philadelphia does worry me a tad bit though because he was their field general on defense.

Yeah, it seems like our team is ready every year and then they somehow manage to mess it up. I agree with you about Wade Phillips, he may be the final piece we need. And hopefully Bradie James can do well in our 3-4 as well taking Demeco's spot. This is all just hopes though lol. And I agree about Jules' intuition as well hahaha. I hope her dreams aren't a sign of future times though lol.

Patriots vs Giants again

Dark Horse Super Bowl- Broncos vs Giants

Ah yes, the Manning Bowl...I would love to see that myself eventually Gavin. A TV ratings jackpot!!! Yoda Vs. Easy Going Eli. A great NFL Game for sure. One for the record books.

Ah yes, the Manning Bowl...I would love to see that myself eventually Gavin. A TV ratings jackpot!!! Yoda Vs. Easy Going Eli. A great NFL Game for sure. One for the record books.

Me to, I dont see it happening this year but maybe next year, now of course if everything works out and we are contending next year all bets are off and Im gunning for my Colts but I see us as being at least a couple years away still

Me to, I dont see it happening this year but maybe next year, now of course if everything works out and we are contending next year all bets are off and Im gunning for my Colts but I see us as being at least a couple years away still

Exactly Gavin, 2-3 years away yet still, but our prediction will see the light of day & come to fruition. No doubt or hint of hesitation in my mind at all.

Not a question of if but when... :lombardi: :giants: VS. :broncos:

Your dreams frighten me lol. Wasn't there another one about the Jets winning it all as well? All these undesirable teams hoisting the Lombardi lmao. But to be on topic I say...and forgive me if I'm being a homer hahaha...San Diego/New England/Houston vs. Philadelphia/Green Bay/Chicago. I know Rivers doesn't have a true number one but if the Chargers can get that running game to step up I think they'll be okay. New England because, well, Tom Brady is still playing like he's 21. Houston for obvious reasons :D. It's about time an AFC team won the big game, it's been far too long.

That was my sister with the Jets dream but then again she often has weird dreams lol. I guess I do too at times, we are interesting gals. Some come true in football and some don't with dreams. Some are a jumbled football mess.

I won't be heartbroken if the Saints don't win it all by any means or go far.

I do have to say, I have no idea what bar I was in or why I was there when Sean Payton was there. I think he is going to spend the year drinking a few. :) But, when I asked him if he was suprised when the Saints made the big one he said no because he expected it. See, same old cocky Sean Payton.

haharotflmao:lol: Your 1st line made me laugh pretty good QuizBoy. Thanks. [Jules, you know I have a ton of respect for your stellar football knowledge, savviness, & intuition. Always remember that okay.]

I still say this is Houston's year to win it all personally. QB Matt Schaub, RB Arian Foster, DE J.J. Wyatt, WR Andre Johnson, & DC Wade Phillips. All the pieces are in place for a SB run IMO. Losing LB Demeco Ryans to Philadelphia does worry me a tad bit though because he was their field general on defense.

Poor Houston is gonna get their butts kicked in the voodoo dome by the bounty kings!!!!!!

Actually yeah I have been high on Houston. They look wonderful, at least on paper. All the SB ingredients might be there; top D, top run game; good enough QB....favorable schedule possibly. Shake it up and put it in the oven and boom...Super Bowl team. Right? Maybe and maybe not.

Then again it looks favorable for a lot of teams to make a run right? A lot of usual suspects and then toss in a team like Denver who now is a heavy favorite in Vegas due to Manning.

To me at times that can be so boring with predictions. There has to be some darkhorse teams in the running? I hope so. I like suprises.

I am fully prepared for a team like NO or Philly or NE or even Pittsburgh to go waltzing into the SB. Thats just how the cookie crumbles as a Colts fan. It is never want I really want. It is never favorable it seems. Dream SBs hardly ever happen outside of getting Rex Grossman who I knew we would rattle and destroy.

