Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay to address Media Sunday 2:00pm

1959Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/22/jim-irsay-will-meet-with-the-media-on-sunday/

Jim Irsay will meet with the media on Sunday

Your Sunday afternoon could be getting a little more interesting.

The Colts have made it known that owner Jim Irsay will be available to the media tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. ET. According to the notice issued by the team, he will be discussing “the Colts, the NFL Scouting Combine and philanthropy”...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hopefully the reporters don't give them all softball questions. Not that I think they'll answer much specifically, I just don't want another high level bland edition of coach/GM/owner speak. At least Irsay goofs up every once in a while and says what he feels, or what he's not supposed to say lol....

I've always wanted him to explain this....

CpDuDroWYAEdioe.jpg

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck coming back? Ok I am just joking but this will be interesting to here.

Ugh I know you’re joking  don’t get that started lol, the trolls will stop reading at the question mark and it’ll be a long morning haha

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love the smokescreen part. So any rumors we hear are the ones that won’t happen.

well... either that or...they will try to mask the real ones among countless fake ones. 

or... they want us to think a real one that's been leaked(Jordan Love wink-wink) is actually a smokescreen... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

well... either that or...they will try to mask the real ones among countless fake ones. 

or... they want us to think a real one that's been leaked(Jordan Love wink-wink) is actually a smokescreen... 

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

They would be stupid to sabotage any leverage they have by showing their hand before FA and the draft. The best thing for the Colts going forward until the draft is for other teams to not know what we want to do. Keep all options viable and believable. This is the case whatever they actually are thinking about doing, even if they actually want to stay with Jacoby. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jim said we have 8 picks and we have needs.  We will put out smoke signals and see what happens.  Sounds like we will be making calls to see who is available and at what price.  So much for the Mack extension.

I am not sure he would just say yes we are working on Mack. I would need to see the video and how he said it.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sounds like they are working on his contract. I bet it gets done next week.

I’m sorry,  but I don’t think it sounds at all like they’re working on a contract.   That would imply AC has told them he’s coming back.   And I don’t think AC has done that.

What it sounds to me...   is that AC is leaning toward coming back.  That Irsay feels confident enough in what he’s heard to say what he did publicly.  

I wouldn’t expect the contract part to be all that hard.   It’s the yes or no to coming back that has been the hardest part.

Thats my read.   Your mileage may very. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sorry,  but I don’t think it sounds at all like they’re working on a contract.   That would imply AC has told them he’s coming back.   And I don’t think AC has done that.

What it sounds to me...   is that AC is leaning toward coming back.  That Irsay feels confident enough in what he’s heard to say what he did publicly.  

I wouldn’t expect the contract part to be all that hard.   It’s the yes or no to coming back that has been the hardest part.

Thats my read.   Your mileage may very. 

You realize they aren’t going going to say he is coming back until he is signed. Jim is a positive person so maybe that is all it was. WE will find out soon.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You realize they aren’t going going to say he is coming back until he is signed. Jim is a positive person so maybe that is all it was. WE will find out soon.

To your first sentence I think that’s a big...  maybe.   You might think that’s the logical play, but sometimes things leak out.  Remember Luck?

Sometimes the news comes from the agent or the player.  Drew Brees just announced he’s coming back next year and he doesn’t have a contract yet.  Stuff happens. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Irsay: JB is on the rise and should be given time to develop. 

Colts fans: If Ballard doesnt do anything about the QB position he will be on the hot seat. 

Irsay said good things about everyone, and talked about options for everything. 

Not doing anything about the QB situation alone doesn't put Ballard on the hot seat. But, having a 3rd losing season in 2020 out of his four years would warm it up, and create a hot seat situation in 2021 if he fails to make changes again, and things don't get better.

