Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor and TY both getting hot

csmopar

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was happy they finally started bouncing the backs outside a little bit rather than just constantly trying to pound them up the gut.

I mean it can’t be that Frank knows what he’s doing calling plays right?

Don't want to disappoint you but Rivers audibled. The announcers were commenting how Rivers was reading the D so well. Great day for Rivers.

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Say we go onto next season with hines taylor and wilkins. If taylor gets hurt wilkins  and Hines  are starting.  That's  the whole reason  I liked the taylor pick. I figured he could put up good numbers if mack got hurt. Don't  feel that way about wilkins 

The odds are high we will not start next season, any season, with three running backs.  They get hurt.

We started this season with four.  The current three plus Mack.

If we bring Mack back, they will likely be our four.   If Mack moves on, odds are Ballard signs a free agent, or drafts one late.   But either way, Wilkins will still be on his rookie contract, so the odds are high that he returns.  Inexpensive and talented is a tough combo to beat. 

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Let's win a SB with this one first.  His experience is paying huge dividends. 

I’d love to see it. And Rivers is finding his rhythm as of late, so long as it continues down the stretch and into the playoffs. This offense will need to perform like that to beat Kansas City. And follow the blueprint that Miami just laid in forcing turnovers on defense. 

I’m not looking ahead, because quite frankly, we don’t have that guy yet, so we get Rivers until then. 

12 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Man I can't wait to see the next gen stats on that run. He had to be running 21+ mph! 

He ran 21.35, which was 3rd fastest (behind Tyreek Hill at 21.91 on a 44 yard reception and Derrick Henry at 21.40 on a 47 yard rush).

Also, Nyheim Hines came in 4th this week at 21.15 on his 31 yard rush.

4 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

He ran 21.35, which was 3rd fastest (behind Tyreek Hill at 21.91 on a 44 yard reception and Derrick Henry at 21.40 on a 47 yard rush).

Also, Nyheim Hines came in 4th this week at 21.15 on his 31 yard rush.

AdventurousVelvetyHog-size_restricted.gi

Dude that's insane! 

Now we need to see JT and Hines in a foot race lol. 

11 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Great question. So this begs the follow up question. If Rivers was the one who read the defense and changed the play, is this something he has been allowed all season?  If that’s the case, he hasn’t changed the play call correctly too often. If he hasn’t been able to change the play call all year until recently, why not and that means Reich hasn’t sent in good calls. It seems that the offense, like the defense hasn’t been consistent in most games. I think that opens questions such as this. What exact has PR been allowed to do as a vet QB? Is he free to change plays at any time or is he hamstrung to what Reich sends in? Interesting 

I don't think you get a Vet QB like Rivers who has been in the NFL for 16 years and not give him the authority to change the play at the line.  

11 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Don't want to disappoint you but Rivers audibled. The announcers were commenting how Rivers was reading the D so well. Great day for Rivers.

Yes. There can't be a criticism of Frank for not calling that right side running play in the face of a left side blitz.  Frank doesn't know how LVR is going to line up when he sends the play to Rivers.   The QB is responsible for calling the right play if he sees a significant alignment or match up issue. 

Got to feel pretty good about a solid running game.  In the playoffs it will be a huge bonus.  Looking at Tennessee and what the Bills did last night to end the game against the Steelers. 

I really hope this team is hitting high gear going into the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't think you get a Vet QB like Rivers who has been in the NFL for 16 years and not give him the authority to change the play at the line.  

True but again, has anyone asked that question to the coach? We can all assume that’s the case but when PM played, he was easily able to dissect the defense and put the team in the right play, pass or run at least. We have seemed to come to the line with a stacked box of iirc from the board reports and we still ran the ball. You can’t tell me that Rivers isn’t capable of detecting a stacked box and staying with the run? That tells me he isn’t given full authority to change plays at the line. Maybe they’ve changed that up from early in the season, I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers had a Peyton day, it was perfect in my eyes. He was drawing the D offsides, changing plays at the line fooling the D, etc.. and no Turnovers. 

So is this type of changing plays at the line something new for rivers so far this year? Has he been changing plays at the line all year and it just not work out as well as it should or is this seemingly a new action? 

I love when Taylor gets past the DL then you see about 4-5 defenders try to bring him down and he just drags them.  Refs eventually have to call stoppage on the play.  Definitely been a common occurrence we've seen all year and especially the last three games. 

It reminds me of back in the days when you used to see RBs like Eddie George and MJD drag our guys all over the place lol. . . .  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers had a Peyton day, it was perfect in my eyes. He was drawing the D offsides, changing plays at the line fooling the D, etc.. and no Turnovers. 

Chucky looked like he was ready to erupt on the sidelines !!

He had steam coming out of his ears !!

Archived