Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't know about Love but RG Ben Bredeson would look good replacing Glowinski.  I liked how he kept a nice wide base in pass protection and the other two times he came down to help the center and just pushed the defender 5 yards.

On Love, his first pass was good and well placed.  His TD pass was a bit behind the receiver... it didn't hurt him because he was wide open but in the NFL, more times than not that will be a PD.  His TD run was nice, kept the ball in there long enough to force the DE/OLB to commit, then made the correct read, pulled it out and showed some good running ability.  If the defenders could hit the QB I don't think he would have scored so cleanly but he still would have scored IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No.  I'd prefer trading up for the guy you want, you know will be good, rather than sitting pat and hoping the guy who comes to you will be good. 

With the way things are shaping up here, that fits trading up for Herbert rather than waiting to pick Love.  JMO.

That is what I said. Trading up and giving away a couple first when you really already have a good team isn’t that big of a deal because your picking lower in the first anyway and aren’t going to get any really elite. Either way we need to do it with either QB if they think he is the one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Possible, but IMO not likely. Stafford was having a career year before he got injured. 

I know, but isn't he often injured?  Just seems like on of those Qbs who can't ever get the team to a good record.  Maybe they just use 3-13 as the excuse to make the change.  Not sure that a CB or another Suh like Dlineman is going to help them.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Possible, but IMO not likely. Stafford was having a career year before he got injured. 

They basically told Patricia they want to win next year or he is done. Now they could draft Herbert or any QB and have them sit behind Stanford a year. 

Just now, DougDew said:

I know, but isn't he often injured?  Just seems like on of those Qbs who can't ever get the team to a good record.  Maybe they just use 3-13 as the excuse to make the change.  Not sure that a CB or another Suh like Dlineman is going to help them.

Everyone has them taking the CB from OSU.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I believe he had a really long streak of not missing games up until this year.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is what I said. Trading up and giving away a couple first when you really already have a good team isn’t that big of a deal because your picking lower in the first anyway and aren’t going to get any really elite. Either way we need to do it with either QB if they think he is the one.

That's how you pick a QB, IMO.  If he's not the one, picking a Gordon in the third is a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't know about Love but RG Ben Bredeson would look good replacing Glowinski.  I liked how he kept a nice wide base in pass protection and the other two times he came down to help the center and just pushed the defender 5 yards.

On Love, his first pass was good and well placed.  His TD pass was a bit behind the receiver... it didn't hurt him because he was wide open but in the NFL, more times than not that will be a PD.  His TD run was nice, kept the ball in there long enough to force the DE/OLB to commit, then made the correct read, pulled it out and showed some good running ability.  If the defenders could hit the QB I don't think he would have scored so cleanly but he still would have scored IMO.

With a good running game and play action, you find guys find open in the NFL too at times, like OL guys who caught several passes for the Titans this year. It happens enough times, so when that guy is wide open, all you have to make sure is not blow it. :) 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

With a good running game and play action, you find guys find open in the NFL too at times, like OL guys who caught several passes for the Titans this year. It happens enough times, so when that guy is wide open, all you have to make sure is not blow it. :) 

At times.  But not frequently.

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, as @Chloe6124 said, not many people seem to tweet videos of them. From what I've read, Gordon's 'stock' is down after those first few practices at the Senior Bowl. 

Here are a few:

Hurts is going through drills now in the South's practice. 

Excited about Hurts. I just really like his character and how he has improved each day with coaching. Wouldn’t shock me if the colts took him at 34

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They basically told Patricia they want to win next year or he is done. Now they could draft Herbert or any QB and have them sit behind Stanford a year. 

Everyone has them taking the CB from OSU.

I'm biased, I'll admit.  I just don't think any position player is worth a #3 pick, outside of a pass rusher or a LT.  So I tend to see the draft as the best QBs going really early, with teams trading up to get them.  I know it doesn't work that way, but having the Lions pick a CB just seems like a waste of great capital there.

Just now, DougDew said:

I'm biased, I'll admit.  I just don't think any position player is worth a #3 pick, outside of a pass rusher or a LT.  So I tend to see the draft as the best QBs going really early, with teams trading up to get them.  I know it doesn't work that way, but having the Lions pick a CB just seems like a waste of great capital there.

Which could make them a good trade partner. They might even get him with the 13th pick. Kinlaw could be there too. 

• Thanks 1

There are some good players at this years Senior Bowl. I can see at least 2 players being drafted by Ballard. With both Herbert and Love getting attention they might be out of our reach. We might be looking at something else 1st round. I just don’t see Ballard moving up for anything. 

