Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves 11-7-2020

w87r

• w87r changed the title to Colts Roster Moves 11-7-2020
51 minutes ago, w87r said:

Back on topic though.

Excited to see Harris get some more action.

We shall see if Fountain or Patmon get some run

Yes, will be interesting to see if Patmon is a healthy inactive again tomorrow.  I understand not wanting to force him into the line-up, but it is starting to get confusing about when they may give him an actual chance instead of bouncing guys back and forth from the PS.

2 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, will be interesting to see if Patmon is a healthy inactive again tomorrow.  I understand not wanting to force him into the line-up, but it is starting to get confusing about when they may give him an actual chance instead of bouncing guys back and forth from the PS.

patmon could be struggling to get open in practice , it seems like who ever has the best week in practice gets to play that week.  It would seem better to just pick a line up and let them get reps with rivers to work on timing and trust .

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Not to be “that guy” but it’s a totally illogical way of doing date ordering haha

Yea by not being "that guy" you're unfortunately always "that guy".   I thought if people saw 7-7 tho they wouldnt engage.  It was the nicest way I could bring it up.  Clearly he meant 11-7......

7 hours ago, coming on strong said:

patmon could be struggling to get open in practice , it seems like who ever has the best week in practice gets to play that week.  It would seem better to just pick a line up and let them get reps with rivers to work on timing and trust .

Why would they keep Patmon on the active roster and keep bouncing Johnson, Fountain, Harris back and forth from the practice squad but making the latter 3 active on game day and Patmon a healthy scratch  if it was a practice issue?  I think they see big potential in Patmon and are afraid to lose him to another team, but afraid to show some of his traits until he's fully ready.  

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Why would they keep Patmon on the active roster and keep bouncing Johnson, Fountain, Harris back and forth from the practice squad but making the latter 3 active on game day and Patmon a healthy scratch  if it was a practice issue?  I think they see big potential in Patmon and are afraid to lose him to another team, but afraid to show some of his traits until he's fully ready.  

because patmon has more talent then them but is raw skill wise .  If patmon was better in practice frank would be crazy to sit him . there has to be a reason , we just do not know because we dont see him every day.  its the same reason eason is the number 3 QB and always inactive but wont put him as the back up . They are developing patmon hopefully when they feel he is ready he plays .  this week would be perfect with all the injuries .

3 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

because patmon has more talent then them but is raw skill wise .  If patmon was better in practice frank would be crazy to sit him . there has to be a reason , we just do not know because we dont see him every day.  its the same reason eason is the number 3 QB and always inactive but wont put him as the back up . They are developing patmon hopefully when they feel he is ready he plays .  this week would be perfect with all the injuries .

Walker, suggested that Patmon is kind of in a log jam as an "ouside" guy. Our issue has been inside guys, with the absense of Campbell, hence the elevation, twice now, of Harris.  

Pascal was basically the startnig X, and was going to move to slot when Pittman developed. When Pittman went out, Pascal stayed at X. Now Pittman is back and the process will start over. 

TY is capable of inside play, but they've kept him outside. What's remaining are a bunch of tweeners (Dulin/Fountain/Johnson). 

Guessing we'll see Johnson start assuming TY doesn't and Johnson isn't too gimpy. I think Pascal will be on the field all game, bouncing between X and big slot. When Pascal isn't at slot, we'll see Harris. Fountain will likely get snaps when Johnson takes a breather. 

I'd love to see Patmon though. Even if it's just a few simple 9 routes for a 50/50 ball.

11 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Yea by not being "that guy" you're unfortunately always "that guy".   I thought if people saw 7-7 tho they wouldnt engage.  It was the nicest way I could bring it up.  Clearly he meant 11-7......

Hey, it was just a light hearted poke at the American system of date ordering... sorry if that didn't come across. 

15 hours ago, krunk said:

I've been itching for the day they let Patmon and Pittman  play together

I have nothing against Patmon, but if he can't beat these on-off again PS guys why would you be itching for that? I haven't heard much at all about him, let alone any rave reviews. Did I miss something? Sincere question, not sarcasm. 

17 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I’m not sure why they keep him on 53 either and then not allow him any game reps but they have their method and what else can you do. Everyone will have to be patient to see what unfolds and who gets a spot. 

7 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

One thing I can add is perhaps now that the team has seen what stage TY is at, they know next year will be a major changeover at the WR spot and Patmon has had to have shown them enough talent to warrant keeping him safe for the future years. They have to feel he has some star capability to unlock and to be that future 1 or 2 to allow other areas of the team to not have an extra body that could possibly be utilized on special teams at the very least. 

He was very raw and in a smaller program so that’s a large adjustment. We know he has those measurables you just can’t develop with time, he was born with these. The questions will be, can he learn the playbook, can he understand more complex route running, can he learn how to set up a defender, can he process faster than he was ever asked in college, can he put in the extreme workload it takes in the NFL to be a top flight player or even a middle of the road guy, can he be a teammate when he isn’t the guy who is top shelf on his team and now finds himself with all these tools but looking up from the pile of NFL players with far less tools than he was born with? Lots of questions for the kid to overcome imho but the team has to at least feel at this point, Patmon is addressing every one of these questions in a positive nature and is progressing.

The likelihood that Patmon will be a star for this team is far less imho than it will be that he is gone after next year and bounces around on other practice squads. It is entirely possible that he is on the correct path for success but man, these types of stories rarely ever seem to find a positive outcome. Hopefully for his sake, he is one of those rare few who make their story come out well. 

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

I have nothing against Patmon, but if he can't beat these on-off again PS guys why would you be itching for that? I haven't heard much at all about him, let alone any rave reviews. Did I miss something? Sincere question, not sarcasm. 

I haven’t seen anything from him either but really, have you heard much about any of the lower roster guys? I think fans would at least be able to have some feel about him had we had a PS this year but all we known is that the team sees him and has felt a need to use a 53 man roster spot for him in order to develop his future. It’s that “what is the team seeing with him” that’s makes fans want to see what the team is seeing. Also, the measurables are what’s intriguing to fans and wondering will we have two tall speed guys playing wr for the next 3-10 seasons. Until the fans see him play or the team cuts him, there will be that question of are they developing a Megatron type guy or is it Sean Dawkins? 

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I haven’t seen anything from him either but really, have you heard much about any of the lower roster guys? I think fans would at least be able to have some feel about him had we had a PS this year but all we known is that the team sees him and has felt a need to use a 53 man roster spot for him in order to develop his future. It’s that “what is the team seeing with him” that’s makes fans want to see what the team is seeing. Also, the measurables are what’s intriguing to fans and wondering will we have two tall speed guys playing wr for the next 3-10 seasons. Until the fans see him play or the team cuts him, there will be that question of are they developing a Megatron type guy or is it Sean Dawkins? 

If he is 50% of Megatron he should already be catching passes. 

49 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I just like the potential of having 2 6' 4" plus receivers out there. As far as i understand Patmon is and has been on the regular roster the whole time. We just havent made him active on game day yet. That could be for any number of reasons. I dont know. What i do know is Rivers does well with tall targets so id like to have a look at it. Especially since Patmon is faster than Pittman. Then there is also Marcus Johnson you can group with them. Plus theres Mo Cox at tight end. I think all of them together give us more ability to cause the D matchup problems. Im just thinking potential really.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I disagree..  we have a solid QB in Rivers and Eason is/was expected to sit and learn from him and Jacoby.  We have no injury issues (knock wood) at QB now.  Our WR corps seems to get a new (or multiple) injury(ies) every week.  It is one of, if not THE, weakest position groups on the team.  

Archived