Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Casey not expected to play vs colts. Mariota's playing status in question

CR91

Oh my!  That is a huge HUGE loss for them.  Titans have struggled more against the run compared to the last few years and he was probably their best run stopper.  I would think we can get some room for Mack & Co. and take some pressure off of Luck and then open up the downfield lanes as the game wears on.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Their Pro Bowl DL is out? Sucks for them!

What about our injuries though? Who should be back by that game? Could Kelly and Glowinski come back?

Glowinski probably. Not sure about Kelly. Depends how serious the neck injury is. I wouldnt be surprised if hes out

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Even if he does, he'll be limited

I hope he does (Mariota), he hasn’t been a factor in their wins as far as I can tell.  

Casey going to IR is a tough pill for them.  I’d rather both teams be at full strength.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I hope he does (Mariota), he hasn’t been a factor in their wins as far as I can tell.  

Casey going to IR is a tough pill for them.  I’d rather both teams be at full strength.   

I feel like if we control their run game, we'll be fine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I feel like if we control their run game, we'll be fine. 

That’s been the game plan, no reason to change it now.

I admit getting frustrated when the other team is seemingly competing every short pass, but I understand the concept.  

Shut down the run, make their QB try to beat you.  Don’t let them get behind you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That’s been the game plan, no reason to change it now.

I admit getting frustrated when the other team is seemingly competing every short pass, but I understand the concept.  

Shut down the run, make their QB try to beat you.  Don’t let them get behind you.  

It's why the Colts haven't been blown out this year. We limit the big plays. The downfall is long-methodical drives for our opponents. The Colts need to go all out against the Titans this week if they want this playoff spot. Whoever wants it more will win.

6 hours ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Casey being out is a big deal. Hopefully Mack and the running game can gash them. If Mack is running the ball well, our offense is borderline unstoppable.

I thought our game plan against the Giants would be to run at their weak run defense.  Instead we came out and started throwing the ball right from the get go.  Three passes in a row to start the game.  Then punt.  The running game never really got going.  Who knows what the coaches will dial up this week.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

It's why the Colts haven't been blown out this year. We limit the big plays. The downfall is long-methodical drives for our opponents. The Colts need to go all out against the Titans this week if they want this playoff spot. Whoever wants it more will win.

Totally disagree. These are pro athletes fighting for a playoff spot. They both want it bad. It will come down to game planning, adjustments, execution, and talent like most NFL games do.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought our game plan against the Giants would be to run at their weak run defense.  Instead we came out and started throwing the ball right from the get go.  Three passes in a row to start the game.  Then punt.  The running game never really got going.  Who knows what the coaches will dial up this week.  

The giants had a stack box look on basically every down and they blitzed from that stack box which is why we threw a lot.

• Like 1

I'm very comfortable in this game. 

If Mariota plays, I expect him our defense to rattle him. I think he's a fine young QB but we could handle him on his best day, and he won't be at his best only 1 week removed from a reoccurring injury. 

If Mariota doesn't play, the passing game is not a threat. 

Either way, their offense runs through Henry. I'm very encouraged based on the defensive performance on Saquon. Stop the run game, make them pass. Take advantage of mistakes. Our offense runs through Luck, and even without Kelly/Ebron I think Mack can feast. 

I feel good about this game.