Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

I'm saying he's a gut cinch to sign with NE. They must be just working the details out as there's no way NE wouldn't have taken one of those QB's outside the first round.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the "independent thinker" fallacy, the whole 'I don't need other people to tell me who's good, unlike you' angle. Apparently, you also don't need current information.   To the bolded,

Weak.   First, the Panthers went to the SB five years ago. You know who else got MVP votes that year? Carson Palmer. Cam having a good year five years ago is irrelevant.   Second,

If he's bad, it's a bad signing, even if he signed for $5m instead of $25m. This team might be just a good QB away from being a real contender, and if we signed the wrong one, we're blowing a shot in

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I'm saying he's a gut cinch to sign with NE. They must be just working the details out as there's no way NE wouldn't have taken one of those QB's outside the first round.

Doubt it 

They will start Stidham and go 10-6

Link to post
Share on other sites

They must have some kind of plan.  It'd be season suicide to go with anybody they currently have on the roster.  Then again, that could be the evil genius working again, maybe setting up for Lawrence next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, dw49 said:

I'm saying he's a gut cinch to sign with NE. They must be just working the details out as there's no way NE wouldn't have taken one of those QB's outside the first round.

 

Who is this genius that said this was a "gut cinch" back on April 25th.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

Who is this genius that said this was a "gut cinch" back on April 25th.

 

Thanks for the "like" NCF but I must say that this probably was not their "plan" back in the April draft. Otherwise they would have signed Newton 2 months ago. I'm reading that this was Newton's only offer. Seems crazy that he might be paid only around 1 mill for the season. Half what Colt McCoy is being paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigO said:

Wow! New England gets Cam for 1 million and what are we paying our backup

 

What we are paying for our back up QB has exactly zero to do with Cam signing a scrub deal with the Patriots. Not one other team in the NFL wanted Cam and the Patriots got him for a song and a dance and you think it's a wow factor?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How much does Hoyer get paid?? And he is going to be sitting behind Newton and Stidman??

This is a very lopsided agreement that borders on being ridiculous. Maybe Newton is offering a $1M deal contract to prove he is good enough to make the team. If he does than what???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

How much does Hoyer get paid?? And he is going to be sitting behind Newton and Stidman??

This is a very lopsided agreement that borders on being ridiculous. Maybe Newton is offering a $1M deal contract to prove he is good enough to make the team. If he does than what???

Hoyer is only getting paid 1M. They basically have 3 QBs for 3M. 

 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What we are paying for our back up QB has exactly zero to do with Cam signing a scrub deal with the Patriots. Not one other team in the NFL wanted Cam and the Patriots got him for a song and a dance and you think it's a wow factor?

It will be a wow factor if he ends up starting and does well. If he doesn't start, or starts and doesn't perform, nobody will care. It does however have the potential to be a "wow".

 

Personally, I'd rather have Newton over JB in general regardless of $ (assuming Newton is healthy). If you weigh in the dollars 1M vs 21M, it's a no brainer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Hoyer is only getting paid 1M. They basically have 3 QBs for 3M. 

 

It will be a wow factor if he ends up starting and does well. If he doesn't start, or starts and doesn't perform, nobody will care. It does however have the potential to be a "wow".

 

Personally, I'd rather have Newton over JB in general regardless of $ (assuming Newton is healthy). If you weigh in the dollars 1M vs 21M, it's a no brainer.

Personally, IMO the money makes no difference. Way too much has been made on what JB makes and always has been. Some act like the money is coming out of their own pocket.

As far as what the Patriots are doing with Cam, I couldn't care less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally, IMO the money makes no difference. Way too much has been made on what JB makes and always has been. Some act like the money is coming out of their own pocket.

As far as what the Patriots are doing with Cam, I couldn't care less.

dittoicon GIF by ditto ditto

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally, IMO the money makes no difference. Way too much has been made on what JB makes and always has been. Some act like the money is coming out of their own pocket.

As far as what the Patriots are doing with Cam, I couldn't care less.

This is quite possibly your worst post ever as a poster on this forum. You are basically saying as fans we shouldn't think about football in any sort of professional way and completely deevolve our brains from 50+ years of evolution from the SB era.

 

Sorry, things don't work like that. People think of the team if they were in the GM and Coach's shoes. How they run the team. Is it right? Would I do this different? Should they of paid out this contract? Is the cap being handled well? Is that the right draft pick?

