Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safety Tom Zbikowski Says Colts Are Aiming To “Beat The Crap Out Of People”

Restored

http://profootballta...-out-of-people/

A year ago, Tom Zbikowski was biding his time during the lockout by beating the crap out of people in the boxing ring. Now he’s focusing on beating the crap out of people on the football field.

New Colts coach Chuck Pagano opened the team’s offseason program by giving his players shirts that say “building the monster,” and Zbikowski told Albert Breer of NFL Network that he interprets that as building a team that can “beat the crap out of people.”

Zbikowski, who followed Pagano from the Ravens to the Colts this offseason, will be part of what Pagano hopes is a very different Colts defense in 2012: A tougher, more physical defense that doesn’t resemble the defense of last year’s 2-14 team.

The arrival of Andrew Luck as the quarterback of the future will be the biggest story coming out of Indianapolis heading into the 2012 season. But upgrading the defense will be every bit as important to reversing the Colts’ fortunes.

-Build The Monster

Good, very good just no bounties please :lol:

dislike the talk....believe it is foolish.....look at how guys like Freeney and Mathis have played over the years...can't get more intimidating than that...but they never spoke like this.....slogans and talk are worthless....and somewhat embarrassing

Nobody fears 250 lb D-lineman who go for the strip instead of the hit.

We should all celebrate the end of the Larry Coyer era! Ha ha!!! Cover Nobody, Can't tackle, Everyone runs down our throats, No one is intimidated by Cover 2! Lol. I am so happy that is gone you people have no idea!

To be fair Kayla..we won the AFC with that defense.

I agree with you soemwhat...be careful what you wish for..

aslong as pagano and the new DC dont impose the " bounty " then i hope they rough up alot of offsenses with this new defense. but im not expecting to see a drastic improvement this coming up season. im sticking with my 2013-2014 timeline.

I'm all for a tougher, more physical defense. But I also want one that is disciplined, so they do not draw unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I hope we do build a monster defense, one feared for its tenacity and effectiveness. I want to have a defense that can exact a slow methodical punishment to opponents until they surrender in submission.

But I do not want to "beat the crap" out of opponents. That would be too messy for the grounds-keeping staff to clean up, not to mention the team's laundry issues.

We do not need bounty watch here either...just a good strong/physical intimidating defense.

i like Z's intensive mentally. lets see if it translates to the field

The dude was a beast at Notre Dame.. My favorite defensive FA we have had in many years, I watched every game of his college career. He was one of the only bright spots of a terrible Notre Dame defense. He was a heck of a punt returner as well.

I'm all for a tougher, more physical defense. But I also want one that is disciplined, so they do not draw unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I hope we do build a monster defense, one feared for its tenacity and effectiveness. I want to have a defense that can exact a slow methodical punishment to opponents until they surrender in submission.

But I do not want to "beat the crap" out of opponents. That would be too messy for the grounds-keeping staff to clean up, not to mention the team's laundry issues.

My exact thoughts. With bounty gate being an unpopular news story, to me this is an improper message to state!

Yes, I know Luck will probably not be playing defense, even though he has the build of a LB, and has demonstrated that he hits like one.

We could use Luck as a multidimensional player, heck the Colts could even have him throw passes to himself. I can see the commentator saying it now, "Andrew Luck with the seven step drop back, unleashes it 65 yards down field to no other than who?? Andrew Luck! Fabulous play, Andrew Luck with the 65 yard completion to himself." haha

We should all celebrate the end of the Larry Coyer era! Ha ha!!! Cover Nobody, Can't tackle, Everyone runs down our throats, No one is intimidated by Cover 2! Lol. I am so happy that is gone you people have no idea!

I believe that is something all Colts fans can get behind...

We could use Luck as a multidimensional player, heck the Colts could even have him throw passes to himself. I can see the commentator saying it now, "Andrew Luck with the seven step drop back, unleashes it 65 yards down field to no other than who?? Andrew Luck! Fabulous play, Andrew Luck with the 65 yard completion to himself." haha

He must be really fast..lol

haha.

Luck only has a 4.59 straight-line 40-speed, not fast enough to catch his own passes, unless, of course, he floats them. ;)

Well they also had Peyton Manning that year, just saying. The year we won the super bowl we had like the worst ranked defense against the run.

What kind of monster are we talking here...like a snuffleupagus or the "bad gremlins" ?

Gremlins are cute...but then they kick you *!#$**!#* so that's what we need...cuddly friendly appearance up front but then we open a can of mean whoop !*@*!@ on you :)

I can just picture a section of Colt fans with Cookie Monster masks! Cookie Monsters Of The Midwest! Of course If we start eating cookies everytime we have a make a great defensive play, we'll all be as heavy as Bear & Redskin fans