Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Before everyone jumps off the cliff......

CR91

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's just week 1. Breathe. We have been through this 7 times before. We'll be fine.

I would agree with a close loss. Not this one lol

Seeing how we lost, and seeing the same old things that are predictable, is what bothers most.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans got smoked at home to the Cards, Bills lost at home, Rodgers is down 17-0, and teh Chiefs are even losing to the Browns =- this what I think of it Season 4 Falling GIF by The Simpsons

I mean, that's nice and all. But I don't really care about those teams.....

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's just week 1. Breathe. We have been through this 7 times before. We'll be fine.

Doesn’t it get old though? Our coaches and staff and players can talk allllll they want about how important and serious it is to win the season opening game and gives the fans a win. But talking and actually doing it are far and away two different things. It’s like this team has a week 1 playbook, and then a week 2-17 playbook. 

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

In general I would agree. Typical rule is teams see their biggest week to week improvement from week 1 to week 2. But let's make no mistake, winning next week is paramount, considering the general odds on making the playoffs with an 0-2 start

Positives from the game:

- Wentz looked good and didn't freelance and heroball even though he had all the excuses in the world to do it. He executed the plan.

- The OL can't get much worse... can it? One of the worst performances I've seen from them last 3 years. It will get better with the return of Fisher. Hopefully much better. 

- The defense... nah, sorry... I can't do this. Nothing positive about that defense. Remember that thread about the Colts being top 3 defense in the league? :lol: That's hilarious. If we are average over the season, I'd be happy. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I would agree with a close loss. Not this one lol

Seeing how we lost, and seeing the same old things that are predictable, is what bothers most.

I mean, that's nice and all. But I don't really care about those teams.....

Every game matters, I get what you are saying, we need to take care of business period that is most important. If the Titans lose and other teams in the AFC lose that helps us out in the long run though. We can't win them all. There were a lot of people in here bragging about Tennessee and how Julio was Moss and Tannehill was great, how did that work out today lmao . It is only 1 game for them but it is only 1 game for us. Hardly nobody in here had us winning the division as they had Tennessee with Ryan 'Brady' and Julio 'Moss' being unbeatable :banana:

• CR91 changed the title to Before everyone jumps off the cliff......
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every game matters, I get what you are saying, we need to take care of business period that is most important. If the Titans lose and other teams in the AFC lose that helps us out in the long run though. We can't win them all. There were a lot of people in here bragging about Tennessee and how Julio was Moss and Tannehill was great, how did that work out today lmao . It is only 1 game for them but it is only 1 game for us. Hardly nobody in here had us winning the division as they had Tennessee with Ryan 'Brady' and Julio 'Moss' being unbeatable :banana:

Does what the Titans do really make a difference to you after a bad loss by the Colts?

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Good thoughts.   Appreciate it. 

I hope to have a somewhat similar post coming in the next 24 hours.  

Better days ahead.        :thmup:

I picked us to win today but I still think we will be ok. These first 5 games are very tough. If we can beat Tennessee in week 3 we will be in good shape.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Does what the Titans do really make a difference to you after a bad loss by the Colts?

Yes it does, they are in our division, when they lose that helps us out. Not sure why you don't understand that? We went 11-5 last year but so did they and they won the division, had they been 10-6 we win the division and are a 3 seed. I already agreed with you that the way we play matters most and we need to get better to win games but yes when Tennessee loses that helps and I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

This is week 1 of the season but not Week 1 of Reich/Ballards tenure. This team does not appear to be much better, especially defensively. Im willing to give the OL a pass with the issues of missed time in the summer and a fill in left tackle. 

I remember when ppl were calling Eberflus a genius and head coach in waiting. This defense and scheme continues to underwhelm 

Yes it does, they are in our division, when they lose that helps us out. Not sure why you don't understand that? We went 11-5 last year but so did they and they won the division, had they been 10-6 we win the division and are a 3 seed. I already agreed with you that the way we play matters most and we need to get better to win games but yes when Tennessee loses that helps and I doubt anyone would dise with that.

When we lose, I think about why we lost. I don't try to deflect to something for distraction's sake.

