Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jaguars Game Day Thread

SteelCityColt

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Moving the ball, but JB still can't throw a wr open.... They all have to stop and wait to get the ball....

It's called sitting in the open spot of a zone.  All receivers do that.  That's how you get open.  Run through a seam in the zone or sit and wait in an open area.

8 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

He's done a good job. Injuries are killing them right now. The starting QB quit at a time they had little time to adjust.  But he has made some mistakes too, like sitting on all that cap money and not spending it on O and D depth. Firing the Oline coach after a highly successful season.  Too many people have overrated this roster.  This is a middle of the road team. 

Correct. Like sitting on that cap money. Ballard doesn’t really deserve praise, he hasn’t proven anything. I’ll give him time, but her certainly doesn’t deserve accolades yet. Reich as well. They had a nice season last year with an all world QB. Jacoby isn’t all world. I’ve watched this team for decades (just remembered my login lol) They are very far away. Remember when they were really good it was still hard and got only 1 chip. 

They are an average team so be it. 

9 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

He looked unstoppable for a year, and rightfully so.... He def. Lived up to the early hype.... Long term? We'll see.... Pretty sure the rest of the league liked what Ballard did early too, not just fans who grew weary of grigs dumb %

Grigs just became so arrogant after the successful season and killed any hope of regaining respect of the team and then lazy and complacent with that really nice (at first) first draft. The rest of his time was awful and the success of the team got worse only to be capable because of Luck. Grigs definitely deserved to go and probably 2-3 too late. Some of Reichs choices and some of the picks of CB is starting to look questionable at this point. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I’m curious as to why  Wilkins in inactive and Williams is active. I didn’t think Wilkins had been to bad with the touches he has received.

Wilkins injured 

• Like 1

• Nadine locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is amazing that a lot of games can come down to only 1 or 2 game changing plays to determine a winner now days. It is a fine line between winning and losing. Tennessee won 4 games last year (At Seattle, Here, 49ers, Saints)  that I can remember because lady luck was on their side. They could have easily lost all of those games and been an 8-9 team. They would somehow get a crucial INT late when the opposing QB had a brain fart or they would convert a 4th and long then win on a last 2nd FG. Back in the day when we had Peyton we could make 2 or 3 mistakes and get away with it most of the time, now we can't nor can most teams.
    • Last year should be a case study for why it's very hard to win games in the NFL. Plenty of teams who should have won more, lost. Plenty of teams who should've lost, won. Gone are the days of cut and dry guaranteed winners. On paper the Bills should easily win their division, but in reality the flipping Dolphins could even win that title. 
    • I agree the OL doesn’t look elite now.   The difference is….   I wasn’t expecting it.   Not with two new guys.   And I’m not expecting it by wk1 of the regular season.    Too soon.    But I’m expecting it to be good enough to win with until it gets better.    Kevin Bowen has written our OL is no longer elite, but it can still be very good.   And I think that’s fair.   That’s what I’m hoping for.  
    • I agree with your last sentence for sure.  It looks like some on this thread don't realize the complexity of Oline play. And a major caveat here is that you can't really simulate the effectiveness in the running game, as I have stated almost every time I've commented on the oline.     However NCF, our Oline has also been getting beat up quite often in 1 on 1 matchups.  It's pretty evident.  In pass pro, most and at times all 5 linemen are going to be on their own.  Our pass pro was horrendous last season, and that can be largely accounted for by injury, but it was also horrendous late in the season, and unless people are hiding injury, we were mainly healthy.  If we have to chip and keep people in to combat this, then an already underwhelming pass catching unit will be even less whelming.    We don't look like a top unit right now, and if you don't see that, then we just see things differently.   I think it's imperative to this team's success that the OLINE plays at an elite or at least near elite level since there is so much invested in it, but right now it seems fairly obvious to me anyway that we don't seem to be on that trajectory.  
    • Lions IMO will be better than most people think this year. I have them at 5 wins, maybe 6. They lost a lot of close games last year. I could care less it was just the Lions, they are an NFL team. I suppose on opening day when we beat Houston, some will say it was only Houston  . Some in here think winning in the NFL is easy. Suit up and explain it to me 
  • Members