Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It’s gotta be Mims or Pittman Jr.

I’m back. I haven’t posted in a min. As you can tell by my avatar lol. I’ve never stopped reading the board though. I’ve still been here daily.  But the old school posters remember me I’m sure. Well. We’re going all in this year baby !!!! Lol but in all seriousness. We gotta give Rivers that big target he needs today. That being said. 34 has to be Mims or Pittman Jr. I prefer Mims. Then hopefully we can grab a T like Jones or Cleveland with our other 2nd. Let’s go Colts !!!!!

The common misconception with the board is having to take Pittman Higgins Claypool or Mims at WR in 2nd.

I'm perfectly fine taking Van Jefferson in 3rd.

He will be the best of the bunch.

Hell I would even take him at 44.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Mims is going to the Bengals.

My projection is Higgins or Claypool for the Horse Shoe today.

I bet they go OT

This is the point of the discussion where I predict that Ballard moves back 2-4 picks from 34 to get an extra 5.

And I predict he’ll move back 6-9 spots from 44 to get an extra 4.

Those two extra picks would give the Colts two picks in R’s 4, 5, and 6.  And 9 total picks overall.  

20 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I’m back. I haven’t posted in a min. As you can tell by my avatar lol. I’ve never stopped reading the board though. I’ve still been here daily.  But the old school posters remember me I’m sure. Well. We’re going all in this year baby !!!! Lol but in all seriousness. We gotta give Rivers that big target he needs today. That being said. 34 has to be Mims or Pittman Jr. I prefer Mims. Then hopefully we can grab a T like Jones or Cleveland with our other 2nd. Let’s go Colts !!!!!

Welcome back my friend! :banana:

Give me Higgins and McKinney.  Ballard loves his picks but constantly trading back and adding 10 rookies to the roster every year isn’t sustainable.

We need to start taking great players in front of us, not several behind.

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The common misconception with the board is having to take Pittman Higgins Claypool or Mims at WR in 2nd.

I bet they go OT

OT and Van from florida wouldnt be bad.

WE ALL IN ON MIMS YALL! OR PITTMAN, I GUESS... BUT WE ALL IN!

Good to see you 449, you've been missed, and I mean that with all sincerity. I think Mims and Pittman are likely targets for the Colts also. Can't wait for this thing to get going tonight.

if Blacklock's there and CB thinks his medical situation is all clear, IMO he'd be hard to pass up, even after the Buckner trade, given Ballard's rhetorical emphasis on "the trenches." Especially when he could still get a potential starting WR later, at #44 or even #75. Ditto for passing on Gross-Matos, who could be groomed to one day replace Houston (on the other hand, I suppose Ballard could pick a WR at #34 and hope someone like Jordan Elliott is still there at #44).

I wouldn't be surprised to see CB take a corner at #34 either, even after signing free agent CBs, since Diggs, Johnson and Fulton will probably be there

Not sure if the Burton move would preclude Ballard looking at Kmet or not--like corner, TE may not be an area of urgent need but Kmet is definitely intriguing

not really surprised that both Delpit and McKinney dropped--Delpit has tackling issues and McKinney's 40 time was pretty disappointing

I assume if Ballard does want a RB he expects he can still get a decent one at #75 or even Day 3.

There are so many top notch players still there.....maybe I'm wrong but the depth of this draft seems so much better than in recent years. The Colts are in an ideal spot. I just hope the inevitable trade down doesn't take them out of the running for a great WR. Or two. The theme for me: quality over quantity. Time to grab some serious offensive talent. 

58 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Miss seeing your posts! Could have used your energy, optimism, and knowledge during free-agency. Welcome back!

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

There are so many top notch players still there.....maybe I'm wrong but the depth of this draft seems so much better than in recent years. The Colts are in an ideal spot. I just hope the inevitable trade down doesn't take them out of the running for a great WR. Or two. The theme for me: quality over quantity. Time to grab some serious offensive talent. 

I don't think the Colts don't need another slot/speed WR to go with Hilton and Campbell (IMO Campbell won't be as effective in the NFL outside of the slot as he was in college) but they could use another size/catch radius guy like, for example, Higgins or Pittman. Or hope someone like Bryan Edwards is still around at #75.

That's what makes Mims so interesting: he's one WR who gives you BOTH size and speed.

44 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

I don't think the Colts don't need another slot/speed WR to go with Hilton and Campbell (IMO Campbell won't be as effective in the NFL outside of the slot as he was in college) but they could use another size/catch radius guy like, for example, Higgins or Pittman. Or hope someone like Bryan Edwards is still around at #75.

That's what makes Mims so interesting: he's one WR who gives you BOTH size and speed.

my bad on the grammar; meant to post "I don't think the Colts need another slot/speed WR..." etc

they DO need another WR big/strong enough to break press-man at the line of scrimmage. Higgins, Pittman and (later) Edwards all fit that description...and, of course, Mims

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I bet they go OT

Ha, I like Van Jefferson too, but my sense is that he’s a big athletic step down from the 2nd rounders.  Hard to say this year without any meaningful numbers for him.  Funny, I just watched a highlight reel for him, and it was a ton of passes from Chad Kelly.  Actually just made me more excited about Kelly!

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

For some reason, thinking Xavier McKinney is a possibility.  Fortify the defense

Man I keep thinking this too for some reason. It just seems like a Ballard move am I right ? I mean He’s a solid prospect. But I really hope we go WR  

Just now, Dr. T said:

And the Colts IMMEDIATELY made him their pick as soon as Cincy picked Mimms. No trade down. No waiting. Boom! They must have really waned him.

Well, Cincy took Higgins and the Colts took all of their time, but other than that you might have been right.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is the point of the discussion where I predict that Ballard moves back 2-4 picks from 34 to get an extra 5.

And I predict he’ll move back 6-9 spots from 44 to get an extra 4.

Those two extra picks would give the Colts two picks in R’s 4, 5, and 6.  And 9 total picks overall.  

Almost nailed it, lol

Archived