Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

23 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

San Fran and Tennessee has shown you can go deep in the playoffs with a decent QB and a good team around them. 

ryan tannehill was a top 10 pick in the draft, JG a second rounder

RT was not bad in miami, no one seems to remember they let him go because he had missed a lot of games with injures and they didnt want to risk paying him franchise money.  he missed more games than andrew luck did 

• Like 3

This is quite an interesting article, I think this may be the 2nd article from TDN saying that Herbert would be a great fit for the Colts

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/finding-the-perfect-team-fit-for-each-of-the-2020-senior-bowl-qbs

OREGON'S JUSTIN HERBERT

Ideal fit: Indianapolis Colts

"Justin Herbert isn't often projected to the Colts, namely because he doesn't have the stock that consistently puts him in the conversation. Herbert is often considered out of the Colts' striking range. But if he's on the board, he's a terrific fit. Consider Herbert's profile as a passer: highly intelligent, possesses excellent arm strength and wins predominantly within the pocket.

The Colts' former quarterback, Andrew Luck? Highly intelligent with good arm strength while winning predominantly within the pocket. Passes the sniff test, right? But the biggest variable that makes Herbert such an attractive fit is the support staff he'd be greeted with in Indianapolis. A viable running game boosted by a stout offensive line gives Herbert the stability he needs on offense to continue to find his groove as a top-shelf passer. Even from a leadership perspective, Luck was a goofy "aw, shucks" type of leader. With Herbert's lingering uncertainties about how vocal he can be as the face of a franchise, there's a foundation and track record that would marry these two parties together well."

• Like 3

Adam Troutman TE from Dayton has been great. A big riser at the Senior Bowl for me. His stats are pretty good too, even though it's not against great competition. But that's what you expect from a legit NFL prospect - to dominate lower levels of competition. And now he looks like the best TE among the best seniors. 

• Like 1

IMO eventually we’re going to have to trade up and get one anyway. This year makes more sense than others because you have an extra 2nd to work with and JB has one year left on his deal. If you do it next year, you’d probably have to sign and draft a QB. This is the year to make your move. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

What are the chances we move up before the draft if they want one of these QB bad enough?

Because you usually trade up for a specific player not for a spot, it's not very likely, unless we trade up to #3, where you will have your choice of whoever you want past Burrow and Young. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Because you usually trade up for a specific player not for a spot, it's not very likely, unless we trade up to #3, where you will have your choice of whoever you want past Burrow and Young. 

Wouldn’t we have a choice at 4 too. I guess someone else could trade up with the lions to get back ahead of us. 

Is there anyway to move up to 3 without giving up both our seconds. Would switching firsts, one of our seconds and a first next year do the trick.  What about adding a player to the trade to sweeten the pot. Maybe hooker.

I guess we could move up to 4 after the lions pick. Hopefully some of these situations are already being talked about with other teams.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Pass then. Ballard said before he doesn't want to reach for a QB just to have one. Love and Herbert are in no way sure things so it would be stupid to trade up for either in my opinion. San Fran and Tennessee has shown you can go deep in the playoffs with a decent QB and a good team around them. 

If Indy built up the DL and WR core, the way Ballard built up the OL in the 2018 draft, then this team can be right in contention for a deep playoff run, provided they stay healthy.

Ballard could always possibly entertain dealing for Derek Carr provided he doesn't cost Indy a 2nd round pick or higher. 

I think if Ballard trades up to draft a QB he will not consider the player a reach.  He will have him extremely high on his board.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

ryan tannehill was a top 10 pick in the draft, JG a second rounder

RT was not bad in miami, no one seems to remember they let him go because he had missed a lot of games with injures and they didnt want to risk paying him franchise money.  he missed more games than andrew luck did 

Tannehill was also the top rated QB in the regular season and he made some fantastic throws in the playoffs when he was needed before they fell to the Chiefs. 

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is there anyway to move up to 3 without giving up both our seconds. Would switching firsts, one of our seconds and a first next year do the trick.  What about adding a player to the trade to sweeten the pot. Maybe hooker.

I guess we could move up to 4 after the lions pick. Hopefully some of these situations are already being talked about with other teams.

Yes.  Just like you outlined for the 3rd pick.  Two 1sts a second and a sweetener thrown in with another pick.  I hope we make the trade asap just like we did with the Jets.  Get to 3.  I think 4 could also work because if we move 1st then I could see the Dolphins moving up to 3 to get Tua.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

The more I watch, the more sad I get knowing we may not get him. He just has “It” 

I know it makes me sad. We kind of knew this was going to happen. The reason I like him more then Herbert is he is less robotic. Throwing is very natural for Love. There is still something off with Herbert for me.

If you want to add fuel to the fire of the JLove to Colts. Zoom in and it is Love they are watching  

Also in Dodds interview in Colts.com he seems to specifically mention Love. 

You have an opportunity to get out here and watch practice. How valuable are these few days that you get to evaluate guys both and off the field?

Dodds: "It's incredible. You just can't see this many top guys in one place. And just how efficient we can be here. We've interviewed probably 90 guys so far, and then getting to see these guys one-on-one, against each other. There's some games, as we all know, during the year, where it's ... LSU versus a small school, it's not the same. So now the playing field's level, it's a great opportunity to whole week."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is it normal for a guy not able to play in the senior bowl to take interviews with teams there.

Never paid much attention to previous Senior Bowls, but I guess it makes sense for a player to make himself available whenever he can.  Its probably happened before.  He might have to pay his own way....or in the case of a high profile player, his agent pays for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If you think about it would giving up a couple first round picks really be that bad. If you think the team is that good your going to be picking at the bottom of the first I would think giving up a couple firsts wouldn’t be that big a deal. We already have a good foundation. Now just get the QB and fill the holes.

No.  I'd prefer trading up for the guy you want, you know will be good, rather than sitting pat and hoping the guy who comes to you will be good. 

With the way things are shaping up here, that fits trading up for Herbert rather than waiting to pick Love.  JMO.

32 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Just a question. Anybody have videos of anyone besides Jordan Love?

Hurts?

Gordon?

The WRs?

Yeah, as @Chloe6124 said, not many people seem to tweet videos of them. From what I've read, Gordon's 'stock' is down after those first few practices at the Senior Bowl. 

Here are a few:

Hurts is going through drills now in the South's practice.