Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obj wanted for assault

TheBlueAndWhite

When I read it, I figured it was like a manager slapping a pitchers butt. But it was more a whack than a slap, and much harder than I imagined.

Conclusion:

He slapped the officers butt, so they slap him with an arrest warrant. One good slap deserves another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Why was the cop in the locker room? Was he asked to for any reason or did he just decide to play vigilante? Just curious.

I think they were called in because half the team was smoking cigars in the locker room. Something about alcohol in there too but I don't think they found any?

He just can't stand anyone enjoying a moment of glory and fame. He is not the only former college player. I wonder what his grade point was:lol:. Then he chooses to hand out money. Why? How much was he giving? Twenty bucks or thousands? Then he makes the decision to slap a person on their *. Hey stupid! You can't do that to anyone and you choose security and next you back up! Why?! Please publish your IQ.                                OBJ= Over Blown Jerk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why was the cop in the locker room? Was he asked to for any reason or did he just decide to play vigilante/hall monitor? Just curious.

OBJ obviously wants out of the Browns, it seems like. 

I heard a story that reporters asked for the players to put out their cigars because they could not deal with the smoke in the locker room. The players refused, obviously because they were celebrating. A reporter may have called the cops.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because it’s not a cop it was a security guard.

This is the dumbest thing to charge him with anything.

I’m in Law Enforcement, and when working the “beat” my advice is don’t touch a Cop or Security Guard that is armed period. It’s common sense. 

5 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

As someone in law enforcement, and someone who is not a fan of OBJ’s history and antics, this warrant for battery/assault is completely bull crap. Yes, technically it is assault, but come on, this is pretty petty. If it were me, I’d pulled him aside, explain to him why he shouldn’t of done it and what consequences actions like that can cause and let it go.  And no, him being a pro football player has no bearing on this. I’ve actually been in a similar situation years ago, simply called for backup, let things cool for a minute or two, then pulled the young man aside. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m in Law Enforcement, and when working the “beat” my advice is don’t touch a Cop or Security Guard that is armed period. It’s common sense. 

As am I. And while good advice, this is a gross overreaction in my opinion

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because it’s not a cop it was a security guard.

This is the dumbest thing to charge him with anything.

You can't put your hands on people.  Simple.   If I was that security guard I would have let it go,  but not everyone feels the same.   It's a different time .  Keep your hands to yourself.   Also, don't hand cash out to kids coming back next year.   

I don't have a problem with OBJ, but man maybe he has CTE

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As am I. And while good advice, this is a gross overreaction in my opinion

You're in law enforcement and find this a gross overreaction?  Have you  ever been surrounded in an uncomfortable situation and people are putting their hands on you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

He just can't stand anyone enjoying a moment of glory and fame. He is not the only former college player. I wonder what his grade point was:lol:. Then he chooses to hand out money. Why? How much was he giving? Twenty bucks or thousands? Then he makes the decision to slap a person on their *. Hey stupid! You can't do that to anyone and you choose security and next you back up! Why?! Please publish your IQ.                                OBJ= Over Blown Jerk

High talent does not always equal high IQ. 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s fine and dandy but that was clearly not assault.

It was assault by definition. But you would hope that a police officer or security guard would have situational awareness. It would seem that is of short supply when it comes to authority figures. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MPStack said:

Don’t quit the the desk job guy! 

I spent most of my 15 years in the field there bud.

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You're in law enforcement and find this a gross overreaction?  Have you  ever been surrounded in an uncomfortable situation and people are putting their hands on you?

yes and yes, more than once.  Some situations warrant charges, others didn't. and I think, in my OPINION, this to be an overreaction.  If this had been such a big deal, he'd been arrested on the spot. No, video came out, officer got embarrassed, decided to press charges. There are sworn police officers at every event of this magnitude, a simple call by the security officer and OBJ would have been arrested on the spot.  I almost guarantee you that is how that went down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOZER said:

Legally, yes it was. An overreaction, in my opinion yes, just as the OBJ thing is an overreaction. However, it is at her discretion to press charges, as is the officer in the OBJ case. In my opinion, both were overreactions. But legally allowed for charges. 

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

You mean a woman having her * slapped upset her? That's a big surprise. 

Theres a difference between a LOCKERROOM full of men where slapping someone's * is common practice, and a reporter outside where there is no such reputation.. 

I think it's safe to say this guard was butt hurt. 

wait what sudden realization GIF by Nick Jonas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

:mindblow:

The entire incident is just bizarre.

Agreed! It only takes one *.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I really dont understand security being in the locker room.  I mean seriously.  I dont get it.

To clarify, it was a Police Officer, not a Security Guard.

Personally, I thought the Officer was extremely intelligent handling the situation. His “situational awareness” was top notch, being surrounded by a bunch of reporters, cameras and players looking up to a guy who just distributed Benjamin’s.  It was not in his best interest to arrest OBJ at that moment. 

Being a Cop is difficult, everyone has a camera and it only takes a few seconds of a 2 minute video to paint the wrong picture, depending on the motivation.

Looking at the diverse opinions here, it’s easy at least for me to see, that the Police Officer was extremely professional handling this the way he did. 

If, this had of been a female Cop or two civilians in the work place, I’m certain the conversation would be somewhat different.

And it’s very unfortunate that we can’t all find common ground on what is appropriate or inappropriate.  

Unfortunately, not everyone likes the Cops, including some that posted in this thread. 

@csmopar Just a having fun with you nothing personal.  Apologies

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Personally, I thought the Officer was extremely intelligent handling the situation. His “situational awareness” was top notch, being surrounded by a bunch of reporters, cameras and players looking up to a guy who just distributed Benjamin’s.  It was not in his best interest to arrest OBJ at that moment. 

Being a Cop is difficult, everyone has a camera and it only takes a few seconds of a 2 minute video to paint the wrong picture, depending on the motivation.

Looking at the diverse opinions here, it’s easy at least for me to see, that the Police Officer was extremely professional handling this the way he did. 

If, this had of been a female Cop or two civilians in the work place, I’m certain the conversation would be somewhat different.

And it’s very unfortunate that we can’t all find common ground on what is appropriate or inappropriate.  

Unfortunately, not everyone likes the Cops, including some that posted in this thread. 

@csmopar Just a having fun with you nothing personal.  Apologies

its all good. No offense was taken. Everyone has opinions and perspectives and that is the way it should be. Carry on good sir

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Unfortunately, not everyone likes the Cops, including some that posted in this thread

I had said security..  not security guard.

But  that's  neither here or there.   My point was,  I'm confused as to why any law enforcement would be needed in a locker room.  

And for the record, I have nothing against law enforcement.  I fully support and appreciate everything they do.