Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frustrating observation

JediXMan

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is the best backup any team could have. Rivers is now IMO a top 10 QB in the league, Rivers is having a magical year. Colts fans should be thankful for all the QB's we have had from Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and Rivers and JB as a great backup.

Are you the dude's mom?  Or maybe Frank Reich?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is the best backup any team could have. Rivers is now IMO a top 10 QB in the league, Rivers is having a magical year. Colts fans should be thankful for all the QB's we have had from Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and Rivers and JB as a great backup.

I really hope Colts bring him back for one more year.  I feel he’s starting to mesh well with offense.  18 TD and 4 INT since browns loss, which I wholly feel the slow start was due to COVID ruining training camp and pre-season.  With the way he’s been playing since Cincy he would’ve been on pace for about 32 TD 7 INT.  I feel if COVID clears up and a full training camp is possible, the offense can come back stronger next year.  

1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:

I really hope Colts bring him back for one more year.  I feel he’s starting to mesh well with offense.  18 TD and 4 INT since browns loss, which I wholly feel the slow start was due to COVID ruining training camp and pre-season.  With the way he’s been playing since Cincy he would’ve been on pace for about 32 TD 7 INT.  I feel if COVID clears up and a full training camp is possible, the offense can come back stronger next year.  

This year is giving me a 1995 vibe when Harbaugh took us almost all the way. I hope Rivers comes back next year. I will miss him if he doesn't.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I definitely do not love all music, but I’ve been pretty nostalgc lately.  I hated the 80s pop/synth sound at the time but have played some songs to take me back.  Tina was the rage when I was coming of age.  I can picture myself on the high dive at the public pool .hearing what’s love go to do with it.

Sounds like we're near the same age. I like TT's older, more rock-like stuff, and the R&B. I have to admit, I do really like WLGTDWI

Didn't do the high dive much, but did rock out to VH several tines jumping off the cliffs in St Paul. After a couple cans of courage of course. A little synth, the "JUMP" lol

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sounds like we're near the same age. I like TT's older, more rock-like stuff, and the R&B. I have to admit, I do really like WLGTDWI

Didn't do the high dive much, but did rock out to VH several tines jumping off the cliffs in St Paul. After a couple cans of courage of course. A little synth, the "JUMP" lol

Nick is our age basically but he loves JB and just doesn't know it :sarcasm:, he is a Cubs fan so I like him lmao 

51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I got the Jump cassette for Christmas along with a Walkman.  Wore it out.  Favorite band growing up in junior high and high school.  Kinda my first band that I took as my own.

still love House of pain.  I would blast my pecs with a 20 or 30 pound barbell on my Weider weight bench.

see what I mean about the nostalgia EAst?  Don’t know if I’m dying or what.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This year is giving me a 1995 vibe when Harbaugh took us almost all the way. I hope Rivers comes back next year. I will miss him if he doesn't.

Minus the Colts winning the Super Bowl I don’t see a scenario where he doesn’t.  This is his best chance to win a Super Bowl in a long time and the Colts need him.  It makes sense for both sides to re-sign him.

3 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

And Campbell  stays healthy 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We haven't lost in a month now, where are all the Rivers sucks people, Frank needs to be fired people, Leonard is overrated people and TY is washed up people? I miss you guys, come on now, come out and post lmao 

Leonard is overrated.  He didn’t play well yesterday.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won the game yesterday with 1 play haha 

He is good this year but not great.  His 1st 2 years were great.  He’s overrun a lot of tackling lanes. He gets lost in the zone often and doesn’t react when he’s in man very well. He’s not a totally sound player discipline wise.  

He is a playmaker though.

Did it ever occur to you that when you are “positive” about the Colts and they do well and beat someone, then other teams’ fans must be “negative” about their teams’ performance?

I think “positive” thinking is often silly but sometimes disastrously dangerous.  Reminds me of Annette Benning in American Beauty.  “I am going to sell this house TODAY!”

In my experience, “positive” people often don’t make necessary changes and don’t see the writing on the wall to the detriment of themselves and others.

I try to think neutrally.  I don’t always succeed, but that is what I try to do.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He is good this year but not great.  His 1st 2 years were great.  He’s overrun a lot of tackling lanes. He gets lost in the zone often and doesn’t react when he’s in man very well. He’s not a totally sound player discipline wise.  

He is a playmaker though.

Did it ever occur to you that when you are “positive” about the Colts and they do well and beat someone, then other teams’ fans must be “negative” about their teams’ performance?

I think “positive” thinking is often silly but sometimes disastrously dangerous.  Reminds me of Annette Benning in American Beauty.  “I am going to sell this house TODAY!”

