Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Attempt at a Smokescreen Thus Far in Pre-Draft Process?

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Colts bringing in Josh Jacobs for multiple visits. :) j/k - just had to throw that in. 

I actually think this could be a smokescreen. Rumor has it the eagles and colts are both interested. Also that both teams want the same player. So maybe the colts are trying to get the eagles to take him so the guy they want will drop to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

Smokescreens, Untruths and Lies.  General Tomfoolery or Gamesmanship among the NFL Organizations...

Best Attempt at a Smokescreen Thus Far in Pre-Draft Process?

Gotta go with the Raiders, dismissing their entire scouting department a week before the draft to prevent leaks?!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Colts bringing in Josh Jacobs for multiple visits. :) j/k - just had to throw that in. 

Seriously, though... Colts going after all those top RBs in both FA and the draft, and at the same time showing practically no interest in any WRs is wild to me. This is either the best smokescreen of the season or Ballard is truly OK with our WR corps and is searching for top tier enhancement of the RB position. 

• Like 3

I really don't understand why the Cards would draft Murray.  Rosen wasn't ROTY last season, but they gave up a lot to get him with pick #10 and surely he needs more than 1 season to prove himself.

If I were the Cards, I would either draft Bosa or trade down to get a bucket load of picks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I really don't understand why the Cards would draft Murray.  Rosen wasn't ROTY last season, but they gave up a lot to get him with pick #10 and surely he needs more than 1 season to prove himself.

If I were the Cards, I would either draft Bosa or trade down to get a bucket load of picks

Because Big Red is running the team?

On 4/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, AZColt11 said:

Lies lies lies......damn lies...….and more lies.  That's all we are getting right now.  Only a handful of people know what that Colts war room is trying to do.

'Tis the season.  Telling the truth gets you nowhere right now, allowing misinformation could reward you.  Much of the 'inside info' gathered comes from agents, not football personnel.  Remember-

Those who know don't talk.  Those who talk don't know. Or mislead.

Here's one from the past-

** In 1997, Buccaneers GM Rich McKay was looking for a running back. When asked about Warrick Dunn, McKay responded by saying “he’s not big enough to be our waiter.” The next day McKay selected Dunn with the 12th pick in the draft.   :yahoo: **

• Like 3

I think it only makes sense that it's the Cards with Murray. If they do draft Murray they should go down as the stupidest team because of how they botched the Rosen deal. If they want a first for Rosen they are assuring that they will only get a 3ed. Teams KNOW they have to part with Rosen, why give up anything? This tells me that they are all hot and bothered for Murray to get a team to give up a lot (Raiders giving up #4, late 1st and a #2??)

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

I think it only makes sense that it's the Cards with Murray. If they do draft Murray they should go down as the stupidest team because of how they botched the Rosen deal. If they want a first for Rosen they are assuring that they will only get a 3ed. Teams KNOW they have to part with Rosen, why give up anything? This tells me that they are all hot and bothered for Murray to get a team to give up a lot (Raiders giving up #4, late 1st and a #2??)

Yes, if they wanted to get rid of Rosen, it's not good. If they had already got rid of Rosen, their intentions would be fully known now as well. No secrecy.  We don't know this will play out.  They could trade down a few slots, and still get Murray and collect another draft pick(s).  Who knows?

Now, can the Cards afford both Rosen and Murray? Yes.  Can Rosen run the Kingsbury offense?  Kingsbury says yes-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025861/article/kingsbury-adamant-josh-rosen-can-run-his-offense

Can they draft Murray, keep Rosen and make it a QB competition? Well, they could.  It would be uncomfortable at best. No matter what, Steve Keim is in a pickle.  If no team will 'give up anything', then Keim has to keep him. If not, imagine the tense discussion with the Bidwill's when he explains how he sent the 15th pick, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick to get a QB at #10 in 2018, only to trade him away the very next year for 'peanuts' (like a 3rd).  You can't have that discussion.  And I expect he won't.  They'll either pass on Murray, or get reasonable compensation (not great though) for Rosen, or draft Murray and keep both until a team gets desperate down the road for a starting caliber young QB and gives Keim a call.

I'm sorry, if I'm Keim and someone calls now and says "Hey, we'll give you 3rd for him", I'd just laugh and click the hangup/end call button.  I want to have a decent position and strategy when I get called into the owners office after the draft.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, if they wanted to get rid of Rosen, it's not good. If they had already got rid of Rosen, their intentions would be fully known now as well. No secrecy.  We don't know this will play out.  They could trade down a few slots, and still get Murray and collect another draft pick(s).  Who knows?

Now, can the Cards afford both Rosen and Murray? Yes.  Can Rosen run the Kingsbury offense?  Kingsbury says yes-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025861/article/kingsbury-adamant-josh-rosen-can-run-his-offense

Can they draft Murray, keep Rosen and make it a QB competition? Well, they could.  It would be uncomfortable at best. No matter what, Steve Keim is in a pickle.  If no team will 'give up anything', then Keim has to keep him. If not, imagine the tense discussion with the Bidwill's when he explains how he sent the 15th pick, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick to get a QB at #10 in 2018, only to trade him away the very next year for 'peanuts' (like a 3rd).  You can't have that discussion.  And I expect he won't.  They'll either pass on Murray, or get reasonable compensation (not great though) for Rosen, or draft Murray and keep both until a team gets desperate down the road for a starting caliber young QB and gives Keim a call.

I'm sorry, if I'm Keim and someone calls now and says "Hey, we'll give you 3rd for him", I'd just laugh and click the hangup/end call button.  I want to have a decent position and strategy when I get called into the owners office after the draft.

If I'm Keim I take Bosa. It's stupid how they're giving up on Rosen already

5 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

If I'm Keim I take Bosa. It's stupid how they're giving up on Rosen already

The Cards gave up on the head coach, Steve Wilks. After 1 year.  You know the Bidwill's, Keim addressed Rosen with Kliff Kingsbury at his interview.  So they've known what was going to unfold. They have to, or they are more inept than they already look.

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The Cards gave up on the head coach, Steve Wilks. After 1 year.  You know the Bidwill's, Keim addressed Rosen with Kliff Kingsbury at his interview.  So they've known what was going to unfold. They have to, or they are more inept than they already look.

It is a terrible situation for Kyler Murray to already go in, given the inept Cardinals' O-line. On top of that, Josh Rosen!!! I would not be surprised that once they draft Kyler Murray, they will settle for a 2nd rounder (or 2nd and 4th, something like that) from the Dolphins to trade Josh Rosen.

Teams have the luxury to call out the Cardinals' bluff. If they don't draft Kyler Murray, it will be a ripple effect, IMO, with the other QBs.

After watching our video series "With the Next Pick" I'm beginning to think we spend so much time evaluating players that there's no time for smokescreens, etc.

Ballard just keeps his thoughts to himself, as well as the rest of our staff, and they are prepared to make the best pick possible in each round.

They are not going to pick a player just to keep another team from drafting said player.  that's not the recipe for success.