Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Colts Going To Make Any Free Agent Moves At Hb?

ReMeDy

I'm disappointed by the lack of HB free agent moves for the Colts. If we're serious about a more smash-mouth run game - especially to help ease Andrew Luck into an NFL transition - then we need a big bruising talented HB.

Few notably recent HB acquisitions:

- Benjarvus Green Ellis signed with the Bengals

- Mike Tolbert signed with the Panthers

- Peyton Hillis signed with the Chiefs

Our options are dropping. I think we need to make a push for Brandon Jacobs, who as of now is still available. Possibly even go Cedric Benson, who for obvious reasons hasn't received much interest and his demand is plummeting. I'm not sure how I feel about Donald Brown starting for us. He works great in space, but if a defender so much as touches him, he falls down. Luck can dig us out of those passing down situations, but we need a tough RB for those short down distances who's prepared to fight for every six inches.

I didn't know the 'Law Firm' went to Cinci....good move on their part. I like the stuff they've been doing, and I see Pburgh taking a step back next year, along with Bmore. I'll say it now, Cinci wins the AFC North this year.

For us though, I could see us bringing one in but I wouldn't want it to be Jacobs or Benson. Don't really know who's available, but I wouldn't want to spend much on it unless his name's Jonathon Stewart, and we'd have to get him in a trade.

I think there are a couple of options out there; that is is we even want to get a RB. Kevin Smith and Tashard Choice would be good signs just because I'd like to see how they perform in training camp. If they do well then keep em, if they dont then dump em. It's kinda like what we did with Tommie Harris last year. We signed him, tested him out, didnt do anything and dumped him.

Im not saying we should do the Kevin Smith or Tashard Choice thing, but I wouldn't be against it.

They could draft Robert Turbin in the later rounds (maybe). The guy is a mini version of the incredible hulk. I'm really sure he could bruise some people.

spturbin09ph1wre0107122.jpg

WOW!!

Personally, I don't think we need another RB. If we do go after one, I would only want one as an undrafted rookie. I don't want to see us spend a lot of money on a RB when we already have Carter and Brown. I think the priority should be fixing the offensive line, which Grigs seems to be working on

I would highly doubt it. We have a lot of holes to fill and frankly RB is one of the few spots left on the roster where we have some good depth. We have Brown and Carter back plus Evans back who was impressive last year in camp and the pre-season and was off and on the Colts roster last year and will probably work very well in the new offense that the Colts are going to put in. I am not saying it'll be the best stable of backs in the NFL but on a team with this many needs I could see how the Colts don't address it in free agency.

I think there are a couple of options out there; that is is we even want to get a RB. Kevin Smith and Tashard Choice would be good signs just because I'd like to see how they perform in training camp. If they do well then keep em, if they dont then dump em. It's kinda like what we did with Tommie Harris last year. We signed him, tested him out, didnt do anything and dumped him.

Im not saying we should do the Kevin Smith or Tashard Choice thing, but I wouldn't be against it.

Kevin Smith is an appealing option..too bad he couldn't stay healthy last year..he showed some spurts that he can be a valuable RB..

Getting retread RB's with prior injury problems never work out. Once a RB starts getting hurt, he never seems to get off the injury train. Anyone remember that Addai dude we used to have? Started missing a lot of games and never did stay healthy for long.

Got the draft coming boys! This Ryan Guy is in the know about how to WIN in this "NFL"! Spend some money but make sure you can get all of your TOP Draft picks signed. The Colts will keep just a little room in the CAP after their picks are signed just in case that big, strong, fast OL or DL comes available. It's not about the RB's because any idot can run through a giant hole. Bigger, Stronger and Meaner is the tone for the Colts and were gona do it one player at a time! With Chuck and Ryan together the Colts will win MANY SB's!

We have Donald Brown, Darren Evans and Delone Carter with TWO fullbacks on the roster in Chris Gronkowski and Ryan Mahaffey AND a blocking tightend in Brody Eldridge AS WELL AS we have added Samson Satele, Mike McGlynn and Winston Justice to our offensive line.........just a hunch, but I am pretty sure that is the crew they are sticking with and collectively the sum is greater than the parts fella's!

I would highly doubt it. We have a lot of holes to fill and frankly RB is one of the few spots left on the roster where we have some good depth. We have Brown and Carter back plus Evans back who was impressive last year in camp and the pre-season and was off and on the Colts roster last year and will probably work very well in the new offense that the Colts are going to put in. I am not saying it'll be the best stable of backs in the NFL but on a team with this many needs I could see how the Colts don't address it in free agency.

I agree lets see how brown does with the new blockign scheme, and i know Carter had some fumbles but overall i tought he was better to have more opportunities that the coaches were giving him. i think we are set there, and as you said we have evans..heck we might even bring back chad spann

Robert Turbin played football at my high school and played both offense and defense. He was a very solid player. I think he had a knee injury in college, which might explain some of his hesitation. But he definitely has burst, and is really fast. I think he ran the 40 during the combine and had impressive numbers for his size.

I'm disappointed by the lack of HB free agent moves for the Colts. If we're serious about a more smash-mouth run game - especially to help ease Andrew Luck into an NFL transition - then we need a big bruising talented HB.

Few notably recent HB acquisitions:

- Benjarvus Green Ellis signed with the Bengals

- Mike Tolbert signed with the Panthers

- Peyton Hillis signed with the Chiefs

Our options are dropping. I think we need to make a push for Brandon Jacobs, who as of now is still available. Possibly even go Cedric Benson, who for obvious reasons hasn't received much interest and his demand is plummeting. I'm not sure how I feel about Donald Brown starting for us. He works great in space, but if a defender so much as touches him, he falls down. Luck can dig us out of those passing down situations, but we need a tough RB for those short down distances who's prepared to fight for every six inches.

I think you can draft shovel-ready halfbacks and fullbacks...outside the 1st round

they're not hard to find..

plau my man Donald Brown is going to bank 1,000 yards....so no worries there!

I would be very disappointed if we signed any running back to a contract much higher than the min. Running backs are the easiest position in the NFL to replace. We have plenty of talent at that position as it is. I was extremely upset we drafted brown and addai. We could have taken backs much later and/or signed a cheaper free agent and done so much more.