Not defensively Green Bay isn't. No way, no how. They still have time to tweak it, tinker with it, solidify it, & fix it though.

They should have a top D again, plus the best O IMO. They have the best combo of O and D.

That was my sister with the Jets dream but then again she often has weird dreams lol. I guess I do too at times, we are interesting gals. Some come true in football and some don't with dreams. Some are a jumbled football mess.

I won't be heartbroken if the Saints don't win it all by any means or go far.

I do have to say, I have no idea what bar I was in or why I was there when Sean Payton was there. I think he is going to spend the year drinking a few. :) But, when I asked him if he was suprised when the Saints made the big one he said no because he expected it. See, same old cocky Sean Payton.

Oh, yeah, that sounds like Sean Payton lol. The cockiness and the sitting in a bar part hahaha. He will be having quite a few drinks for the next year so I don't feel bad for him. Don't be surprised if he's on the news come Mardi Gras time haha.

Poor Houston is gonna get their butts kicked in the voodoo dome by the bounty kings!!!!!!

One could make the argument that the black magic voodoo doll has already been overloaded with self inflicted, arrogant pins on Sean Payton, GM Loomis, Jonathan Vilma, and so on done the line. Bad karma never disappears on it's own. Penance must be paid in full first by those responsible, before any dark psychological clouds can be removed. The operative phrase being "self inflicted."

Actually yeah I have been high on Houston. They look wonderful, at least on paper. All the SB ingredients might be there; top D, top run game; good enough QB....favorable schedule possibly. Shake it up and put it in the oven and boom...Super Bowl team. Right? Maybe and maybe not.

Yeah, I hate the dreaded paper champion analogy too. Just ask the Dallas Cowboys how well media favoritism and never ending roster praise over their talent has worked for that squad too. Respect and Championships must be earned through hardwork, unselfishness, and flawless field execution with almost no mental errors or lapses. Please Schaub stay healthy for an entire season. Arian Foster please don't moap around in isolation if the Texans stumble in the 4th quarter. Motivate and rally your team mates please. Thank you.

Then again it looks favorable for a lot of teams to make a run right? A lot of usual suspects and then toss in a team like Denver who now is a heavy favorite in Vegas due to Manning.

You and I have had this discussion before Jules. Peyton Manning hasn't taken a hard hit or sack yet. Even #18 has no idea what his real endurance level is yet for a 3 hour regular season game. Nerve regeneration in his arm is the key here. Next year, I would bet 100% with Vegas not this year though. Plus, Philip Rivers and the Chargers need to win now and they have always posed a problem for Manning too. Of course, Denver has a better secondary than INDY had and a more consistent running game too.

To me at times that can be so boring with predictions. There has to be some darkhorse teams in the running? I hope so. I like suprises.

I like surprises too. Detroit is a very dangerous team if they could just stop their foolish off the field arrest problems of vital players. If Atlanta gets their defense fixed ahead of schedule, watch out. Asante Samuel is a beast IMO. Eagles have a shot if Vick could actually play all 16 weeks without an injury. Buffalo is way under the radar too, but DE Mario Williams and RB Fred Jackson make that team a dangerous sleeper team as well.

I am fully prepared for a team like NO or Philly or NE or even Pittsburgh to go waltzing into the SB. Thats just how the cookie crumbles as a Colts fan. It is never want I really want. It is never favorable it seems. Dream SBs hardly ever happen outside of getting Rex Grossman who I knew we would rattle and destroy.

Naturally, all the defensive teams will be in the Playoffs mix: Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, and Patriots. The cool thing is within 2 years, the Colts will be feared as a solid, punch you in the mouth defensive team too thanks to Coach Pagano. If the 49ers had a better QB than Alex Smith, I would have more confidence in that squad to reach the SB, but I don't. The Jets will implode by week 8 IMO. Come on Houston! I'm tired of being disappointed already. Put up or shut up now please. Houston vs. the 49ers in SB 47. That's what I will run with right now.