In my experience, “positive” people often don’t make necessary changes and don’t see the writing on the wall to the detriment of themselves and others.

I try to think neutrally.  I don’t always succeed, but that is what I try to do.

I just don't see much to be negative about at 10-4. 10-4 is the only number that matters. Let me ask you this, why are there people just automatically say Rivers has a noodle arm or immediately said when we signed him it was bad? They are wrong for one thing and secondly before someone post's something like that they better 100% sure. I had us going 10-6 before the season which is on record and I also said the Rivers signing was great. I was right and when I am wrong I at least admit it. People who said we would suck disappear when we win, there lays the problem. I just say put your big boy pants on and say you were wrong when you are but most don't. They will come out if we lose to Pitt though and say I told you so, I have no use for people like that.  

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't see much to be negative about at 10-4. 10-4 is the only number that matters. Let me ask you this, why are there people just automatically say Rivers has a noodle arm or immediately said when we signed him it was bad? They are wrong for one thing and secondly before someone post's something like that they better 100% sure. I had us going 10-6 before the season which is on record and I also said the Rivers signing was great. I was right and when I am wrong I at least admit it. People who said we would suck disappear when we win, there lays the problem. I just say put your big boy pants on and say you were wrong when you are but most don't. They will come out if we lose to Pitt though and say I told you so, I have no use for people like that.  

I wanted the Colts to sign Rivers and he’s been great man.  I’ve been down on JT, but I’m pretty close to getting his jersey.  That said I think he’s still limited in the running game.  He had good explosive runs yesterday but also go squared up and rocked head o a bout half a dozen times.  He’s not elusive.  I doubted his ability unless he ran downhill with one cut explosiveness.  That’s when he’s good.  When he has to start and stop or gets strung out to the sideline he’s not good.

I said we would be in trouble without TYs professional routes against the BAlt  blitz and we were.  He’s been a solid pro since then.

I was high on Ya sin.  He’s played horribly and needed to be benched,

I get what you are saying about negative Nancy’s but I feel the same about positive pollys.  

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I wanted the Colts to sign Rivers and he’s been great man.  I’ve been down on JT, but I’m pretty close to getting his jersey.  That said I think he’s still limited in the running game.  He had good explosive runs yesterday but also go squared up and rocked head o a bout half a dozen times.  He’s not elusive.  I doubted his ability unless he ran downhill with one cut explosiveness.  That’s when he’s good.  When he has to start or gets strung out to the sideline he’s not good.

I said we would be in trouble without TYs professional routes against the BAlt  blitz and we were.  He’s been a solid pro since then.

I was high on Ya sin.  He’s played horribly and needed to be benched,

I get what you are saying about negative Nancy’s but I feel the same about positive pollys.  

I am positive but believe me if we play bad I will criticize the team. It isn't all jolly lmao but overall I will take 10-4. I am not sure we will beat Pitt? That will be tough. I am critical and was yesterday about our pass D giving up 3rd longs. It is something that needs corrected.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I wanted the Colts to sign Rivers and he’s been great man.  I’ve been down on JT, but I’m pretty close to getting his jersey.  That said I think he’s still limited in the running game.  He had good explosive runs yesterday but also go squared up and rocked head o a bout half a dozen times.  He’s not elusive.  I doubted his ability unless he ran downhill with one cut explosiveness.  That’s when he’s good.  When he has to start and stop or gets strung out to the sideline he’s not good.

You can find flaws in every players game.   Even the all time greats.   

I'd rather celebrate Taylors improved game.   Over the past 3 games he's averaging 6.6 YPC.  49 carries for 324 yards.  

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

I got the Jump cassette for Christmas along with a Walkman.  Wore it out.  Favorite band growing up in junior high and high school.  Kinda my first band that I took as my own.

still love House of pain.  I would blast my pecs with a 20 or 30 pound barbell on my Weider weight bench.

see what I mean about the nostalgia EAst?  Don’t know if I’m dying or what.

I'm going to wail on my pecs, then do my back

c7b43649-6bc5-4b3a-935e-d7d38879c542_scr

DsWdPCU.gif?noredirect

I had a walkman, but never liked having it attached to me...

I had a Fisher rack system like below, but with 4 speakers instead of two. 1984 never left one side of the double cassette, for at least a full year.

art-d.jpg

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am positive but believe me if we play bad I will criticize the team. It isn't all jolly lmao but overall I will take 10-4. I am not sure we will beat Pitt? That will be tough. I am critical and was yesterday about our pass D giving up 3rd longs. It is something that needs corrected.

