Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jets Game Day Thread, September 27, 2020 4:05p.m. ET

NFLfan

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Valpo2004 said:

I am hearing a lot of Jets fans wanting to tank for Trevor.

No one should mistake the Jets for a top team.

Power ranked #32 lol.. 

IMO it's not Darnold though. They need more OL help. They got a good T piece this year in the draft, but that's not near enough. And they lost a lot of high quality players and didn't replace them (like Adams). I'm not a huge Darnold fan by any means, but he could easily be top 16 on a team with solid supporting cast.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Power ranked #32 lol.. 

IMO it's not Darnold though. They need more OL help. They got a good T piece this year in the draft, but that's not near enough. And they lost a lot of high quality players and didn't replace them (like Adams). I'm not a huge Darnold fan by any means, but he could easily be top 16 on a team with solid supporting cast.

Kind of shows how it's a team game and more than just the qb.

14 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

I don't understand why they would put that stiff Brissett into the game when they could give Eason some real game experience.

Two things, not active on the game day roster and likely doesn't even have 1/3 of the playbook memorized. This season is tougher on rookies this year than most any previous season.

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Wait, Doyle was suited up???

Yes, but heard on radio that MAC got most of the 1st team reps, thus the better chemistry with Rivers on display.

When was the last time we GOTV to bench our QB in the 4th lol. Don’t ever want to see Jacoby for a real game. Still same stuff as last season where he won’t stay in the pocket. Here are some thoughts.

TY is back. He doesn’t need one hundred yard games with how we spread the ball.

Rivers and this offense look great. We do need to get better in the red zone and 3rd down.

MO looked great again

Fountain with some huge catches. I hope he gets to stay on the 53 with a couple players due to come back from IR.

Defense looked shaky to start but they got it together and dominated which isn’t hard against the jets. This was a step forward dominating a team we needed too.

A very professional win! The team did its job. Won't get too carried away by this performance because the Jets are an abomination of a team and have been decimated by injuries to add to it. But yeah... overall I like that we took care of business, didn't underestimate them and didn't let up. Good job, Colts... On to the next one. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

A very professional win! The team did its job. Won't get too carried away by this performance because the Jets are an abomination of a team and have been decimated by injuries to add to it. But yeah... overall I like that we took care of business, didn't underestimate them and didn't let up. Good job, Colts... On to the next one. 

Bring on the Bears! I wonder if they have a budding QB controversy, after Mitch Trubisky got the Bears to 2-0, then fell behind to the Falcons 23-10 with 3 punts & a pick before he was pulled today in favor of “St Nick” Foles, who was able to lead Chicago to  victory and get the Bears to 3-0.

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Bring on the Bears! I wonder if they have a budding QB controversy, after Mitch Trubisky got the Bears to 2-0, then fell behind to the Falcons 23-10 with 3 punts & a pick before he was pulled today in favor of “St Nick” Foles, who was able to lead Chicago to  victory and get the Bears to 3-0.

Good question 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Poor Phillip, he didnt get to play much today.

Missed most of 1st quarter(Pick 6 and Jets long drive) and most the 4th.

Winning beats stats every time.  It's so weird to see Rivers on a team that can win games without him carrying them on his back.

Meanwhile, the Chargers lost to the Panthers today after everyone was hyping up Herbert all week.

10 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don’t see how Matt Nagy can replace Trubisky as the starter without causing a ruckus in the locker room - some of those veterans have got to be loyal to Mitch, not the "hired gun" that is Nick Foles.

But Trubisky is a bad QB.  I watched his 13 games in college, and the fact that he was drafted so high still makes me scratch my head.

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

Winning beats stats every time.  It's so weird to see Rivers on a team that can win games without him carrying them on his back.

Meanwhile, the Chargers lost to the Panthers today after everyone was hyping up Herbert all week.

Yeah I know, I posted that as they showed Rivers on the TV, looked like he was still amped up to play.

Made me realize he only played a little over 2 quarters. Lol

6 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

If I were calling the shorts for the Chargers, I’d start Justin Herbert going forward – he runs just as well as Tyrod Taylor and throws better. He’s a rookie and still learning, wheras Taylor is a career backup who has had an opportunity to start in the past and didn’t do much with it. Bottom line: Herbert represents the future of the Chargers and Taylor does not, so why not let the rookie take his lumps & learn right now, they’d be much better for it.

12 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

But Trubisky is a bad QB.  I watched his 13 games in college, and the fact that he was drafted so high still makes me scratch my head.

Nick Foles is a career backup, who had 1 very good postseason and earned a ring in the process but every time he’s had the opportunity to start for a team, his limitations reveal themselves.

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If I were calling the shorts for the Chargers, I’d start Justin Herbert going forward – he runs just as well as Tyrod Taylor and throws better. He’s a rookie and still learning, wheras Taylor is a career backup who has had an opportunity to start in the past and didn’t do much with it. Bottom line: Herbert represents the future of the Chargers and Taylor does not, so why not let the rookie take his lumps & learn right now, they’d be much better for it.

I agree that Herbert should be starting over Taylor.

My main point was that everyone claimed the Chargers had a loaded roster and that Rivers was holding them back.  The truth is that they have a lot of issues, a terrible coach, and a terrible front office.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Nick Foles is a career backup, who had 1 very good postseason and earned a ring in the process but every time he’s had the opportunity to start for a team, his limitations reveal themselves.

Yeah, I hear that and understand who Foles is.

But still, Trubisky is not a franchise QB.

9 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I agree that Herbert should be starting over Taylor.

My main point was that everyone claimed the Chargers had a loaded roster and that Rivers was holding them back.  The truth is that they have a lot of issues, a terrible coach, and a terrible front office.

I do think they have a loaded roster, but I never felt that Philip Rivers was holding them back. Rivers is what kept them from being the Browns or Bengals in a couple of seasons during the leaner years. I agree that the coach has been a liability, but I think the GM has done a pretty good job of stocking the roster with lots of talent, but it has been misused by questionable personnel decisions by Anthony Lynn, most notably undrafted rookie kicker Younghoe Koo over veteran Josh Lambo, and RB Melvin Gordon starting after his holdout over Austin Eckeler.

19 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Yeah, I hear that and understand who Foles is.

But still, Trubisky is not a franchise QB.

Neither is Nick Foles. He was drafted by the Eagles to back up Michael Vick, he was given his chance after injuries to Vick and didn’t do much. From there he bounced around to the Rams & Chiefs, before returning to the Eagles to back up Carson Wentz. When Wentz got hurt, Foles stepped up and got his postseason glory. He parlayed that to a big money contract with the Jaguars, where he broke his collarbone in Week 1 and when he returned, he was ineffective and got beaten out by rookie Gardner Minshew. Foles never won a game while playing for Jacksonville, but the Bears brought him in to compete with Mitch Trubisky and the latter beat him out.

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan unfeatured this topic

Archived