Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chances of this being the colts first offensive play

If the colts get the ball first or the Texans have to punt the first drive what are the chances they will try to hit TY deep on the first play of the game.  It could also be what the Texans are expecting which might leave Mack open for a big run. Or could leave someone else wide open. I think we might try and take advantage of their poor passing defense right away.

Not very good? Idk. I guess I don't see the benefit of opening with this... I like it more when we've been successful running and then get them to bite on a play fake. Could be fun, but again... What's the benefit? As opposed to any other time obviously,  I get the benefit of going deep to TY in general lol.

• Like 3

I would prefer to get offense in a rhythm of moving  chains with running and finding receivers in soft spots of zone. Combination of TY's bum ankle and Texans putting a lot of double team on him may make him less a factor in getting the ball from Luck but will help open up other receivers who will get the ball. TY will get some balls but I am not sure we can expect him to repeat what he has done to the Texans in past  games. The fact that they will key on him may help us get the ball to other guys.

Inman and Rogers have played well as of late. Pascal has shown improvement as well. Ebron is a  bigfactor a

nd I like Allie Mo Cox who can be a factor. I can see us throwing more to  Hines, Wilkins and Mack as well - particularly if we need to neutralize Texan pass rush. Key for Colts will be to protect Luck and show that we can run the ball. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing the defense will determine the first play,   and every play after that

^This.

If they leave TY one-on-one, then heck yeah, SEND IT!

But if they're in Cover 2 and TY would be doubled or tripled on a deep route, Luck has to take what the defense gives him and dump it off underneath.

36 minutes ago, JustAColtsFan said:

TY will have to be wide open and very deep.  He can't out run many defenders on that bum ankle. :facepalm:

Honestly, if it’s not broken/fractured, eventually it will have to get better. Granted he is playing on it every week; but there’s a possibility it improves a little, rather than continues to get worse. I’m just hoping none of their DB’s go after his ankle to stop him from dominating them every game. 

1 hour ago, ManningGM said:

TY gonna be used as a decoy until the 2nd half. Inman didn't play in our last meeting....watch out.

That would not surprise me.  But at some point they have to show he is capable of beating them.  

If they blanket him, I expect a lot of underneath shots to Hines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAColtsFan said:

TY will have to be wide open and very deep.  He can't out run many defenders on that bum ankle. :facepalm:

He torched Jackson the first time they played the titans last Sunday against Jackson he could barely get open that ankle is getting worst the more he tries to play on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He torched Jackson the first time they played the titans last Sunday against Jackson he could barely get open that ankle is getting worst the more he tries to play on it.

He seemed fine initially, but after his first big catch when he favored it a bit walking off the field, it was pretty obvious the ankle was really bothering him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing the defense will determine the first play,   and every play after that

THIS! 

Luck just needs to take what the Defense gives him and not force anything. Those dumb throws when he tries to force the issue get the Colts in trouble. Take the dump off pass if it's there (throw away if not) or take off running and make the defense pay for not spying on him. 

• Like 1