TN losing helps our standings, and that's great, but aside from AFCS long term situation, it's only a passing thought. I'm much more concerned with righting our ship, and winning G2.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

When we lose, I think about why we lost. I don't try to deflect to something for distraction's sake.

TN losing helps our standings, and that's great, but aside from AFCS long term situation, it's only a passing thought. I'm much more concerned with righting our ship, and winning G2.

I am concerned about all of it. I know why we lost, I watched the game. Our Secondary gave up big pass plays and our O.line played like this chicken nuggets toilet GIF

They'd better win 2 of the first 5, with 1 L all ready settled or even entertaining a backdoor playoff run is going to be futile. They have to show they can play with playoff teams. They didn't today. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am concerned about all of it. I know why we lost, I watched the game. Our Secondary gave up big pass plays and our O.line played like this chicken nuggets toilet GIF

That gif.. wow... 

I laughed

It actually surprises me every time I see people blame our defense? 

Just because the result is a good day for Wilson doesn't mean our defense failed. Our D put together a string of stops in the second half of the game. Metkalf was shut out nearly.

The biggest gripe with the defense was the fact that Moore was not covering Lockett on either of his long catches. (We swapped away from this some in the second half).

The defense did everything they needed to do today for us to win. Our offensive playcalling was terrible for the first 80 percent of the game. The pass blocking was horrid. The vision by the backs was bad for most of the game. The offensive line had its worst game in the last 4 years. 

It was not our defenses fault. That's for sure. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Those were not the only issues. You seem to ignore the coaching/scheme deficiency on both sides. Like I said, even the local radio guys who are historically uber pro-coaching we're talking about coaching and play calls on both sides all game.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They'd better win 2 of the first 5, with 1 L all ready settled or even entertaining a backdoor playoff run is going to be futile. They have to show they can play with playoff teams. They didn't today. 

That gif.. wow... 

I laughed

Yeah that is good stuff haha . If we can beat Tennessee and maybe beat the Dolphins and go 2-3 we will be fine, beating Tennessee is crucial. After that we should be clicking and the schedule is easier.

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Just because the result is a good day for Wilson doesn't mean our defense failed. Our D put together a string of stops in the second half of the game. Metkalf was shut out nearly.

The biggest gripe with the defense was the fact that Moore was not covering Lockett on either of his long catches. (We swapped away from this some in the second half).

The defense did everything they needed to do today for us to win. Our offensive playcalling was terrible for the first 80 percent of the game. The pass blocking was horrid. The vision by the backs was bad for most of the game. The offensive line had its worst game in the last 4 years. 

Both sides contributed to the loss.    If Carroll wanted to put the foot on the gas we would have lost by forty. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Those were not the only issues. You seem to ignore the coaching/scheme deficiency on both sides. Like I said, even the local radio guys who are historically uber pro-coaching we're talking about coaching and play calls on both sides all game.

Reich was conservative today for good reason, Wentz has been out for weeks. If our O.Line was playing good like they normally do, he would've had Wentz throw deep more. I fully believe that. Wentz had no time to throw. JT couldn't get in a flow because we fell behind 14-3. Here is a question, why didn't Mack play?? I like many have no idea why.

When Sirianni left I wasn't concerned.  I am not going to be worried at all if Flus leaves after this year.  Letting one of their top receivers get behind a two deep zone coverage twice is inexcusable.  Not being able to even partially contain an excellent scrambling QB is inexcusable.  Thoroughly out coached on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

When Sirianni left I wasn't concerned.  I am not going to be worried at all if Flus leaves after this year.  Letting one of their top receivers get behind a two deep zone coverage twice is inexcusable.  Not being able to even partially contain an excellent scrambling QB is inexcusable.  Thoroughly out coached on both sides of the ball.

The coaching did make the safeties take horrible angles.   

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich was conservative today for good reason, Wentz has been out for weeks. If our O.Line was playing good like they normally do, he would've had Wentz throw deep more. I fully believe that. Wentz had no time to throw. JT couldn't get in a flow because we fell behind 14-3. Here is a question, why didn't Mack play?? I like many have no idea why.

Who is saying we needed to throw deep more?

Reich is mostly conservative except for 4th down calls.

Again, you're in the minority thinking there is nothing wrong with the play calling (not just the 4th down calls). The radio guys don't normally filet him like they did today. He's getting torched on twitter too. How many comments on this board have made the point?

