Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Dolphins, October 3rd, 2021, 1PM ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Welcome to the Colts Mr Wentz. I didn’t recognize you before because we only allow winners on our franchise. You are now officially the Colts QB. Time to put the league on notice in Baltimore next Monday. 

well, I wouldn't goo THAT far, but....yeah.

haha

• Haha 1

Just now, coming on strong said:

people were to quick to give up on wentz he had foot surgery and sprained both ankles badly .  plus he had zero offseason with a new team .  look how bad mahomes looked against us when he sprained his ankle .

Never understood the hate for Carson this year.  Towards coaching, OL, health....sure....Ballard...ok.... But Wentz? Nah

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

people were to quick to give up on wentz he had foot surgery and sprained both ankles badly .  plus he had zero offseason with a new team .  look how bad mahomes looked against us when he sprained his ankle .

He was playing bad football at the most important position. We didn’t need him to be superman. We just needed him to be clutch when it mattered most. Today he was for the most part. Dolphins were terrible but this should do wonders for Wentz confidence. 

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned and unfeatured this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• To me with QBs it's kind of a binary proposition - if you hit, it doesn't matter what it costs, it's a huge success... and if you don't hit - again - it doesn't matter what it costs - it's a failure.    I also don't believe the destiny for most QBs is predetermined. I think there is some chunk of QBs that will succeed no matter what, no matter the situation(pretty much Luck types) and then there are some that will fail no matter what(don't have the physical and/or mental abilities to push through difficult times and development)... BUT IMO there is a BIG chunk of QBs that have wide range of outcomes that are dependent on their environment and the culture in the organization they end up in. This means that a lot of the players we are counting as busts, IMO in a different situation might have ended up different QBs. And if there is something Ballard and Reich have managed to ace IMO it's the culture and structure aspect of running this franchise. IMO we have one of the stronger organizations in that aspect in the league and I like Frank as a QB coach. In essence, I trust in  this coach and this situation to be able to develop a QB more than most in the league. And again - there is no guarantee, but I feel like the Jordan Love's, Justin Fields, Trey Lance's, Malik Willis' of the world would have a good shot to succeed in this environment. 
    • From the practices sessions and breakdowns have been reading it seems Wesley French has been winning and holding his own.  Knew he had a high RAS and 81" wing span and was one of my favorite UDFA players.  Keeping French as the backup Center makes a lot of sense to me with Pinter earning starter play at RG.  Will Fries has done nothing to impress and even Smith is having some troubles at RT, again what I have read posted good/bad from practice sessions.  Matt Pryor has been doing well but still a lot of backup OL players needing to step up imo.
    • Reich said they may hold a few guys out.  I think you won’t see much or any of Taylor, Buckner, maybe Gilmore.  Guys they know will be fine and you are taking a bigger risk with injury than it’s worth.  Even if he returns to action before the end of the pre-season I doubt you see Leonard.     id say you won’t see Nelson or Kelly but if Matt Ryan is out there (and he needs to be) I think the whole starting line is out there.  
    • Did any women make civil or criminal complaints against Kraft?  
    • That's why he probably has not been able to stick with  a team. Sure he gets 10 sacks  but man at that weight how can we expect him to be good  against the run? I mean a good TE could stone wall him lol.
  • Members

• jshipp23

jshipp23 400

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 5,178

• Zoltan

Zoltan 1,662

• Solid84

Solid84 729

• Introspect

Introspect 263

• Kirie89