Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Same they were showing it until they cut it in order to show a replay of the KC-Titans game. wth.

Well this is just flat annoying, can't find anything besides a live streamed blog and every where saying its on nfl network.... talk about first world  problems 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, twfish said:

Well this is just flat annoying, can't find anything besides a live streamed blog and every where saying its on nfl network.... talk about first world  problems 

What blog is that? 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's my bold prediction: after the Senior Bowl, Jordan Love will be talked as a top 10 pick and people will start asking the question of whether Love should go before Herbert.

I have to say it's a big time for him, if he wants to show that many of his problems his last year where at their heart due to lacking talent the senior bowl is his time to do that.  

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Seems like Van Jefferson is turning some heads:

Yeah from what I saw on NFLN, he looked really good, Dane Jackson (CB from Pitt) looked good in press but (before they stopped showing) had an ugly rep in Off man

Also, does anyone know why Drew Lock fell to the 2nd round last year? I know they talk about Daniel Jones raising his stock after the Senior Bowl, but from what I can remember, Lock was considered to be a 1st rounder and had a good Senior Bowl and yet fell. I wonder if that could happen to any of the QBs in the draft

I remember Deebo Samuel putting on a clinic at the Senior Bowl last year and so wanted him for us in Round 2, with our early Jets pick.

Everyone has got a plan till they get punched in the mouth. :) When the pads come on and contact is allowed within 5 yards, we will see how well the WRs separate. Deebo's translated to the NFL and the 49ers are reaping the rewards. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait to hear how Love does. Could the colts be so impressed with Herbert to move up over the chargers. 

That would cost an awful lot, but i am feeling we will have to trade up if we want a QB this year

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

That would cost an awful lot, but i am feeling we will have to trade up if we want a QB this year

Yep... my feeling for a while has been that we might have to trade up to 8 with Arizona to get Love or Herbert. 

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Okay, as someone that was late to the party on QB, I have really liked Anthony Gordon in the 2nd, but I would not hate Jordon Love or Justin Herbert with our 1st round pick.  Of those 2, I would be willing to move up for Justin Herbert, if Reich falls head over heels for him and can convince Ballard. 

Looks like he is taking a long look right now!!

The thing is which one of those teams want to move down? We obviously would have to jump in front of chargers and panthers. Miami at 5 is not moving down. So what would the giants want for the fourth pick. They’re in need of a tackle and a receiver, which should be some nice ones left at 13th for them to take. Would our 34th and next years first get it done? I don’t mind losing next years 1st, if hebert is Ballard’s guy. We’d just prolly use that 2021 1st on a QB anyway, if we miss out this year

5 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

The thing is which one of those teams want to move down? We obviously would have to jump in front of chargers and panthers. Miami at 5 is not moving down. So what would the giants want for the fourth pick. They’re in need of a tackle and a receiver, which should be some nice ones left at 13th for them to take. Would our 34th and next years first get it done? I don’t mind losing next years 1st, if hebert is Ballard’s guy. We’d just prolly use that 2021 1st on a QB anyway, if we miss out this year

Teams know the Colts don't pick this low every year, so next years first is a non-starter in all likelihood. Giving up a 1st and 2nd this year for what you view as a franchise QB in Herbert (say) is definitely cheaper than what other teams have done for franchise QBs (Redskins for RG3, Giants for Eli etc.).

If we want to trade up, can't have the cake and eat it too. :) 

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Love is a wildcard.  He could go top 10 or drop to the bottom of day 2.  

I personally am leaning more towards top 10 or close to it.  In my experience GM's and coaches in the NFL are enamoured with potential which Love is dripping with.  

The good news is, whoever we get as a rookie, I think we have the right head coach to prepare him.  He coached Carson Wentz his rookie year and his 2nd year and that went fairly well.   

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Teams know the Colts don't pick this low every year, so next years first is a non-starter in all likelihood. Giving up a 1st and 2nd this year for what you view as a franchise QB in Herbert (say) is definitely cheaper than what other teams have done for franchise QBs (Redskins for RG3, Giants for Eli etc.)

For sure. What I meant was picks 13 & 34 this year and our 1st next year. I’m not fimiliar with the draft pick value chart but was wondering where those picks would get us.

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I think it is important to remember that we are seeing Reich watching Herbert, that doesn't mean anything really.  He could be looking at another player.  Just take everything with a grain of salt.

I'm almost certain Reich was watching the QBs. They will have tapes of everything... the HC and OC and playcaller of a QB needy team should absolutely use every chance he gets to watch one of the top QBs in the draft.

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Love is a wildcard.  He could go top 10 or drop to the bottom of day 2.  

I personally am leaning more towards top 10 or close to it.  In my experience GM's and coaches in the NFL are enamoured with potential which Love is dripping with.  

The good news is, whoever we get as a rookie, I think we have the right head coach to prepare him.  He coached Carson Wentz his rookie year and his 2nd year and that went fairly well.   

I agree with others in that I don't think New England nor New Orleans are letting him get out of the first round. 

3 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

For sure. What I meant was picks 13 & 34 this year and our 1st next year. I’m not fimiliar with the draft pick value chart but was wondering where those picks would get us.

I would think this year's 1st and next year's 1st would allow us to move from 13 to 4 in the draft, and we could keep No.34 and No.44.

Polian did give up a 1st rounder for Tony Ugoh, who he thought was a 1st round rated LT, in a trade with the 49ers. That happened due to the sudden retirement of Tarik Glenn after our SB win. At least that happened before the draft, unlike the Andrew Luck retirement, so giving up a future 1st would be something Ballard may not mind if he and Reich are sure about their franchise QB at No.4

Just now, chad72 said:

I would think this year's 1st and next year's 1st would allow us to move from 13 to 4 in the draft, and we could keep No.34 and No.44.

I thought I seen someone do the 13 and 34 and it got the Colts in the top 7 or 8. I d rather do that and keep the first next year.

20 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

I think the NYG would take pick 13, 34, and next year's first, IF, they don't covet a couple of players particular player and are willing to take BPA at 13. 

Maybe settle for Ceedee lamb instead of Jerry Jeudy, for example.

Archived