If Trent Richardson has the type of impact I think he will, don't count out the Browns.

Now THAT is interesting. See, the Browns. Imagine if they made the playoffs. NO just imagine. I could totally get on that wagon assuming the Colts aren't in the playoffs.

Those poor Cleveland fans. GREAT fans. Love em. And after all the Lebronda James junk they deserve something more then anyone.

Go Browns!!!!

Oh, yeah, that sounds like Sean Payton lol. The cockiness and the sitting in a bar part hahaha. He will be having quite a few drinks for the next year so I don't feel bad for him. Don't be surprised if he's on the news come Mardi Gras time haha.

He was soooo Sean Payton in my dream. Smirking and drinking and kinda creepy. I am not sure how we crossed paths but then again I have met stranger people in my life.

Don't you remember our upstart Browns?

The cool thing is within 2 years, the Colts will be feared as a solid, punch you in the mouth defensive team too thanks to Coach Pagano.

Next offseason the Colts have some serious coin to spend, I think. Oh la la. If they show some potential this year and can spend some of this loot then who knows.

We might even get LUCKy.

They should have a top D again, plus the best O IMO. They have the best combo of O and D.

The Packers have the best combo right now of O and O.

He was soooo Sean Payton in my dream. Smirking and drinking and kinda creepy. I am not sure how we crossed paths but then again I have met stranger people in my life.

Don't you remember our upstart Browns?

Oh those Browns hahahahaha. If they make the playoffs I will eat grass lol.

The Patriots. We all know they have a great offense. They've added some receivers and have improved their D. They will be a better team this year than last year, and they went to the superbowl last year.

The Patriots. We all know they have a great offense. They've added some receivers and have improved their D. They will be a better team this year than last year, and they went to the superbowl last year.

And they probably have more motivation/urgency than a lot of other teams.

I think losing a second Super Bowl is going to have a tremendous impact on Brady and Belichick this season and probably for the next few while their run winds down. Both guys know that they've missed out on some HUGE opportunities since the last championship, going all the way back to the AFFCG against Indy in the 06-07 season. They hang on in that game and they've got Rex Grossman and the Bears standing in the way of #4 (let's be honest, that would have been a laugher), plus the two losses to the Giants that - combined - came down to a handful of plays.

Offensively, the only key piece they've really lost is Matt Light. And they've shown in the past an ability to adapt to injuries and changes on the O-line. You could add losing Green-Ellis to the mix, but I don't think that hurts them much.

Defensively, they could make some huge strides this year. The talent pool is vastly improved, now it's a matter of seeing if Belichick can put it together on the field. I liked what I saw late in the season and into the playoffs last year, so there are definitely signs that things could come together on D.

I think losing a second Super Bowl is going to have a tremendous impact on Brady and Belichick this season and probably for the next few while their run winds down. Both guys know that they've missed out on some HUGE opportunities since the last championship, going all the way back to the AFFCG against Indy in the 06-07 season. They hang on in that game and they've got Rex Grossman and the Bears standing in the way of #4 (let's be honest, that would have been a laugher), plus the two losses to the Giants that - combined - came down to a handful of plays.

Offensively, the only key piece they've really lost is Matt Light. And they've shown in the past an ability to adapt to injuries and changes on the O-line. You could add losing Green-Ellis to the mix, but I don't think that hurts them much.

Defensively, they could make some huge strides this year. The talent pool is vastly improved, now it's a matter of seeing if Belichick can put it together on the field. I liked what I saw late in the season and into the playoffs last year, so there are definitely signs that things could come together on D.

You make some really valid points about NE's WR additions, o-line adjustments, & the drive, intelligence, & will of Tom Brady & Bill Belichick that cannot easily be refuted. I just can't see it though. San Diego will knock them off in the Playoffs. Phillip Rivers is fighting for Norv Turner's job, A.J. Smith's job, franchise respectability among their NFL peers, & to keep that team from being dismantled. When a team like the Chargers is left for dead with their backs against the wall, they have nothing left to lose.

