Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay to address Media Sunday 2:00pm

1959Colts

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'm not using them as a model. I'm saying the fans thought he should be gone and the bengals kept him anyways. The fans thought his seat was hot for years. I fail to see how that's using them as a road map. even without explaining myself ita not using them as a road map. Just because I mention that team doesnt make them a road map. 

Several fans think Ballards seat should be hot of he doesnt address the QB position at all this draft/FA. Personally speaking, when it comes to the QB position, irsay is very involved in that aspect of the team. So whoever the Colts want at Qb irsay is there heavily involved. I'm not worried. irsay will be here the next 5 years. Book it.

Well I'd hope he is. He owns the joint. 

16 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

He said smoke signals not smokescreens.   Big difference 

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He did say smoke screen.   He said smoke signals.  Two very different things 

While he said 'smoke signals'... in context it's quite clear he meant 'smoke screens'. Here's the full quote(go to 4:45):

"you know ... we will put out some smoke signals that will all be intended to be misread and we'll quietly make the pick" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love having an owner like Jim that is passionate and understands football operations well. Until Ballard proves me wrong, I have all the confidence he will make plenty of moves this off season to get our talent level to a higher place to play winning football. At least we know in this Ballard-Reich regime that they are a lot more in unison with regards to the type of players they want.

Looking forward to their conferences as well before and possibly during the combine. We will see how things go.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

While he said 'smoke signals'... in context it's quite clear he meant 'smoke screens'. Here's the full quote(go to 4:45):

"you know ... we will put out some smoke signals that will all be intended to be misread and we'll quietly make the pick" 

That means they taking jordan love but don't wanna say it to keep teams away 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love the smokescreen part. So any rumors we hear are the ones that won’t happen.

Did he say smokescreens, or did he say smoke signals? Two different things, and the quote I read says smoke signals.

Edit: Already addressed, never mind.