 

Madden and fantasy football may have a big part in it, but it's still a step in the right direction and it creates a smarter, more informed fan. You are literally wanting the opposite with a lot of your posts lately about JB and the cap and such, for people not to think at all and blindly watch as the FO does it's job while keeping their mouth shut.

 

That's the WORST thing you can do is just to keep quiet in this world. That's how people pass you by. Even Ballard said in his draft series this series that if you have something to say, say it. He wants to hear your thoughts. You hold this team to a God like status (you're not the only one here who does that) and it's really irritating from even a human point of view.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is quite possibly your worst post ever as a poster on this forum. You are basically saying as fans we shouldn't think about football in any sort of professional way and completely deevolve our brains from 50+ years of evolution from the SB era.

 

Sorry, things don't work like that. People think of the team if they were in the GM and Coach's shoes. How they run the team. Is it right? Would I do this different? Should they of paid out this contract? Is the cap being handled well? Is that the right draft pick?

 

Madden and fantasy football may have a big part in it, but it's still a step in the right direction and it creates a smarter, more informed fan. You are literally wanting the opposite with a lot of your posts lately about JB and the cap and such, for people not to think at all and blindly watch as the FO does it's job while keeping their mouth shut.

 

That's the WORST thing you can do is just to keep quiet in this world. That's how people pass you by. Even Ballard said in his draft series this series that if you have something to say, say it. He wants to hear your thoughts. You hold this team to a God like status (you're not the only one here who does that) and it's really irritating from even a human point of view.

 

 

You think way too much about something you have no control over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 7:33 PM, dw49 said:

 

Thanks for the "like" NCF but I must say that this probably was not their "plan" back in the April draft. Otherwise they would have signed Newton 2 months ago. I'm reading that this was Newton's only offer. Seems crazy that he might be paid only around 1 mill for the season. Half what Colt McCoy is being paid.

The $1 million is the base salary.   Reportedly,  there are reachable incentives to $7.5 million. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally, IMO the money makes no difference. Way too much has been made on what JB makes and always has been. Some act like the money is coming out of their own pocket.

As far as what the Patriots are doing with Cam, I couldn't care less.

No team wants to spend 21M on a backup QB. It's simply bad financials. Most fans don't care about the money in "general", they do however see it as money that could be spent in other place of greater need. That kind of money buys you a Pro Bowl talent, or even 2-3 starters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The $1 million is the base salary.   Reportedly,  there are reachable incentives to $7.5 million. 
 

I'm guessing the 7.5, if attained, means the Pats did pretty darn good. So either way, a bargain.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No team wants to spend 21M on a backup QB. It's simply bad financials. Most fans don't care about the money in "general", they do however see it as money that could be spent in other place of greater need. That kind of money buys you a Pro Bowl talent, or even 2-3 starters.

As it stands right now the Colts are not in need of another pro bowl talent or another 2-3 starters. Ballard has drafted and traded well enough that those issues are not needed as much as other teams.

After this season we will be in pretty good shape as far as the cap so making an issue out of it is a waist of time.

If there is a player that Ballard thought would be worth it, he can make it happen if he chooses to.

With all the positives this team has complaining about what JB makes is not worth it. It's a small problem compared to what most teams are facing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has done a lot of things right.  However, I think he has paid top dollar for mediocre QB talent.  He paid a 38 year old Rivers $25 million coming off a 20 interception season.  Who else was competing for his services at the time he was signed?  I didn’t hear a lot of buzz on Rivers outside of Indy because he was familiar to the coaching staff.  $25 mil is way too much in my opinion.  I think he should have gone in the second or third wave of free agency not the first.  Did the Colts bid against themselves here?  Then there was that contract that Ballard gave Jacoby as a vote of confidence before seeing how he would actually perform in the lead role. Certainly what Jacoby did in 2017 didn’t warrant that kind of payday.  Not even getting to the fact that Ballard and Irsay gave all that money to Luck to sit out the rest of his contract at home. Sure the Colts had the cap to pay these guys what they did but that doesn’t make it money well spent.  Those dollars could have been allocated differently to garner more depth on this roster or maybe even another impact type player at a different position of need. This doesn’t get talked about enough in my opinion. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard has done a lot of things right.  However, I think he has paid top dollar for mediocre QB talent.  He paid a 38 year old Rivers $25 million coming off a 20 interception season.  Who else was competing for his services at the time he was signed?  I didn’t hear a lot of buzz on Rivers outside of Indy because he was familiar to the coaching staff.  $25 mil is way too much in my opinion.  I think he should have gone in the second or third wave of free agency not the first.  Did the Colts bid against themselves here?  Then there was that contract that Ballard gave Jacoby as a vote of confidence before seeing how he would actually perform in the lead role. Certainly what Jacoby did in 2017 didn’t warrant that kind of payday.  Not even getting to the fact that Ballard and Irsay gave all that money to Luck to sit out the rest of his contract at home. Sure the Colts had the cap to pay these guys what they did but that doesn’t make it money well spent.  Those dollars could have been allocated differently to garner more depth on this roster or maybe even another impact type player at a different position of need. This doesn’t get talked about enough in my opinion. 