ILB Takeo Spikes knows how to get everyone on defense in their proper position securing gap control. OLB Shaun Phillips was taught well by Shawn Merriman & he knows how to beat double teams & bring the heat when he has to. Luis Castillo DE is an underated pass rusher who keeps hunting the QB down after down. It will all hinge on the play of their running backs and wide receivers overall. Eric Weddle their FS is an interception beast too.

My head choice (when I am awake) has been NE at times this offseason. On paper at times Houston looks the most balanced in the AFC if they can live up to their potential. The schedule is VERY favorable for NE so homefield or at least the second seed again is not out of the question. And we know how tough it is to win there in the playoffs.

I cannot fathom a Bill B. D being this bad AGAIN. It might not be one of the best but if it's middle of the road that might be good enough. Yes, the Pats D did improve in the postseason, unlike Green Bay who actually seemed to get worse.

I still think Brady and BB will do anything and everything to try to get that coveted 4th ring to be grouped in that small elite, whether they get it or not is to be determined. I won't be suprised at all if they are in the SB in the next year or two.

Just have to avoid major injuries as you already know. And I said this before but losing the SB might not be as huge of a hangover effect for this years Pats as some previous SB losers. Because well.....they have done it before. Sorry but it's true. Losing another SB might not effect them as much as teams who just lose one if that makes sense.

BTW back to my Saints dream.....I just read Sean Payton is getting a divorce. And I saw him in a bar drinking. Go figure!

You make some really valid points about NE's WR additions, o-line adjustments, & the drive, intelligence, & will of Tom Brady & Bill Belichick that cannot easily be refuted. I just can't see it though. San Diego will knock them off in the Playoffs. Phillip Rivers is fighting for Norv Turner's job, A.J. Smith's job, franchise respectability among their NFL peers, & to keep that team from being dismantled. When a team like the Chargers is left for dead with their backs against the wall, they have nothing left to lose.

ILB Takeo Spikes knows how to get everyone on defense in their proper position securing gap control. OLB Shaun Phillips was taught well by Shawn Merriman & he knows how to beat double teams & bring the heat when he has to. Luis Castillo DE is an underated pass rusher who keeps hunting the QB down after down. It will all hinge on the play of their running backs and wide receivers overall. Eric Weddle their FS is an interception beast too.

Like you I have been semi high at times on SD but I still have to see it to believe it in terms of them actually doing it. They show flashes and show serious crashes. (hey I am a poet!) NE is still right now a much safer pick then SD. NE is probably the safest pick in the AFC most seasons sadly lmao. I mean come on, 5 Super Bowl appearances.

But, I cannot imagine Rivers being so awful and inconsistent again this season regardless of how good the rest of his team is. I am sure he knows he needs to step up his game. I still felt like SD was probably the team who should have won the West last year if they had not messed up so many times but it went to the Broncos and their great Tebow fortune instead.

If you want to talk about the biggest lost opportunity for last years SB it was the Saints. I am not sure the Packers would have beaten the Niners after seeing the SF D vs. the Saints and Giants. They completely pounded Eli and shut down the Saints very good run game.

The Packers were pretty one dimensional on offense and might have had issues even stopping Alex Smith at home.

If NO managed to win that Niners game and oh how close they came.....they host the Giants in NO. The Giants (just ask their fans) wanted NO part of the Saints. They usually get torn up by them in recent seasons.

So lets say NO ends up being the G Men as usual. I also believe in the SB in Indy that they could have torn up the Pats D. Might have been an interesting potential shootout at times between NE and NO. But, Brees has often struck me as a bit of a Pats killer at times. And without a healthy Gronk I am not sure NE would have been able to match them.

I might have take NO to win it all if they got by SF. They were one Alex Smith drive from possibly pulling a 2006 Colts as the third seed.

Actually speaking of a healthy Gronk.....if he was 100% the Pats might have still beaten the Giants anyway.

