Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offically out, Leonard, Hooker, Lewis for Raiders

csmopar

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I guess he didn't see how many passes the Falcons threw in between Okereke and Walker...

Yes and I have also seen a lot of passes completed when Leonard and Walker r paired up.  I am not really high on our starting lbs.  Actually I cannot think of any player on this D that is not replaceable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'd say one of out top D players.  Don't see Leonard and Lewis as big losses.  Walker got huge tackle #s which is the norm for the WILL position in this D.

Our defense is terrible without Leonard. Thinking an all pro linebacker isn’t one of our top defensive players is malarkey

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BLUEx40 said:

To be honest im not lookin forward to bobby starting he has this great ability to never disengage from blocks and imo has a lackluster motor at best not sold on him at all

He had his good moments and bad moments Sunday. That is expected with a rookie. If he is a quick learner he should be better this week. There was a quote I saw that for every rookie you start expect one loss. Oakland is incredibly young also. I think I saw that they have like 13 rookies on their team. Don’t know if that is true. What scares me is they are so young they can at anytime have a great game. They held KC scoreless in 3 quarters. 

7 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Missing top 2 WRs, all pro linebacker, star safety, and important run defender (against a team that is good at running). Oh, and our franchise QB called it quits a month ago.

If this team somehow can be 3-1 at the quarter mark of the season, that would be incredibly impressive.

If we do that we would be on track to only lose 4 games. One loss per quarter.

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes and I have also seen a lot of passes completed when Leonard and Walker r paired up.  I am not really high on our starting lbs.  Actually I cannot think of any player on this D that is not replaceable.

lol i thought i was the only one who noticed our Lbs aren’t as good this year  we struggle to contain the run..yes Sheard has been missing but it’s next man up and everyone else can’t seem to run defend lmao  ppl make it seem  like because we have leonard we have found away to stop getting beat by TE  when him and everyone else are being embarrassed by the TE position on our def he’s great but he’s been limited in his coverage ability this year by far a lineman caught a TD on leonard this year haha  

12 minutes ago, will426 said:

lol i thought i was the only one who noticed our Lbs aren’t as good this year  we struggle to contain the run..yes Sheard has been missing but it’s next man up and everyone else can’t seem to run defend lmao  ppl make it seem  like because we have leonard we have found away to stop getting beat by TE  when him and everyone else are being embarrassed by the TE position on our def he’s great but he’s been limited in his coverage ability this year by far a lineman caught a TD on leonard this year haha  

Yep...TEs are still a problem...and so are pass-catching RBs I fear...but (outside of TENN’s bad offense)...they couldn’t limit the top option in the passing game...which is even more concerning. Essentially...LAC and ATL basically got what they wanted in the passing game.

And the run defense is mostly nonexistent so far...hopefully getting some guys back will help.

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2019 at 3:22 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

He meant Minkah Fitzpatrick and I agree with him.

Thank you, I thought that was obvious who I was talking about, the "upgraded defense" should have been a better hint. BTW, he's looking real good for the Steelers, and they have him for 3 more years with very little salary since the Phoins paid the bonus out already..