Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Reed and Q/Move Q TO LT (MERGE)

ruf

21 minutes ago, ruf said:

i agree that the 1st rd pick is gone . i do wish Fisher would turn back to his pro bowl self this season especially if we get into the playoffs, but as for now i think we would have a better chance to win when Q comes back to put him at LT and Reed at LG.

either way and especially if Fisher started to ball out we will not be able to keep him for next year without it hurting our D. we will not have many cb's signed for next year and we do need a shut down cb 

Cover 2 doesn't require shutdown corners, in my opinion...it requires a good pass rush, with decent corners. A good pass rush makes decent corners look good. It does require good play from the safety positions. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Cover 2 doesn't require shutdown corners, in my opinion...it requires a good pass rush, with decent corners. A good pass rush makes decent corners look good. It does require good play from the safety positions. 

Yes, It seems like we gave two SS... Blackmon is like Willis Light...we need a center fielder ball hawk FS still... and we need Dayo to be good...

On 10/4/2021 at 1:57 AM, chrisbeldridge said:

Q either needs to play LT or being willing to take less money.  We should not spend a ton of money on a LG.  I’d let him walk before I’d pay a ton for him to play LG.

Disagree. Q is worth whatever the market will bear. He's a rare HOF talent, and we're lucky to have him.  The personification of tough guy, bass-* football. 

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

I personally think our ultimate O line at this point would be Q at LT, Reed, Kelly, Glow, Smith

Wouldn't call it ultimate, but I think it's certainly possible that it's our best line up possible given the personnel we have at this moment.

18 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Interesting that 4 of the top 6 include a guy drafted in the 4th, one in the 5th, one in the 6th and an UDFA. 

Q is better than all of them (though Teller has really made a case the last year+ to be in that conversation). But paying $22-23M for a LG just seems really high. Going to be interesting to see what the final numbers look like when they do it.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Nope, too many sacks, penalties and getting pushed around a lot too.  

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/eric-fisher/7783  that is bad, you are being a biased homer.  that isnt even close to decent

Name calling really?  I could just as easily just call you a biased hater.  What’s the going to accomplish?  Nothing.

Think what you want to think.  I have acknowledged more than once Fisher is playing decently, not good and sure as heck not great and that I don’t think he’s the long term answer at LT and that they might very well go in a different direction after the season.  If you think that makes me a homer fine I don’t really care.

My objection to your first statement was the not a defense because I some how love Fisher, I don’t.  It was objecting to the idea that they have to move Nelson to LT when he gets his big contract.  They don’t.  They will have other options and that doesn’t mean Fisher will be one of them.  

There is a level between good and awful.  AC was good.  Davenport was awful.  Fisher is clearly not as good as AC was right now but he’s also not as bad as Davenport.  The word someone else used was serviceable, I said decent.  Either way he’s in the middle.  He’s not playing great but he’s also helping to block for an effective running game at the moment and doing better in the passing game than Davenport was.  So in other words it could be worse.

As for this year you can want them to move Nelson all you want but Reich shut that down in camp so while you may want it or think it’s for the best they aren’t going to do it.  So like him or not Fisher is the guy.  Again, that’s not because I so how love Fisher, that’s just understanding what the team is going to do.

It’s clear you disagree with that approach and that’s fine.  However, saying every chance you get isn’t going to make it happen.  No one who gets a say in that decision is going to run to the forum to see what the fans want them to do.  We get what you want and feel free to want what you want, but saying it over and over isn’t going to make it happen.  

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

We get what you want and feel free to want what you want, but saying it over and over isn’t going to make it happen.  

