Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would think this year's 1st and next year's 1st would allow us to move from 13 to 4 in the draft, and we could keep No.34 and No.44.

Polian did give up a 1st rounder for Tony Ugoh, who he thought was a 1st round rated LT, in a trade with the 49ers. That happened due to the sudden retirement of Tarik Glenn after our SB win. At least that happened before the draft, unlike the Andrew Luck retirement, so giving up a future 1st would be something Ballard may not mind if he and Reich are sure about their franchise QB at No.4

Actually, I think he moved up to take Ugoh, BEFORE Glenn announced his retirement.  Don't know if Polian was told privately or not.  The way it went down, I thought that Glenn saw Bill pick his replacement, so Glenn got po, ed and decided to just retire one year early. ( I think his contract had one year left)

The issue is whether a team is willing to give up a potentially elite player at 4 to get a BPA at 13 and what would likely be a mid first next year.

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Look at this

Ugh.....we are GOING to have to move up to get the QB we want. Waiting until the 2nd round to get someone isn’t a promise either as there are teams late in the round that also need QB’s. Hmmmm!!

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

At least hand size extrapolation is used for something family friendly. :D

Here is an article about why the hand size measurement is an exercise in futility:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/nfl-combine-kyler-murray-hand-size-doesnt-matter

I like how they tried to show if there was statistical significance, but they didn't use a good sample they should of used the 32 starting QBs hand sizes to see if there was significance instead of a range of QBs with different hand sizes by using QBs that are not good there are other variables effecting the results