Indianapolis Colts

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would think this year's 1st and next year's 1st would allow us to move from 13 to 4 in the draft, and we could keep No.34 and No.44.

Polian did give up a 1st rounder for Tony Ugoh, who he thought was a 1st round rated LT, in a trade with the 49ers. That happened due to the sudden retirement of Tarik Glenn after our SB win. At least that happened before the draft, unlike the Andrew Luck retirement, so giving up a future 1st would be something Ballard may not mind if he and Reich are sure about their franchise QB at No.4

Actually, I think he moved up to take Ugoh, BEFORE Glenn announced his retirement.  Don't know if Polian was told privately or not.  The way it went down, I thought that Glenn saw Bill pick his replacement, so Glenn got po, ed and decided to just retire one year early. ( I think his contract had one year left)

The issue is whether a team is willing to give up a potentially elite player at 4 to get a BPA at 13 and what would likely be a mid first next year.

• Confused 1

Just now, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Anyone got videos of Jalen Hurts, Jordon Love and Anthony Gordon?

Seems like they are still stretching and warming up. 

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Anyone got videos of Jalen Hurts, Jordon Love and Anthony Gordon?

No video of hurts but word was he did not look good.

So, late question, but why isn't Eason at the Senior Bowl?

Uh, ok, maybe he's not a senior?

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So, late question, but why isn't Eason at the Senior Bowl?

Uh, ok, maybe he's not a senior?

If you leave college after your junior year you must of graduated. Love graduated this month so he was eligible.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Okay, so just for clarity, I'm pretty sure the first person throwing in the video is Anthony Gordon and the second in the white helmet is Jordan Love.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

So don’t look to much into it if Love and Gordon so bad.

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Look at this

Ugh.....we are GOING to have to move up to get the QB we want. Waiting until the 2nd round to get someone isn’t a promise either as there are teams late in the round that also need QB’s. Hmmmm!!

Yeah we are going to have to move up. The good news is Herbert was impressive too. Could Love impress the lions so much they take in at 3?

yep.... my bold prediction still has legs... lets see how the week develops... 

• Confused 1

^ I'd pick him on day 3 and convert him to a TE in a similar way to how we converted Tell... 

If I'm not mistaken... this is Jordan Love throwing the football on that throw... Holy horse manure! Look at that ball placement to the sideline. Can you place that ball any better? That's 45 yards downfield from the opposite hash... 

One could only hope that Gordon performs so well, that he ends up causing another QB to drop a bit (*Cough* hopefully Herbert or Love *Cough)

2 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

One could only hope that Gordon performs so well, that he ends up causing another QB to drop a bit (*Cough* hopefully Herbert or Love *Cough)

Gordon isn't going that high..

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't think it would be all surprising if he's starting next year for the team that drafted him..

Here's a dissenting opinion:

Wish we could watch the practices so we can form our own opinions instead of relying on tons of reporters/analysts/pundits. 

There is always a chance Dolphins fall in love with Herbert and Love and skip TUA. With him not being able to showcase anything. Hopefully he gets to work out some before the draft.Then chargers take the other one leaving TUA to us. I just don’t see Ballard taking a injured QB.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

At least hand size extrapolation is used for something family friendly. :D

Here is an article about why the hand size measurement is an exercise in futility:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/nfl-combine-kyler-murray-hand-size-doesnt-matter

I like how they tried to show if there was statistical significance, but they didn't use a good sample they should of used the 32 starting QBs hand sizes to see if there was significance instead of a range of QBs with different hand sizes by using QBs that are not good there are other variables effecting the results