Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Newest "Worst Fans In The World" Trophy Winner

King Colt

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

After all that the trophies the Patriots have brought back to the Pats fans they booed them yesterday in their loss to KC. From all the fans of all the other teams in the NFL I can only say you people should walk behind a skunk for your next meal.

I thought they were booing officials?

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

After all that the trophies the Patriots have brought back to the Pats fans they booed them yesterday in their loss to KC. From all the fans of all the other teams in the NFL I can only say you people should walk behind a skunk for your next meal.

I can totally understand why you are saying this... and in NO WAY am I defending those fans at all... but honestly, I think they were in shock. They were watching the unraveling of a 21 home game winning streak, and they were completely unprepared for it. Again, this is NOT defending what they did (I could care less about Pats fans and I am married to one haha) just a thought as to where it may have come from.

But again, I get what you are saying. Definitely can see how it came off as classless and ungrateful... especially if some of those same fans ever had anything negative to say about other fan bases that boo.  Different perspective when it’s your team that’s going down the tubes, eh? :thinking:

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Every team has fans that boo.  I also don't think there's anything wrong with booing.  If the team is playing poorly, what's wrong with booing?  Part of the game.

I think it rubs some people the wrong way because it can come off as being ungrateful for all the team has done.  I can understand both sides. I think fans have a right to boo when they are frustrated with what they are seeing; but I can also see how it might shed a negative light.  Tough topic (as we saw on this forum when Luck retired) 

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I think it rubs some people the wrong way because it can come off as being ungrateful for all the team has done.  I can understand both sides. I think fans have a right to boo when they are frustrated with what they are seeing; but I can also see how it might shed a negative light.  Tough topic (as we saw on this forum when Luck retired) 

Fans have booed bad plays and calls for decades and even centuries. Dang wimpy people need to grow thicker skin if booing is now offensive and not PC.

• Like 5

I remember a few New England fans on message boards were criticizing us for booing Andrew Luck when he walked to the locker-room after his retirement (as if our entire fanbase booed him). Now, when we say New England fans booed Brady, the fans deflect it by saying they were booing the officials.

I call bullocks. There were definitely at least a few New England fans booing Brady, just like yes there may have been a few Colts fans booing Luck. That's what alcohol and adrenaline will do to emotions. Both teams are guilty to some extent.

• Like 1

Awww, come on, some of our fans booed Luck when he retired, but it wasn’t the prevailing sentiment among Colt fans.  Don’t judge a fan base based on a few booers, especially when the Patriot fan base has so much worse stuff to be judged by (their support of/denial of team cheating, their arrogance, the fact that they consider it a personal accomplishment when their team “wins”, and I could go on...)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Every team has fans that boo.  I also don't think there's anything wrong with booing.  If the team is playing poorly, what's wrong with booing?  Part of the game.

I totally agree.  Cheer when good, boo when bad.   I don't see what is wrong.   

20 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I think it rubs some people the wrong way because it can come off as being ungrateful for all the team has done.  I can understand both sides. I think fans have a right to boo when they are frustrated with what they are seeing; but I can also see how it might shed a negative light.  

I guess, but the fans have done more for the team that the team has done for the fans.   

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no idea why some are? I am not. I think they are about done now anyway. I can't wait to see Baltimore put the smokin on them in the playoffs.

I went to a game at Foxborough and was treated pretty bad by those fans. Cussed at, beer thrown on me and threatened with harm just because I wore my Colts jersey. 

I hope the Patriots go on a losing streak that rivals what they had before Belichick and Brady arrived. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I went to a game at Foxborough and was treated pretty bad by those fans. Cussed at, beer thrown on me and threatened with harm just because I wore my Colts jersey. 

I hope the Patriots go on a losing streak that rivals what they had before Belichick and Brady arrived. 

Yeah you have guts going into that place with a Colts jersey on. Hats off to you my friend. I have been to 50 or so home games and only 1 road game lmao . I am like Peyton, I love the dome. The 1 road game I went to was in 2004 at Chicago, their fans are cool.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you have guts going into that place with a Colts jersey on. Hats off to you my friend. I have been to 50 or so home games and only 1 road game lmao . I am like Peyton, I love the dome. The 1 road game I went to was in 2004 at Chicago, their fans are cool.

