Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

stitches

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Yes.  I think people think it would be easy to find the next Manning or Luck.  The Colts got those 2 by having the top pick in 2 years where there was low risk of missing on the QB.  That is almost never the case when you are drafting outside the top 5.  It would cost the Colts too much draft capital for them to do that.   Look at what the Jets gave us to move up 3 spots and draft Darnold.  Now they may be entering their 4th year with him.   They gave up lots of draft picks and 3 seasons taking that risk.   I'd rather bring in Stafford and take what you know you will get.  

draft pick qbs are a crapshoot, luck was ranked #1 in the draft, wilson turned out to be better

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Read this thread. Looks like Stafford will be going to SF and colts will be left with a bunch of leftover garbage. Lynch has been seen with the lions staff all day at the senior bowl. I think I am going to be sick.

Why do you do this to yourself 

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Read this thread. Looks like Stafford will be going to SF and colts will be left with a bunch of leftover garbage. Lynch has been seen with the lions staff all day at the senior bowl. I think I am going to be sick.

I wouldn't let it bug you yet, but I'm not going to tell you that the little warning bell is wrong.

I’m usually pretty positive, and I’ll lead off with the fact that Ballard has built a great roster with later picks.

At some point though, it doesn’t matter that you have a perennial All-Pro guard, a perennial Pro Bowl LB, and a perennial All-Pro DT.

None of those pieces matter if you don’t have a QB.  It’s time to do something about that and get out of QB limbo, which we’ve been stuck in for the past 3-4 years.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I am sick of bandaids. Now you have people saying go get Ryan lol. How does that advance the future. All it does is waste another 2 to 3 years. 

Said it before and will again 

The best option from where we will be drafting might end up being Mac Jones 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

There's plenty of offseason left even if they miss out on Stafford. @Chloe6124just seems so defeated. 

The offseason is long, there's only 2 names in FA class I trust. Rookie QB's don't do it for me. I see bust 95% of the time, so if we're not getting Lawrence and we're not, the odds that we're picking a guy worthy of leading a SB contending roster isn't good. 

And I don't want to see Jacoby again. 

And yeah. Ballard should pony up the picks if it's a 1 and a 2. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The offseason is long, there's only 2 names in FA class I trust. Rookie QB's don't do it for me. I see bust 95% of the time, so if we're not getting Lawrence and we're not, the odds that we're picking a guy worthy of leading a SB contending roster isn't good. 

And I don't want to see Jacoby again. 

And yeah. Ballard should pony up the picks if it's a 1 and a 2. 

I'd rather give one of the rookies a shot cause the FA class is hot garbage 

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Said it before and will again 

The best option from where we will be drafting might end up being Mac Jones 

I would pick OT, DE, CB and maybe WR at #21 before I would draft Jones

oh well: at least the '22 draft will have Howell, Rattler, Slough and Slovis....

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'd rather give one of the rookies a shot cause the FA class is hot garbage 

It's highly probable that we're getting hot garbage then, because Ballard isn't giving the starting job to a rookie unless something has gone wrong. It's not his style. Listen to Irsay's expectations for the roster. 

Now you see why Chloe is uptight all of the sudden! 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's highly probable that we're getting hot garbage then, because Ballard isn't giving the starting job to a rookie unless something has gone wrong. It's not his style. Listen to Irsay's expectations for the roster. 

Don't underestimate Ballard. He will get a rookie if it comes down to it.

Every option outside of Stafford is a dumb bandaid. Nothing to look forward too and there is no way we don’t take a step back. I really hate Luck for what he did.

Don't underestimate Ballard. He will get a rookie if it comes down to it.

We aren’t getting Fields or Wilson and Ballard isn’t taking Jones.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Every option outside of Stafford is a dumb bandaid. Nothing to look forward too and there is no way we don’t take a step back. I really hate Luck for what he did.

The Luck hate needs to stop.

He chose his health and family over football 

Nothing wrong with that

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I hope Luck comes out to DMX up in here in the season opener 

I have been hearing all sorts of things, I doubt he does but I wouldn't rule it out. He's still only 31 and probably feels great. Maybe he misses the game but then again maybe he doesn't. Most football players miss the game once they have been out for a year or 2. It is in their blood.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There is nothing you can say to convince me to be depressed. This season hasn't even ended completely and some of you are already calling it quit on 21' season. 

There is nothing you can say to convince me to be depressed. This season hasn't even ended completely and some of you are already calling it quit on 21' season. 

Ok. But don't wrap me up in this.

I just said the Colts would have a similar season with Matt Ryan as they just did with Phil Rivers. That's 11 wins or so. 

Spotrac has the odds now at even for the 49'ers.  For the life of me I can't believe Ballard is going to sit there and let this happen.  The only way I can see this happening is if Luck is coming back.  Stafford is clearly the missing piece that makes the most sense out of the alternatives that we know of.  If we lose Stafford Ballard really needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat to save face and to give us a real chance to win a SB.  We made the playoffs with Rivers and outplayed the Bills.  Expectations have now been set.  He really needs to hit on the QB this offseason.  Losing out on Stafford will make it much harder for him to deliver.  Hopefully we will know the Stafford decision soon.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just look who is out there. It’s garbage.

It is still early, if we don't get Stafford or Watson then yeah time to panic. Even Matt Ryan wouldn't be bad for a couple of years, I think he would get us to the playoffs. Outside of that, I want no part of Wentz, Darnold, Dalton, or even Goff - I just don't feel a good vibe with any of those guys. Dak will get franchised by Dallas IMO and the chances of getting Rodgers are 1% IMO lol.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Spotrac has the odds now at even for the 49'ers.  For the life of me I can't believe Ballard is going to sit there and let this happen.  The only way I can see this happening is if Luck is coming back.  Stafford is clearly the missing piece that makes the most sense out of the alternatives that we know of.  If we lose Stafford Ballard really needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat to save face and to give us a real chance to win a SB.  We made the playoffs with Rivers and outplayed the Bills.  Expectations have now been set.  He really needs to hit on the QB this offseason.  Losing out on Stafford will make it much harder for him to deliver.  Hopefully we will know the Stafford decision soon.  

Especially if the niners don’t have to give up that 12th pick. How could he let that happen.

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chloe is uptight today because it’s Thursday.  It’s the same with the other six days.   She doesn’t need a good reason. 

Maybe, just maybe... Stafford prefers the Bay Area to Indianapolis. Or maybe Ballard prefers someone else to Stafford. I mean, just because fans and media are stoked on someone doesn’t always translate to our front office. I dunno. What I would take from this, if anything, is that of course CB could match/beat the offer... IF he wanted to.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is still early, if we don't get Stafford or Watson then yeah time to panic. Even Matt Ryan wouldn't be bad for a couple of years, I think he would get us to the playoffs. Outside of that, I want no part of Wentz, Darnold, Dalton, or even Goff - I just don't feel a good vibe with any of those guys. Dak will get franchised by Dallas IMO and the chances of getting Rodgers are 1% IMO lol.

For fun, you have to pick one of Darnold, Dalton, Wentz and Goff..

Who ya got?

Wentz? 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don’t want someone who is just going to get us to the playoffs. I want someone that can take us to the SB or at least one of the rookies who is highly sought out.  I would be ok drafting up for Fields or Wilson. At least then we know who the future is. I am not ok with more Bandaids.

Archived