One injury can change so much sadly. In fact the last 3 AFC winners have suffered a major injury heading into the SB; 2009-Colts/Freeney. 2010-Steelers/Pouncey. 2011-Pats/Gronk.

My head choice (when I am awake) has been NE at times this offseason. On paper at times Houston looks the most balanced in the AFC if they can live up to their potential. The schedule is VERY favorable for NE so homefield or at least the second seed again is not out of the question. And we know how tough it is to win there in the playoffs.

I cannot fathom a Bill B. D being this bad AGAIN. It might not be one of the best but if it's middle of the road that might be good enough. Yes, the Pats D did improve in the postseason, unlike Green Bay who actually seemed to get worse.

I still think Brady and BB will do anything and everything to try to get that coveted 4th ring to be grouped in that small elite, whether they get it or not is to be determined. I won't be suprised at all if they are in the SB in the next year or two.

Just have to avoid major injuries as you already know. And I said this before but losing the SB might not be as huge of a hangover effect for this years Pats as some previous SB losers. Because well.....they have done it before. Sorry but it's true. Losing another SB might not effect them as much as teams who just lose one if that makes sense.

BTW back to my Saints dream.....I just read Sean Payton is getting a divorce. And I saw him in a bar drinking. Go figure!

Like you I have been semi high at times on SD but I still have to see it to believe it in terms of them actually doing it. They show flashes and show serious crashes. (hey I am a poet!) NE is still right now a much safer pick then SD. NE is probably the safest pick in the AFC most seasons sadly lmao. I mean come on, 5 Super Bowl appearances.

But, I cannot imagine Rivers being so awful and inconsistent again this season regardless of how good the rest of his team is. I am sure he knows he needs to step up his game. I still felt like SD was probably the team who should have won the West last year if they had not messed up so many times but it went to the Broncos and their great Tebow fortune instead

Yes indeed, you are indeed a poet Jules. haha Just like Dallas, experts rave about SD's roster talent and they always manage not to cross the finish line and fall short. Peyton Manning in the AFC West should make that division interesting with 2 elite QBs running the reins there. Come on Phillip!!! You know what time it is...

I still have an immense amount of respect for the Patriots, but it isn't a given that Tom Brady & Co. will make it to the big dance this year. So much has to fall in your lap...chemistry, turnovers, superb pass rush, & a shutdown ground game.

Yes indeed, you are indeed a poet Jules. haha Just like Dallas, experts rave about SD's roster talent and they always manage not to cross the finish line and fall short. Peyton Manning in the AFC West should make that division interesting with 2 elite QBs running the reins there. Come on Phillip!!! You know what time it is...

I still have an immense amount of respect for the Patriots, but it isn't a given that Tom Brady & Co. will make it to the big dance this year. So much has to fall in your lap...chemistry, turnovers, superb pass rush, & a shutdown ground game.

Yep. Thats why most of us often get wowed in the postseason. How often are our preseason calls always correct? Thats why I love this sport. It is sooooo much less predictable then the NBA. I mean whoopie. Heat and Thunder. How SHOCKING. Lebron and Durant are about as predictable as you can get for the finals.

Absolutely, so much has to fall in line to win it all. Good fortune, a good team, good health often at times.....at least no major injury to KEY players. Good coaching. Total team sport.

I think next years playoffs are gonna be a good one.

And yeah, Peyton vs. Rivers makes the AFC West so much more exciting. That division was getting pretty stale for a while.

Now if we can just pump up the AFC South excitement factor? lmao

If you want to talk about the biggest lost opportunity for last years SB it was the Saints. I am not sure the Packers would have beaten the Niners after seeing the SF D vs. the Saints and Giants. They completely pounded Eli and shut down the Saints very good run game.

The Packers were pretty one dimensional on offense and might have had issues even stopping Alex Smith at home.

If NO managed to win that Niners game and oh how close they came.....they host the Giants in NO. The Giants (just ask their fans) wanted NO part of the Saints. They usually get torn up by them in recent seasons.

