Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Reed and Q/Move Q TO LT (MERGE)

ruf

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

It's a need because we have been really bad a It and it's an important position.

They are lucky to have so many bottom feeders on the schedule now though

No they haven’t,  they were really bad when Davenport was in there.  Since Fisher has come back other a couple of plays a game (which would happen to AC too) they have been decent.  Again Wentz isn’t running for his life back there and playing really well and the ground game is rounding into shape.  You don’t do that with a really bad LT, especially when you run behind the left side most of the time.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

No they haven’t,  they were really bad when Davenport was in there.  Since Fisher has come back other a couple of plays a game (which would happen to AC too) they have been decent.  Again Wentz isn’t running for his life back there and playing really well and the ground game is rounding into shape.  You don’t do at with a really bad LT.

We played the Texans, he didn't have a good game either

Just now, BlackTiger said:

We played the Texans, he didn't have a good game either

He had some ugly flags other than that he played fine.  He also played fine last week and the week before that.  Again, he’s had two or three bad plays a game.  That happens to almost every LT in the league.  It’s not the jail break it was when Davenport was in there.

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Amazing how much loyalty there is for Fisher in here.  You don't see that with most one year free agents that play like he has

It’s amazing how much of a hater you are of him.  See it works both ways.  It’s not loyalty just because people don’t see things the way you do.  

It's not hate, he just isn't playing well.  We can talk about stuff like this on the colts forum.  Imo he's not earning that spot

You can disagree but nobody has said anything to change my mind.  I watched him play

Your opinion.  I disagree but my opinion doesn’t matter.  What does matter is the Colts opinion and theirs seems to be he’s been ok.  

Your opinion.  I disagree but my opinion doesn’t matter.  What does matter is the Colts opinion and theirs seems to be he’s been ok.  

Yeah and I'm posting that disagree with that.  I can have my own opinion separate from what the team thinks or does

It's like you guys want me to stop saying this.  Sorry but the forum is here for us to post how we feel.  I'm not stopping no matter how many of you disagree

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Amazing how much loyalty there is for Fisher in here.  You don't see that with most one year free agents that play like he has

Colts fans know he is a stud left tackle when he is healthy.  They are behind him as he is working himself back into shape from his injury.  He came back earlier than expected.  Look at Dayo.  Still out.  He has shown improvement every week.  That’s all you can expect at this point in the season.  Fans are behind him and have faith he can come back.  That’s all there is to it. 

Yeah and I'm posting that disagree with that.  I can have my own opinion separate from what the team thinks or does

It's like you guys want me to stop saying this.  Sorry but the forum is here for us to post how we feel.  I'm not stopping no matter how many of you disagree

Didn’t say you couldn’t however just like mine it doesn’t really matter.  Still you are entitled to your opinion which goes back to my original point, Nelson being moved to tackle is something you want it’s not something that needs to happen.  There is clearly another option and the Colts are using it.  You wanting something or having an opinion different from the team doesn’t make it a need.

Didn’t say you couldn’t however just like mine it doesn’t really matter.  Still you are entitled to your opinion which goes back to my original point, Nelson being moved to tackle is something you want it’s not something that needs to happen.  There is clearly another option and the Colts are using it.  You wanting something or having an opinion different from the team doesn’t make it a need.

I already know how you feel.  Do you really want to argue over the word need?  He's been bad and that makes it a need to me

If you want to be really pedantic it wasn't a need when Davenport was in there.  We had 11 guys on the field, that's all they really NEED even if he's bad

11 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

It's not hate, he just isn't playing well.  We can talk about stuff like this on the colts forum.  Imo he's not earning that spot

You can disagree but nobody has said anything to change my mind.  I watched him play

He has earned the starting spot merely because every other option that has played has been worse.  Many don't seem to see that.

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I already know how you feel.  Do you really want to argue over the word need?  He's been bad and that makes it a need to me

If you want to be really pedantic it wasn't a need when Davenport was in there.  We had 11 guys on the field, that's all they really NEED even if he's bad

And again you wanting something isn’t a need.  You want it again there is a difference.  I’d also add you are letting your want cloud your judgement on how things are really going.

Lastly, I know how you feel as well.  If you really wanted this to stop you could stop replying to my posts.  

