Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frustrating observation

JediXMan

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, they are. My mom is a total trip. She is famous with all my buddies going back 40+ years... I've got a to-do list literally a page long, and growing. Working my rear end off on vacation. I do it every year when I come back. 

3rd and longs are frustrating. It goes hand and hand with the 370+ yards. Our pass D breaks a lot. Just happy for the win right now. I was working around her house and I only had half my attention on the game, so can't really go deep on analysis, but it just felt like a typical Colts game this year. I'm going to watch again late tonight or tomorrow when I can kick my feet up. 

Yeah a win is a win, I will take it and 10-4 is very nice :thmup:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Just go to your room, lock the door, and turn up your stereo.

My old room is now her room. Her old room is now the office. I'm in the guest bedroom with no TV. I brought my own TV last trip back lol. Plenty of TVs through out the house and down in entertainment room. I did bring my blue tooth speaker back, and was rocking out working outside, and have outfitted my mom's entire house with Amazon Echos and Shows. She rocks out to Neil Diamond, Tina Turner, and Dolly Parton. Good times!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We make it hard every week but winning isn't easy in this league. Some Colts fans take it for granted but playing against a guy like Watson is rough. How they are 4-10 is surprising, they are more like a 7-7 team but Watson has no help.

Everything is different in a rivalry game you can throw out the records in these games.  

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

They get hot to start off going  14-0 then for whatever reason Reich changes up the play calling and adds in unnecessary things that messes up the rhythm.

Example we were pounding them start of the 3rd and for no reason plays Jacoby the 25 yard line and he throws the ball away wasting a down and stalling a promising drive. We get 3 and keep Watson in the game. We also got away from the running game far to often on one of the worst run Ds in the league. We made this game way harder than it should've bee.

I don't get the Reich criticism. The first two Colts drives were a cake walk. Its unrealistic to expect that level of offensive success for 60 minutes. The Texans obviously made adjustments/improvements. Reichs decisions on 4th downs were pivotal. Not to mention the challenge flag on that 3rd down. Which led to a Houston penalty, and ultimately a field goal. Rather than a 1st and goal. Those decisions were the difference in the game. This is a well coached team.

3 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

I don't get the Reich criticism. The first two Colts drives were a cake walk. Its unrealistic to expect that level of offensive success for 60 minutes. The Texans obviously made adjustments/improvements. Reichs decisions on 4th downs were pivotal. Not to mention the challenge flag on that 3rd down. Which led to a Houston penalty, and ultimately a field goal. Rather than a 1st and goal. Those decisions were the difference in the game. This is a well coached team.

After Brissett got the first down he should of been out. Reich screwed with the mo that drive.  That wasn’t the time to get cute with Jacoby. You don’t waste a down like that when we were driving and had the momentum. I am all for mixing in some other plays for Jacoby but that wasn’t the time. On top of it he could of had 6 or 7 yards just by running it. It was wide open so he made the wrong read.

9 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Welcome to the forum, some think if we aren't perfect we suck lmao . It's cute isn't it haha . We are 10-4 so I have 0 complaints. 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You didn't watch the play because TY ran the wrong route, I had someone tell me earlier TY didn't but he did. You JB haters crack me up. 

He is not good.  I’d be shocked if anyone is interested in him for anything more than a low paid backup.  You run that ball there.  

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

After Brissett got the first down he should of been out. Reich screwed with the mo that drive.  That wasn’t the time to get cute with Jacoby. You don’t waste a down like that when we were driving and had the momentum. I am all for mixing in some other plays for Jacoby but that wasn’t the time. On top of it he could of had 6 or 7 yards just by running it. It was wide open so he made the wrong read.

I totally agree Brissett had room to run for positive yards on that 1st down play. However Brissetts poor decision is hardly Franks fault. Reich put Jacoby in position to make positive yards, it was Brissett who failed.

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He is not good.  I’d be shocked if anyone is interested in him for anything more than a low paid backup.  You run that ball there.  

I agree.   Choose pass with a 59%chance of success or a sure 6-10 yards.    He made the wrong choice in that situation.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.   Choose pass with a 59%chance of success or a sure 6-10 yards.    He made the wrong choice in that situation.

You like a few aren't seeing the point of the play. Reich wanted him to throw, that is what the play was designed to do. If TY runs the right route it is a TD. Pretty simple.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You liek a few aren't seeing the point of the play. Reich wanted him to throw, that is what the play was designed to do. If TY runs the right route it is a TD. Pretty simple.

Brissett needs to have better decisions.   He should have run.

Just reading the post game and looking at the stat sheet. 

it appears D Buck had an excellent game

Our kicker can hit past 50+

JT has a nice avg/run

TY came back to earth and I suspect who he really has become

Pittman with another penalty and a non factor in the game

the Defense may be stout in the run but that pass defense is trash. Are any starters out?

D Leonard made a game saving play. Needed the turnover at the end of each game played. That’s not playoff winning football. 

did AC play today and if so, how did he look/move around? 

I know someone said Watson really makes other teams look bad on 3rd downs too but he is still 4-10 and didn’t seem to put it on those teams. We’re the 10 losses on lucky last minute, game saving plays like we’ve had twice now? 

anyone still have concerns that the defense coordinator going to be called up as a head coach after the season? Based on what we’ve witnessed over the tougher portion of the season, he hasn’t shown a top 10 defense any longer. Against the easier section we were apparently a top 3. That to me doesn’t get you a head coaching job. 

Just now, Jdubu said:

Just reading the post game and looking at the stat sheet. 

it appears D Buck had an excellent game

Our kicker can hit past 50+

JT has a nice avg/run

TY came back to earth and I suspect who he really has become

Pittman with another penalty and a non factor in the game

the Defense may be stout in the run but that pass defense is trash. Are any starters out?