So lets say NO ends up being the G Men as usual. I also believe in the SB in Indy that they could have torn up the Pats D. Might have been an interesting potential shootout at times between NE and NO. But, Brees has often struck me as a bit of a Pats killer at times. And without a healthy Gronk I am not sure NE would have been able to match them.

I might have take NO to win it all if they got by SF. They were one Alex Smith drive from possibly pulling a 2006 Colts as the third seed.

Actually speaking of a healthy Gronk.....if he was 100% the Pats might have still beaten the Giants anyway.

One injury can change so much sadly. In fact the last 3 AFC winners have suffered a major injury heading into the SB; 2009-Colts/Freeney. 2010-Steelers/Pouncey. 2011-Pats/Gronk.

The Saints would have sliced up the NY Giants secondary. The question how much hits Osi, Tuck, Canty, & JPP got on Drew Brees. All you need to do is get in his face, obstruct his throwing lanes, bite, scratch, & claw near his feet, & make him pay with a hard lick everytime he makes a completion downfield. Easier said than done I know, but it worked on Tom Brady in 2007. Brady was petrified of Osi & Michael Strahan by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Drew Brees is a machine. He won't be denied. You can't stop him. You can't contain him. You can only slow him down. He would have demolished the Patriots.

It's ironic how injuries at the wrong time can deflate SB dreams of glory. Once we lost Freeney in 2009, we were done. Without Pouncey calling protections for Big Ben, the Steelers were toast. Losing Gronk, Brady's security blanket really affected his mindset & completely changed the scope of that game. Well said Jules.

Yep. Thats why most of us often get wowed in the postseason. How often are our preseason calls always correct? Thats why I love this sport. It is sooooo much less predictable then the NBA. I mean whoopie. Heat and Thunder. How SHOCKING. Lebron and Durant are about as predictable as you can get for the finals.

Absolutely, so much has to fall in line to win it all. Good fortune, a good team, good health often at times.....at least no major injury to KEY players. Good coaching. Total team sport.

I think next years playoffs are gonna be a good one.

And yeah, Peyton vs. Rivers makes the AFC West so much more exciting. That division was getting pretty stale for a while.

Now if we can just pump up the AFC South excitement factor? lmao

Heat and Lakers next year, I'm calling it before the referees do. :P I hope that AFC West division gets a wild card. I wouldn't mind seeing those two quarterbacks duke it out in the postseason. But hey, that would decrease our Dark Horse Browns chances of getting in this year as well.

Heat and Lakers next year, I'm calling it before the referees do. :P I hope that AFC West division gets a wild card. I wouldn't mind seeing those two quarterbacks duke it out in the postseason. But hey, that would decrease our Dark Horse Browns chances of getting in this year as well.

Yep the NBA officiating sure is a beauty ain't it? Sigh.

Yes our Browns, hopefully a slot stays open for them as long as possible. (we might be waiting a decade so this is one big slot). I felt pretty badly actually in 2007 when we rested in the second half of the last game and TN got in over Cleveland. I apologize Cleveland. I apologize!!!! And the Titans of all teams too.

The Saints would have sliced up the NY Giants secondary. The question how much hits Osi, Tuck, Canty, & JPP got on Drew Brees. All you need to do is get in his face, obstruct his throwing lanes, bite, scratch, & claw near his feet, & make him pay with a hard lick everytime he makes a completion downfield. Easier said than done I know, but it worked on Tom Brady in 2007. Brady was petrified of Osi & Michael Strahan by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Drew Brees is a machine. He won't be denied. You can't stop him. You can't contain him. You can only slow him down. He would have demolished the Patriots.

It's ironic how injuries at the wrong time can deflate SB dreams of glory. Once we lost Freeney in 2009, we were done. Without Pouncey calling protections for Big Ben, the Steelers were toast. Losing Gronk, Brady's security blanket really affected his mindset & completely changed the scope of that game. Well said Jules.

