Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts claim Foreman off waivers

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Hilarious.  I like “They’re playing 4D chess while we can’t even open the checkers box.”

That’s one of the few comments that can be quoted here.  

loved the follow up;

Good News: They got the box open.
Bad News: It was actually a crayon box, and the Texans are busy eating them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If this guy still has PS eligibility left I won’t be surprised if he is eventually put on the PS. This could be a similar situation to Collins.

We're allowed 4 players on the PS with 2 years of experience IIRC. He was drafted in 2017 so he should be eligible. 

• Like 2

Achilles are no joke for RBs. Add the lack of effort and late to practice issues... That's a lot to overcome. 

Absolutely loved him in College, and even remember his recruitment in HS a little. One of the digs on him in the draft was that at his weight, he was more finesse than power. While big, I don't see him as a Spenser Ware or Ford type of back. He's more of a heavier Mack or Wilkins style guy.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Williams practiced today and had like 3 TD. He is looking really good. Haven’t heard much about Wilkins.

Do TD's in practice matter much?

I'm not being a smart *, I just thought it odd to bring it up.   Don't they practive goal line lines where the running back could end up with 6-7 TD's.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Like the move he’s young, and if he can return to form this is a good look for the organization. I believe he can be stashed in the Practice Squad.

I believe he’s being brought in as the short yardage back, which Mack or Hines is not. 

However, if Foreman stays healthy and motivated, his ceiling could be much higher.

• Like 1

I remember a lot of folks on here really wanted to draft him. I was never a big fan of his style, since he's the size of a power back but doesn't play like one. I saw him as a guy that looked good on paper, but would be very average on game day, so I wasn't on board with drafting him.

I'm absolutely on board with claiming him off waivers though. Very low risk with a potentially solid return. I think we have the culture and leadership for him to thrive. Hopefully he can realize his potential and help improve our RB room, even if it's just as depth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The replies in r/Texans are pretty contrasty in comparison to the takes in the Colts sub...

lol that Texan thread was a treat lol.  I mean, I'd give him back, but now I want him to do good just because I want to see more Texan fans sack punching themselves.  That comment about eating the box of crayons was fabulous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Ewww.  Hated the guy pre draft.  Loved the landing spot.  Hated the fact they waived him 2 years in.  Currently hate the fact we claimed him.  He's good to push the pile... if he ever gets to it.  

I'll take that as you're undecided on Foreman.

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So I just saw foreman’s dad post on a colts Facebook page. Ballard is a friend of his families. This explains why we brought him in. Chris must know a lot more about this kid personally.

Remember Ballard used to coach football in Texas so I'm sure he's got some ties .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol that Texan thread was a treat lol.  I mean, I'd give him back, but now I want him to do good just because I want to see more Texan fans sack punching themselves.  That comment about eating the box of crayons was fabulous.

Yeah the one guy sounds like he fully expects him to be the next Emmitt Smith now that he's on the Colts, & he's at peace with it... he's like "I'm not even mad."

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

On August 4, 2019, Foreman was waived by the Texans, who cited poor work habits and being late to team meetings. I sure hope this changes.

Or it isn’t true. The Texans are a mess. It’s going to be a uphill climb for him to make the roster. Sounds like a favor to the family since Ballard is friends with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Foreman was a lazy slouch with the Texans. BO'B had high hopes for him but he just never showed any motivation to do anything. His release form Houston has been in the conversations on sport radio this week. No one misses him here.

He couldn't make our team slouching.  Strong competition at pretty much every position.

He'll have to bring it or get left in the dust .