Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Colts Going To Make Any Free Agent Moves At Hb?

ReMeDy

No we don't need to make any moves in F/A or the draft for that matter concerning the RB position. Brown has shown he has what it takes to be the starter with his performance last year. Carter is a good goal line/short yardage back who can spell DB on paticular downs (just needs to work on ball handling but that is correctable). Darren Evans should be the 3rd string RB at this point and has shown promise. I went to high school with Evans and remember watching him just destroy defenders.

One year we blew out Ben Davis 81-0 at Ben Davis and Evans had like 300 yards rushing and 4-5 TD's. Monsterous

I'm disappointed by the lack of HB free agent moves for the Colts. If we're serious about a more smash-mouth run game - especially to help ease Andrew Luck into an NFL transition - then we need a big bruising talented HB.

Few notably recent HB acquisitions:

- Benjarvus Green Ellis signed with the Bengals

- Mike Tolbert signed with the Panthers

- Peyton Hillis signed with the Chiefs

Our options are dropping. I think we need to make a push for Brandon Jacobs, who as of now is still available. Possibly even go Cedric Benson, who for obvious reasons hasn't received much interest and his demand is plummeting. I'm not sure how I feel about Donald Brown starting for us. He works great in space, but if a defender so much as touches him, he falls down. Luck can dig us out of those passing down situations, but we need a tough RB for those short down distances who's prepared to fight for every six inches.

Brandon Jacobs has a bad attitude and is a step to slow

This probably is not in the relm of possibilities but I would love it if we could trade Freeney and our second this year or maybe even first next year to the Bears for Forte. I know that Forte is not happy with the signing of Bush but I don't know if he or the Bears would be willing. I'm sure the Colts would be. This would rid us of Freeney's salary and I'm sure he would be willing to sign an extension with the Bears and lessen their cap hit since they are a tampa 2 team. The Bears could then either draft a back in the second round or try to get Stewart from Carolina to platoon with Bush. Without Freeney, we would then have room to pay Forte the money wants and have a great back for the next 4-5 years to complement Luck. Very unlikely but I can dream right?

This probably is not in the relm of possibilities but I would love it if we could trade Freeney and our second this year or maybe even first next year to the Bears for Forte. I know that Forte is not happy with the signing of Bush but I don't know if he or the Bears would be willing. I'm sure the Colts would be. This would rid us of Freeney's salary and I'm sure he would be willing to sign an extension with the Bears and lessen their cap hit since they are a tampa 2 team. The Bears could then either draft a back in the second round or try to get Stewart from Carolina to platoon with Bush. Without Freeney, we would then have room to pay Forte the money wants and have a great back for the next 4-5 years to complement Luck. Very unlikely but I can dream right?

Sorry, but that would be a horrible idea. Forte is coming off a knee injury(although, not serious) and I have said for years that RB's are a dime a dozen. It is easy for teams to find a good RB as long as they have good blocking up front. NFL teams have realized this over the last few yrs. and that is why you don't see RB's that highly coveted in the draft anymore. A good running game starts with the O-line and not a great RB. It's nice to have both, but is not nessesary to have a successful rushing attack.