 How about letting it play out before condemning it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

As it stands right now the Colts are not in need of another pro bowl talent or another 2-3 starters. Ballard has drafted and traded well enough that those issues are not needed as much as other teams.

After this season we will be in pretty good shape as far as the cap so making an issue out of it is a waist of time.

If there is a player that Ballard thought would be worth it, he can make it happen if he chooses to.

With all the positives this team has complaining about what JB makes is not worth it. It's a small problem compared to what most teams are facing.

Huh? We've got plenty of holes and big ?s, and absolutely would be in a better position for a SB run with a few upgrades. You're doing mental gymnastics to diminish the impact a very bad contract for 2019. There's simply no spin you can put on things that would suggest spending ~10% of the team's salary cap on a backup QB is a positive, or that ~10% of the salary cap couldn't be better utilized to make the team better, even only for a one year deal.

 

We're paying JB almost the same amount for ALL of our DBs combined. We're paying JB almost the same amount for ALL of our WRs combined. We're paying JB almost double the amount we're paying for all the TEs combined. We're paying JB more than all the LBs combined.

 

There were several quality DEs and DBs that we could have been in the mix for. And there are still a couple. And there were, and are still several OTs and OGs that would absolutely improve what is very questionable depth along our OL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

 How about letting it play out before condemning it?

The market numbers are what they are.  The Colts have already over paid for the QB position when you consider the amounts doled out to a retired Luck, Rivers at age 38, and Jacoby now in a backup role.  No amount of production Rivers can put up this season will negate all that.  I mean no disrespect but the Colts have spent way too much on the position relative to what they actually have.  As I said, I believe Ballard is doing a fantastic job overall. However, he isn’t above some criticism here in my opinion.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Huh? We've got plenty of holes and big ?s, and absolutely would be in a better position for a SB run with a few upgrades. You're doing mental gymnastics to diminish the impact a very bad contract for 2019. There's simply no spin you can put on things that would suggest spending ~10% of the team's salary cap on a backup QB is a positive, or that ~10% of the salary cap couldn't be better utilized to make the team better, even only for a one year deal.

 

We're paying JB almost the same amount for ALL of our DBs combined. We're paying JB almost the same amount for ALL of our WRs combined. We're paying JB almost double the amount we're paying for all the TEs combined. We're paying JB more than all the LBs combined.

 

There were several quality DEs and DBs that we could have been in the mix for. And there are still a couple. And there were, and are still several OTs and OGs that would absolutely improve what is very questionable depth along our OL.

All I am am saying is 'so what'? It is what it is and I am not sitting around losing sleep over what Brissett is making. If it's that big a deal to you that's your prerogative. Feel free, knock yourself out with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All I am am saying is 'so what'? It is what it is and I am not sitting around losing sleep over what Brissett is making. If it's that big a deal to you that's your prerogative. Feel free, knock yourself out with it. 

LOL, I'll never lose sleep over anything football. I sleep like a baby. Just saying, financially it's a negative that can preclude us from improving in other areas of obvious need. If you don't care about improving the roster, or at minimum having increased carryover for future contracts, OK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, I'll never lose sleep over anything football. I sleep like a baby. Just saying, financially it's a negative that can preclude us from improving in other areas of obvious need. If you don't care about improving the roster, or at minimum having increased carryover for future contracts, OK. 

Now you are attempting to put words and meaning to what I sad? No, go argue with someone else please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now you are attempting to put words and meaning to what I sad? No, go argue with someone else please. 

Umm.. You said, quote

 

Quote

As it stands right now the Colts are not in need of another pro bowl talent or another 2-3 starters

 

I didn't make you type those words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Umm.. You said, quote

 

 

I didn't make you type those words.

I guess you have a hard time comprehending what I said when I said go argue with someone else. 

But if you feel you need to have the last word, be my guest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you have a hard time comprehending what I said when I said go argue with someone else. 

But if you feel you need to have the last word, be my guest. 

You can simply stop replying at any time. 

