Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm still intrigued by my darkhorse prediction Jordan Love. 

That's dependent on how much Pack wanna keep Discount Double Check 

Love supposedly really struggled at Packers camp.  I remember following that saga during camp. 

Footwork = bad; accuracy = erratic. 

Arm strength wasn't wowing anyone.  Physicality wasn't wowing anyone.

Food for thought. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/28/jordan-love-is-struggling-why-it-matters-and-why-it-really-doesnt/

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Literally one of the dumbest things you have ever said

Patrick Mahomes has a passer rating of 103.1 with 1,737 yards, 8 touchdowns and 1 interception in 5 games without Tyreek Hill in his career.

When the Colts beat the Chiefs....who was not playing? I dont put a lot of faith in stats until I know who they played without Hill.

Just now, zibby43 said:

Love supposedly really struggled at Packers camp.  I remember following that saga during camp. 

Footwork = bad; accuracy = erratic. 

Arm strength wasn't wowing anyone.  Physicality wasn't wowing anyone.

Food for thought. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/28/jordan-love-is-struggling-why-it-matters-and-why-it-really-doesnt/

so could be had for lower pick even better. its a low risk high reward. if it doesn't work out then colts are in good spot for 22 with Eason or rookie 

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Winston isn't a bad option. He gives the Colts a chance to win. The only problem is that he gives the opponent an even better chance.

Honestly, I would take Winston over a lot of qbs this forum has suggested

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Winston isn't a bad option. He gives the Colts a chance to win. The only problem is that he gives the opponent an even better chance.

you can usually count on Winston to complete his passes

to which team, of course, is more uncertain

but it 1) would at least be entertaining and 2) not cost draft capital (cap space is a different matter)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

so could be had for lower pick even better. its a low risk high reward. if it doesn't work out then colts are in good spot for 22 with Eason or rookie 

But the question is, why would you want to waste 2 picks (Eason last year and Love this year) and in turn, 2 roster spots, on developmental quarterbacks?

You wouldn't.  It's bad value x2. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we have to wait until the draft to figure out the QB It’s going to kill us in FA.

If there isn't a clear cut FA Colts get im gonna say Ballard trades picks for Darnold or get a rookie

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What's scary about your statement is that Ballard was even considering Fole s as an option. That makes me question his ability to evaluate qbs

Re-read the post you responded to.

No where does it say that Ballard is for sure considering Foles.   There is nothing for you to lose faith over. 

Ready!   FIRE!!!   Aim!    It’s rarely a very good strategy.   

PS — it’s only my opinion, but I’d be surprised if Ballard wasn’t at least considering Foles.   I’d expect my GM to at least CONSIDER every possible quarterback.   At that point he can start trim down the candidates.  But you should certainly consider before saying no. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No where does it say that Ballard is for sure considering Foles.   There is nothing for you to lose faith over. 

PS — it’s only my opinion, but I’d be surprised if Ballard wasn’t at least considering Foles.   I’d expect my GM to at least CONSIDER every possible quarterback.   At that point he can start trim down the candidates.  But you should certainly consider before saying no. 

I for one wouldn't be shocked if NONE of the 2020 season Bears' QBs are still on their roster by August

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bears GM 

I heard you might be interested in Foles 

Ballard Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
59 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t want someone who is just going to get us to the playoffs. I want someone that can take us to the SB or at least one of the rookies who is highly sought out.  I would be ok drafting up for Fields or Wilson. At least then we know who the future is. I am not ok with more Bandaids.

Only 1 player that realistically could take us to a SB this upcoming season and that is Watson. Stafford maybe could but we would have to play perfect. Rodgers just isn't coming here and like @NewColtsFan said it is highly doubtful Luck comes back, I just threw the Luck thing out because I heard it on ESPN earlier and I know Irsay would welcome him back.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If there isn't a clear cut FA Colts get im gonna say Ballard trades picks for Darnold or get a rookie

to me Darnold is a more mobile Eason with less arm talent

but he would at least be relatively inexpensive, draft-capital wise, at this point in his career

29 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

but he would at least be relatively inexpensive, draft-capital wise, at this point in his career

Plus it would be smart financially 

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only 1 player that realistically could take us to a SB this upcoming season and that is Watson. Stafford maybe could but we would have to play perfect. Rodgers just isn't coming here and like @NewColtsFan said it is highly doubtful Luck comes back, I just threw the Luck thing out because I heard it on ESPN earlier and I know Irsay would welcome him back.

Do you really think Tony Kornheiser knows more about the status of Andrew Luck than JIm Irsay?!?   Really?!? 

(Please say no! Please say no!  Please say no!)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Darnold should not be handed the keys. He should have to compete with eason or even jacoby. 

Darnold if traded would be the Day 1 starter. It is basically his job to lose. 

57 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

Darnold was a walking turnover in college.  That trend has followed him to the pros.  And the next time Darnold finishes an NFL season with a QBR over 50 (that’s on a scale of 100) will be the first time...  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Darnold if traded would be the Day 1 starter. It is basically his job to lose. 

If so, then the Colts would be taking our first steps to a return to sub par football (pre Manning era).  Darnold needs to earn any and everything he receives going forward in the league.  Bortles took a Jags organization to the AFC Championship and had a halftime lead on Brady within the last 5 years. Blake’s accomplished more than Sam and he’s now a backup that can’t even sniff the field.  Time for Darnold to earn something in the league.  No more things given to him (like the starting job over Eason).  So thus I wouldn’t give up anything more than a 4th for Darnold and make it an open and fair competition. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

If so, then the Colts would be taking our first steps to a return to sub par football (pre Manning era).  Darnold needs to earn any and everything he receives going forward in the league.  Bortles took a Jags organization to the AFC Championship and had a halftime lead on Brady within the last 5 years. Blake’s accomplished more than Sam and he’s now a backup that can’t even sniff the field.  Time for Darnold to earn something in the league.  No more things given to him (like the starting job over Eason).  So thus I wouldn’t give up anything more than a 4th for Darnold and make it an open and fair competition. 

