Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

Nadine

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It has been the same problem with JB all year.  He doesn't anticipate receivers getting open and it absolutely limits his passing game to his first read and the dump it to the hot guy.  That's been his passing prowess.  People blame the receivers getting open, but they do.  You can see it when you can see enough of the field.  Sometimes on replays.

The main WR couldn’t get open vs a 35 year old CB off the bench. And that’s the play the coach called on 2 3rd downs in a row instead of the 1 thing the offense can do. And the pass still hit him in the hands both times.

1 minute ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I am REALLY sick of us getting screwed by the refs FAR more often than our opponents.

Nonsense.  Losing this game was because we couldn't pass the ball and nothing more.  This game is on Brissett and his receivers.  Not sure who is more to blame but man Brissett does not inspire me at all

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And for all u people who say our wrs suck.  What has happened to the tight end involvement in this offence? People on this board were saying that we had the best tight end group in the NFL.  All of a sudden they can't get open or have become obsolete?!?!? Doesn't male sense... 

Brisett is no Luck.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

you cant win games in 2019 averaging 150 passing yards a game .    you cant line up every single first down and run the ball then run the ball again , then try and pass it on 3rd and long .   play calling was so bad the whole game .

I refuse to think the entire staff just forgot how to call a game.... Ya think they are working within limitations maybe? Lol 

Just now, Shafty138 said:

No, the recovery sure wasn't.  And no, I'm not blaming the refs for this loss.  We get the ball back there and do what, run for ten more yards?  Who cares

We came up with it in the scrum. Recovery is the same with any other fumble. Doesn’t matter. Why wasn’t it even reviewed?

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

That and our supposedly good defense crumbled tonight Passing game blows.

That was more of an issue with how we schemed against Watson.  We played him with the spy, which the point was to have someone once Watson inevitably scrambles.  That means you're running a lot of man coverage and we didn't have the CB power to match Fuller and Hopkins.  Once the play breaks down and scramble rules are in effect, we just can't keep up.  The bombs were just well thrown prayers against inferior CBs.  Sigh...

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

you cant win games in 2019 averaging 150 passing yards a game .    you cant line up every single first down and run the ball then run the ball again , then try and pass it on 3rd and long .   play calling was so bad the whole game .

Disagree.  We pounded the ball. The passing game failed.

Nonsense.  Losing this game was because we couldn't pass the ball and nothing more.  This game is on Brissett and his receivers.  Not sure who is more to blame but man Brissett does not inspire me at all

Follow the logic. Us. Playing. Badly. Does. Not. Mean. It's. Ok. For. The. Refs. To. Give. A. Massive. Advantage. To. The. Other Team.
k? It's pretty simple

Just now, ColtsSouljah said:

Follow the logic. Us. Playing. Badly. Does. Not. Mean. It's. Ok. For. The. Refs. To. Give. A. Massive. Advantage. To. The. Other Team.
k? It's pretty simple

They didn't. It's that simple.  Brissett was go na throw for 50per ENT of his total yards the last thirty or so seconds?  Lol. Ok 

2 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

k? It's pretty simple

We didn't play badly.  The passing game was beyond bad.  150 yards passing in today's football against a horrible passing D. 

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I have a feeling we will all be talking about the Peyton Manning 2006 Superbowl win as our greatest memory as they bring us our food tray at the old folks home!

Some of us are closer to that reality t

God no.  D played very good.  Running game pounded the rock.  U tell me that and I would thought we won the game.  The passing game was absolutely horrible. In Ballard we trust......not.

Hmm.  

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

They didn't. It's that simple.  Brissett was go na throw for 50per ENT of his total yards the last thirty or so seconds?  Lol. Ok 

Let's try this again. This has LITERALLY nothing to do with Brissett playing badly. At all.

And, if you don't think the Texans got a massive advantage then you weren't paying attention.

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The main WR couldn’t get open vs a 35 year old CB off the bench. And that’s the play the coach called on 2 3rd downs in a row instead of the 1 thing the offense can do. And the pass still hit him in the hands both times.

I mean yea, those were two big plays...but there's plenty of others that JB missed as well.  Arguably more crucial plays.  I like JB, and he's our best option.  He's still an option that holds us back against teams like the Texans where they can score ultra quickly and our response is never less than a 6 minute drive.  We lean on the run and when it's not there, it hurts.

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

Absolutely crapped the bed. 

Worst

Gameplan

Ever

No imagination. Ran the same 4 running plays the entire game.

T.Y. drops 2 first downs......that didn't help.

But I cannot stress this enough.

Worst

Gameplan

Ever

Like ever

Not. 20 points given up by the D.  We pounded the rock which should have made it easy for the passing game. Simple,  Brissett cant find a phone in a phone booth!!! He is not the answer

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Old Colt said:

The world is a troll in your eyes... this team is average at  best and not very good and if someone says that, you call  them names...typical

A simple click on your profile and read you comments explains all. All negative and zip positive. You fool nobody. TROLL

JB played poorly, so pour it on to the people that think he stinks. Let me say this as bad as he played why was Hopkins wide open on 2 easy TD's?  Why is Frank Reich handing the ball off on every key down? TY Hilton should've caught that last deep ball too as well, no excuse for not making that play as JB threw a good ball on that deep pass. 

This might be the worst coaching job I have ever seen Reich do. Hand off after hand off. I mean Jeez! If you think JB isn't the man Frank, then put Chad Kelly in for peat sakes. 

• Like 2