Yeah but I can still post it on the forums.  If you dont like it then you can ignore and not quote me over and over again.  You guys really want me to stop saying this for some reason 

15 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

you are correct and i think that is what the colts has been trying to establish by using high picks (2nd rd's) on Ben, Lewis, Dayo and Turay and even a 1st rounder this year but although we do have to give them some time to develop (and i'm mostly speaking of this recent draft) its seems as though what we have is NOT giving us the  expected pass rush (Lewis, Turay and Ben).we may have to move on from Lewis and Turay.

so with that said we maybe should pay a ton of money to a already proven DE and work with what we have in the defensive backfield

once again going back to the Topic of moving Q to LT to safe cap space for "said" DE 

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Name calling really?  I could just as easily just call you a biased hater.  What’s the going to accomplish?  Nothing.

Think what you want to think.  I have acknowledged more than once Fisher is playing decently, not good and sure as heck not great and that I don’t think he’s the long term answer at LT and that they might very well go in a different direction after the season.  If you think that makes me a homer fine I don’t really care.

My objection to your first statement was the not a defense because I some how love Fisher, I don’t.  It was objecting to the idea that they have to move Nelson to LT when he gets his big contract.  They don’t.  They will have other options and that doesn’t mean Fisher will be one of them.  

There is a level between good and awful.  AC was good.  Davenport was awful.  Fisher is clearly not as good as AC was right now but he’s also not as bad as Davenport.  The word someone else used was serviceable, I said decent.  Either way he’s in the middle.  He’s not playing great but he’s also helping to block for an effective running game at the moment and doing better in the passing game than Davenport was.  So in other words it could be worse.

As for this year you can want them to move Nelson all you want but Reich shut that down in camp so while you may want it or think it’s for the best they aren’t going to do it.  So like him or not Fisher is the guy.  Again, that’s not because I so how love Fisher, that’s just understanding what the team is going to do.

It’s clear you disagree with that approach and that’s fine.  However, saying every chance you get isn’t going to make it happen.  No one who gets a say in that decision is going to run to the forum to see what the fans want them to do.  We get what you want and feel free to want what you want, but saying it over and over isn’t going to make it happen.  

i think two ways about this yes you are right they will do whatever they want and we don't have a say but also it is worth discussing.

can the powers to be (coaches) make a mistake and change their minds.

for example: we face the 49ers next week. what do you think is the best approach to take?

A----If Q can come back healthy to bench Reed (who is playing well) or

B----To bench Fisher (who is not playing well due to not enough time from injury)

our best chance to win would be to bench Fisher and have Q and Reed on the left side going against Bosa and that 9er DL----

would you agree or disagree? just curious

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Something no one has mentioned with Pryor playing well what if smith was moved to LT. Maybe not this season but maybe next season. Would help offset some money. 

very good point but maybe Pryor may be better with the speed rushers it seems Smith has trouble with them and that is all he would be facing if he moved to the left side

6 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Something no one has mentioned with Pryor playing well what if smith was moved to LT. Maybe not this season but maybe next season. Would help offset some money. 

If we retain Nelson we have to fix left tackle internally..

Pryor

Smith 

Nelson

are my canidates...Fisher has got to atleast show some improvement soon or he needs moved to RT or benched...

53 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If we retain Nelson we have to fix left tackle internally..

Pryor

Smith 

Nelson

are my canidates...Fisher has got to atleast show some improvement soon or he needs moved to RT or benched...

agree with this

I'm glad Pryor is getting some love. I've been paying particular attention in him during these games and in pass blocking anyway, he's playing better than Smith did. He can plant himself quickly to handle a power move, yet nimble enough to follow a speed rusher. He has that knack of swallowing up a rusher. Based on his sampling size, which is small, I think he's earned the right to start. If he keeps this up, maybe try Smith at LT. 

2 hours ago, cbear said:

I'm glad Pryor is getting some love. I've been paying particular attention in him during these games and in pass blocking anyway, he's playing better than Smith did. He can plant himself quickly to handle a power move, yet nimble enough to follow a speed rusher. He has that knack of swallowing up a rusher. Based on his sampling size, which is small, I think he's earned the right to start. If he keeps this up, maybe try Smith at LT. 

something worth watching

Archived