Yep. Bortles was average at best but at least led his team to a Title Game, Darnold hasn't done anything.

5 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Id offer a 3 honestly based on his contract alone. He would be a smart decision from that standpoint. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you bother posting this?

Chloe has more good sources than Tony K.  Is it technically possible?   Sure.   But by all accounts, by everyone who knows him, he’s done.   Tony K is throwing a dart and hoping he gets close to a bullseye.   If he’s right it’s not because he knows something.   It would be because even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

I dont see the point in Luck coming back if he based his retirement on injury. If he came back it wouldnt be very long until he was injured again. Then what another retirement? How long would he really be committed?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont see the point in Luck coming back if he based his retirement on injury. If he came back it wouldnt be very long until he was injured again. Then what another retirement? How long would he really be committed?

Because he is probably 100% healthy now and may have a itch to come back. A football player misses the game after a while, it is in their blood when they have played at a high level. Maybe the wife and kid is driving him crazy, who knows haha 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I think the Covid has fried McShay’s brain.  He’s been saying some off the wall things since he tested positive last year. 

Yeah....    I’m not going to defend that.  There is no defense for that.   Goodness gracious!  That’s a quote highly unlikely to age well.....     :facepalm:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't but he did bring the subject up. 

I get that.

But just because he did, doesn’t mean we do...

I love you madly...  but..   but..  but...  sometimes....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I get that.

But just because he did, doesn’t mean we do...

I love you madly...  but..   but..  but...  sometimes....

I've decided the best remedy is to find someone, anyone, whose surname is Luck, and teach him(or her) how to play QB.

That will restore our Luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because he is probably 100% healthy now and may have a itch to come back. A football player misses the game after a while, it is in their blood when they have played at a high level. Maybe the wife and kid is driving him crazy, who knows haha 

Good for him but bad for us. We need guys who know they are committed. Id hate for him to come back and walk away again bc hes stuck in a perpetual cycle of injury rehab.  Im iffy on it if it happened. I love bro dont get me wrong.

Has anyone mentioned Jared Goff possibly? I'd welcome that. 

I honestly feel like we're one of those rare cases where the team is built in a way where we don't need elite QB play to make it to the SB (which is encouraging). We only need above-average with willingness and arm strength to throw downfield, imo. Our run game is respected enough to make those PA shots high percentage. Jacoby lacked the willingness, Phil lacked the strength. I think any of these guys we're mentioning will put us over, honestly.

• Like 1

After Irsays comments, I think they prefer to have a veteran come in rather than draft a QB.  I'd like to have Stafford, but he might be too expensive. 

I still think that we end up with Wentz. 

Through all of the noise in Philly, I still don't get why they drafted Jalen Hurts with a nice second round pick after signing Wentz to the big contract and needing help with an aging roster.  Well, I think I know why they did, their market is Philly. 

The NFL is a sports entertainment consortium and they've got to maximize their reach, revenue, and profits.  Fan enthusiasm for the star players in each market helps to do that. 

From that angle, Wentz is done in Philly, and I think he becomes the more capital-efficient option for Ballard.

Just waiting a few days or weeks to here an objective statement from Siranni, someone respected by the fans in Philly, to indicate that Hurts can be the long term answer at QB.  Then we'll know Wentz is coming here,  JMO.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

After Irsays comments, I think they prefer to have a veteran come in rather than draft a QB.  I'd like to have Stafford, but he might be too expensive. 

I still think that we end up with Wentz. 

Through all of the noise in Philly, I still don't get why they drafted Jalen Hurts with a nice second round pick after signing Wentz to the big contract and needing help with an aging roster.  Well, I think I know why they did, their market is Philly. 

The NFL is a sports entertainment consortium and they've got to maximize their reach, revenue, and profits.  Fan enthusiasm for the star players in each market helps to do that. 

From that angle, Wentz is done in Philly, and I think he becomes the more capital-efficient option for Ballard.

Just waiting a few days or weeks to here an objective statement from Siranni, someone respected by the fans in Philly, to indicate that Hurts can be the long term answer at QB.  Then we'll know Wentz is coming here,  JMO.

I hope you are wrong on this.   I really don't want Wentz.  I hope Ballard ponies up for Stafford but it sounds like San Fran may be his destination.  I hope Brissett isn't in any of Ballards plans.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope you are wrong on this.   I really don't want Wentz.  I hope Ballard ponies up for Stafford but it sounds like San Fran may be his destination.  I hope Brissett isn't in any of Ballards plans.  

If the NFL winds are blowing Stafford to SF, then we will be getting Wentz.  The NFL ownership fraternity wants Hurts on the field because the Philly fans do.  And Pedersen is gone because he shoved it in their face (not because he tanked the game).  JMO.

Brissett is gone.  Not good enough to get accepted into the QB carousel fraternity.  He won't be a fan favorite anywhere after they see him throw a few passes.

• Like 2

The conventional wisdom is forming.

I don't want anything to do with Wentz either. He looked broken last year. Slow, inaccurate, frustrated ect. Stuff that compounds and ruins guys. And the Colts would have to pay top dollar to do it.

Is Eason ready?