Oh me too man.  10-4 is great.  It's been fun to be relevant.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm going to wail on my pecs, then do my back

c7b43649-6bc5-4b3a-935e-d7d38879c542_scr

DsWdPCU.gif?noredirect

I had a walkman, but never liked having it attached to me...

I had a Fisher rack system like below, but with 4 speakers instead of two. 1984 never left one side of the double cassette, for at least a full year.

art-d.jpg

Dude, that stack is awesome man.  That is so 80s.  Parachute pants, jellys, and mullet 80s.

I mean they’ve been doing this kind of stuff all season, so...

Whatever the Colts do on Sunday is always a randomly mixed bag, that is compiled as we go. It makes looking back on it afterwards and trying to understand the nuances a bit of a wasted effort. They figured out a way to win yesterday and that’s what matters. This is a team that gets to that result (or doesn’t) a great many different ways. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You can find flaws in every players game.   Even the all time greats.   

I'd rather celebrate Taylors improved game.   Over the past 3 games he's averaging 6.6 YPC.  49 carries for 324 yards.  

Like I said man, I am close to getting his jersey, and I am very close to a dollar.  It will be a cheap knock off, but put it this way.  I haven't had a jersey since I had #93.

16 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean they’ve been doing this kind of stuff all season, so...

Whatever the Colts do on Sunday is always a randomly mixed bag, that is compiled as we go. It makes looking back on it afterwards and trying to understand the nuances a bit of a wasted effort. They figured out a way to win yesterday and that’s what matters. This is a team that gets to that result (or doesn’t) a great many different ways. 

I am not sure how to label the Colts on my scale of poor, below average, average, above average, good, very good, and great. I would lean toward good if I had to choose but we need improve in a few spots. Our pass D on 3rd downs has me concerned.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I had a similar setup.  Actually still do.  

I've got way too many toys. I have 4 Harman Kardon receivers (surround and stereo) with Bose surround speakers, but the HK Stereo receiver I have hooked up to 4 Bose 301s. I used to have some high end floor speakers on that receiver, but they took up too much room and still didn't sound as good as the 301s. In most rooms though, I've started to phase out that stuff, and go wifi audio. I'll never get rid of the Bose surround/HK combo on my 75in, nor the 301s. I do rock out to my Echos every day, especially in the bathroom shower. Just too easy to say, "Alexa, play 70s rock" lol. 

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Dude, that stack is awesome man.  That is so 80s.  Parachute pants, jellys, and mullet 80s.

Had 2 pair of chutes lol. And did have a glorious mane for a few years. 

I held onto to that rack system through college. I had the 4 speakers stacked to 2x2 and it was about 7ft high lol.. We rocked the dorm courtyard my freshman year.

Nostalgic indeed.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I've got way too many toys. I have 4 Harman Kardon receivers (surround and stereo) with Bose surround speakers, but the HK Stereo receiver I have hooked up to 4 Bose 301s. I used to have some high end floor speakers on that receiver, but they took up too much room and still didn't sound as good as the 301s. In most rooms though, I've started to phase out that stuff, and go wifi audio. I'll never get rid of the Bose surround/HK combo on my 75in, nor the 301s. I do rock out to my Echos every day, especially in the bathroom shower. Just too easy to say, "Alexa, play 70s rock" lol. 

Had 2 pair of chutes lol. And did have a glorious mane for a few years. 

I held onto to that rack system through college. I had the 4 speakers stacked to 2x2 and it was about 7ft high lol.. We rocked the dorm courtyard my freshman year.

Nostalgic indeed.

I have a new Denon wifi surround sound receiver with a set of Bose 301s. I also have a 12in. PolkAudio sub woofer with Pioneer surround speakers. 

I was not too sure about the Denon when I bought it but so far it's be great. It was priced right. 

I too downsized from the huge 12" Pioneer 4 way floor speakers and get better sound with the 301s with the sub woofer. 

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have a new Denon wifi surround sound receiver with a set of Bose 301s. I also have a 12in. PolkAudio sub woofer with Pioneer surround speakers. 

I was not too sure about the Denon when I bought it but so far it's be great. It was priced right. 

I too downsized from the huge 12" Pioneer 4 way floor speakers and get better sound with the 301s with the sub woofer. 

Denon's are awesome. Had one prior, but just chose HK due to some of the specs/reviews. I have Polk surround speakers on an HK in the bedroom. It's really hard to get better sound than the 301s. So "complete". I have the double cubes on my HK/75in, and it's pretty darn good. Had the narrow towers but just too much space. Sounded awesome though. Just not as good as the 301s.

Archived