Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nine teams for seven AFC playoff spots

Orioles22

One thing is clear - our win probability is more correlated to the floor of the offense than the floor of the defense, IMO. Our offense giving points away in turnovers vs Jaguars, Browns and Ravens have been key reasons why we lost our 3 games. The Bengals game was the only game where our offense compensated for the defense, coming back from an 0-21 deficit.

Plus, all those Peyton-Dungy years, we would play our opponents to a stalemate or vice versa the first 2 halves and then come out blazing with adjustments in the 3rd quarter. Now that our D does that, suddenly that doesn't jive well with our fans, I wonder why. It is the nature of the game, a lot of NFL teams come out flat or take time to adjust to the talent level in the beginning and make adjustments based on key things they see out of the talent of the opposition. Not all adjustments are done within 2 or 3 series of plays. No style points in the NFL. Ws are all that count.

If the good Rivers performances and the floor of the offense remain high, we should win our division, IMO. There is only so much any Top 10 defense can hold the fort if the offense cannot sustain drives or gives them short fields to work with due to turnovers.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

While I'm cheering for NE, it's going to pee me off if they are able to beat Baltimore and we choked.

To be fair, they were playing in a gross, dirty rainstorm and Baltimore clearly didn’t look interested in playing football tonight. Big difference in attitude between the Ravens we played.

If we take care of ourselves and Balt, Buff, and Tenn continue to stumble we could potentially finish third in the AFC behind Pitt and KC. Bottom line though, we have to take care of our business, and that starts on Sunday against GB.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chargers are now 2-7, Rivers wasn't the problem there obviously.

People may think that I'd be enjoying seeing what's happening with the Bolts, because of how they ruined much of Philip's career, but I don't. All it does is remind me of the torture I had to live through for 16 years. And what's worse, the entire lives of a lot of really good people who have followed them their whole lives, some of whom I was fortunate enough to get to know over those 16 years.

Nobody - players, coaches, other team workers or fans - should have to live with the flat out poison that is the ruining of that organization by its Spanos family ownership. Nobody. So no, I take no satisfaction from it at all.

31 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

People may think that I'd be enjoying seeing what's happening with the Bolts, because of how they ruined much of Philip's career, but I don't. All it does is remind me of the torture I had to live through for 16 years. And what's worse, the entire lives of a lot of really good people who have followed them their whole lives, some of whom I was fortunate enough to get to know over those 16 years.

Nobody - players, coaches, other team workers or fans - should have to live with the flat out poison that is the ruining of that organization by its Spanos family ownership. Nobody. So no, I take no satisfaction from it at all.

Chargers defense 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel sorry for Watson, he is being wasted with that team.

I don't. He signed an extension to get his payday knowing Hopkins was gone and the team would be in disaray after this year. That was his choice. He either didn't have confidence in himself for one more year before he hit FA potentially, or he doesn't care about winning and just wanted to get paid, not caring where it was.

Congrats to him on that contract and well-deserved, but he sacrificed winning for it, knowing the circumstances of the Texans, and that decision will haunt him for 4 more years while Mahomes is regularly reaching the SB from the same draft class. Again, it was more about the money immediately for him.

No matter what, Colts are in control of their own destiny right now.  If it started today, and I know it doesn't, they'd be #4 with a home playoff game.  That's being in control of your situation.  The road won't be easy, but this is the NFL.  It never is.  If they truly are a playoff-worthy team they will win 5 of the last 7 (one being the Titans rematch) and secure the division and that #4 seed.  We'll see but I think they can do it.

One thing about upcoming games is most of us are only looking at from a Colts point of view.  We are going against the best .......etc.  But look at it from the view of the enemy.  In most cases this Colts defense will be the best they have seen to date.  And THAT is a good feeling to have.

Being new to this - please excuse if I ask a stupid question or state the obvious!

Finishing 2nd would leave you either dropped out as the 8th seeded team ( only 7 go through to the next stage ) or you could end up playing the Steelers if you get past the AFC side you play in the wild card round?

Although I guess you'd have to play them at some stage if you wanted to get to the SB anyway?

The Steelers record looks good - but are they as good as their record suggests? I watched them yesterday and although they won they seemed to grind out the result rather than being anything special - I also think the bengals gave them too much respect.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:01 AM, GoColts8818 said:

There was a game a few years ago where if the Pats beat the Steelers it clinched a playoff spot for the Colts.  I still couldn’t bring myself to cheer for the Pats lol.

Being a Bengals fan (Dad is from Cincy) I hate the Steelers almost as much and couldn’t bring myself to watch that game. Stomach churning watching either of those two teams win

On 11/16/2020 at 12:06 AM, PrideOfAthens17 said:

I hope you enjoy watching a real NFL team with the Colts. I’m a Bengals fan too, so I understand your pain of watching good players be wasted by an awful owner. Spanos betrayed San Diego and ruined Rivers’ career

19 hours ago, FortheWin said:

I am secretly hoping that Pats snag the 7 seed and then go into KC and win. That would be epic and also increased the chances of the Colts winning.

Be careful what you wish for. The Pats D starting get healthy and if Cam noodle arm actually starts hitting the open receiver.. the pats be hard to beat.

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Be careful what you wish for. The Pats D starting get healthy and if Cam noodle arm actually starts hitting the open receiver.. the pats be hard to beat.

I believe the Pats are the LAST team the Chiefs want to see in round one which is why I am hoping it happens. LOL

Archived