Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the colts want love they are going to have to move up.

Heck with the Chargers, they see Mahomes twice and maybe they are getting carried away with Love's ceiling. :scratch:

Is there any way Tua does not go to the Dolphins? 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is quite interesting actually. I've seen a couple of sites (Benjamin Albright and Walter Football) rumouring that the Chargers really like Herbert. I would hate if they took either, but if they had to take one, I'd prefer they took Love, so that we could take Herbert

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Heck with the Chargers, they see Mahomes twice and maybe they are getting carried away with Love's ceiling. :scratch:

I saw on WalterFootball that the belief is that the Dolphins really want Tua and are only looking at QBs like Herbert as a plan B

Just now, GoColtsGo5150 said:

I saw on WalterFootball that the belief is that the Dolphins really want Tua and are only looking at QBs like Herbert as a plan B

I was thinking "if we are going to move up, we might as well move up for Tua, trading with the Giants"?? We plan to sit a new QB for a year anyways, might as well get the one we know did real well in an oustanding conference.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That organization is leaking like a broken dam and everything coming from them seems to suggest that Tua has been their guy for more than a year and unless his medicals come bad, I expect him to be their pick. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I was thinking "if we are going to move up, we might as well move up for Tua, trading with the Giants"?? We plan to sit a new QB for a year anyways, might as well get the one we know did real well in an oustanding conference.

most fans seems convinced that tua is definitely going to get hurt and be a bust.  this is in spite of doctors saying the hip looks like it will be ok

i would love to have him here i dont think he is more likely to get hurt than anyone else his size.  he does not have a history of missing a lot of games  

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I personally would be a bit worried with giving up too much to move up. I'd be more comfortable trading back into the 1st round (where the cost won't be as bad.)

e.g. Scenario A- if Herbert is there at 13, take him there and then hope someone like Kinlaw drops to the latter half of round 1 (trade up for him) or 

Scenario B- Take Kinlaw at 13 (if Herbert's gone) and hope that Love is there in the latter half of the round ( to trade up and get him)

I think there is probably a lot of misinformation out there. One guy says they love Herbert another says they like Love. Miami apparently really bad likes Love also. Hopefully we can find a trade partner to move up. There really is only two that will get us ahead of the chargers. That’s the lions and giants. If we want to get ahead of the raiders we could trade with the cardinals and jets. Texans and Chiefs I don’t think gave up that much to move up quite a bit. 

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pass then. Ballard said before he doesn't want to reach for a QB just to have one. Love and Herbert are in no way sure things so it would be stupid to trade up for either in my opinion. San Fran and Tennessee has shown you can go deep in the playoffs with a decent QB and a good team around them. 

If Indy built up the DL and WR core, the way Ballard built up the OL in the 2018 draft, then this team can be right in contention for a deep playoff run, provided they stay healthy.

Ballard could always possibly entertain dealing for Derek Carr provided he doesn't cost Indy a 2nd round pick or higher. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Pass then. Ballard said before he doesn't want to reach for a QB just to have one. Love and Herbert are in no way sure things so it would be stupid to trade up for either in my opinion. San Fran and Tennessee has shown you can go deep in the playoffs with a decent QB and a good team around them. 

If Indy built up the DL and WR core, the way Ballard built up the OL in the 2018 draft, then this team can be right in contention for a deep playoff run, provided they stay healthy.

Ballard could always possibly entertain dealing for Derek Carr provided he doesn't cost Indy a 2nd round pick or higher. 

Burrow isn’t a sure thing either. No QB  is a sure thing until they actually start playing. IMO Love nor Herbert is a reach. I like Love. Little more because he is less robotic.

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Could be like how TN traded for Tannehill. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is why he is compared to Mahomes. He isn’t lasting until 13.

To be honest, if I am Miami, I would be looking at Herbert and Love for No.5 too, no sane reason not to, if you are having the new QB sit behind Fitzmagic, who earned a lot of brownie points for beating the Patriots. If Fitzmagic stinks it up, you don't have a healthy rookie you can play in the middle of the season. Don't tell me Josh Rosen, please. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We get a good draft pick and still might not be in position to get a QB.

We are in position. We just need to want it enough. I am kind of past the excuse of "we didn't have high enough pick". Teams trade up for the players they love, especially at QB. I posted a thread a while ago - in the last 4 drafts 10 QBs have been drafted top 10 - for 7 of them their team trade up, 2 were drafted no. 1(no need to trade up). If we want a QB in this draft, it's on Ballard to go and get him. I don't want excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Good point! I made that thread about what we'd have to give up to even get one of the QBs and speculated we might have to trade to the Giants, I didn't even consider that would mean we'd be in contention for Tua. Not really feeling doing that, but it does give us a high dealing option.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

We are in position. We just need to want it enough. I am kind of past the excuse of "we didn't have high enough pick". Teams trade up for the players they love, especially at QB. I posted a thread a while ago - in the last 4 drafts 10 QBs have been drafted top 10 - for 7 of them their team trade up, 2 were drafted no. 1(no need to trade up). If we want a QB in this draft, it's on Ballard to go and get him. I don't want excuses. 

Well you also need a trade partner. We have to get ahead of the chargers. Giants never trade down.  Who knows if the lions will want to. 

Here's the interception Love threw - just like a ton of his INTs from the season - he missed a dropping linebacker in coverage down the middle. If he'd seen he would have put more air on it and would have been great throw. He saw his receiver getting open(anticipation), he didn't see the defender dropping(decisionmaking, reading defense)