Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

Nadine

Well that is the season short of winning out but let’s face it that isn’t going to happen.  At best 9-7 or 8-8.  It’s been a fairly pathetic year and does anyone really see us beating the Patriots or Ravens, let me answer that NO.  Jacoby and Hilton are hurt far worse than is being let on and at this point would probably be best to put them both on IR and let them heal.  Tank remainder of season and get a good draft pick.

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Absolutely crapped the bed. 

Worst

Gameplan

Ever

No imagination. Ran the same 4 running plays the entire game.

T.Y. drops 2 first downs......that didn't help.

But I cannot stress this enough.

Worst

Gameplan

Ever

Like ever

It really wasnt. We controlled the clock. We ran the ball well. We stalled drives with dropped third down conversions and mistakes. We were 1 yard short of a 4th down conversion that would have likely led to a fieldgoal attempt to send this into overtime... or better yet, win with a touchdown. 

This Houston offense is capable of putting up points in a hurry, and we held them in check many drives and to 20 points tonight. That's a winnable gameplan. We didn't convert enough on offense to win. We don't have the offensive weapons we think we do. This team needs Mack, Funchess and Campbell healthy. 

21 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Running the ball is so overrated. It’s not the way to win football games anymore. It’s about 10 years to late

running the ball is definitely NOT overrated.  its what wins playoff games. unfortunately thats all this team can do. our passing game is anemic. if we had a better QB we’d be a top 5 offense

19 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Does not change the fact you in fact are a troll. 

why do you take it so personal when people talk negative about the colts . its a fan forum to talk with other colt fans about everything colts .  everything cant be good.   being able to vent with other colt fans about the team is why we come on here.  

no one is creating a profile commenting all week about the colts just to talk bad about them. when they play good we talk positive about them . when they play bad we vent and talk about what needs to happen to improve . that is the fun about being on a forum

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Clearly, Reich didn't have confidence in the passing game tonight. No downfield passing to speak of. On TV, with no all 22, it's tough to say whether the receivers weren't getting open or if Jacoby missed seeing open receivers.

I watched the whole game and we never tried to go deep except twice. Ebron once and JB made a bad throw and there was 1 pass JB threw long and Johnson ran the wrong route. It is amazing to me that not 1 time the whole game we didn't just send TY deep on a fake and go. One the best Colts WR's of all-time and he has speed never sent deep. Puzzling Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice

• Like 1

Guys the gameplan was not bad at all. I thought Reich called a good game based on what we can do and what we have. We have horrible wide recievers, a QB who is the definition of game manager, and the only strength on our entire team is our O line. I really didnt wanna say this but this is the kind of game Andrew Luck wouldve won. We need a QB, but i see no way of us getting one outside of a miracle in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched the whole game and we never tried to go deep except twice. Ebron once and JB made a bad throw and there was 1 pass JB threw long and Johnson tan the wrong route. It is amazing to me that not 1 time the whole game we didn't just send TY deep on a fake and go. One the best Colts WR's of all-time and he has speed never sent deep. Puzzling Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice

the first game the texans stopped the run and jb beat them going deep . it seems like only on a two minute drill or when the run game doesnt work , will we throw .

you have to at least try and throw on 1st down cant be predictable .  can't protect jb  you have to let him try .  If he fails he fails but you have to let him fail at least not baby him.

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Guys the gameplan was not bad at all. I thought Reich called a good game based on what we can do and what we have. We have horrible wide recievers, a QB who is the definition of game manager, and the only strength on our entire team is our O line. I really didnt wanna say this but this is the kind of game Andrew Luck wouldve won. We need a QB, but i see no way of us getting one outside of a miracle in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

towards the end it was bad .  mix it up with play action on first down.   you have to let jb throw let him fail then.   cant baby him all game .

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I love the ground and pound game plan but never sending TY deep 1 time is ridiculous IMO. I consider deep 50 yards.

Just to be clear on Hilton, it’s not that he didn’t catch them. The DB made the play. Hilton just isn’t going to burn anybody until he’s 100% obviously if he can’t burn Joseph. And calling him for the go route in those situations was bad. Cherry picking underneath routes where a guy is open is just that, cherry picking. You could find those on any play with any quarterback from the easy chair.

• Nadine locked this topic