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

He has earned the starting spot merely because every other option that has played has been worse.  Many don't seem to see that.

I would love to see Q there.  You get tons of resistance for saying that around here, I guess I can live with that

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And again you wanting something isn’t a need.  You want it again there is a difference.  I’d also add you are letting your want cloud your judgement on how things are really going.

His playing badly is what makes it a need.  Has nothing to do with me wanting something, it's a real problem for the team

His playing badly is what makes it a need.  Has nothing to do with me wanting something, it's a real problem for the team

Except he’s not.  That’s you wanting this clouding your judgement.  You are exaggerating his play to suit your argument.  If he was bad Wentz would be running for his life and not playing nearly as well as he has been and Taylor wouldn’t have rushed for over 100 yards in two of the last three games and been over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage in the last three games when he mostly runs behind the left side.  He’s been average.  I’ll concede he hasn’t been as good as some people thought he would be, which I thought was an unrealistic expectation to start with, but he’s been a long away from bad.  Davenport was bad.  That’s bad.  Fisher has been down right good compared to Davenport.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Except he’s not.  That’s you wanting this clouding your judgement.  You are exaggerating his play to suit your argument.  If he was bad Wentz would be running for his life and not playing nearly as well as he has been and Taylor wouldn’t have rushed for over 100 yards in two of the last three games and been over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage in the last three games when he mostly runs behind the left side.  He’s been average.  I’ll concede he hasn’t been as good as some people thought he would be, which I thought was an unrealistic expectation to start with, but he’s been a long away from bad.  Davenport was bad.  That’s bad.  Fisher has been down right good compared to Davenport.

He has been bad though,  your standard is too low

The player grading sites agree with me over you.  If you are going to be a biased homer than I can't change your mind.  A lot of analysts and links agree with me

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

He has been bad though,  your standard is too low

The player grading sites agree with me over you

Player grade sights and way over rated and if Wentz playing like he has been, Taylor going off, and winning two of the last three games and dominating three of the four quarters in the other is bad I’ll gladly take that.  Fisher hasn’t been nearly as bad as you want him to be.  He’s been average.  

57 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He had some ugly flags other than that he played fine.  He also played fine last week and the week before that.  Again, he’s had two or three bad plays a game.  That happens to almost every LT in the league.  It’s not the jail break it was when Davenport was in there.

You’re right, it wasn’t near as bad as Davenport but there were several plays where Fisher got straight bull rushed backwards right into Wentz or the ball carrier. Sometimes Wentz and Co managed to avoid it, other times, not so much. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

You’re right, it wasn’t near as bad as Davenport but there were several plays where Fisher got straight bull rushed backwards right into Wentz or the ball carrier. Sometimes Wentz and Co managed to avoid it, other times, not so much. 

I think we tend to remember the bad plays for linemen more than good ones.  I am not going to say there couldn’t be upgrade over Fisher at seasons end, I’ve gone on record saying I don’t think he’s the long term answer.  I also don’t think he’s been as bad as some are making it seem like out there.  If you listen to some he’s playing like Davenport was.  He’s not, he’s been average.  He’s not great but he’s also not awful.  I don’t think he’s been so bad they need explore moving their all world left guard to tackle in the middle of the season though.  Honestly getting the all world guard back will probably help him.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think we tend to remember the bad plays for linemen more than good ones.  I am not going to say there couldn’t be upgrade over Fisher at seasons end, I’ve gone on record saying I don’t think he’s the long term answer.  I also don’t think he’s been as bad as some are making it seem like out there.  If you listen to some he’s playing like Davenport was.  He’s not, he’s been average.  He’s not great but he’s also not awful.  I don’t think he’s been so bad they need explore moving their all world left guard to tackle in the middle of the season though.  Honestly getting the all world guard back will probably help him.

possibly. I’m not disagreeing with you. I actually agree. He’s been serviceable but that’s about it. Which is kind of disappointing on one hand. At least for me. But again, he may not be 100 percent back from injury yet. 

Just now, csmopar said:

possibly. I’m not disagreeing with you. I actually agree. He’s been serviceable but that’s about it. Which is kind of disappointing on one hand. At least for me. But again, he may not be 100 percent back from injury yet. 

