Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I want honest answers to this

danlhart87

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Several posters are so against bringing Rivers back for 1 more year. 

This is the 2nd time  (Bengals) he has led HUGE double digit comeback. 

Are you more open to another Rivers year cause I am.

We could very well be 5 - 5 without him 

I’m definitely not opposed to it. Ask me in 8 weeks

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Several posters are so against bringing Rivers back for 1 more year. 

This is the 2nd time  (Bengals) he has led HUGE double digit comeback. 

Are you more open to another Rivers year cause I am.

We could very well be 5 - 5 without him 

Was talking to a friend about this on the phone about 30 minutes ago. Yeah, I'm more receptive to bringing him back now. He's doing a really good job for us! :thmup:

If you want an answer after 11 weeks and 10 games, my answer is yes.  Bring Rivers back.

BUT....

I don’t want to sign that 2021 contract now.  I still want to wait until the off-season to gather more information.   I want to see him in the playoffs.  

At the point, if the boxes are checked, then another year at the same terms.  One more year.   And with Eason as the backup. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We are finally running the ball which is helping this team stay balanced. He needs to come back. Big question though do you bring Jacoby back. You might need him to compliment rivers.

I don't bring Jacoby back honestly. He will probably want too much money to be a backup, and knowing Jacoby, he probably wants to try and play for a starters job, which he wouldn't get from Rivers. Only way I sign Jacoby for next year is if we get him for $5 million or less on a 1 year deal. Other than that, I promote Eason to backup duty as he seems to be doing well learning right now and staying on the 53.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't bring Jacoby back honestly. He will probably want too much money to be a backup, and knowing Jacoby, he probably wants to try and play for a starters job, which he wouldn't get from Rivers. Only way I sign Jacoby for next year is if we get him for $5 million or less on a 1 year deal. Other than that, I promote Eason to backup duty as he seems to be doing well learning right now and staying on the 53.

You don't want the king of 3rd and 4th and 1's back :banana:

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I think we could get Jacoby for that. I don’t think there will be much market for Jacoby. Maybe a backup in NE but that might be it.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

No. I am Enjoying the ride and appreciating the play but besides a championship, I am ready to move to the future at the position 

We have to good of a team to just turn it over to a rookie. Could Eason be ready? Not so sure without no preseason. Reich has said he is starting to get scout team reps so they probably know more then we do. I think it’s important to have stability at QB for one more year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You might be right. He likes it here and he may take less money. He seems to love his role now. You never know.

I actually wouldn’t mind bringing all three back if we don’t draft anyone Jacoby can be had for little money. If we draft a QB within the first two rounds I there wouldnt then be room. I think this year we should find the future left tackle and maybe skip QB one more year. Give Eason another year and upgrade tackle and some offensive skill positions.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually wouldn’t mind bringing all three back if we don’t draft anyone Jacoby can be had for little money. If we draft a QB within the first two rounds I there wouldnt then be room. I think this year we should find the future left tackle and maybe skip QB one more year. Give Eason another year and upgrade tackle and some offensive skill positions.

It's a tough situation, because the 2021 draft class is so good at QB. I don't know the 2022 class at QB yet, but this one has guys in the entire first round available to take. We do have some major holes though after this season most likely: QB, CB, EDGE, WR, and OT. So it's probably going to come down to what we fill in FA and the best players at a position of need in the draft early on.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have to good of a team to just turn it over to a rookie. Could Eason be ready? Not so sure without no preseason. Reich has said he is starting to get scout team reps so they probably know more then we do. I think it’s important to have stability at QB for one more year.

I think with a more mobile QB who will push the ball downfield as Rivers has done since CIN, we’d been an even better team. PA bootlegs and rollouts are major parts of offense that we can’t even use 

If they don't view Eason as good enough to be a backup next year, then it's probably time to move on from Eason.

And if that's the case, you grab a QB like Trask in the 1st round, and bring back Rivers.

I just don't see situation where bringing back JB is in the cards. I don't mind carrying 3 QBs, but it is a roster spot.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be ok with drafting O.Line in the 1st round, LT and maybe draft another Guard in round 3. O.Lineman are obviously very important. I would go WR in Round 2 eventhough I think Pittman will pan out. I doubt we draft a QB because if we win the division, I see Rivers coming back.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If they don't view Eason as good enough to be a backup next year, then it's probably time to move on from Eason.

And if that's the case, you grab a QB like Trask in the 1st round, and bring back Rivers.

I just don't see situation where bringing back JB is in the cards. I don't mind carrying 3 QBs, but it is a roster spot.

I don't either unless he wants to come back for cheap. That could happen but I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be ok with drafting O.Line in the 1st round, LT and maybe draft another Guard in round 3. O.Lineman are obviously very important. I would go WR in Round 2 eventhough I think Pittman will pan out. I doubt we draft a QB because if we win the division, I see Rivers coming back.

Pittman will be a good one IMO! It's nice to see him start to grow after his injury. Not many targets today, but the 45 yard td was awesome and Rivers spread it around. I'm fine with that if it gets the win. :thmup:

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pittman will be a good one IMO! It's nice to see him start to grow after his injury. Not many targets today, but the 45 yard td was awesome and Rivers spread it around. I'm fine with that if it gets the win. :thmup:

He’s already a good one.  He’s really come into his own since he came back from his injury.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't either unless he wants to come back for cheap. That could happen but I doubt it.

To me, the price isn't a factor. Either Eason is good enough to take over backup, or we need to move on. If we move on, we go early. If we go early, a guy like Trask can take the backup job out of the gate. Whoever we tag as the future QB needs to be in the backup role next year to gain the experience. This year was weird with JB already being highly paid and under contract. I'd rather have the roster spot for another position. I wouldn't hate having JB back for cheap, just doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

To me, the price isn't a factor. Either Eason is good enough to take over backup, or we need to move on. If we move on, we go early. If we go early, a guy like Trask can take the backup job out of the gate. Whoever we tag as the future QB needs to be in the backup role next year to gain the experience. This year was weird with JB already being highly paid and under contract. I'd rather have the roster spot for another position. I wouldn't hate having JB back for cheap, just doesn't make sense. 

Like you said, it really does depend on what Ballard and Reich think of Eason. I have no idea about Eason because he never plays and Reich doesn't even talk about him. It is a mystery? 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like you said, it really does depend on what Ballard and Reich think of Eason. I have no idea about Eason because he never plays and Reich doesn't even talk about him. It is a mystery? 

To us I am sure the Colts are very aware of where they think of Eason is.

Just now, ojsglove said:

Swag returns.  :rock:

Honestly, I'd take Kelly as the 3rd string QB next year on a 1 year $1 million dollar deal or something. It'd be worth it for the simple fact that he knows the playbook, and it keeps us from having to draft a QB next year and we can use it to improve the rest of the team. That's worth a million, isn't it?

Archived