IMO, Irsay said exactly what I thought he would. And it amounted to almost nothing. The only real news was that the talk of Mack's extension were false, and one might glean that AC is likely to come back.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not doing anything about the QB situation alone doesn't put Ballard on the hot seat. But, having a 3rd losing season in 2020 out of his four years would warm it up, and create a hot seat situation in 2021 if he fails to make changes again, and things don't get better.

IMO, Irsay said exactly what I thought he would. And it amounted to almost nothing. The only real news was that the talk of Mack's extension were false, and one might glean that AC is likely to come back.

How long was Lewis a HC for the bengals? My point is fans are wrong 90% of the time. You can say his seat will be warm. Others his seat hot. doesnt mean they're right. I'm basing my opinion on irsays past actions of patience. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Irsay: JB is on the rise and should be given time to develop. 

Colts fans: If Ballard doesnt do anything about the QB position he will be on the hot seat. 

I don’t think not addressing the QB will put him on the hot seat.  But if he doesn’t address it and Jacoby doesn’t improve he will be.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Normally I’d agree, but I think Jim realizes that Ballard started with a tougher spot and has dealt with more set backs than any other GM we’ve had since the colts came to Indy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

How long was Lewis a HC for the bengals? My point is fans are wrong 90% of the time. You can say his seat will be warm. Others his seat hot. doesnt mean they're right. I'm basing my opinion on irsays past actions of patience. 

Using anything "Bengals" as a roadmap or example is probably not the best strategy or model lol.. I'd say based on their history, they have lower expectations. And Lewis was a coach, not a GM. Coaches are paid to coach, GMs are paid to make decision that enable a winning product on the field. 

If you're drawing on Irsay's past actions, Grigson went 11-5 three years in a row, and 8-8 twice. Never a losing season, won the AFCS twice, and he lasted 5 years. 

Again, not saying rolling with JB in itself warms his seat. Rolling with JB and not winning/improving will. Attendance drops will. It's simply business. He gets a break for 2017 and 2019 due to Luck's absence. There are no excuses in 2020 if he stands pat. There is somewhat of a built in excuse if he chooses to go the rookie QB way, but not if he stands pat.

50 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Normally I’d agree, but I think Jim realizes that Ballard started with a tougher spot and has dealt with more set backs than any other GM we’ve had since the colts came to Indy 

He gets a pass for 2019 no doubt. Not for 2020.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

As colt fans we should feel lucky we have such a great owner. He has such a good relationship with BAllard and Reich. He wants to win so bad. I am confident with these three we will win a SB again once we get the QB situation figure don’t put.

Mr. Irsay's heart is in the right place, always has been, but it was his heart that keep the dumpster fire of Grigson and Pagano around way too long.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Using anything "Bengals" as a roadmap or example is probably not the best strategy or model lol.. I'd say based on their history, they have lower expectations. And Lewis was a coach, not a GM. Coaches are paid to coach, GMs are paid to make decision that enable a winning product on the field. 

If you're drawing on Irsay's past actions, Grigson went 11-5 three years in a row, and 8-8 twice. Never a losing season, won the AFCS twice, and he lasted 5

years. 

Again, not saying rolling with JB in itself warms his seat. Rolling with JB and not winning/improving will. Attendance drops will. It's simply business. He gets a break for 2017 and 2019 due to Luck's absence. There are no excuses in 2020 if he stands pat. There is somewhat of a built in excuse if he chooses to go the rookie QB way, but not if he stands pat.

He gets a pass for 2019 no doubt. Not for 2020.

I'm not using them as a model. I'm saying the fans thought he should be gone and the bengals kept him anyways. The fans thought his seat was hot for years. I fail to see how that's using them as a road map. even without explaining myself ita not using them as a road map. Just because I mention that team doesnt make them a road map. 

Several fans think Ballards seat should be hot of he doesnt address the QB position at all this draft/FA. Personally speaking, when it comes to the QB position, irsay is very involved in that aspect of the team. So whoever the Colts want at Qb irsay is there heavily involved. I'm not worried. irsay will be here the next 5 years. Book it.