Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Dolphins, October 3rd, 2021, 1PM ET

NFLfan

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm pretty sure Sendejo messed up his coverage, looks like Leonard was yelling at him, but this is just my guess.

I did not realize that Sendejo was a Colts. Andrew? Is he responsible for some of the Colts injuries? That guy is like a missile.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• The closer it is to Draft Day, the more I want the Colts to give up whatever it takes to get MHJ. Hope that Irsay feels the same.  
    • It's also Steichen's first off-season with all the time dedicated since the end of last season to work with Ballard.   It just might be that the Colts free agents of this year were deemed important for them, while other teams had chance to get any of them except Pittman on the first day of the free agency but none of the other 31 NFL teams went all-in on guys like Moore, Stewart or Blackmon to give more than what Colts would offer. So, most of them returned.   We'll also need to see more years with the same coaching staff to find if there's any pattern. 
    • I thought Colts spent 200 million on retaining in-house free agents, reading what Stephen Holder tried to preach.... 
    • It was a huge reversal this year.  But it wasn’t because he just wanted to try something different.  He changed because for the first time he liked the players he had on his roster more than any of the replacements he could have brought in.  That’s a big statement in itself.  Continuity does matter.  Shane even said the same thing.  All they did was make a couple of changes in position coaches.  That’s it pretty much.  They are going all in with the current roster along with the return of AR and JT for the year.  Shane and Ballard are on the same page here.  If Shane wanted to change out some players I think he would have pushed for it and Ballard would have done it.  They are two happy and confident people right now with the draft in front of them.  Don’t be surprised if they reverse themselves in the draft as well.  I can see them moving up in the 1st rd if they really feel adding a certain player can make them more explosive.  No more same old same old.  Those days are over.  Ballard doesn’t have forever. He has his quarterback and his coach.  When this draft and offseason is over.  I think the Colts will be locked and loaded and ready to go.
    • I know, this is really weird.  My contributing to a thread that I've already complained about twice. But -- I'm an analyst by trade.  And I was looking at a really peculiar thing.  Chris Ballard did an incredible turnabout this year, when it comes to free agents.  Not saying it's good.  Or that it's better.  But that it's DIFFERENT.  Very Different. Here's some compiled yearly Free Agent stats from Sportrac:   2020 Free agents signed from other teams:  8 agents for $34.5mm / $4.3mm per year / highest: QB Rivers $25mm 1 yr Free agents to other teams:  10 agents for $26.2mm / $2.4mm per year / highest: TE Ebron $12mm 1 yr / 1 of 10 drafted by Colts Free agents retained:  2 agents for $2.0mm / $1.0mm per year / highest: OT Clark $1.2mm 1 yr / 1 of 2 drafted by Colts 2021 Free agents signed from other teams:  12 agents for $22.2mm / $1.8mm per year / highest: OT Fisher $8.4mm 1 yr Free agents to other teams:  9 agents for $36.8mm / $3.3mm per year / highest: DE Autry $21.5mm 3 yr / 3 of 9 drafted by Colts Free agents retained: 5 agents for $16.0mm / $3.2mm per year / highest: WR Hilton $8mm 1 yr / 2 of 5 drafted by Colts 2022 Free agents signed from other teams:  14 agents for $42.2mm / $2.7mm per year / highest: CB Gilmore $22mm 2 yr Free agents to other teams:  14 agents for $54.5mm / $2.7mm per year / highest: OG Glowinski $18.3 3 yr / 3 of 14 drafted by Colts Free agents retained:  NONE 2023 Free agents signed from other teams:  14 agents for $64.4mm / $3.4mm per year / highest: DE Ebukam $24mm 3 yr Free agents to other teams:  13 agents for $71.7mm / $4.3mm per year / highest: LB Okereke $40mm 4 yr / 4 of 13 drafted by Colts Free agents retained:  2 agents for $15.2mm / $3.8mm per year / highest: LB Speed $8mm 2 yr / 1 of 2 drafted by Colts 2024 Free agents signed from other teams:  2 agents for $18.5mm / $6.1mm per year / highest: DT Davis $14mm 2 yr Free agents to other teams:  5 agents for $36.8mm / $5.3mm per year / highest: QB Minshew $25mm 2 yr / 0 drafted by Colts Free agents retained:  10 agents for $93.9mm / $6.3mm per year / highest: DT Stewart $39mm 3 yr / 4 of 10 drafted by Colts   Instead of signing free agents from other teams, and allowing our players to leave, Ballard had a 100% reversal, signing our own players the kind of money they would have gotten from other teams, and retaining them instead.  This isn't just a reversal, it's a HUGE reversal.  Almost as if Ballard said, "Well, the plan of not paying our own players didn't work out.  Let's try retaining them all, and giving them the money they want.  Let's see how this works!"
  • Members

• OLD FAN MAN

OLD FAN MAN 1,258

• adubb84

adubb84 1,334

• IinD

IinD 4,445

• Zoltan

Zoltan 3,164

• stitches

stitches 19,156