I'm chuckling at the hysteria over the Colts having to mortgage the ranch to get a QB they want. I truly believe they can wait, and pounce ahead of the Raiders or another team by trading 13 and 34, move a couple of spots up the ladder, and get Love or Herbert, whichever one is left. And remember, the Raiders may decide to roll with Carr. If they stick with Carr, they aren't going to pick a QB at 12. So lets calm down and be patient. If the Colts want a QB in the first round, they possess the ammo with picks this year to get it done. No need to mortgage the future. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I'm chuckling at the hysteria over the Colts having to mortgage the ranch to get a QB they want. I truly believe they can wait, and pounce ahead of the Raiders or another team by trading 13 and 34, move a couple of spots up the ladder, and get Love or Herbert, whichever one is left. And remember, the Raiders may decide to roll with Carr. If they stick with Carr, they aren't going to pick a QB at 12. So lets calm down and be patient. If the Colts want a QB in the first round, they possess the ammo with picks this year to get it done. No need to mortgage the future. 

I could chuckle at you chuckling though. Each year QB’s jump off the boards. That’s the trend. This year will more than likely be the same. Herbert and Love are raising their stock plus Burrows is your #1. Tua isn’t falling unless health becomes a key issue and then that hurts our chance plus we wouldn’t want that. So yes you would have to offer stuff to move into the top 10. 

If anything FA will show some key things. Chargers could shoot for someone in FA and not draft. Carolina could stay with Cam or move on to a draft pick. Many options exist. 

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

The fact is won’t have to mortgage the future. Next years number 1 and switching first and giving up a second should do it. 

My "praying for a miracle QB at 13 wishlist":

Burrow at 1 (rendering Dalton tradeable to another QB needy team)

Tua's medicals check out (Dolphins at 5) 

Chargers sign/trade for a vet QB (like Brady)

Cam Newton's medicals check out and Rhule and Co like him to keep him

Gruden likes a QB in round 2 (like Gordon or Hurts)

so at 13 we have Love and Herbert available

It's a lot of mental gymnastics but LET ME DREAM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

My "praying for a miracle QB at 13 wishlist":

Burrow at 1 (rendering Dalton tradeable to another QB needy team)

Tua's medicals check out (Dolphins at 5) 

Chargers sign/trade for a vet QB (like Brady)

Cam Newton's medicals check out and Rhule and Co like him to keep him

Gruden likes a QB in round 2 (like Gordon or Hurts)

so at 13 we have Love and Herbert available

It's a lot of mental gymnastics but LET ME DREAM

From what I’ve been reading. This isn’t too much of a stretch. The only one is Oakland. We will. 

ive come to the conclusion that I refuse to get excited about any QB because I don’t want to be disappointed come Draft. I really like the following. In this order. 

Herbert

Love

Hurts

Gordon

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

From what I’ve been reading. This isn’t too much of a stretch. The only one is Oakland. We will. 

ive come to the conclusion that I refuse to get excited about any QB because I don’t want to be disappointed come Draft. I really like the following. In this order. 

Herbert

Love

Hurts

Gordon

Yeah that's fair enough, I'm trying to not get too excited either about any one prospect.

I think one thing we need to bear in mind is that with the Combine and Pro Days coming up, other QBs could jump up boards (like Eason and maybe even Fromm) which could help in our favour.

For me, because of his arm, it wouldn't shock me if Eason jumped up.

I would personally only feel comfortable drafting in order:
Herbert (only QB I'd honestly feel comfortable with drafting at 13 or earlier)                                  Love ( Would be willing to jump back into the 1st round for him but 13 is a bit too rich for me at the minute)

Eason (Wouldn't really draft in the 1st but maybe in the 2nd dependent of Combine/Pro Days

7 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

How does LA Chargers signing a 42 year old QB keep them from drafting someone? Other than Oakland I would put the Chargers on that list of a far stretch. 

Not every team, that the pundits think need a QB will draft a QB, not will they all think the top QBs are worthy of a 1st round pick.  Nor is this a particularly great group of QBs.  Most years there are no more than 3 QBs drafted in the first round and I don't think this year will be any different because all the top QBs have questions about them.

Burrow:  many are questioning his arm strength.  After the 2018 season Burrow was considered a 4th round prospect.  he had a monster season so he deserves to be considere a high first round talent but just as important as his growth was a new offensive system, a great running game, and a group of WRs that are the envy of college football and probably some NFL teams.

Tua:  His injury history is a huge red flag.

Herbert:  Questions about his leadership ability and ability to handle pressure.

Love:  Decision making and accuracy.

The senior bowl will provide teams with an idea of if they think the players can improve on those areas and how they respond to coaching, meaning can they take what they are told and apply it in the correct situation on the field.  But they are not going to totally erase the questions over them.

So, IMO, one of the top 4, if not 2 will be available when the Colts pick and probably one of them will be there at the top of round 2. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, DougDew said:

YES.  Called it.  What a better way to start the new franchise in Nevada than with a QB from nearby Utah.

C'mon Gruden, please fall in love with the wonder kinder guy.  We'll take Carr off of your hands for cheap.

Hmmmm.. I would b shocked if Gruden drafted a rookie qb.  History has shown he likes veterans