Yeah I am with you serviceable is a good word for it.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fisher has played very poorly. Not just a few plays here or there. Guys were killing him on the regular, and that's just not how he looked last year in pass pro. He gave up 4 sacks in 4 games too. Add in 3 penalties too which is just not good for a vet.

You can also look at his grading. He's grading out in the 40s, which is just plain bad. That's not just bad like "gave up a sack" level bad, that's bad like he got pushed around a lot. Average would be like Glow who is mostly in the 60s. I didn't watch him that closely today, so won't comment on the this week, but I did see the trip that they replayed, and a few other plays where he looked bad. It's true that the bad plays stick out, but he simply has more sticking out than a lot of players.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well they aren’t going to try it so again you may want it but it’s not going to happen.  So again it’s something you want them to do not something they need to do.

who knows if they WILL do it. but most people know that it NEEDS to be done

No they haven’t,  they were really bad when Davenport was in there.  Since Fisher has come back other a couple of plays a game (which would happen to AC too) they have been decent.  Again Wentz isn’t running for his life back there and playing really well and the ground game is rounding into shape.  You don’t do that with a really bad LT, especially when you run behind the left side most of the time.

Because Reed is a beast next to him. He is better than Davenport and that's it. Pryor could probably perform better than Fisher RN. He has shown no signs of improvement...

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Colts fans know he is a stud left tackle when he is healthy.  They are behind him as he is working himself back into shape from his injury.  He came back earlier than expected.  Look at Dayo.  Still out.  He has shown improvement every week.  That’s all you can expect at this point in the season.  Fans are behind him and have faith he can come back.  That’s all there is to it. 

no its not all there is to it. we had this rookie qb today (although we won big) complete 70 some % of his passes. we need a big time FA cb and a better pass rush.

even if we win the division this year we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs . if a rookie qb can complete 70 or more % of his passes what on earth will happen when we meet KC or the Bills or any of the other afc playoff teams. 

we can't put all of our cap space on the OL (i do wish Fisher would get back to form)

No it doesn’t. Fans WANT it done.  Them wanting it doesn’t make it a need.

The need is for a decent tackle, nobody said it has to be nelson.  You are confused if you thought thats what I meant by need.  I just want to see Q try it

Fisher can't keep playing like this

44 minutes ago, ruf said:

no its not all there is to it. we had this rookie qb today (although we won big) complete 70 some % of his passes. we need a big time FA cb and a better pass rush.

even if we win the division this year we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs . if a rookie qb can complete 70 or more % of his passes what on earth will happen when we meet KC or the Bills or any of the other afc playoff teams. 

we can't put all of our cap space on the OL (i do wish Fisher would get back to form)

I was just talking about Fisher and you take your reply to a complete different direction.  Totally off my post.  Good grief!

17 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

The need is for a decent tackle, nobody said it has to be nelson.  You are confused if you thought thats what I meant by need.  I just want to see Q try it

Fisher can't keep playing like this

Fisher is playing like a decent tackle.  You are wanting a really good to great tackle which would be great but they aren’t going to find one in the middle of the season and they don’t seem interested in moving Nelson so for better or worse Fisher is the guy at least for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I was just talking about Fisher and you take your reply to a complete different direction.  Totally off my post.  Good grief!

ok sorry about that. it just that a big part of my thoughts is that we would not have the cap space to improve the D if we resign both Fisher and Q to large contracts.

26 minutes ago, ruf said:

ok sorry about that. it just that a big part of my thoughts is that we would not have the cap space to improve the D if we resign both Fisher and Q to large contracts.

I am not sure they are going to re-sign Fisher at this point.  They may sign someone else, make a trade, or even draft someone in the second round (baring injury the first round pick is gone).

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure they are going to re-sign Fisher at this point.  They may sign someone else, make a trade, or even draft someone in the second round (baring injury the first round pick is gone).

i agree that the 1st rd pick is gone . i do wish Fisher would turn back to his pro bowl self this season especially if we get into the playoffs, but as for now i think we would have a better chance to win when Q comes back to put him at LT and Reed at LG.

either way and especially if Fisher started to ball out we will not be able to keep him for next year without it hurting our D. we will not have many cb's signed for next year and we do need a shut down cb 

Archived