Sorry to correct you're last post, but I did not put words in your mouth. You said what you said.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You can simply stop replying at any time. 

Sorry to correct you're last post, but I did not put words in your mouth. You said what you said.

 

Welcome to ignore. It's been a couple of years since I put anyone on ignore. Normally that was reserved for aggravating Patriot fans. ( you seem to have a fair share of Patriot blood in your system) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Welcome to ignore. It's been a couple of years since I put anyone on ignore. Normally that was reserved for aggravating Patriot fans. ( you seem to have a fair share of Patriot blood in your system) 

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts have plenty of money to sign anyone they want right now.

 

JB contract is not prohibiting that at all.

 

They have came out and said they want to see what our young DE's can do. That is why we didn't bring in Clowney or Griffen, not because of Brissett's contract.

 

Again, if there was a player we wanted, we could sign them.

 

Cam Newton is so cheap, and didn't get offered a contract earlier, because he couldn't come in for a physical and most likely was wanting $20m+ when he was released.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, w87r said:

Colts have plenty of money to sign anyone they want right now.

 

JB contract is not prohibiting that at all.

 

They have came out and said they want to see what our young DE's can do. That is why we didn't bring in Clowney or Griffen, not because of Brissett's contract.

 

Again, if there was a player we wanted, we could sign them.

 

Cam Newton is so cheap, and didn't get offered a contract earlier, because he couldn't come in for a physical and most likely was wanting $20m+ when he was released.

Thank You GIF by Originals

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO JB is arguably the best back up in the league. He can step in and play 2 or 3 good games. After this year our Cap space will be excellent and JB will be off the books anyway so to me paying JB a lot doesn't bother me. It isn't like he has a 3 year contract starting this season. If Rivers goes down for some odd reason, at least we have a solid backup.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

id rather have cam than jacoby tbh, a lot of people hate cam though

 

i still say he would have never got that fumble if he dove for it

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

id rather have cam than jacoby tbh, a lot of people hate cam though

 

i still say he would have never got that fumble if he dove for it

 

 

Him recovering the fumble makes no difference. He didn't even make an effort. That was a serious problem. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Him recovering the fumble makes no difference. He didn't even make an effort. That was a serious problem. 

i dont have a problem with it. if he got hurt diving for it their chances of winning are slim to none, i dont believe he would have came up with it either a defender was already mid dive and knocked it away 

 

its strange how fans pick and choose when its ok for a player to protect them self. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont have a problem with it. if he got hurt diving for it their chances of winning are slim to none, i dont believe he would have came up with it either a defender was already mid dive and knocked it away 

 

its strange how fans pick and choose when its ok for a player to protect them self. 

 

 

Is that any stranger than some who think it's no big deal for a player not even making an effort? 

Sorry, I don't think you are the majority on this issue. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Is that any stranger than some who think it's no big deal for a player not even making an effort? 

 

it was either dive or dont dive, he chose to protect himself 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the SB he should've dove, JMO. That was a bad look on his part and almost everyone agree's.

yeah most people seem to feel that way.  we have all seen that replay a lot, i think he was more likely to hurt a knee or concussion than come up with that ball

 

cam has put himself in harms way a lot, he must have really not liked his chances there 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • 10-4 this week.  My "upset special" almost came about as the Eagles made a furious comeback only to fail on the 2-point conversion.  Not exactly how I saw it going but it still nearly came about.  Didn't see the Donks winning in New England, especially coming off a loss.  Their fans must be in full meltdown mode.  Also did not see the Rams getting beaten so badly in San Fran.  They had been playing well and the Niners had been struggling offensively and the Rams defense had been nasty.  The Falcons?  Not too surprised although I had the Vikings winning.  But does ANYBODY really know who the Falcons are?  Me neither.   Not a bad week overall.  Looking forward to the next one.
    • I have us 13-3 and the #2 seed  only loss left is one titans game  
    • Don't hate the move I just question the timing. 
    • So are we talking just QB stats? Because guys like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens who are top 3 in every WR category were not first ballot. Cris Carter was not first ballot and he retired with all the best numbers at WR at that time. Our own Marv wasn't first ballot.
    • I just hope m Fitzpatrick  doesn't  get another pick 6 versus  us
  • Members

    • dw49

      dw49 3,322

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Trace Pyott

      Trace Pyott 296

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 3,013

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AZColt11

      AZColt11 2,023

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,379

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bestQBever

      bestQBever 1,125

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jal8908

      jal8908 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Derakynn

      Derakynn 1,321

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,889

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 2,527

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...