Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

Hark

Is Ryan Kelly's health the key to this game? As other posters have said, it is hard to believe the Texans won't do everything necessary to take away TY. With that, we will need to count on EE in the passing game, and show the ability to run the ball. It is no secret that our running game improves substantially when Ryan Kelly plays. Just curious what the rest of you think.

Even though we celebrate individuals and certain ones are playmakers, from here on out, everybody has to play well, from the obvious ones like TY, Luck, Leonard and Ebron, to unsung heroes like Mo Allie Cox, Desir, Hooker, Audry and even guys like Chris Milton who is playing well on STs.

Coaching is critical as well. If the Colts advance, it will truly be a team effort.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We need Kelly.  Mainly for his communication. Especially with Watt and Clowney on the other side.

I think Luck was calling the line setups when Kelly was out.  Maybe Boehm is getting better at it, but Kelly is at the All Pro level.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Kelly is going to be ready to go Sunday. His nerve has healed and he is jacked. It’s the first time in a long time all our lineman are healthy. I can get the tweet to load but it was a tweet by the reporter for the Indy Star.

:hat: GREAT news. Geathers will likely be out there for Saturday also.

• Like 5

Kelly seems to really be the x-factor of our offense. When he's playing, our offense is dominant and when he's not, it's just good. We don't have nearly the balance with the running game when he's out and while Evan is a solid C, Kelly has shown that he is one of the best in the league.

Kelly playing Saturday is the best news we've heard all week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Kelly practiced today and told a reporter he's good to go for Saturday!  That's great news!

What exactly was wrong with his neck? Will this be a lingering issue going forward with him? He is too valuable to this OL to miss numerous games each year is why I ask. 

2 hours ago, CamMo said:

:hat: GREAT news. Geathers will likely be out there for Saturday also.

This Can Not Be Good for the long run. remember the last time someone had nerve problems in their neck on the offensive side of the ball? He ended up in Denver. I mean, I know we need RK on Saturday (No pun intended) but man, way of life is way more important. I mean I know the docs may clear the guy but if you have nerve problems in your neck two weeks ago...Man. You just cant ignore that type of pain/aggravation. A crook in your neck is annoying as it is, I cant imagine nerve pain in your neck.smh

3 hours ago, dew5150 said:

When Fabio, Nelson and Kelly are all on the field, we've allowed zero sacks.

Fabio. Great stuff! Hair, yes. Mug, no. 

That said, this line is far better with Kelly. We need to be appreciative of Boehm and the fact that he is an excellent backup, but Kelly makes the train run on time. He's a GREAT center. 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

What exactly was wrong with his neck? Will this be a lingering issue going forward with him? He is too valuable to this OL to miss numerous games each year is why I ask. 

You know, I am not 100% certain.  I hope not, a neck is nothing to mess around with.  Hopefully he's good to go the rest of the way.  Boehm has done a fantastic job, but we need Ryan!