D Leonard made a game saving play. Needed the turnover at the end of each game played. That’s not playoff winning football. 

did AC play today and if so, how did he look/move around? 

I know someone said Watson really makes other teams look bad on 3rd downs too but he is still 4-10 and didn’t seem to put it on those teams. We’re the 10 losses on lucky last minute, game saving plays like we’ve had twice now? 

anyone still have concerns that the defense coordinator going to be called up as a head coach after the season? Based on what we’ve witnessed over the tougher portion of the season, he hasn’t shown a top 10 defense any longer. Against the easier section we were apparently a top 3. That to me doesn’t get you a head coaching job. 

TY caught a 50 yard pass that set up our go ahead score.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

My old room is now her room. Her old room is now the office. I'm in the guest bedroom with no TV. I brought my own TV last trip back lol. Plenty of TVs through out the house and down in entertainment room. I did bring my blue tooth speaker back, and was rocking out working outside, and have outfitted my mom's entire house with Amazon Echos and Shows. She rocks out to Neil Diamond, Tina Turner, and Dolly Parton. Good times!

EEsh on the Jazz Singer and Tina, but Dolly is an American treasure.  

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets talk about the key 4th and 1 he got instead. Him not running or passing is a moot point, we won. People just want to bash this guy no matter what every chance they get. Getting old Bored Season 6 GIF by The Office

He definitely has his strengths.   Decisions is not one of them.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

They get hot to start off going  14-0 then for whatever reason Reich changes up the play calling and adds in unnecessary things that messes up the rhythm.

Example we were pounding them start of the 3rd and for no reason plays Jacoby the 25 yard line and he throws the ball away wasting a down and stalling a promising drive. We get 3 and keep Watson in the game. We also got away from the running game far to often on one of the worst run Ds in the league. We made this game way harder than it should've bee.

Rivers was on a roll could not understand why Coby came in sometimes I think Reich out thinks himself very frustrating. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We make it hard every week but winning isn't easy in this league. Some Colts fans take it for granted but playing against a guy like Watson is rough. How they are 4-10 is surprising, they are more like a 7-7 team but Watson has no help.

Well said, let's not forget we were the one team Jacksonville beat. There are of course games you should win but any given Sunday there could be one you don't.

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

A few things today.

1.  The Jacoby play was short term was too cute but long term good to get on tape to show teams the Colts can throw out of the package.  Teams were really packing the box vs that package.  

2.  The Texans really adjusted on defense and started playing much better after the quick start.  Give them credit they get paid too.  

3.  The Colts still moved the ball and scored for the most part.  I believe they had one punt and no turnovers.  

4.  The Colts went to the soft zone after they blew the assignment and gave up the long TD and elected to make the Texans make long drives and not make mistakes which to their credit they did.  The Colts third down defense was ugly to watch outside of the red zone.  Those long drives ate up the clock and made things look worse than it was.  

5.  At the end of the game the Colts defense made a play to win after the Texans defense failed to do so.  That’s why the Colts are 10-4 and the Texans are 4-10.  

I was ticked when Jacoby threw it, but you make the point we have been thinking, RPO. Go G Men! 
We won!!!!!! What’s Ben’s record against us? The last time I remember was the 51 he put on us. Big game next week, let’s keep it rolling!! 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you said 12-4, I went 10-6 lmao . You were even more optimistic than me.

So odds are, we will be 11-5, splitting the difference. 

I do think we have a good shot at beating Pitt though, as long as Reich opens up the O playbook. 

IMO, if we don't win out, we might be out of luck. Balt is one game behind, and has the tie breaker. Miami has two tough games though. Going to be interesting. If we don't win next week, we'll all be sitting around the last week watching and hoping others win or lose.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So odds are, we will be 11-5, splitting the difference. 

I do think we have a good shot at beating Pitt though, as long as Reich opens up the O playbook. 

IMO, if we don't win out, we might be out of luck. Balt is one game behind, and has the tie breaker. Miami has two tough games though. Going to be interesting. If we don't win next week, we'll all be sitting around the last week watching and hoping others win or lose.

Buffalo will take care of Miami so no worries.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I was ticked when Jacoby threw it, but you make the point we have been thinking, RPO. Go G Men! 
We won!!!!!! What’s Ben’s record against us? The last time I remember was the 51 he put on us. Big game next week, let’s keep it rolling!! 

A lot and 2.  Peyton beat him here on MNF in 05 and the Colts won up there with a late TD to Rhodes in 2008.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a great teammate, I love the guy. He is always helpful and smiling. He is great on 3rd and 4th shorts too. I hope he wins the Walter Payton award. He has done a lot in the Indianapolis community for kids.

He seems like a good dude.  lost his job but still wants team to win.   Meanwhile Wentz looking angry on the bench while Hurtz is playing well.  

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love all music, but it gets old after a couple days lol... 

When I'm working in the basement, I stream either country or 70s/80s rock. Maybe a little Americana. 

I definitely do not love all music, but I’ve been pretty nostalgic lately.  I hated the 80s pop/synth sound at the time but have played some songs to take me back.  Tina was the rage when I was coming of age.  I can picture myself on the high dive at the public pool .hearing what’s love go to do with it.

Just now, SpanosSucks said:

He seems like a good dude.  lost his job but still wants team to win.   Meanwhile Wentz looking angry on the bench while Hurtz is playing well.  

JB is the best backup any team could have. Rivers is now IMO a top 10 QB in the league, Rivers is having a magical year. Colts fans should be thankful for all the QB's we have had from Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and Rivers and JB as a great backup.

Archived