Sometimes a duck is a duck.. 

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

The defense allowed 6 yards per carry to RBs, allowed 18/23 completions for Wilson(over 10 yards per attempt) and 4TDs. I don't know what you mean. Sure... we got a couple of stops in the second and a turnover, but it's kind of hard to not get a few stops if you play 4 quarters of football. Just by pure chance it will happen at some point. This is not the mark of a good defense. We couldn't stop the run, we couldn't stop the passing game, we allowed several big time plays and couldn't hold in the red zone. If this defense plays like this over the season, we are going nowhere fast.... 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Sirianni didn't call plays, so him leaving didn't change much.... 

But boy Sirianni's own play calling today looked good... 

Perhaps we can trade with Philly?

15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Run D stunk.

Pass D stunk...

look at the AVG yards per carry, our missed tackles, etc..

look at the completion % we allowed, and dumb C2 coverage calls they exploited...

Our D always looks good when our opponent is up and playing conservative late in the game... 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Who is saying we needed to throw deep more?

Reich is mostly conservative except for 4th down calls.

Again, you're in the minority thinking there is nothing wrong with the play calling (not just the 4th down calls). The radio guys don't normally filet him like they did today. He's getting torched on twitter too. How many comments on this board have made the point?

Sometimes a duck is a duck.. 

Well the radio guys should bring Chuck back then who couldn't call an offensive play to save his life lmao . Chuck was great man (average coach because he could motivate players) but Reich is a better coach. Record wise Chuck was awesome but he had Andrew Luck for 3 years at his best. Hell lets bring Grigson back and get rid of Ballard for that matter haha .  I like Reich and his gambling ways. We just disagree. It happens. 

I didn't say you said anything about not throwing deep but you do say Reich is conservative so I brought that up.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well the radio guys should bring Chuck back then who couldn't call an offensive play to save his life lmao . Chuck was a great man (average coach because he could motivate players) but Reich is a better coach. Record wise Chuck was awesome but he had Andrew Luck for 3 years at his best. Hell lets bring Grigson back and get rid of Ballard for that matter haha .  I like Reich and his gambling ways. We just disagree. It happens. 

I didn't say you said anything about not throwing deep but you do say Reich is conservative so I brought that up.

To add to this why don't you blame Eburflus for his crappy D scheme. That isn't on Reich.

Well the radio guys should bring Chuck back then who couldn't call an offensive play to save his life lmao . Chuck was great man (average coach because he could motivate players) but Reich is a better coach. Record wise Chuck was awesome but he had Andrew Luck for 3 years at his best. Hell lets bring Grigson back and get rid of Ballard for that matter haha .  I like Reich and his gambling ways. We just disagree. It happens. 

The radio guys have been very pro-Reich... they go out of their way not to be critical of him.... so for them to change their tune today.... you follow?

We don't need to deflect to Pagano, Griggson, or Titans... There's no deflecting bad lol

Hurts....but we got pushed around in the trenches, which was surprising to me.  Everything behind the trenches became collateral damage on both sides of the ball.

Some positives for me:

- Wentz is tough, accurate, and has some ability to improvise.

- Our backs were able to find some yards that just weren’t there.

- Our receivers made some tough catches.

- I was back in Lucas Oil Stadium on a Sunday afternoon!

Seattle’s not a team to start a season against while trying to shake off the rust.  Coach and QB are entering their 10th season together.  We’ll get better. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

The radio guys have been very pro-Reich... they go out of their way not to be critical of him.... so for them to change their tune today.... you follow?

We don't need to deflect to Pagano, Griggson, or Titans... There's no deflecting bad lol

It's not deflecting, why can't I be happy that the Titans loss and that helps us. Why cant I say Reich is better than Chuck, he is. I am just stating facts.

It's not deflecting, why can't I be happy that the Titans loss and that helps us. Why cant I say Reich is better than Chuck, he is. I am just stating facts.

LOL. Saying that someone else is worse, or another team got beat, when talking about Reich stinking, doesn't really address the original point of Reich stinking. It's deflection and spin. 

But I am somewhat happy TN lost. I just don't really care about them right now.

Archived