You have to do to the Saints what the Niners did and shut down the run. And it worked but almost didn't. Brees still had 4 TDs but he did have 2 picks. Although the Saints D was pretty crappy too last season. Just overlooked a lot thanks to their offense.

Actually in the SB loss they didn't run all over us either. I think the sorry Colts run game actually had more yards for the entire Super Bowl then the Saints since Addai tore it up for a period in the game. Sad isn't it. The Colts truly got punked in that game. It was like the football Gods got together and asked how to torture us and they came up with key dropped passes, an onside kick, a missed FG and a pick 6. Woot.

Yep the NBA officiating sure is a beauty ain't it? Sigh.

Yes our Browns, hopefully a slot stays open for them as long as possible. (we might be waiting a decade so this is one big slot). I felt pretty badly actually in 2007 when we rested in the second half of the last game and TN got in over Cleveland. I apologize Cleveland. I apologize!!!! And the Titans of all teams too.

Hahaha now this is where I can relate to Cleveland. The Colts rested against the Jets in 2009 and my poor 9-7 team was left out lol. And of course, of all teams, it had to be the Titans. They didn't win though, did they? Teams that slip in like that can either be surprises, ala the Seahawks, or just plain sad lol. I have a feeling that the Titans were the latter. And the Heat got more calls than an AC company in a desert. I was nearly pulling my hair out of my head watching that series.

You have to do to the Saints what the Niners did and shut down the run. And it worked but almost didn't. Brees still had 4 TDs but he did have 2 picks. Although the Saints D was pretty crappy too last season. Just overlooked a lot thanks to their offense.

Actually in the SB loss they didn't run all over us either. I think the sorry Colts run game actually had more yards for the entire Super Bowl then the Saints since Addai tore it up for a period in the game. Sad isn't it. The Colts truly got punked in that game. It was like the football Gods got together and asked how to torture us and they came up with key dropped passes, an onside kick, a missed FG and a pick 6. Woot.

I was just talking about this with BrentMc11 today. How in the bleep does WR Hank Basket not catch the onside kick that dropped right in his hands with bleeping gloves on?!!! Excuse me while I scream & pull my hair out again. :pullhair: :cuss: :wall::no:

And then, Dwight Freeney's ankle was idle for too long at halftime....And then the fat lady was performing vocal scales in the bathroom....And the Lombardi Trophy slipped right through our fingers. :sigh:

Hahaha now this is where I can relate to Cleveland. The Colts rested against the Jets in 2009 and my poor 9-7 team was left out lol. And of course, of all teams, it had to be the Titans. They didn't win though, did they? Teams that slip in like that can either be surprises, ala the Seahawks, or just plain sad lol. I have a feeling that the Titans were the latter. And the Heat got more calls than an AC company in a desert. I was nearly pulling my hair out of my head watching that series.

Oops sorry bout that. Seems we have often victimized our AFC South rivals. And yeah in 2007 the Titans lose the following week to SD. Then a week later the Colts lost to SD. Sure worked out swell!lol I still cannot believe that they even TRIED an onside kick at that time.

Yeah, it was a brilliant move on Coach Payton's part. No argument there. Timing is everything right.

Of course I think Caldwell stood there when it was over like, "Erg. That halftime hot dog was excellent. Oh crap, this game is going down the tubes...where is my soda, has anyone seen my soda?. " haha rotflmao :lol:

Even worse I think was Matt Stover kicking the long FG. Yeah go ahead, give Brees a short field. lmao

You mean like "Shooting Fish In A Barrel" Jules? That's pretty much what Matt Stover did. Hook, line, and sinker. See below:

The one team I consistently worry about in this league is those Gold-helmeted bastages. Even this year, when they have all their drama, and we're playing them home, I wouldn't be surprised to get spanked.

Pfft. We beat them in the regular season with Gronk. I still stew over the bogus holding call that flagged in the first half of the SB that stopped the game from a potential blowout!