Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans at Chiefs Thread

danlhart87

Just now, NFLfan said:

I like Watson but I am not a fan of O'Brien. I don't like conservative coaches that wait until they are down by 3 TDs in the 4th Quarter and suddenly feel the sense of urgency to score. 

O'B was a good fit with BB and TB in those days, but never impressed after.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is top 10 this year IMO, so that is good at worse, I don't think top 5 though. He does show signs of greatness at times, can't argue that :thmup:

Definitely not top 5. I think I had him right outside the top 10 last year. His QBR is typically better than his production though.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is top 10 this year IMO, so that is good at worse, I don't think top 5 though. He does show signs of greatness at times, can't argue that :thmup:

Yeah Houston will most likely be decent to good but these next three games for them could be tough.  Three absolutely brutal defenses. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Definitely not top 5. I think I had him right outside the top 10 last year. His QBR is typically better than his production though.

Yeah I have him between 7-10 which is the good category IMO. I would take Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers, and still Brees over him for this season. I wouldn't doubt Brady has a better year as well??  Brady has a lot of weapons in Tampa. 

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He is from LSU, right? I hope his former teammate Justin Jefferson has a strong showing too. It will be hard to replace Diggs.

JJ will make you happy. He's pretty dynamic. I think his ceiling is just as good as Diggs. Might take him a season but he'll be very good.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have him between 7-10 which is the good category IMO. I would take Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers, and still Brees over him for this season. I wouldn't doubt Brady has a better year as well??  Brady has a lot of weapons in Tampa. 

Not going to list them, but there's easily 10 I'd take over Watson. To me, he's just not well rounded. He's still good, don't get me wrong, just prefer a better passer.

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Fuller balled out!  Had him on a fantasy team.  

He's a great WR, just needs to stay healthy.

Just now, EastStreet said:

JJ will make you happy. He's pretty dynamic. I think his ceiling is just as good as Diggs. Might take him a season but he'll be very good.

Not going to list them, but there's easily 10 I'd take over Watson. To me, he's just not well rounded. He's still good, don't get me wrong, just prefer a better passer.

He's a great WR, just needs to stay healthy.

I had Mahomes, Sammy and Butler this game. Got close to 60 points. 

31 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I would probably take Watson, Wentz, and Jimmy G over my QB, Cousins. Other Vikes fans think Cousins is better than Jimmy. I don't see it. 

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would probably take Watson, Wentz, and Jimmy G over my QB, Cousins. Other Vikes fans think Cousins is better than Jimmy. I don't see it. 

Same tier of QB IMO with those 4, Cousins on certain days can play better than those QB's but those QB's also can play better than him. Good category but not very good or great category. Hey at least you have a QB that isn't average, some teams don't even have that. I still put Rivers in the above average to good category, he has a great O.Line here too. 

37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cousins Jimmy G and Watson aren't worth the contracts they got 

Eagles drafted Hurts cause Wentz is always hurt

I know very punny 

14 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Watson is not a good man, but a great man on a * team headed by a stupid front office that is barely qualified to clean toilets.

He got paid, he won't admit it but it was about the money because any blind man can see Houston isn't winning anything big with that coach and management. Any team that would let Hopkins walk has to be completely incompetent. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He got paid, he won't admit it but it was about the money because any blind man can see Houston isn't winning anything big with that coach and management. Any team that would let Hopkins walk has to be completely incompetent. 

I live in Texas and Texans fans everywhere completely went nuts 

30 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Sunday the 20th to be clear. This Sunday I'd be more than happy to see the Vikes DESTROY the Pack

The following Sunday all bets are off. I don't care what terrible things might happen to the Vikings so long as the Colts get a win. I'm just that much of a homer :default_20smile:

Lol. Yes, I realized that this morning when I was reading that our great DE Danielle Hunter will be out at least 3 games. A fan wrote that he will miss games against the Packers, the Colts and some other team (Titans maybe -- gotta check). Game 4 is against the Texans. He may be back for that game.

When I first read the comment, I thought you were referring to the Packers game.

18 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Pretty boring game all around. Chiefs look solid again. Houston is in real trouble without Hopkins. Watson also looked like he lost arm strength. Not sure if it was the shortened off-season but things don't look good in Houston except for Johnson. 

Yes, Watson salvaged fantasy with a couple of garbage time TDs, IMO but otherwise, the Chiefs took away the deep ball just like the Texans tried doing the same. The difference was when it was crunch time, there was no elite talent that could separate for the Texans and their O-line, despite all their "reach picks", is still sub-par when it goes against very good DL talent. The Texans' D is OK but not good enough to not force Watson to score close to 30 most of the time. 

Chiefs played like a team with very few changes in starters on offense and defense, and it definitely showed. 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, Watson salvaged fantasy with a couple of garbage time TDs, IMO but otherwise, the Chiefs took away the deep ball just like the Texans tried doing the same. The difference was when it was crunch time, there was no elite talent that could separate for the Texans and their O-line, despite all their "reach picks", is still sub-par when it goes against very good DL talent. The Texans' D is OK but not good enough to not force Watson to score close to 30 most of the time. 

Chiefs played like a team with very few changes in starters on offense and defense, and it definitely showed. 

Yep, it wasn't a close game honestly. Watson couldn't hit anything beyond 10 yards for 3 1/2 quarters and he looked lost without Hopkins. Only time he did anything was during garbage time. He also looked very slow out there (but that might just be me). I had him in one fantasy league, and was against him in one, so it was kinda interesting to watch in the first game of the year.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think the division is up for grabs. Tennessee right now is the favorite with Houston but the Colts have a chance if Rivers can play well and eliminate the turnovers.

5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I think the division is up for grabs. Tennessee right now is the favorite with Houston but the Colts have a chance if Rivers can play well and eliminate the turnovers.

I think it is a 2 team race between us and Tennessee. Houston because they have Watson won't stink but they will be 9-7 at best IMO.

6 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If it wasn't already clear it should be after last night Watson is nowhere near being an elite qb.

Imagine being a Bears fan knowing even after last night and Watson playing average Trubisky is even worse and knowing you traded up for him too.

Watson lost his security blanket in Hopkins and now is gonna turn into a dink and dunk style QB. 

What they should have done is kept 57 and drafted Van Jefferson.

Cooks was decent last night but I'm thinking Van is gonna be a stud in the NFL. 

Archived