Yeah Chicago, Green Bay and even Pittsburgh were cool. I had a great time at all three of those places. 

The two places I would never go back to are Foxborough and Philly. Both those places need to lighten up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes they were. I think the nickname the city of brotherly love is dead wrong. haha

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sounds like brotherly HATE :funny:

Isn't that how brothers show their love for one another?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sisterly love would be hugs and kisses, but brotherly love is headlocks and noogies, so maybe the name is apt.  haha

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah Chicago, Green Bay and even Pittsburgh were cool. I had a great time at all three of those places. 

The two places I would never go back to are Foxborough and Philly. Both those places need to lighten up. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always here Philly fans are nasty toward visitors lmao 

I’m from Philly and went to a preseason game in a Colts jersey (I just mentioned this in another thread haha). Man they made sure me and the few others who sported our blue were taunted, and that was just preseason! Not a fun experience at all. But I’m a Philly native so I cheered on my Colts regardless, grew up around Philly rudeness so it is what it is! :headspin:

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sounds like brotherly HATE :funny:

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Isn't that how brothers show their love for one another?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sisterly love would be hugs and kisses, but brotherly love is headlocks and noogies, so maybe the name is apt.  haha

LOL! Actually some years ago the city’s slogan was expanded to “The city of brotherly love and sisterly affection...” trust me, both have been proven wrong a million times over haha! But just like every city, there is good and bad. Philly isn’t 100% awful people, just like no other place is either. Just the rowdy crazies are what the city ends up getting known for because there are a lot of them! 

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes they were. I think the nickname the city of brotherly love is dead wrong. haha

Haha! Please, don’t judge my old city’s slogan based simply off of your fan experience at football games! (Now, if you want to add the road rage, pushing each other in lines at the supermarket, neighbors getting into fights in the middle of the street, etc... now you have a true basis for your argument :lol: )

18 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Why ya’ll taking up for the Pats lol

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no idea why some are? I am not. I think they are about done now anyway. I can't wait to see Baltimore put the smokin on them in the playoffs.

I see some posts in this thread that would make it seem that way... I am definitely not, just want to point that out, haha! I even said in my first post on here that I could care less about the Pats fans. But I was agreeing with @King Colt ‘s OP that it did come off as rude when the fans booed, given that  team has given NE so many championships. I feel “meh” about the calls that didn’t go their way, don’t really care if this is the beginning of their downward spiral. I just didn’t expect the fans to boo and when they did my initial reaction was, wow, after all those championships? That’s rude. Not that they are the worst in the world, but definitely hypocritical if those same fans were criticizing those that booed Luck. 

However, I also said I understood why they were booing, out of shock of seeing that home game winning streak disappear... same as I understood why the fans booed out of shock of hearing about Luck’s retirement. But sympathy for the Pats? Or their fans? Nah... never! :scorebad:

54 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Haha! Please, don’t judge my old city’s slogan based simply off of your fan experience at football games! (Now, if you want to add the road rage, pushing each other in lines at the supermarket, neighbors getting into fights in the middle of the street, etc... now you have a true basis for your argument :lol: )

I drove a 18 wheeler around there quite a bit and it didn't take me long to figure out what a total nightmare that place can be in a big truck. 

Not as bad as Patterson NJ but close. :dunno::D

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

They were the Pats were screwed by the officials in that game!

I can't feel sorry for them seeing how they themselves have benefited from partisan officials for so many years now. 

So yeah, no sympathy here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I can't feel sorry for them seeing how they themselves have benefited from partisan officials for so many years now. 

Pats fans will never see it like most other fans of other teams. I can't blame them because they love their team but they along with Pittsburgh have gotten away with more holding on offense and defense than other team I have ever seen. Yeah they got ripped off against KC but over the last 20 years they have got the benefit of the doubt from the REFS a lot. I am even talking non-calls like I stated.

12 hours ago, Gramz said:

Oh wasn’t expecting sympathy just stating they had gotten screwed and that’s why they booed.. the Ravens got a huge non call on 4th and 1 as well.. Refs have helped  make sure their losses were just that...