Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New numbers

CR91

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be shocked if Irsay ever let anyone wear 18 or 12 again. Luck isn't on Peyton's status/level obviously but I would still be shocked to see someone else wear 12. Nobody will wear 88 again either - Marvin.

what about 87?

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be shocked if Irsay ever let anyone wear 18 or 12 again. Luck isn't on Peyton's status/level obviously but I would still be shocked to see someone else wear 12. Nobody will wear 88 again either - Marvin.

Collie could have wore 88 if he wanted, but he chose not to.

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm surprised Eason didn't change his number to 10. Fountain is on the PS, but he could take the number if he wants.

You sure Eason could have had it if he wanted it?  That sounds awfully made it up in your head. 

Besides that, even if true that would not be a good look. 

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Collie could have wore 88 if he wanted, but he chose not to.

Methinks you just invented another story. Collie wore 9 in college. What affinity would he have to 88. His rookie year was the season after Harrison’s last. Going to guess no one had the option wear 88 that year. 

52 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Methinks you just invented another story. Collie wore 9 in college. What affinity would he have to 88. His rookie year was the season after Harrison’s last. Going to guess no one had the option wear 88 that year. 

No I didn't. Polian mentioned it. Offered him either 88 or 17. This isnt news. It's pretty well known 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, CR91 said:

No I didn't. Polian mentioned it. Offered him either 88 or 17. This isnt news. It's pretty well known 

Not saying it isn't true but I never heard that and follow the Colts as close as anyone. It may be true but I find it hard to believe Polian would allow a rookie to wear a top 5 WR of all-time jersey??

On 9/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, jskinnz said:

I for sure remember reading that Hakeem Nicks wanted 88 and the Colts wouln't give it to him. I googled and found the pro football talk link from 2014. Oddly, in the comments, someone brings us the story of Collie refusing 88. That is all I can seem to find on it.

44 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

I for sure remember reading that Hakeem Nicks wanted 88 and the Colts wouln't give it to him. I googled and found the pro football talk link from 2014. Oddly, in the comments, someone brings us the story of Collie refusing 88. That is all I can seem to find on it.

Thanks for the research. I looked too and found nothing. Translation - it never happened. 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, CR91 said:

If Polian truly offered Collie Marvin’s number the very next year after he retired, that’s just another reason for me to dislike Bill.    

Archived