Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

The touch.....

I can’t get over it. It’s just unbelievable because he makes it look routine. His over the shoulder throws are dropped right into the exact spots they need to be.

He has sooooooooo many "in the bucket" over the shoulder throws where the receiver just needs to put his hands under the ball to catch it. I love his touch. I also kind of feel like the fact that he's throwing with touch on a ton of those makes people underrate his arm-strength because people have gotten used to players with monster arm strength to throw it as hard as possible all the time. Love actually throws with full velocity only when he needs to and puts touch on most balls. It makes it look so effortless. That throw to Mimms is like 50 yards in the air and it still drops down like it's lowered down with a parachute. 

• Thanks 1

I have seen every ND prospect play every single snap this season (at least 2x), so I'll add a little ND flavor to the thread.

ND CB Troy Pride:

ND WR Chase Claypool (his measurements came in at 6'4" and 229 lbs with an 80" wingspan):

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

I have seen every ND prospect play every single snap this season (at least 2x), so I'll add a little ND flavor to the thread.

ND CB Troy Pride:

ND WR Chase Claypool (his measurements came in at 6'4" and 229 lbs with an 80" wingspan):

Pride is getting a ton of great reviews for his play at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes day 2 pick when it's said and done.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Oh brother, as stated in the quote you, at first, claimed Glenn retired because he was upset that Polian drafted his replacement.  To which I replied that was not the case.  Then you changed it and said maybe he wasn't upset and all I did was tell you why he retired.

A lot of people tried to convince him to stay, it was even mentioned in the article that Manning tried.

Inaccuracies happen, what you do it lie and that is when I call you on it. 

If you say so, you are the only one picking a fight, all I did was comment that your assumption was not correct and then explained what happened.  You can boo hoo about that all you want

NO.  You're the one not getting it.  Why are you claiming that I'm asserting Glenn was PO'ed, even after I wrote a post saying he may not have been?

And, to your pouncing post that started this......I said,

Actually, I think he moved up to take Ugoh, BEFORE Glenn announced his retirement.  Don't know if Polian was told privately or not.  The way it went down, I thought that Glenn saw Bill pick his replacement, so Glenn got po, ed and decided to just retire one year early. ( I think his contract had one year left)

then you said:

I know for a fact that is not what happened at all. 

What didn't happen at all?  What does THAT mean?  What does AT ALL mean?   

The po'ed part, which I later retracted, or the part where I said about UGOH BEING DRAFTED BEFORE GLENN ANNOUNCED HIS RETIREMENT.

My point to chad was pretty gentle.  And it had to do with the timeline  and correctly remembering that it wasn't all peaches and cream between Polian and Glenn at the time.  Totally different than Luck and AC.

I got the conflict PRETTY accurate, and the timeline was deadly accurate.  and you're still arguing and defending your misguided  THAT.....AT ALL statement.   

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Pride is getting a ton of great reviews for his play at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes day 2 pick when it's said and done.  

You're 100% right on that one.

He's going to be a combine freak as well.  Former track star.  Pride said he wants to run in the 4.2 range (I'm guessing it'll be in the 4.3 range). 

Pride had to play out of position as the boundary corner this year.  His most natural position is the field (he was dominant as a field in '18). 

Claypool (blocking) vs ND S Alohi Gilman

Pride in coverage on a deep ball

10 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

2 days and he’s a already picking up steam and chemistry- so much for him sucking @stitches just a little haha

We were joking yesterday, but if we are talking seriously - at the end of the day I prefer him and all the other QBs to kill it. We are in a good position to draft a QB if we want it... if we really really like a QB we can do it. We have the additional assets in this draft, we have assets from future drafts to put ourselves in a position to draft the QB we llike. I prefer those players to actually show they deserve to be taken this high, rather than be drafted high after poor performances and relying only on some perceived 'upside'... 

On a side note - god, I'm happy Matt Patricia is not our coach. That was like some bad high school football movie speech to break up practice. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

We were joking yesterday, but at the end of the day I prefer him and all the other QBs to kill it. We are in a good position to draft a QB if we want it... if we really really like a QB we can do it. We have the additional assets in this draft, we have assets from future drafts to put ourselves in a position to draft the QB we llike. I prefer those players to actually show they deserve to be taken this high, rather than be drafted high after poor performances and relying only on some perceived 'upside'... 

On a side note - god, I'm happy Matt Patricia is not our coach. That was like some bad high school football movie speech to break up practice. 

Not surprising to hear about Patricia. He’s and X and O kind of of guy (sort of), not a leader amongst men that commands a room. Have to think he’s not doing much to help some of those guys draft stock. 

To your main point we have a BUNCH of ammunition to make some serious moves to get the guy we want. My concern mainly stems from Ballard. Love the guy, but I want to believe he won’t go discount shopping on a QB (wait for him to come to us at 13). This is our future. Go and get him!

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

..........worst case we pick up Carr? 

They will keep Carr to play one more year and let LOve sit. I am really going to hate the raiders if they do that. They need to stop being greedy with QB. Lol. Hopefully if ballard wants him he will move up a couple spots. Jets would be a nice trade partner as will Arizona I think.

9 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Not surprising to hear about Patricia. He’s and X and O kind of of guy (sort of), not a leader amongst men that commands a room. Have to think he’s not doing much to help some of those guys draft stock. 

To your main point we have a BUNCH of ammunition to make some serious moves to get the guy we want. My concern mainly stems from Ballard. Love the guy, but I want to believe he won’t go discount shopping on a QB (wait for him to come to us at 13). This is our future. Go and get him!

I think QBs are different. + We've seen Ballard go get his guy and draft guys higher than they are projected. I don't think he will be complacent if he really likes a QB in the draft. I'm not going to worry about it until I have a reason to. I think Ballard is too smart to not realize he has to go get the guy if he really really likes him and there is a legit chance someone else jumps us or takes him before us. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Seems like a pipe dream, Jordan Love at No.13.

I still think Tua drops to No.13, and we go with Kinlaw instead with Love and Herbert gone. 

MIami could even take Love or Herbert. With TUA injury they may end up just as sold on the other two. I read a story Miami is willing to give up four firsts to the bengals for Burrow. For the bengals that would be a great trade because they could still get a QB at 5 plus all the additional picks.